Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 19:01   #736
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Fortuner (D) OTR prices in Bangalore after the July 22' price hike! Prices have gone by 1.5L to 2L.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner.png

Last edited by SR-71 : 4th July 2022 at 19:07.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 23:10   #737
BHPian

Black looks absolutely dope on a large suv, if its kept well, by well i mean given a wax treatment every week , this is after a second coat of wax since 28/06 and this colour is a dust magnet. Will ceramic coat it after the monsoons for best results. Absolutely in love with the driving expereince have clocked 900kms till now.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-1c55fcca41ae49ad8f6499e98cb6c485.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:22   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Even I am appalled by the uncontrolled price increase every quarter by Toyota for the Fortuner. Its spiraling out of control.

Here are the rates I have kept track of for the 4x2 AT Diesel version:

Mar 2021 - 34.84 L
Apr 2021 - 35.20 L
Oct 2021 - 35.51 L
Jan 2022 - 36.17 L
Apr 2022 - 36.57 L
Jul 2022 - 37.18 L
Oct 2022 - ??
Jan 2023 - ??

So from March 2021 to Jul 2022, the price increase is 2.34L!!! That's about 15K increase every month!
  1. How many of you are contemplating cancelling your Fortuner booking due to the ever increasing cost?
  2. Is it possible that the dealers buy the units earlier and keep it with them till the prices increase? This would amount to fraud, but wondering if dealers are doing this?
I have booked and going ahead - Do I have any other option ? No.

Cannot answer your other question as dealers are subject to city and your relationship with them.

Quote:
When did the price for Fortuner 4x2 AT increase by 61K? In July 2022?

Which city sir? Its hard to find 4-6 week delivery anywhere
I have a few contacts in Western UP and also I own an Innova so there is a history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
This is the best vehicle to get off you want to keep the depreciation hit to a minimum, resale is high and easy. The competition is non existent and Toyota hasn't compromised on quality, I can't think of a single brand that can take on Toyota in this segment in India.

If I had the money, this is the only vehicle I'll consider, go anywhere capability, powerful and reliable power train with amazing resale, nothing comes close. Pricing power is a sign of desirability, can you think of any other vehicle with similar mind share?
Spot on and rightfully said - I'd like to also add it is not only Toyota or Fortuner upping regularly.

I brought the Thar for 16.5 OTR - It has crossed 20 in less than 2 years.

I brought an Innova in 2016 for 24 Top End AT and now it is nearly 30. Thats roughly 80k every year for the last 6 years.

Look at the new Brezza - the top end is 14.99 EX Showroom.

Lets talk about the German big boys and they all have upped manifold. I mean an A4 used to be 30 or so and an A6 less than 45 a few years back. Its like almost doubled over the last 5-6 years.
vkochar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 10:06   #739
BANNED

What are the chances of Fortuner Facelift or Upgrades in second half of 2022 or 2023? Any inside scoop on this?

Some articles are saying a Hybrid version may come in early 2023. Would the hybrid version of the Fortuner be placed like they have placed the GRS model (as an add on to the staple list of petrol and diesel models)?
Old 7th July 2022, 10:52   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are the chances of Fortuner Facelift or Upgrades in second half of 2022 or 2023? Any inside scoop on this?

Some articles are saying a Hybrid version may come in early 2023. Would the hybrid version of the Fortuner be placed like they have placed the GRS model (as an add on to the staple list of petrol and diesel models)?
There won't be any more facelifts/major changes for the current generation of Fortuner. Next big release would be the next-generation Fortuner with a mild-hybrid diesel engine and a host of other changes - see this (Rumour: Next-gen Toyota Fortuner coming in 2022) post for details. It is expected to be launched in Thailand in second half of 2023, which implies that it may come to our shores by early 2024. Knowing Toyota, the next generation Fortuner will command a 10-15% premium over the current generation, if not more.

Last edited by cool_dube : 7th July 2022 at 10:54.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:00   #741
BHPian

Tried off-roading with few others during my trip to Kerala last week. Belive me Fortuner wont disappoint you. It could go to all the places where Jeeps and Thars could go. Posting the vloggers video about our trip. Sorry the vlog is in Malayalam.
ViMo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:13   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
Tried off-roading with few others during my trip to Kerala last week. Belive me Fortuner wont disappoint you. It could go to all the places where Jeeps and Thars could go. Posting the vloggers video about our trip. Sorry the vlog is in Malayalam.
https://Youtu.be/Vc9LgkyW7-o
This is amazing stuff, Fortuner doing what its good at. Trail looks really nice and monsoon seem to have made it even better. Seeing Fortuner do such trails without worrying about battle scars is always a joy!
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 13:41   #743

Hello,

I am facing an issue with the operation of headlight control in my Fortuner.
I cannot find a way to keep 'all exterior lights off with the vehicle engine running at night time, like while parked in parking/roadside with persons inside, so need AC and engine running'

There are 3 options for the headlight control lever -

Auto - With the engine running at night, it keeps the headlight ON.
Parking mode - Front and rear parking lights are ON.
ON mode - Headlights are ON.

Am I missing something very fundamental?

Please help.
Old 11th July 2022, 14:57   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee55 View Post
Hello,

I am facing an issue with the operation of headlight control in my Fortuner.
I cannot find a way to keep 'all exterior lights off with the vehicle engine running at night time, like while parked in parking/roadside with persons inside, so need AC and engine running'
Am I missing something very fundamental?

Please help.
This is how the lights are designed to function. You cannot power off all the lights. Once the car is started there will be atleast one pair On. Neither you can force lights to be On as per your taste, for example headlights and DRL cannot be on at same time.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 16:16   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
Tried off-roading with few others during my trip to Kerala last week
This is awesome stuff - thanks for sharing And I believe all this was on stock Bridgestone H/T tires, right?

I can vouch for Fortuner's off-road abilities, as I did a similar trail (not as intense, of course) couple weeks back - the Fortuner did it as if it was a walk in the park! Good to see that it has not lost its go-anywhere DNA!

Last edited by cool_dube : 11th July 2022 at 16:23. Reason: Typo
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 17:22   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is awesome stuff - thanks for sharing And I believe all this was on stock Bridgestone H/T tires, right?

I can vouch for Fortuner's off-road abilities, as I did a similar trail (not as intense, of course) couple weeks back - the Fortuner did it as if it was a walk in the park! Good to see that it has not lost its go-anywhere DNA!
The car is in full stock condition. When they said off-roading i too didn't expect terrain to be this difficult, but the car handled it well. With MT or AT tyres it can do wonders.
ViMo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 09:13   #747
Senior - BHPian

With DPF issues galore in Mahindra Thars, especially in high altitude terrain like Ladakh, are there any similar issues reported in BS6 Fortuners of late?
Old 16th July 2022, 09:52   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
With DPF issues galore in Mahindra Thars, especially in high altitude terrain like Ladakh, are there any similar issues reported in BS6 Fortuners of late?
I have found my Fortuners DPF stable even though I rarely cross 2000 rpm in my daily drives because of heavy traffic. But my cousin in Bangalore with the same 2021 Fortuner has faced them twice and had to depend on the service centre to clear it. The difference between him and me is that his office is just 4 kms from his residence and mine is 26 kms away. We both go through similar kind of stop-and-go traffic. My opinion is that if your drives are of enough time duration, it is okay even if you don't have high RPM drives. The auto regen will take care of it. But If your drives are all 10-15 minute short distance ones, you will issues. Because the auto regen does not kick in till the engine has warmed up. If you have high RPM drives, obviously the auto regen doesn't need to kick in that often.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 10:08   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I have found my Fortuners DPF stable even though I rarely cross 2000 rpm in my daily drives because of heavy traffic. But my cousin in Bangalore with the same 2021 Fortuner has faced them twice and had to depend on the service centre to clear it..
Thanks! I guess it goes without saying that short city drives are bound to result in DPF clogging sooner or later, for any BS6 diesel with DPF setup. My question was more around high-altitude driving since Fortuner's owners'manual specifically talks about possible DPF regeneration issues above 4,000 m, both for auto regeneration as well as manual regeneration. So, wanted to check if anyone here has taken his/her BS6 Fortuner to such terrain, and if so, were any DPF related issues encountered.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 12:14   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
But my cousin in Bangalore with the same 2021 Fortuner has faced them twice and had to depend on the service centre to clear it.
Ask him to change the fuel station from where he gets his diesel regularly filled. I know many people don't agree with fuel being the culprit but one of friend's Harrier had frequent issues with DPF. He switched to Shell and now he doesn't get the problem anymore. So try either COCO petrol pumps or Shell to see if problem persists. Fuel adulteration "might" be one of the reasons. According to Nandi Toyota CRM, they are changing injectors and few components for cars which are having frequent DPF cloggings.

The problem is ECU should trigger manual regeneration request but it seems it is not doing that in Toyota cars, that would save trip to the service station since owner can trigger regeneration using the given switch. Either the software needs update or the DPF is clogging so fast that even manual regeneration can not be triggered on time.

I drive mostly in Bangalore traffic but it is too early to say why I haven't faced this problem yet in both my cars. I use Innova a lot for short trips. I know few people who have driven on high altitudes but haven't faced any issues yet. A YouTuber did mention that he got the warning but it was cleared when Regen kicked in while going downhills so there was no limp mode as such.

Last edited by Technic90 : 16th July 2022 at 12:16.
Technic90 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed