Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2021, 14:37   #166
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
I have done around 650 km and I find myself revving up to 5000 rpm a few times. It is seriously impossible to keep myself in check
Totally & absolutely agreed. Tell you a story. Has never happened with any other car. I came back from my usual highway run, had a heavy lunch and took a nap. Akshay1234 was going to come and pick up the car (keys were left with the house help). An hour or two later, I woke up, still sleepy and the first thought running in my head was "M340i" . In that groggy state, I hurriedly went to the window to check if the BMW is still parked down in the building, and there she was! Called Akshay who said he had something come up and was just leaving.

I went down again, took the car around the area to make the most of my final minutes with it and gunned the throttle. Never ever happened with any other media car, where I wanted to drive again, after a fun highway drive. The M340i BEGS to be revved to the redline. It can turn the most serious man into a mischievous child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Its been exactly a week since I took delivery of my BMW M340i & its now time to share the entire Delivery Experience right from the Stockyard to the Showroom with all of you.
Nice video, and love your stylish threads .

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2021 at 14:41.
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 14:59   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Totally & absolutely agreed. Tell you a story.

I went down again, took the car around the area to make the most of my final minutes with it and gunned the throttle. Never ever happened with any other media car, where I wanted to drive again, after a fun highway drive. The M340i BEGS to be revved to the redline. It can turn the most serious man into a mischievous child.
That is quite amazing. For someone, who lives his car dream through this wonderful platform, to say this is special.

Every time i push the car higher than 4000 rpm I feel almost guilty at the end of the drive ! And yet every next time I fire her up I can't resist. Sigh!

But the better Running In strategy is to use the engine at variable speeds I guess. So hopefully I am not hurting her ! The acoustic treat and buttery feeling which goes with a petrol engine revving is just unbeatable. My Dieselite days are well and truly behind me
Dieselite is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 15:39   #168
BHPian

Quote:
But the better Running In strategy is to use the engine at variable speeds I guess.
Absolutely correct. The engine must be run in by putting it under stress in variable conditions. Running at same speed for long intervals before the run in is not ideal or recommended. That said, it must not be redlined either !

Last edited by shaheenazk : 27th March 2021 at 15:50.
shaheenazk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 18:05   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Congratulations on the car buddy. I believe the performance is adequate for our roads .

Looking forward to a full-blown review once you break in the car.
Thanks ecenandu, The performance is feeling adequate in the run in period itself to be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congratulations Karan on the M340i.

Could relate to each and every moment of the video, visiting stockyard & seeing your car for 1st time. All this brought back memories of X1.
Thanks ! Yes, this video has come out well & I am happy my team (Camera+Edit) was able to capture all the special moments nicely.

Quote:
Do create a separate ownership thread with all the details.
Yes, will start working on it in the coming month.

Quote:
Keep munching trouble-free miles on the M340i.
Thanks for the good wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Totally & absolutely agreed. Tell you a story. Has never happened with any other car. I came back from my usual highway run, had a heavy lunch and took a nap. Akshay1234 was going to come and pick up the car (keys were left with the house help). An hour or two later, I woke up, still sleepy and the first thought running in my head was "M340i" . In that groggy state, I hurriedly went to the window to check if the BMW is still parked down in the building, and there she was! Called Akshay who said he had something come up and was just leaving.

WoW, What a story ! Really reassures our buy decision

Quote:
Nice video, and love your stylish threads .
Thanks for the compliments sire !

Quote:
That is quite amazing. For someone, who lives his car dream through this wonderful platform, to say this is special.
Indeed.

Quote:
My Dieselite days are well and truly behind me
Truly.

BTW, it was fun catching up earlier today. May be the 1st Official M340i Owners Meet;

BMW M340i xDrive Review-screenshot-20210327-6.04.07-pm.png
karan561 is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 20:05   #170
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, it was fun catching up earlier today. May be the 1st Official M340i Owners Meet;

Attachment 2137536
It definitely was fun Karan ! Do let me know if you can feel the difference with Power 99 tomorrow on your way back to Mumbai !
Dieselite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 09:55   #171
BHPian

Re: Video: My BMW M340i: Delivery Experience (Stockyard to Showroom)

Quote:
Its been exactly a week since I took delivery of my BMW M340i & its now time to share the entire Delivery Experience right from the Stockyard to the Showroom with all of you.
Congratulations sir and Happy revving.

With the phenomenal car it is and the videos are too fantastic. I must say you are getting popular on YouTube and in no time you will have a great number of followers. And the M340i content will play a huge role in it. Looking forward to more videos and ownership thread on this forum.
sachin2612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 10:27   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations buddy! This could be possibly ‘the purchase of the year’ for a car enthusiast

With the OE wheels replacement, do you think daily practicality might take a hit, going over city roads, speed breakers et al?
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 20:32   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It definitely was fun Karan ! Do let me know if you can feel the difference with Power 99 tomorrow on your way back to Mumbai !
Sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin2612 View Post
Congratulations sir and Happy revving.

With the phenomenal car it is and the videos are too fantastic. I must say you are getting popular on YouTube and in no time you will have a great number of followers. And the M340i content will play a huge role in it. Looking forward to more videos and ownership thread on this forum.
Thanks Sachin for your appreciation. Yes, more videos based around M340i are planned, but the next one will be a full video review. Thanks again for your good wishes, Regards !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Congratulations buddy! This could be possibly ‘the purchase of the year’ for a car enthusiast
Thanks, it indeed might as well be the last one too as the next lot may be hybridised with a 48V Mild Hybrid Motor

Quote:
With the OE wheels replacement, do you think daily practicality might take a hit, going over city roads, speed breakers et al?
The 19"ers have surprised me not only in the compliments but also the practicality. The ride quality has been very good for the setup, thanks to the soft Michelin PS4S'. The Ground clearance too is good & haven't scraped the underbelly yet (Tried upto 4 people on board). Also, I have a feeling that with 19s I might have gained a bit of Ground Clearance (1" Increase in Rim Size but 0.45" decrease in sidewall height = 0.55" Increase in Height ?) Don't know if that calculation makes sense.
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 20:46   #174
Team-BHP Support

India may be amongst very few markets where 340 is sold with 18 inches. Mostly, BMW will tune with the popular setup which in this case will be 19 inches.

So, it’s the most sensible update one can do.
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 21:21   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
India may be amongst very few markets where 340 is sold with 18 inches. Mostly, BMW will tune with the popular setup which in this case will be 19 inches.

So, it’s the most sensible update one can do.
I guess most other countries get Adaptive Dampers with the 19 inch wheels. Online reviews do indicate an excellent ride with that combination.
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 00:33   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Karan & Dieselite

The M340i is probably the best move by BMW in years. While MBIL has beaten them at comfort oriented strategies, BMW has for once pulled up their trump card- sportiness to their benefit.

I hope they price their CBU Ms more aggressively now to continue their sporty strategy.
Sahil is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 22:43   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Its been exactly a week since I took delivery of my BMW M340i
Congrats for getting the beast inside beauty outside Karan!

The grey alloys really gel well on a blue coloured BMW and a blue coloured car with grey alloys is my favourite combo as well.

Apart from 530D, this has become my favourite as well.
car_guy1998 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 21:51   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats Karan & Dieselite
Thanks Sahil
Quote:
The M340i is probably the best move by BMW in years. While MBIL has beaten them at comfort oriented strategies, BMW has for once pulled up their trump card- sportiness to their benefit.
I Agree.
Quote:
I hope they price their CBU Ms more aggressively now to continue their sporty strategy.
I believe their X3M was pretty aggressively priced for a CBU. Lets hope this trend continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Congrats for getting the beast inside beauty outside Karan!
Thanks !
Quote:
The grey alloys really gel well on a blue coloured BMW and a blue coloured car with grey alloys is my favourite combo as well.
Apart from 530D, this has become my favourite as well.

Last edited by karan561 : 30th March 2021 at 21:53.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 23:38   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost 1000kms is up. Loving the car. A friend of mine Rahul (insta: theshotisshot) did a short photo shoot. The colour really shines in good light. Hopefully i can compile the initial driving report as soon the initial break in done at 2000kms. Sharing a few images from the shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_4562.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_4367web.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_4449web.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_4306web.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 19:12   #180
Ess

Quote:
Android Auto is really acting up quite a few times when streaming audio. Songs suddenly stop streaming smooth and there is a buffered playback which is driving me nuts !
Hi Dieselite, any chance you've been able to find a fix for this problem? We've been facing it too from the day we took delivery of our M340i a couple of weeks back. I've tried turning Bluetooth off and toggling media access in the Bluetooth settings, both of which temporarily fix the issue for a few seconds before automatically switching back to their original settings .

Also, the occurrence of this problem is quite random. It'll work fine for hours at end and then randomly start stuttering, seemingly out of nowhere. Could this be an Android issue?
Ess is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks