Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:52   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
The hike is insane, with Ford exit Toyota has got more room to hike prices.
But still unsure whether such hike will affect the prospective owners who are willing to shell out such high amounts for a car which is reliable, when compared to germans available in this price range.
The Germans are getting even more expensive. Merc/Audi already have hiked by upto 4% which translates to nearly 2-3L hike for entry level model. With production constraints and new sales model, discounts are not what it used to be.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:05   #467
BHPian

Went to a near by quarry to test capabilities of Fortuner. Had to use 4 low to climb up as 4h was too fast. Was able to climb without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Fortuner price hiked by over a Lac. Hike on OTR should be 1.5L+. Regular Fortuner now should be breaching 50L mark and Legender will be breaching 55L mark in Karnataka.

[ATTACH=Screenshot_20220102204902.jpg]2253196[/ATTACH
I got saved in the nick of time. Took delivery in mid of Dec
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220101wa0188.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd January 2022 at 20:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
ViMo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:50   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fortuner price hiked by over a Lac
Did some quick number-crunching on the hikes since facelift launch. Believe it or not, the 4x4 AT variant is currently dearer by almost 5 lac (14%) since pre-facelift - yes, from Dec '20 to Jan '22! While it is understood that the facelift was a significant improvement over its predecessor, it did come with significant price hike (9% for 4x4 AT), but it did not stop TKM from increasing the prices by another 5% over the course of 2021. All this said, I doubt if this will have any impact on sale volumes
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner.jpg  

cool_dube is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:17   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Did some quick number-crunching on the hikes since facelift launch. Believe it or not, the 4x4 AT variant is currently dearer by almost 5 lac (14%) since pre-facelift - yes, from Dec '20 to Jan '22! While it is understood that the facelift was a significant improvement over its predecessor, it did come with significant price hike (9% for 4x4 AT), but it did not stop TKM from increasing the prices by another 5% over the course of 2021. All this said, I doubt if this will have any impact on sale volumes
My happiness index went up after this analysis, as my Fortuner 2021 model has already appreciated before the depreciation kicked in 😉
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:34   #470
BHPian

Hi Guys, I took a test drive of the new Fortuner and was impressed. I tried negotiating for discounts but the Toyota salesman is refusing to budge. Have to say I am not surprised but wanted to confirm if this is really the case?

Last edited by Sheel : 4th January 2022 at 10:53. Reason: Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:15   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Hi Guys, I took a test drive of the new Fortuner and was impressed. I tried negotiating for discounts but the Toyota salesman is refusing to budge. Have to say I am not surprised but but wanted to confirm if this is the really the case?
Get an insurance from outside, that's the best discount you can get on Fortuner in Jan, provided there are no 2021 stocks. That said you will miss out benefits of insurance from dealer. Jan is also the time when Toyota doesnot offer corporate discount.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 00:48   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I took a test drive of the new Fortuner and was impressed. I tried negotiating for discounts but the Toyota salesman is refusing to budge. Have to say I am not surprised but but wanted to confirm if this is the really the case?
You can also transfer NCB on your old car (you do not need sell that) and save neat amounts on whichever insurer you opt for - Toyota or outside.

In my friend's case, he opted Toyota Protect by transferring NCB on his older car. Savings were ~36k/ year. So, he will save more than a lakh in 4 years vs. had he not opted to transfer NCB
channelv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 01:31   #473
One
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Get an insurance from outside, that's the best discount you can get on Fortuner in Jan, provided there are no 2021 stocks. That said you will miss out benefits of insurance from dealer. Jan is also the time when Toyota doesnot offer corporate discount.
Am not entirely sure if insurance quotes from outside will help discounts. Had done some comparison with Toyota Protect (TP) and have put my findings here (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me) - summary is that TP is not significantly different (if high at all) from other offline vendor quotations.

Last edited by One : 4th January 2022 at 01:33.
Old 4th January 2022, 08:19   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have NCB from your previous car, you can get some discount on the Toyota protect insurance. I got a 40k discount because of the NCB discount certificate from my Hexa insurance. In my case, the outside quote was still lower by 30k. I preferred Toyota Protect anticipating hassle free claim process.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 09:07   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Am not entirely sure if insurance quotes from outside will help discounts. Had done some comparison with Toyota Protect (TP) and have put my findings here (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me) - summary is that TP is not significantly different (if high at all) from other offline vendor quotations.
What you put through is right but there are various factors like dealership, car brand, model and time when you are purchasing. If you are getting a newly launched model, chances are very high the dealer won't offer discounts on insurance or will be asked to stick to most expensive insurance whether you need or not. My fortuner insurance was up for renewal, and I happily picked up from Nandi. I got quotations for same insurance of Iffco tokio from Nandi and United, latter being smaller dealer did not come below 38K where as Nandi came down to 30K. If I went to govt. company insurance outside, I could get for as low as 20K with higher IDV, but as you said few things were missing and I don't get cashless.

So thumb rule is always compare. Even at 10-15K premium you get policy from dealer. Go for outside if you get at significantly cheaper price and if you are ok with less.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 09:29   #476
BHPian

Quote:
What you put through is right but there are various factors like dealership, car brand, model and time when you are purchasing. If you are getting a newly launched model, chances are very high the dealer won't offer discounts on insurance or will be asked to stick to most expensive insurance whether you need or not. My fortuner insurance was up for renewal, and I happily picked up from Nandi. I got quotations for same insurance of Iffco tokio from Nandi and United, latter being smaller dealer did not come below 38K where as Nandi came down to 30K. If I went to govt. company insurance outside, I could get for as low as 20K with higher IDV, but as you said few things were missing and I don't get cashless.

So thumb rule is always compare. Even at 10-15K premium you get policy from dealer. Go for outside if you get at significantly cheaper price and if you are ok with less.
One should also ensure length of availability of major covers like RTI and Nil Depreciation
With Toyota Protect, RTI is available for 5 years and Nil Dep for 10 years.
A 5 Year RTI can make a huge difference in case of any major unfortunate incident.

Also, RTI (i believe) is like getting the same model at Current prices, so makes all the more sense for a product whose price keeps appreciating.
channelv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 08:01   #477
Senior - BHPian

DON went for a drive recently, some pictures for your viewing pleasure!! DON gave me a mileage of 11.5 kmpl over 200 kms trip. Car is pure bliss for the long drives, for sure!!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo_1639540787355.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo_1639540787100.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo_1639540867058.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20211215_084116.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:21   #478
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Thing is, if I were Toyota, I'd have been more skeptical to make too much change to the Innova and Fortuner pricing since these are my only two offerings and I might lose my loyal customers if I keep pushing the price to its boundaries but kudos to the Toyota management and marketing team that they can afford to take this much risk with price increase of more than 10% every year and still retain the sales numbers with minimal or no effort with regards to advertising etc etc. I think Toyota India is a good case study for any marketing B school student.

Yes we've seen other manufacturers doing it but only when they launch a new generation or atleast a facelift of their cars. Like for example a city which was 7 lakh a decade ago is now 15 but there has been two generation change in between. The way Toyota does that with the same variant and actually with lesser features overall compared to competition is really commendable. I think a Fortuner with 60-65lakh in December 2022 will sell just as much as it does today. That is mind boggling and sadly Toyota know this as well and probably this will happen.
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:27   #479
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I sat in a 2018 Fortuner in Oct 18 and was aghast seeing how a nearly 40 lakh car did not have auto IRVM. Even 8 lakh hatches had it in 2018. Shame on you Toyota!
Old 6th January 2022, 14:30   #480
BHPian

Year 2010 bought the Fortuner at 22L on road. Now its touching 50L in my city. Though my salary has also increased but thats 0.5Cr . No thanks Toyota. I have decided to drive my car till the government allows me to do so
Come to think of it, 22L now gets me a Seltos which is a full 2 segment lower car than what I bought in 2010.
columbus is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks