Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 19:13   #676
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post

Today I spoke to a used car dealer, he told me about a 4x4 pearl white ready for delivery at some dealership in Punjab. I was sure he would charge something extra, So I didn't press him for further details. I can pass his details to you if want to have a discussion with him.
Thanks for the help sir, actually my colour choice is the attitude black, with chamois interiors. The issue is that the most sold colour by toyota is superior white and black takes some time, thats what the dealership tells me. Having waited this long i am going to stick to black, in my opinion a well maintained black suv looks absolutely dope. I just hope i get it in july it will be 3 months since the booking by then.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 17:46   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
As per your usage you wont need a 4x4 hence no point in shelling out an extra 4 lakhs for a better sound system, you can always get a good system installed within the 50k- 1 lakh range depending on your requirement and budget.

You should definitey go for the 4x2 A/T , makes absolute sense if you are getting a good price for your present 2020 fortuner. I am waiting for mine,booked in last week march hopefully should get it in july.

The way toyota increases prices,i am sure by the time i replace it in the 3rd year of ownership,i will get what i paid for it
You were suppose to get your car by mid-june right? As you have mentioned in the previous post of yours in this thread.
Old 10th June 2022, 17:57   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help sir, actually my colour choice is the attitude black, with chamois interiors. The issue is that the most sold colour by toyota is superior white and black takes some time, thats what the dealership tells me. Having waited this long i am going to stick to black, in my opinion a well maintained black suv looks absolutely dope. I just hope i get it in july it will be 3 months since the booking by then.
A youtuber whom I watch on regular basis got his fortuner in delhi from uttam toyota patpadganj in the matter of 4-5 days and the color he opted for was the same as yours and even the interiors which was chosen by him was chamois but he got his car with in a week but the dealer forced him to go in for accessories worth 1.25l only then he got a car with in a week.
Old 10th June 2022, 19:20   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaid qazi View Post
A Youtuber whom I watch on regular basis got his fortuner in delhi from uttam toyota patpadganj in the matter of 4-5 days and the color he opted for was the same as yours and even the interiors which was chosen by him was chamois but he got his car with in a week but the dealer forced him to go in for accessories worth 1.25l only then he got a car with in a week.
Yes sir i was supposed to get it in mid june but, toyota sends the inventory list to the dealer by the 6th of each month, as to what they will recieve that month. This month my dealer got just 1 car in my model/trim configuration. Also i am the 2nd inline for the car just one more gentleman ahead of me, all of this is as per my dealer hence i have no clue if its true or false.So now hopefully in july i might get the car.I would take anything a youtuber says with a pinch of salt

I am taking insurance also from my agent and saving around 70k over what toyota was charging. No accessories or anything else from the dealer.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 19:57   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes sir i was supposed to get it in mid june but, toyota sends the inventory list to the dealer by the 6th of each month, as to what they will recieve that month. This month my dealer got just 1 car in my model/trim configuration. Also i am the 2nd inline for the car just one more gentleman ahead of me, all of this is as per my dealer hence i have no clue if its true or false.So now hopefully in july i might get the car.I would take anything a Youtuber says with a pinch of salt

I am taking insurance also from my agent and saving around 70k over what toyota was charging. No accessories or anything else from the dealer.
I hope then that you get the car in July or even before that, Wish you all the very best and congratulations in advance for the beast and wish you minimum of 2 lakh kilometers with the fortuner. Would love to read your ownership review and the delivery experience.
Old 11th June 2022, 09:50   #681
Senior - BHPian

Got the AAWireless kit this week. Had some issues in the initial setup. But after that it works well. Detailed experience here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5334597 (AAWireless - Indiegogo project for wireless Android Auto dongle)

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th June 2022 at 09:52.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 21:17   #682

Quote:
A Youtuber whom I watch on regular basis got his fortuner in delhi from uttam toyota patpadganj in the matter of 4-5 days
Something is definitely fishy at Uttam Toyota, SA called me in last week of May saying I can get delivery by mid-June '22 for my mid-Feb '22 booking, if I deposit some 8-10 lakh Rupees within the next couple of days. I told him to give me in writing the tentative delivery date and he told me that he will get back shortly.
I called them after 2 days and he said the vehicle is now not available for the month of June'22 as they have allocated 5 vehicles, which were to come in the month of June'22 to who so ever deposited money first and I will be updated when next lot is intimated to them.
They are definitely allocating vehicles out of turn for monetary gain or otherwise.
Few posts earlier some fellow BHPian also confirmed that they got the vehicle from Uttam Toyota within 1 week of booking.
I was not expecting this type of opportunistic behaviour at least from a Toyota dealer.
Kaydee55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 00:40   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee55 View Post
Something is definitely fishy at Uttam Toyota, SA called me in last week of May saying I can get delivery by mid-June '22 for my mid-Feb '22 booking, if I deposit some 8-10 lakh Rupees within the next couple of days. I told him to give me in writing the tentative delivery date and he told me that he will get back shortly.
I called them after 2 days and he said the vehicle is now not available for the month of June'22 as they have allocated 5 vehicles, which were to come in the month of June'22 to who so ever deposited money first and I will be updated when next lot is intimated to them.
They are definitely allocating vehicles out of turn for monetary gain or otherwise.
Few posts earlier some fellow BHPian also confirmed that they got the vehicle from Uttam Toyota within 1 week of booking.
I was not expecting this type of opportunistic behaviour at least from a Toyota dealer.
Yes that's what I was trying to say,how can a person get fortuner with in a week's time when a lot of people who have booked their cars like 3-4 months back but still hasn't got their hands on it.
zaid qazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 07:21   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that's what I was trying to say,how can a person get fortuner with in a week's time when a lot of people who have booked their cars like 3-4 months back but still hasn't got their hands on it.
What's the big surprise here? If you know where to pull the strings and/or spend some extra money, you can always get your goods early. Car or anything else, as well

No dealer in the world will say no to extra money, that puts more capital in his/her hands right away than the wait period, right?
getsurya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 15:12   #685

Hey, fellow BHPians. Just to add that I have also booked my Toyota Fortuner 4*2 AT in black colour with crystal shine and chamois interior around mid of May 2022 at Galaxy Toyota Dwarka, Delhi. There is absolutely no update from the dealership at all and to add further, they have told me clearly that getting such a rare colour by June is impossible. So I have kept my fingers crossed and hoping for the delivery call by July at least.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 13th June 2022 at 16:26. Reason: Poorly typed post
RISHABH130702 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th June 2022, 23:35   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
What's the big surprise here? If you know where to pull the strings and/or spend some extra money, you can always get your goods early. Car or anything else, as well

No dealer in the world will say no to extra money, that puts more capital in his/her hands right away than the wait period, right?
If you know when and where to pull strings then I guess you don't even need to pay the extra money 😜
Old 14th June 2022, 14:12   #687
BHPian

Sold our 2020 Fortuner today. Now the waiting game starts.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:24   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sold our 2020 Fortuner today. Now the waiting game starts.
Did you manage to get more than the on-road price you paid for it? Also, which variant and color did you book, if I may ask?
Old 14th June 2022, 17:40   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Did you manage to get more than the on-road price you paid for it? Also, which variant and color did you book, if I may ask?
Yup, I got more than what I paid for it. I have booked 4x4 AT Pearl White with understanding if 4x2 AT or Legender 4x2 is available early, they'll deliver that.

I am still confused with variant. I drove my Fortuner yesterday, I was satisfied with music system but not wowed. Haven't been able to listen to JBL system in-person. If I do, it'll make this decision very easy but the dealership I booked with, only had Legender 4x2 test drive vehicle. Plus officially they have quoted delivery month as November.

Exciting and confusing times
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 19:30   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I got more than what I paid for it
That is amazing, to say the least

Quote:
I am still confused with variant. I drove my Fortuner yesterday, I was satisfied with music system but not wowed. Haven't been able to listen to JBL system in-person.
My sincere suggestion will be to base your decision on usage rather than performance of music system. The 11-speaker system in the 4x4 variants is better than the 6-speaker one in the 4x2 variants but only by a small margin. By no means is it an audiophile's delight. If your use case does not warrant 4x4 usage, makes absolutely no sense to go for the 4x4 version. The 2wd variant is very capable in itself - you can save yourself a good 3-4 lac, a fraction of which can be used to upgrade the sound setup, if you feel the need to do so down the line.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks