Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 02:17   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

An interesting off-road comparison between the pre-facelift Fortuner 4x4 AT and facelifted Fortuner 4x4 AT

- Auto LSD in 2WD mode itself makes the car really capable (available with the facelifted Fortuner)
- The rear diff lock multiplies the capability of the facelifted Fortuner, compared to the already capable pre-facelift Fortuner.

CEF_Beasts is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 13:17   #602
BHPian

Got the delivery of my Fortuner 4x4 AT Chamois interior yesterday. 10 Fortuners were delivered yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20220430_131346.jpg  

asm3899_CHD is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 06:45   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I did a quick PDI yesterday. I was satisfied with the car and gave a go ahead for the registration of the car. I'm taking delivery on the 3rd of next month. It's going to be a long week for me.
The car had 9 kms on the odo and the surprising thing was that it was having a full tank of diesel

Attaching some photos from the pdi
Well arundeepbv, advance congratulations on your new Fortuner!! It is 3rd today and I'm sure you are lookining at your watch more than ever .

Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:38   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Got the delivery of my Fortuner 4x4 AT Chamois interior yesterday. 10 Fortuners were delivered yesterday.
Congratulations! Did you get it from Sangrur?
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:16   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Congratulations! Did you get it from Sangrur?
No it is sangrur registration. I got it from Ijm Toyota Ludhiana.
Old 3rd May 2022, 20:39   #606

I booked my Fortuner 4x2 Automatic Diesel from the Noida dealer in mid-Feb 2022 with an initial commitment of delivery by the financial year ending i.e 31 March 2022 but since then they are pushing the delivery forward every month citing production constraints from the Toyota India plant.
Today was informed that no dispatches will be done till 20 May 2022 from Toyota to any dealer.
Does anyone else who booked in the same month suggest, what is their delivery status as of today?
Now it is becoming much more difficult to wait without any concrete assurance from the dealer.
Do Toyota dealers follow FIFO for deliveries or it is at their discretion to allot vehicles?

Last edited by Kaydee55 : 3rd May 2022 at 20:57.
Old 3rd May 2022, 20:40   #607
BHPian

Folks, I own a XUV500 MT [2015] and now I am planning to buy a Fortuner 4x2 AT Diesel [Pearl White]. I test drove it today and feel in love with this beast. Before I book the vehicle, I would like to take fellow BHPians opinion on the same.

I usually drive on highways so I preferred the 4x2 variant. Also I personally like the looks of normal Fortuner than the Legender version. Could you please lemme know do I need to look into something during the booking process? I was informed the wait period is 60 days.
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:32   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee55 View Post
Does anyone else who booked in the same month suggest, what is their delivery status as of today?
Now it is becoming much more difficult to wait without any concrete assurance from the dealer.
Do Toyota dealers follow FIFO for deliveries or it is at their discretion to allot vehicles?
Dealers do mention FIFO but then just like any other dealer, influence/urge to make to quick bucks, your delivery may get delayed. Also since a lot from political circle prefer Fortuner, dealers/sales folks keep getting calls to prioritize their bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
I usually drive on highways so I preferred the 4x2 variant. Also I personally like the looks of normal Fortuner than the Legender version. Could you please lemme know do I need to look into something during the booking process? I was informed the wait period is 60 days.
Post booking, keep following up with dealer. Be flexible with color if you are looking for a quicker delivery. And lastly, be ready for a price hike! I am sure Toyota Management is closely monitoring Meridian pricing
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 23:40   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee55 View Post
I booked my Fortuner 4x2 Automatic Diesel from the Noida dealer in mid-Feb 2022 with an initial commitment of delivery by the financial year ending i.e 31 March 2022 but since then they are pushing the delivery forward every month citing production constraints from the Toyota India plant.
Today was informed that no dispatches will be done till 20 May 2022 from Toyota to any dealer.
Booked a Hilux in January, converted the booking to the Fortuner once the prices were announced in first week of April, no showroom in Delhi NCR has any vehicles neither any updates from Toyota on any timelines, new bookings have a time of 24-26 weeks being communicated to them in writing on booking, so for my delivery am mentally prepared for July, and Toyota is acting all pricey because they know there ain't any competition in this segment period!!!

MOD NOTE : You are requested to please go through Posting Etiquettes. Please capitalise, punctuate wherever required.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2022 at 08:28. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 4th May 2022, 06:33   #610
BHPian

Finally after a lot of deliberation, bookings and cancellations, I decided on the 4x4 AT in the guise of Super White. My XUV700 booking needs to be canceled and not surprisingly, the dealer wouldn’t even respond to my cancellation requests. I guess I’ll have to pay a personal visit to get this done.

I currently have a Polo TSi AT for city commutes and will retain this car for the foreseeable future. Although the new XUV700 seems like a very competent SUV, considering that I would have grown almost 2 years older by the time I get hands on one, I decided to pull the plug on this one.

Missus wanted to prioritize on the hassle free ownership experience over other aspects. I wanted a “proper” SUV and hence the decision to buy into the Fortuner bandwagon.

Considering that other colors command a higher waiting time and the need for higher booking amount, we decided on the Super White with Black interiors. Not surprising though is the fact that the car now costs a whopping 40L ex-showroom in Bangalore. To make things tough, Bangalore still does not offer BH registration for private company employees. It’s gonna cost us 50L OTR; Yes you read that right

It was not easy to go and stretch the budget from a compass to Fortuner, but Considering the residual value of brand Fortuner and the ease of service all across the country and with the improved engine (204 ps, 500 Nm) and finally the availability of CarPlay and cooled seats sealed the deal for us.

The quoted lead time is around 60 days which means I should have the vehicle by E’Jun, which is quite acceptable considering that I have to figure out on the financial bits.

I’d like to recall the countless number of hours that I browsed on this thread and several other ownership threads which helped me make this decision. Here’s thanking all the members for super useful contributions on the respective threads. Hoping to catch up with some of you in person in the coming days/months, possibly on a meet up or some off road adventures.

One small annoyance I may have to live with would be the unintended use of wiper and indicator stalks every time I switch between Polo and Fortuner
hellraizer is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 06:55   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Folks, I own a XUV500 MT [2015] and now I am planning to buy a Fortuner 4x2 AT Diesel [Pearl White]. I test drove it today and feel in love with this beast. Before I book the vehicle, I would like to take fellow BHPians opinion on the same.

So, even if you buy a 4x4, it is a select 4x4 which means you get to select when you want the 4x4 capability. Otherwise, for the regular drive it is a 4x2 only. Agree with you on Fortuner looks butch than the Legender!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 11:35   #612
BHPian

I took the delivery of my Fortuner yesterday. There was a mad rush at the dealership with many deliveries lined up. we were put in line for the delivery , in front of me two Urban Cruisers and one Crysta was delivered.
I still did not get a chance to drive around the car yet, hoping to take it out on the weekend.

For the accessories I went with the 360 degree camera and 3M noodle mats. The initial impression of the 360 camera is good. Yet to explore all the features of it.

Thanks to Team-BHP and all the members who helped me buying this car.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220503-12.02.00-pm.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220504-9.55.24-am.jpeg  

arundeepbv is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 21:42   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I took the delivery of my Fortuner yesterday.

For the accessories I went with the 360 degree camera and 3M noodle mats. The initial impression of the 360 camera is good. Yet to explore all the features of it.
@arundeepbv Congratulations on the fortuner. Eager to hear details on the 360 camera. What make is it ? Is it OEM one or the something else. ? We were looking out for OEM one but at the moment its not available.
roadjourno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:50   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
One small annoyance I may have to live with would be the unintended use of wiper and indicator stalks every time I switch between Polo and Fortuner
Trust me. You will get used to it in no time. Welcome to the club!
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 09:35   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
@arundeepbv Congratulations on the fortuner. Eager to hear details on the 360 camera. What make is it ? Is it OEM one or the something else. ? We were looking out for OEM one but at the moment its not available.
The camera is from a company called unpluged. As you mentioned there is nothing from Toyota yet and this one is dealer fitted. The initial experience is good and I'm happy with it. It does have a recording facility and can be used as a dash cam also. It does not however have the GPS facility so no speed information is available on the recordings.

You can see the details of the camera in one of my previous posts. I tried to put in the link here , but I'm not sure how.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks