Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2021, 08:01   #406
BANNED

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Unlike many quoted here, i didn't find delay in deliveries from Bangalore dealers. We took 1-Fortuner 4x4 AT, 1-Crysta AT and 1-Legender 4x4 AT all delivered in 2-3 days time. More over got a decent deal for all from the dealership.
When i tried with Ahmedabad and Orissa dealers found them rigid on delivery of 2-3 months that too if your lucky and insurance has to be taken from them so i left.
Reason for trying Ahmedabad and Orissa was to register in BH series which didn't happen due to longer lead time.
Carot app of my Legender shows that it has rolled out of the local yard on 12/10/21-8.41am with 0 on odo.
Rajith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 18:19   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Unlike many quoted here, i didn't find delay in deliveries from Bangalore dealers. We took 1-Fortuner 4x4 AT, 1-Crysta AT and 1-Legender 4x4 AT all delivered in 2-3 days time. More over got a decent deal for all from the dealership.
When i tried with Ahmedabad and Orissa dealers found them rigid on delivery of 2-3 months that too if your lucky and insurance has to be taken from them so i left.
Reason for trying Ahmedabad and Orissa was to register in BH series which didn't happen due to longer lead time.
Carot app of my Legender shows that it has rolled out of the local yard on 12/10/21-8.41am with 0 on odo.
Probably Bengaluru is an exception to the rule!! Hyderabad also has 3-4 months waiting period at the least, dependent upon the model chosen.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 09:21   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
You are one lucky guy! These also probably are the variants with highest wait times. Many Bangalore folks have complained on delays too, though they may not be as bad as other cities. And you got deals too?? Here in Noida i had to raise hell for mats!

On the other hand, i too got my Fortuner in a couple of days- against a cancellation. I was flexible with color.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 09:40   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
You are one lucky guy! These also probably are the variants with highest wait times. Many Bangalore folks have complained on delays too, though they may not be as bad as other cities. And you got deals too?? Here in Noida i had to raise hell for mats!

On the other hand, i too got my Fortuner in a couple of days- against a cancellation. I was flexible with color.
In Bangalore, If white and to some extent black can be had earlier if you have good relationship with dealer or can influence. Did you get rubber mats? The dealer I got car, did not charge for mats/mudflaps.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 09:55   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Did you get rubber mats? The dealer I got car, did not charge for mats/mudflaps.
No man- standard carpet ones- charged as 5k, and showed as 5k discount on final invoice. mudflaps apparently come fitted i was told.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:06   #411

Quote:

Yeah here in Gurgaon, we were told that the earliest we can expect a Fortuner is February - they said that we could get an Innova earlier though (Jan).
elSidCampeador is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 13:08   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSidCampeador View Post
Yeah here in Gurgaon, we were told that the earliest we can expect a Fortuner is February - they said that we could get an Innova earlier though (Jan).
I was quoted 2 months for Innova too- given my choice was petrol, and, they are built to order according to some salesmen. Surprising since in NCR, there is reasonable demand for petrol Innovas.

This is what i did for the Fortuner-

1. I was flexible on color, so long it was not black
2. Made a list of all dealerships in NCR
3. Called all of them to check on stock
4. Got to talk to 2-3 Toyota salesmen in detail so that they understood am a genuine buyer
5. Asked them to put me in the waiting list for cancellations in any.
6. Also sent my requirements out to auto consultants such as Autoworld who help in sourcing vehicles and deals.
7. Closed in the financials moment a vehicle was made available. It helped that i was not requiring finance.

Toyota dealers were not even ready to share chassis number before full payments were made. Had to get on a few fights to sort that out. Is this their normal behavior or they are trying to take advantage of the current shortage situation?

Key learning- we think that one dealership having multiple outlets will share consolidated stock numbers. But they do not. So, call up as many dealerships as possible
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 15:55   #413
Senior - BHPian

My new vehicles AdBlue indicators have come up for the first time after 3K+ kms and shows 2000+ kms more can be done. I picked a 10 liter bucket from Shell, but finding it difficult to pour it from the bucket to vehicle reservoir that too when the liquid is corrosive. I think it was foolish to pick the bucket, it would have been easier to pour it from a 2 liter bottle. Any tips on filling this will be useful

I am also facing a small challenge with the central locking which was not there in my old Fortuner. All doors are not unlocking automatically after I stop the engine and unlock/open the driver side door. Doors need to be unlocked using the unlock button on the driver side door panel or key fob. I have seen similar behavior while using my BIL's new Crysta. I recollect all doors opening automatically after I shutdown the engine in the new Fortuner during the initial days, is this a setting that I have deactivated by mistake? But unable to find anything on the console to reset this.
gadadhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 08:18   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am also facing a small challenge with the central locking which was not there in my old Fortuner. All doors are not unlocking automatically after I stop the engine and unlock/open the driver side door. Doors need to be unlocked using the unlock button on the driver side door panel or key fob. I have seen similar behavior while using my BIL's new Crysta. I recollect all doors opening automatically after I shutdown the engine in the new Fortuner during the initial days, is this a setting that I have deactivated by mistake? But unable to find anything on the console to reset this.
Hi,
The issue you are facing is not an issue actually. When you switch off the Fortuner in this generation the doors don’t unlock. It’s an irritant actually, as you have manually unlock it. However I have gotten used to pressing the door unlock button once I shut down the engine. The action is now done subconsciously if I say so, just like how we switch off the lights when we come out of our room.

I do not think there is a way around it. If there is some one please post here as it will help all New generation Toyota car owners.

Last edited by dean5545 : 9th November 2021 at 08:44.
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 10:57   #415
BHPian

Quote:
I picked a 10 liter bucket from Shell, but finding it difficult to pour it from the bucket to vehicle reservoir that too when the liquid is corrosive. Any tips on filling this will be useful
I use a funnel as a safety measure. Indian oil's bucket has a funnel type pouring spout but still it's a two man job without the funnel. Apparently my arms are too weak for a 10 litre bucket
As for central unlocking behavior, in my car driver door opens just by pulling on the lever but the others require manual unlocking.

Last edited by Stolidus500 : 9th November 2021 at 11:02.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 14:30   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hi,

I do not think there is a way around it. If there is some one please post here as it will help all New generation Toyota car owners.
I am pretty sure all doors use to open earlier, or it might be just bad memory or baggage from my old fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Apparently my arms are too weak for a 10 liter bucket
As for central unlocking behavior, in my car driver door opens just by pulling on the lever but the others require manual unlocking.
Same is case here, can't imagine lifting that 10L bucket

On the central locking, I am still hoping for a fix. It was much convenient in the older model
Old 11th November 2021, 06:02   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure all doors use to open earlier, or it might be just bad memory or baggage from my old fortuner

Same is case here, can't imagine lifting that 10L bucket

On the central locking, I am still hoping for a fix. It was much convenient in the older model
Somehow, I also have the same feeling or experience as Gadadhar has! I also felt that the first few days the doors unlocked after turning the ignition off!! I have even called the ASC person and spoke the same with him. It is strange that Gadadhar also has same experience with it.

I would prefer it the old Fortuner way, for sure!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 09:18   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Somehow, I also have the same feeling or experience as Gadadhar has! I also felt that the first few days the doors unlocked after turning the ignition off!! I have even called the ASC person and spoke the same with him. It is strange that Gadadhar also has same experience with it.

I would prefer it the old Fortuner way, for sure!
I think we should explore this a bit. I am sure most will agree that the old was more convenient.

Came across this link . This may not be the way to do this in the new Fortuner, but it should be a case with different lock modes as mentioned in the post. Lock mode would have switched accidentally at the press of some keys is my guess.

Last edited by gadadhar : 11th November 2021 at 09:27.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 12:20   #419
BHPian

Quote:
I think we should explore this a bit. I am sure most will agree that the old was more convenient.

Came across this link . This may not be the way to do this in the new Fortuner,
Tried this, does'nt work in the 2021 model The older way was lot more convenient.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 12:41   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried this, does'nt work in the 2021 model The older way was lot more convenient.
Let us explore this, I am pretty sure it can be configured differently, but we need to crack it
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks