Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 08:28   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
The running in period is the challenge
Pick up a destination around 500-700 km and plan a holiday (how's the weather in Goa ). Or maybe multiple early morning Mumbai- Pune returns.

Do get the oil changed at 2000 km as a precaution even though the manual may not mention this but it helps. All the M cars that BMW uses internally or for press/ events are run in for 2000 Kms - usually Gurgaon- Agra multiple rounds. If you decide to go for an oil change, tell them to use oil from individual bottles they import instead of the larger packs they usually use.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th March 2021 at 08:56.
Turbanator is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 09:25   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Pick up a destination around 500-700 km and plan a holiday (how's the weather in Goa ). Or maybe multiple early morning Mumbai- Pune returns.

Do get the oil changed at 2000 km as a precaution even though the manual may not mention this but it helps. All the M cars that BMW uses internally or for press/ events are run in for 2000 Kms - usually Gurgaon- Agra multiple rounds. If you decide to go for an oil change, tell them to use oil from individual bottles they import instead of the larger packs they usually use.
Given that the ODO stands at 150 km as of yesterday evening I can definitely see early morning Pune - Mumbai - Pune runs happening this week

Thanks for the useful tip. Will definitely get the oil changed at 2000 km.
Dieselite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:32   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning I have taken delivery of my beautiful baby M ! !
Awesome.. Congratulations Madhur. Happy driving

How different is this blue shade in person with the current blue offered in 330i/320d if you know
Puneet0051 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 13:19   #124
BHPian

It is interesting to note that the G20 3Series has got three types of headlights. I think the basic one is the LED version which came in with my 330i with 2 split DRL's. The turn indicators are vertically places LED'S on the sides.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-slab.jpg

Then there is this LED's which comes in the India spec 330i and the most common type, with 'U' shaped DRL's with a small kink at the edges. The turn indicators are horizontal and on top.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-u-shaped.jpg

Then there is the LASER headlights which comes in the M340i and top end versions of the 330i.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-laser.jpg

Not seen this trend much with other manufacturers. I think the Laser lights looks classy and the best replacement for the original corona rings. The 'U' shaped one is the second best in my opinion. Unfortunately my car came with the basic one .

BMW M340i xDrive Review-l11.jpg

Also in my car the high beam and low beam are from the same source located outward of the cluster. The inner beam is non functional and doesn't light up at all. This was the same with my previous X5 also. I have no clue why BMW has made this twin beam headlights when one is clearly non functional. Think this is only for the looks, anybody has a clue?

Last edited by Catamaran : 18th March 2021 at 13:40.
Catamaran is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 09:47   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congratulations Madhur

Yes, that should definitely settle things down.

Shall await the same.

Enjoy !

In the meantime I have scheduled my car's delivery for the 19th March i.e. Friday
hope you got "some" sleep last night dude. cant wait for pics, especially the wheels on that blue!
white_vdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:34   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Got her home today. What a lovely engine and gearbox combination. The ride is a little firm but not jarring, it didn't help that the dealership delivered with 46psi all around. The acceleration is brutal and it will be hard to keep it below 4500rpm till 2000kms. Gesture control is annoying and the steering is a tad too thick. Got rid of thhe pesky speed chimes, set the ASS to memory, once touch indicator to 5 clicks and I am all set. Hopefully will be able to post a detailed ownership review soon.

Looking lovely before delivery
BMW M340i xDrive Review-delivery.jpg

RSudarsanan, Dr.AD and I. Thanks to Zebo for the pic
BMW M340i xDrive Review-group.jpg

Tanking up with XP100 octane
BMW M340i xDrive Review-xp100.jpg

Stock instrument cluster till 260kmph
BMW M340i xDrive Review-260.jpg

Scaled to 330kmph, this car deserves it even though it limited to 250kmp
BMW M340i xDrive Review-330.jpg

The amazing laser lights
BMW M340i xDrive Review-laser.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 19:56   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is here !Today morning I have taken delivery of my beautiful baby M ! Have only driven from the showroom till home and short spin for the family near our home. But BOY is it awesome !
Quote:
In the meantime I have scheduled my car's delivery for the 19th March i.e. Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Got her home today. What a lovely engine and gearbox combination.
Heartiest Congratulations to all M340i owners! This is one amazing machine.

Quote:
The ride is a little firm but not jarring, it didn't help that the dealership delivered with 46psi all around. The acceleration is brutal and it will be hard to keep it below 4500rpm till 2000kms.
I had the privilege to ride shotgun in this brand new M340i of robimahanta and I can attest to this. The ride quality was firm but totally fine even from the passenger's point of view. At no point it felt too harsh or something unacceptable. And what acceleration! We did not even break the speed limits but just the acceleration from zero to the speed limit is exhilarating. Brutal power!

I can just imagine how this would be on the open highways.

The quality of the iDrive screen as well as the instrument cluster is another point that is absolutely fantastic in this car. The iDrive screen, in clarify, brightness, vividness of the colors and touch response is no less than a proper top end phone or tablet. And the instrument cluster is beautiful too. The clarity and brightness is perfect, and it has some anti-glare kind of matte finish which looks gorgeous. The fonts and the details shown on that are so good that one feels like looking at something from a cockpit of a modern aircraft. The only weird thing is the anti-clockwise tacho, but it is easy to forget that with all the lovely design elements that this instrument panel has.

Oh, and the laser lights are a piece of art in themselves!

Once again congratulations to all the new owners of the M340i.
Dr.AD is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 20:05   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got her home today.
Congratulations I am sure many more Bhpians would pick up one from the next lots whenever they are available.

Quote:
Got rid of the pesky speed chimes
Can you please elaborate further on what exactly have you done to get rid of that speed warning permanently?

Quote:
Tanking up with XP100 octane
Wow. That must have been a nearly 5 digit tank up
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 20:17   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Got her home today. What a lovely engine and gearbox combination.
Amazing! Congrats and looking forward to your ownership review and most importantly checking out the car in person.
deepfreak15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 20:23   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally took delivery of my M340i earlier today;

BMW M340i xDrive Review-94d11b11e2e545b8b181e9fad51eabba.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1795.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1801.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1799.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1820.jpg

A Complete (Stockyard to Showroom) Delivery experience video is in the making, will post as soon as it gets ready.

Congratulations to Robi & Dieselite once again
karan561 is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 21:17   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is here !Today morning I have taken delivery of my beautiful baby M ! Have only driven from the showroom till home and short spin for the family near our home. But BOY is it awesome !
Quote:
Got her home today. What a lovely engine and gearbox combination. The ride is a little firm but not jarring, it didn't help that the dealership delivered with 46psi all around. The acceleration is brutal and it will be hard to keep it below 4500rpm till 2000kms. Gesture control is annoying and the steering is a tad too thick. Got rid of thhe pesky speed chimes, set the ASS to memory, once touch indicator to 5 clicks and I am all set. Hopefully will be able to post a detailed ownership review soon.
Quote:
Finally took delivery of my M340i earlier today;
Congratulations to all of you and wish you many miles of happiness and welcome to the beautiful world of B58 engine

Both the colors look fantastic but, orange is definitely a stand out color and may attract a lot more cops

Hoping to see 3 ownership reviews soon on the forum !!

Robimahanta and Karan- As you are existing/past owners of Bimmers, it would be interesting to know your real time comparison of in-line 4 and TC gearbox combination with this in-line 6 engine and ZF-8 gearbox?

This being my first Bimmer, I feel this combination is at a different level. Gear changes are lightening fast and paddle shifters are a joy to use and holds the gear perfectly and gear changes happen so fast that i have to glance at the instrument cluster to know which gear i am in

With regards to gesture control, if you are in the habit of talking with a lot of hand gestures (I have this habit) then car goes into mute pretty often! but, if you keep your hands to yourself it's a pretty useful feature especially for mute and skipping songs !

Congrats again !!!
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 23:40   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took delivery of my M340i

Congratulations to Robi & Dieselite once again
Heartiest congratulations Karan ! The car looks wicked with the new wheels. I'm just about closing in on 400 km and everytime i REV her up I struggle to keep it below 4500 rpm. On a few occasions I have crossed it but never redlined her yet. I hope my self control improves with time till I finally won't need it

My 350 km update:

PROS -

Mind blowing flawless powertrain
32 PSI makes the ride absolutely fine. Tubeless tyres should make this as good as any sedan around.
Laser lights are unbelievably good
Superbly balanced styling
Interior quality and trim grows on you fast!
Handling is a few leagues above the F10 530d
THE SWEET EXHAUST

CONS -

TPMS cannot be set as per user choice. At 32 PSI cold pressure the Car continuously gives a type pressure alarm
Wireless Android Auto throws up glitches a few times when streaming music. It does have a mind of its own.

All in all I am thrilled to bits about my choice of car. It really doesn't get any better than this below 1 Cr. Looking forward to clocking 2000 km on the ODO as fast as I can!
Dieselite is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 19:59   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

By the way, could not resist sharing one picture I took of robimahanta's car:

Sunset orange under sunset light. Looked absolutely stunning:

BMW M340i xDrive Review-dsc_17122.jpg
Dr.AD is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 22:46   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

1st Full Tank @ Shell (V-Power) & 1st Night Shot. The White Lights are really bringing out the Tanzanite Blue II Metallic Shade very well;

BMW M340i xDrive Review-0fd540a110d448608f5758f39a8041b4.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 21st March 2021 at 22:47.
karan561 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 23:19   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The White Lights are really bringing out the Tanzanite Blue II Metallic Shade very well
Looks drop-dead gorgeous in this spec ; Blue + grey 792M alloys + grey ORVMs.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed