Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:12   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The total tank capacity is about 10L.
It’s quite interesting to note that the Innova gets a 12.5L DPF tank capacity vs Fortuner’s 10L. I would’ve expected the vice-versa.

Both cars are highway tourers and the bigger capacity in the Fortuner would’ve surely helped.
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:31   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It’s quite interesting to note that the Innova gets a 12.5L DPF tank capacity vs Fortuner’s 10L. I would’ve expected the vice-versa
Not sure about the Innova but once you top the DEF tank up in the Fortuner, you are good for at least 7,500 km. I say this because I topped it up prior to my RJ trip and did not get the "2500 km remaining" warning even after the ~5,000 km drive.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:53   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
[h3]
- a boot-organiser box. This is a great way to put all the odds-and-ends in a single good-looking bag
Hi, Thanks for the updates. Can you please share the picture of boot organizer and the source. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:56   #889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi, so after almost 4700 km on the odo the adblue low level warning came up on the instrument cluster, does anyone know whats the capacity of the ad blue tank in the fortuner?
I think we got our vehicles delivered within 3-4 days apart.
I have clocked 6400kms till now and no warning for ad blue till now.
Must be coming soon, I guess.
Mine is 4x2 AT and yours?
Curious to know the cause of such a difference in AdBlue consumption.
Old 2nd September 2022, 18:24   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Many congratulations. Wishing you hundreds of thousands of happy and safe km on the beast

DRLs will only work in "Auto" mode during daylight. These will not work with headlamps, which will come on automatically in low ambient light conditions, if the light switch is in "Auto" mode.

From owner's manual:
Understood - so in full sunlight it worked - I was scratching my head to see how it works and even the slightest lighting conditions ( low ) triggers the Long DRL's to be switched off. It would have looked so good at night but then from the lighting perspective I guess the other smaller ones have better throw - I tested it on a non lit back road and the lights were superb to say the least.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220902-8.37.08-am.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220902-6.21.46-pm.jpeg  

Old 2nd September 2022, 18:39   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Understood - so in full sunlight it worked - I was scratching my head to see how it works and even the slightest lighting conditions ( low ) triggers the Long DRL's to be switched off. It would have looked so good at night
You mean like this
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-videocapture_20220831060306.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:07   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
You mean like this

Let me just break the important discussions and say- What a Stance! WOW!
With the what fortuner and blacked out portions and the BFG etc. the stance is just absolutely mouthwatering!
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:16   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
You mean like this
Yes and what a fine looking car you have sir. The tyres are looking good. I am going to to stay stock unfortunately and ride it the way it is.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 21:17   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee55 View Post
I think we got our vehicles delivered within 3-4 days apart.
Mine is 4x2 AT and yours?
Mine is also 4x2 AT, could be different levels of ad blue in vehicle at time of delivery, just a guess.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:20   #895

Was expecting low ad-blu warning but instead got 'DPF Full - Visit Dealer' and 'Check Engine - Reduced Engine Power - Visit your Dealer' flashing on the information display.

So far running has been a little over 100 kms per day.
Vehicle is 65 days old with 6700+kms on ODO.
Before today, automatic regeneration used to happen at least once daily and sometimes twice. Absolutely no issues before today.
Typical daily run is 40-50kms at a stretch one side to office and return, all on expressways and highways.
Only 20-25% would be in stop-and-go city traffic.
I was considering this to be the best case for BSVI DPF-equipped vehicle usage!!
Visiting dealer in Noida tomorrow morning, let's see what is in store.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner_2.jpeg
Kaydee55 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:37   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is 4x2 AT
Quote:
Was expecting low ad-blu warning but instead got 'DPF Full - Visit Dealer' and 'Check Engine - Reduced Engine Power - Visit your Dealer' flashing on the information display.
Definitely something was not right when you didn’t get a re-fill Ad Blue message in 6400kms.

Please post an update here when you get it checked at the dealership.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 22:51   #897

I have currently booked an XUV 700 Diesel MT Luxury and am still waiting for the delivery (expected in Jan-Feb 2023). From an ownership POV, this would be the primary car while the current one (S Cross will be utilized by my wife.

With the wait period being a never ending saga, I may switch to another car where I can get a faster delivery. Have been fascinated with Fortuner for a long time but didn't dare to pursue the dream due to high price.

I guess now, that doesn't seem to be so much of a hinderance, so...

However, from whatever I have read online about the Fortuner, it seems that the ride quality for the passenger in the second row is sub-optimal - bumps and roll making it not smooth. This could be a deal breaker for me since I intend to use this for not only office commute but also weekend getaways with the family. I wanted to get insights from current owners whether there is merit to this criticism?

I am planning test drive soon but would appreciate if I could get inputs from people that have used it for some time
Old 7th September 2022, 00:03   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_BLR View Post
However, from whatever I have read online about the Fortuner, it seems that the ride quality for the passenger in the second row is sub-optimal - bumps and roll making it not smooth. This could be a deal breaker for me since I intend to use this for not only office commute but also weekend getaways with the family. I wanted to get insights from current owners whether there is merit to this criticism?
Ajay, the Fortuner is a BOF- so it will never be able to hold a candle to most monocoque SUVs from a ride perspective. Having said that, i believe, in its current generation, the ride quality in the 4X2 with 17 inchers running company recommended air pressure (29 PSI)- is definitely the best that a Fortuner has ever offered. I came in from a Compass- which has perhaps the best ride and handling package in its segment and took a while to adjust to find the right combination on the Fortuner for relative comfort, which essentially is- nitrogen @29 PSI + Yokohama Geolandar tires.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 01:34   #899
BHPian

I had called up MGF Toyota in Gurgaon over the weekend to check on the current price for 4x4 Diesel Manual Fortuner, which I have been considering as a replacement for my Brezza ZDi+ MT, but was given to understand that the 4x4 variant bookings are not being accepted for now and that only 4x2 variant is available.

This was a follow up call to check on pricing since my test driving the vehicle in May 2022 and again in early August 2022 arranged by Galaxy Toyota, Delhi in the AT variant (as MT is not available on test drive vehicles). Between my two test drives the prices of the MT 4x4 variant had increased by about INR 1.5 Lakhs!

This news about the dealers not taking bookings of 4x4 variants has been confirmed by Espirit Toyota in Bhubaneswar as well. Tried checking with Galaxy Toyota in Delhi but did not get any response.

On further enquiries over call it transpired that the same is a temporary stoppage of bookings for this year due to shortage of import in respect of the 4x4 variant and it is likely to be resumed next year. It was also indicated that the decision may have something to do with launch of hybrid engine or clearance of stock in petrol variants or some other reason.

Do we have any such information from fellow Bhpians from other cities?
Old 7th September 2022, 10:04   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
I had called up MGF Toyota in Gurgaon over the weekend to check on the current price for 4x4 Diesel Manual Fortuner, which I have been considering as a replacement for my Brezza ZDi+ MT, but was given to understand that the 4x4 variant bookings are not being accepted for now and that only 4x2 variant is available.
You may have better luck with the 4x4 AT or 4x2 AT variants. Everyone whom I know who placed a 4x4 MT had a delayed delivery and it took ages to confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks