- New GR embossed Front seats
- Black painted alloys
- Red painted brake callipers
- GR badge on the grill, fenders and boot lid
- New sport suspension tune
- GR logo on the push start-stop button

Launch date: 20th May 2022

Available colours: Pearl White and Attitude Black
Even if there is no real "GR-ness" mechanically, all these changes will straightaway entail +2 lac sticker price. Because, it's Toyota India.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 20:59   #632
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Fortuner GR arrived at showrooms
A close friend is taking delivery

Nice to see body coloured handles, finally

The new,flat logos too does it mean it has radar and we will be getting adaptive cruise control ?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220514wa0115.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220514wa0110.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220514wa0109.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220514wa0111.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220514wa0108.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img20220514wa0114.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th May 2022 at 21:03.
ecosport rules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 22:10   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Fortuner GR arrived at showrooms
A close friend is taking delivery

Nice to see body coloured handles, finally
Congratulations to your friend

The request sensors on the front door handles should’ve been matched with the body colour, just like how the regular variants and Legender’s chrome handles get chrome request sensors.

Quote:
The new,flat logos too does it mean it has radar and we will be getting adaptive cruise control ?
Had thought the same, because of the new holographic logos, unfortunately India isn’t getting TSS (Toyota Safety Sense) ie. the ADAS features.

And one more issue because of the suede seats is the absence of ventilated seats which all other variants get, but the GR-S doesn’t get even after a hefty premium!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th May 2022 at 22:11.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 10:23   #634
BHPian

I recently got the tyres of my Fortuner (2017 model) changed to Geolander AT before a trip to Leh/Ladakh and kept tyre pressure at 30psi.

The difference in ride quality has been massive. I will strongly recommend anyone not happy with their Fortuner's ride quality to give this a try.
eRajesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 18:52   #635

Hi, congratulations on your purchase, I wanted to enquire about your review of Fortuner till date (may), even I have booked the very same sparkling black colour in the 4X2 AT Diesel variant which would be delivering next month, I would like to know your ownership experience and as how do you find this colour and on-road presence of Fortuner as this is undoubtedly not the typical white colour which we see on road nowadays.
Old 15th May 2022, 19:20   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
I recently got the tyres of my Fortuner (2017 model) changed to Geolander AT before a trip to Leh/Ladakh and kept tyre pressure at 30psi.

The difference in ride quality has been massive. I will strongly recommend anyone not happy with their Fortuner's ride quality to give this a try.
Tip: Get those Geolandars and keep it at 29 psi and it will be even better. 29 is the recommended air pressure atleast in my 2021 model.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 00:20   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post

The company specifications is 29 psi only(sticker on the driver door inside)
Works best
Old 19th May 2022, 19:33   #638

I am expecting the vehicle delivery next month, dealer has quoted Toyota Protect insurance at roughly Rs.1,70,000/- including zero dept, consumables, EP, KP, Tyre and RTI.
Should I go with it or look for insurance from outside.
If any current owner can suggest which insurance company to opt for in the case of Toyota.
Old 19th May 2022, 21:47   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee55 View Post
I am expecting the vehicle delivery next month, dealer has quoted Toyota Protect insurance at roughly Rs.1,70,000/- including zero dept, consumables, EP, KP, Tyre and RTI.
Should I go with it or look for insurance from outside.
If any current owner can suggest which insurance company to opt for in the case of Toyota.
It depends on what is available at the dealer. My dealer had IFFCO tokio and SBI general for Toyota Protect. I generally prefer PSU companies so went with SBI general. BTW, you should be able to bring that premium down considerably with NCB from your previous car. Toyota protect is worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 19th May 2022 at 21:48.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 22:46   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Toyota protect is worth it in my opinion.
What does Toyota Protect offer additionally that is worth the 70% increase in insurance price? I would love to know as i have never taken these brand supported insurance plans. But would consider them if they offer substantial benefits?
Old 20th May 2022, 09:58   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
What does Toyota Protect offer additionally that is worth the 70% increase in insurance price? I would love to know as i have never taken these brand supported insurance plans. But would consider them if they offer substantial benefits?
Here is Toyota protect in detail. Regular insurance with just a fancy name. The 70% markup is only on paper and there is scope for negotiation. Major advantage is you get hassle free claim and guaranteed cashless across Toyota dealers. Also insurance has good coverage including one's caused due to rats. While buying new policy, it's s bit expensive but later on prices are competitive, especially if you are getting from bigger dealer.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-screenshot_20220520095512.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 20th May 2022 at 10:00.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:12   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Also insurance has good coverage including one's caused due to rats. While buying new policy, it's s bit expensive but later on prices are competitive, especially if you are getting from bigger dealer.
Thanks a ton, PrideRed
The rat coverage is more important that what people make it out to be.
I will consider Toyota protect next year!
Old 20th May 2022, 12:44   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
In my case, after the NCB discount, it came down to a 30k difference between what New India quoted and what Toyota protect was. I assume my New India quote was the lowest possible since it was from my sister, who is a branch manager with them. She recommended going for Toyota Protect because they get many complaints about their service being subpar from people who were earlier with Toyota Protect. The dealer has a lot of say in making the repair process smooth ( allocating the surveyor, approval process etc), and she fails to match the experience provided by Toyota Protect even after a lot of back and forth with the dealer. This is probably intentional by the dealer to sell their products.

Insurance is for a bad day. I decided to spend that 30 k extra, hoping that it will make that bad day a little bit easier for me. It will depend on how much you are willing to spend to get that little extra. For the first year, I generally recommend going for it, since any accident in the first year will be heartbreaking and you will need all the support during that time.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 20th May 2022 at 12:48.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 23:14   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Here is Toyota protect in detail. Regular insurance with just a fancy name. The 70% markup is only on paper and there is scope for negotiation. Major advantage is you get hassle free claim and guaranteed cashless across Toyota dealers. Also insurance has good coverage including one's caused due to rats. While buying new policy, it's s bit expensive but later on prices are competitive, especially if you are getting from bigger dealer.

Attachment 2310168
I believe (may be wrong) that RTI is offered for first 5 years and Nil Dep. for first 10 yrs with Toyota Protect.

In case of ever increasing prices of Fortuner, RTI also makes if there is an unfortunate total loss case. You are covered for the prevailing price than and not the price you bought the vehicle at.
Old 21st May 2022, 19:57   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Owner faces strange noises from his XUV700 AWD, at only 10,000 kms and right after the service, which he bought for touring the country.

Goes straight to a Toyota Showroom to check out the Fortuner and Hilux.

Once you experience a Toyota, you always remain a loyal customer. Other cars with lot more features, tech will continue to enter the market, but finding a mechanical package as tough as nails is rare to find, that’s where Toyota’s BoF vehicles shine.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks