Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 12:42   #286
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Congratulations on your new Fortuner.
Any particular reason why you didn't choose the MT over the AT?
Your post took me back to your Thar ownership thread. It was an enjoyable read, you do have a good flair for writing

There was a pic of your dog comfortable and resting in your Thar.
Your dog must be wondering "hmm, where do i relax on this one?"
Thank you - Really appreciate your comments.

On AT vs MT - there was no confusion. I wanted an AT. I have driven enough of MT and Bangalore's traffic doesn't make it any kinder on your left knee. . In addition AT allows my wife to drive the car as well. The Innova was also an AT.

The Fortuner with AT with paddle shifts is quite fun to drive. I haven't driven the MT at all so I wouldn't comment on that. There are some purists who love MT and I think they would buy it but for others and in this price range - I would think AT is the way to go.

The dog in the Thar's thread, unfortunately isn't there in this world (old age).

But we have another one and he's 5 years old too..If any body is wondering then this is a Chippiparai breed (native hound from Periyar region).
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-pxl_20210830_074344624.jpg
carrot_eater is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 18:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Finally got the delivery of my Fortuner 4x4 AT pearl white with chamois interiors.
Congratulations carrot_eater! Wishing you hundreds of thousands of happy km on the Fortuner. I'd have had one in my garage today, if not for the ride quality and atrocious pricing by Toyota. That brute of an engine is a delight to experience... have fun and keep posting your ownership experience.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 18:53   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Congratulations carrot_eater! Wishing you hundreds of thousands of happy km on the Fortuner. I'd have had one in my garage today, if not for the ride quality and atrocious pricing by Toyota. That brute of an engine is a delight to experience... have fun and keep posting your ownership experience.
Thanks a ton - well the Ride quality is quite good, I have few 100km on the car and my family thinks it is as comfortable as the Innova. To me in the driver seat so far, the ride quality is really good.
carrot_eater is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 07:35   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post

2) he is looking to add Auxiliary head lamps within 50k budget for long distance highway use at close to triple digit speeds. he does acknowledge the stock lights are good but just wants an extra set of lights (pencil beams) to be safe and is cognizant not to cause difficulty to oncoming drivers.
Any pointers for same in Hyderabad will be helpful.

3) If anyone has used Hella Rallye 470 light bars. any feedback on them will also be helpful.

Thank You
Hi, you can ask your friend to opt for a Hella 470 Highway beam, which has a good throw and will satiate the need. I purchased mine from Indian De'Cars, Banjara Hills store. I also purchased the additional amber lens cover, as that way my ask for a yellow light during rains and foggy driving conditions. A picture for your clarity is below.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo_1628090074981.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 08:47   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi, you can ask your friend to opt for a Hella 470 Highway beam, which has a good throw and will satiate the need. I purchased mine from Indian De'Cars, Banjara Hills store. I also purchased the additional amber lens cover, as that way my ask for a yellow light during rains and foggy driving conditions. A picture for your clarity is below.
Thank You. have let him know of this. if you can also share pricing for this, it will be helpful.

My friend did mention that he has been following yours and PrideRed's posts and find those always helpful - it did help influence his buying decision as well.

he graduated from Storme to Fortuner and finds that ride quality in fortuner is better at higher speeds and the front row seats are more comfortable in Toyota.

At slow speeds, Storme's middle row is more comfortable.
channelv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:05   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Hi,
Was cleaning the car and noticed a minor play in the sharkfin antenna. Is this normal or I should get this checked from Toyota service station?There is no rattle otherwise during driving, and also car sustained through multiple rains so far.
Checked my Fortuner and there is small play. Antenna seem to be stuck using double tape. Incidentally same is the behaviour in my Crysta too. 3 years and haven't seen any problem with Crysta, So I don't think this should be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend who just bought Fortuner 2021 Auto 4WD and has done 400km till now. He is based in Hyderabad.

1) He is experiencing "tak" sound from the rear tyres when he engages reverse or switches back to drive mode(audible only when you are outside of the car)

Is this normal or something that should be checked with service advisor? the sound is audible only from the outside and can't be heard from inside the cabin.
Fortuner and Innova lurches forward/backward a bit if you don't fully depress brake. I don't know technical but based on my observation this comes when you don't press brake fully and slot to D/R or P, the noise comes. If you switch to Neutral first, car moves few cm and once stationary if you slot to gear there is no noise. To avoid completely you should fully depress brake before slotting to gear or P.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 17:50   #292
BHPian

Ford to stop manufacturing cars in India. Link
Old 12th September 2021, 08:21   #293

Hello Bhpians
I have clocked 5000 km in my “Legender”
Everytime I took this beast out for a drive it grabs eyeballs �� like no other
I am fully satisfied with my car and find myself lucky enough that I canceled Ford Endeavour sport.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-417b8b6b7421477c89dfad5e9add43d9.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 12th September 2021 at 10:45. Reason: Mod note attached.
Yash96 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 10:07   #294
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I have purchased the wheel lock nuts from Farad India and I must say that their products are of top quality. I also appreciate their customer service and support. Well done to Kalpesh and team of Farad India!

After investing into BFG KO2 tyres, I felt that I have to secure them, as they are now falling under appreciating assets category. I was looking for wheel lock nuts and were difficult to get by. Farad India came to my rescue. The 4 lock nut kit has its own key and the finish is of good quality. Installation is simple and straightforward with replacing one each of the stock wheel nuts with the lock wheel nuts.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20210730wa0036.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20210730wa0041.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210911_104306.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210804_184148.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20210730wa0027.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 12th September 2021 at 10:14.
getsurya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 10:20   #295
BHPian

Hi, got first scratch. On my way to Chandigarh from Delhi, looks like road stones made their mark.
Any suggestion to handle or ignore this? Is com paint spray super white Toyota any good to minimize the impact?
[ATTACH=IMG_20210912_093819__01.jpg]2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20210912_093758__01.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20210912_093819__01.jpg  

Old 12th September 2021, 12:33   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, got first scratch. On my way to Chandigarh from Delhi, looks like road stones made their mark.
Hi abhi1881, please use anything that can seal the chip off area, of the paint. That will help in the long run.

For this reason only, I have got Supergaurd pro PPF done on the bonnet earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210204_120652.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 12th September 2021 at 12:36. Reason: Added more info
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 13:55   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
For this reason only, I have got Supergaurd pro PPF done on the bonnet earlier.
Sorry to be taking this little off topic.

Which shop is this? How has been your over all experience?

There are lot of detailing spots now popping up at Hyderabad. Some insights without the commercial value might help few prospective owners who wants to get this done.

BTW great additions on your wheels. This thread has got me hooked for long. Though I will not ever end up owning one as my commute is 75% in city and the size would mean it is not going to be helpful navigate narrow lanes easily and better half always would need chauffeur
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 15:21   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Sorry to be taking this little off topic.

Which shop is this? How has been your over all experience?

There are lot of detailing spots now popping up at Hyderabad. Some insights without the commercial value might help few prospective owners who wants to get this done.

BTW great additions on your wheels. This thread has got me hooked for long. Though I will not ever end up owning one as my commute is 75% in city and the size would mean it is not going to be helpful navigate narrow lanes easily and better half always would need chauffeur
This is Indian De'Cars, Gachibowli branch. It is just beside the Cyberabad Commissioners Office. I am happy with them for the work.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 18:20   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Is com paint spray super white Toyota any good to minimize the impact?
Comp Paint will mess it up in my view. At least that's what it did for my car. It left a huge patch that looked really bad and I had to paint the entire door.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 13:04   #300
BHPian

Can anyone here explain how the speakers are placed in 4x4 top end Fortuner. I see Toyota claiming a 11 speaker setup but in none of the post I can spot 11 different components.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks