Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 12:54   #496
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a separate heater for rear. From manual- "Fan speed is automatically adjusted according to temperature setting of the front air conditioning system".
In the auto mode, the temperature was set to 28 and the vents in footwell were delivering hot air and the moment rear AC button is pushed in the auto mode, the rear kept blowing ice cold air. So, whatever the temperature at front in the auto-mode, the rear is just blowing cold air. Read on an automotive forum from a neighbouring country and the case is that you won't be able to do anything about rear as it is designed to cool only. What a bummer
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 13:01   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
In the auto mode, the temperature was set to 28 and the vents in footwell were delivering hot air and the moment rear AC button is pushed in the auto mode, the rear kept blowing ice cold air. So, whatever the temperature at front in the auto-mode, the rear is just blowing cold air. Read on an automotive forum from a neighbouring country and the case is that you won't be able to do anything about rear as it is designed to cool only. What a bummer
Probably that explains the reason why it called Air Cooler in manual instead of conditioner. The only solution I can think off, is switch of rear AC and switch on heater from front AC, it might take some time to increase temperature at rear.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 12:02   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
This is true, because the rear blowers do not receive hot air from the heater core, only the dashboard air vents do. The vehicle can be said to have 'Air Conditioner' in the front, and 'Air Cooler' at the rear!

Well Toyota offers what it offers, but what it offers, works.
sandeep.menon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 11:17   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed some changes in the MY 2022 Fortuner;

1. Regular Fortuner now gets black paddle shifters instead of the Silver ones which were present earlier.
2. Legender continues with silver paddle shifters.
3. Gear indicator in the automatic variants has been shifted to the right side from the left for both Legender and the Regular Fortuner.

MY2021 Fortuner with the gear indicator on the left in the MID and silver paddle shifters:
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-8d61f52a5aa14648a93d6353d545e289.png

MY2022 with the gear indicator on the right in the MID:
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-740c9b1180dd46eba46551581de2e3fe.png

MY2022 Black paddle shifters:
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-3af3de1b4b2a4d3e986172ae38ed0b46.png
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 19:52   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Noticed some changes in the MY 2022 Fortuner;

1. Regular Fortuner now gets black paddle shifters instead of the Silver ones which were present earlier.
2. Legender continues with silver paddle shifters.
3. Gear indicator in the automatic variants has been shifted to the right side from the left for both Legender and the Regular Fortuner.
All these changes are present in my 2021 Fortuner too. So they are not MY 2022 specific. May be these were added on the versions that came with dual zone climate control and spare steel wheel.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 20:30   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
All these changes are present in my 2021 Fortuner too. So they are not MY 2022 specific. May be these were added on the versions that came with dual zone climate control and spare steel wheel.
in MY2022 so there are no major changes despite price hike?
Was hoping to see blind spot monitoring and TPMS system integrated into the it and not as separate item to order. Also perhaps they should include that 360 camera

Any other changes CEF_Beasts you noticed ?

OT: how much is the waiting time now days for 4x4 AT. I have heard from close friends that its somewhere 90-120days + ?

Last edited by roadjourno : 29th January 2022 at 20:32.
Old 30th January 2022, 17:34   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
in MY2022 so there are no major changes despite price hike?
Was hoping to see blind spot monitoring and TPMS system integrated into the it and not as separate item to order. Also perhaps they should include that 360 camera

Any other changes CEF_Beasts you noticed ?

OT: how much is the waiting time now days for 4x4 AT. I have heard from close friends that its somewhere 90-120days + ?
There are no changes in 2022, only a price hike.

Dealers quote 3 months waiting period. But if you choose black or white, there is a chance of getting it earlier.
Old 30th January 2022, 18:46   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Also perhaps they should include that 360 camera
The current OE Toyota 360 camera is incompatible with 2021 onward Fortuners that received the Android Auto enabled head unit. Bummer
You may have to consider non OE options.
Old 30th January 2022, 20:51   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
The current OE Toyota 360 camera is incompatible with 2021 onward Fortuners that received the Android Auto enabled head unit. Bummer
Are you sure? Because the Innova gets the same head unit and it supports the OE 360 deg camera, the Limited Edition Innova was being sold with one as well!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 30th January 2022 at 20:53.
Old 30th January 2022, 21:50   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Are you sure? Because the Innova gets the same head unit and it supports the OE 360 deg camera, the Limited Edition Innova was being sold with one as well!
Yes, the NCR dealers said that the one on the Innova is factory fitted. Toyota has not yet released the part to be made available for fitment on the Fortuner at dealer level. I am not sure what to make up of this or whether there are other issues, but hopefully it will happen sometime in the future. Number of us are lined up for that.
Let me know if you hear any different.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 30th January 2022 at 22:18.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 06:59   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the NCR dealers said that the one on the Innova is factory fitted. Toyota has not yet released the part to be made available for fitment on the Fortuner at dealer level. I am not sure what to make up of this or whether there are other issues, but hopefully it will happen sometime in the future. Number of us are lined up for that.
Let me know if you hear any different.
The wiring and the electronics backbone for 2021 Fortuner is different from the earlier model, hence the old 360 degree camera kit wouldn't work on the new one. On the priority list of Toyota for India, this doesn't feature in the top quartile, hence the delay of the release in India.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 09:40   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
On the priority list of Toyota for India, this doesn't feature in the top quartile, hence the delay of the release in India.
Understand. All round visibility (of market conditions) is not really a Toyota India strength any ways
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 14:29   #508
BHPian

Quote:
You may have to consider non OE options.
Guys,

Came across a feed on Instagram. A custom shop in Calicut, Kerala is offering a plug & play 360 camera for the 2021 Innova & Fortuner. The USP of this setup is :-
- Plug n Play
- Incorporates a 4 channel dashcam - With recording!

I was enquiring for my cousin's Innova in Kerala & spoke with them.

The guy I spoke with seemed quite straightforward and helpful. He specifically told me no wires will be cut for this installation. Only small drilling will be required on the door mirrors. He said he can install in any major city across India.

P.S - I have absolutely no commercial interest with this guy. He has sent me some videos over WhatsApp. Will gladly share it with you guys. PM me if interested. I'll send the details across.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWX4vTt...um=share_sheet
Regards,
Powertrain

Last edited by powertrain : 31st January 2022 at 14:56.
powertrain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 14:34   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Guys,

Came across a feed on Instagram. A custom shop in Calicut, Kerala is offering a plug & play 360 camera for the 2021 Innova & Fortuner. The USP of this setup is :-
- Plug n Play
- Incorporates a 4 channel dashcam - With recording!

I was enquiring for my cousin's Innova in Kerala & spoke with them.

The guy I spoke with seemed quite straightforward and helpful. He specifically told me no wires will be cut for this installation. Only small drilling will be required on the door mirrors. He said he can install in any major city across India.
Is it from Perfamana? Had shared it earlier here (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review)

Along with the video of the same Link

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 31st January 2022 at 14:35.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 17:06   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Guys,
Came across a feed on Instagram. A custom shop in Calicut, Kerala is offering a plug & play 360 camera for the 2021 Innova & Fortuner.
This is the same guy CEF_Beast had shared. I had pinged him on Insta and he quoted 45k. The cost seemed on the higher side, no?

The Toyota OE camera is around 30k i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks