Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 16:09   #946
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-14 View Post
Hello All,

I wanted to share the good news with everyone that I have finally taken the leap and booked myself my dream car. I have booked the Petrol Fortuner 2WD AT in Silver Metallic color. Now only hoping my vehicle will be delivered soon.
Congratulations C-14! It has been my experience that Toyota underpromises and overdelivers. Many in my circle who have got the petrol Fortuner, were initially promised delivery in 3 months, but they got within 2 months
I got it in a day but that was pure luck- got it against a cancellation, and because i was flexible with color (was OK with any color other than the usual white and black).
Old 14th September 2022, 17:22   #947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
Though i was certain about buying a Fortuner i was reluctant to go for the Legender 4*4 which didn't make sense to shell out extra money for the Bumper & dual tone colour. The head light of the legender seems to be better and Fortuner LED headlamps are the worst nightmare to drive in rains and opposite traffic. I decided to change the fog lamps with bi xenon projector fog lamps for a cost of Rs. 20,000 which i did for my old fortuner to solve this issue.

I booked Pearl white Fortuner 4*4 AT same colour as my previous one, the vehicle will be delivered on 15th of this month with usual accessaries and 360 degree camera. i am excited to experience increased power with refined engine and additional feature of differential lock for my offroading trips.
Congratulations on your new Fortuner in advance.

But would like to bring to your notice that the fog lamps of current crop of Toyota cars cannot be changed in the aftermarket due to Toyota shifting to a smaller size of foglamps.

So where the older Fortuner (2009-2020) had fog lamp housings that could fit projectors and fog lamps that could be altered, for the 2021 onwards models the same cannot be done.
Old 15th September 2022, 11:52   #948
BHPian

The best option is to go for a LED light bar. I opted for Hella 470 Highway beam and costed me 23K. The throw is good for highways. It was a great help in last month's rains on highways.

Last edited by channelv : 15th September 2022 at 12:17.
Old 17th September 2022, 14:40   #949

Today is the ninth day and Fortuner is still with the dealer in Noida for want of parts.
They are still not able to give the exact date when parts are expected, initially, they asked for 2-3 days and now saying can take another 5-6 days.

It's surprising to know that even after being aware of the issue Toyota has not bothered to keep the required parts in stock so that if any affected vehicle comes, they can be changed in a couple of days.

Is Toyota's reliability and hassle-free ownership a thing of the past now?

Anyone giving weightage to Toyota's reliability / trouble-free ownership should recheck the current scenario before making a decision.
Old 17th September 2022, 16:15   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
The best option is to go for a LED light bar.
Are these light bars street legal?
Old 17th September 2022, 18:18   #951
BANNED

The Fortuner is a class apart and has no competition in many aspects. It also demands a very high price.

One of the arguments with its price is that the Fortuner will make up for its price through its almost non-existent servicing and running costs throughout its lifetime. This is the part which throws me off sometimes. I have rarely come across any regularly maintained vehicle that has incurred servicing costs of > 15 lakhs even if it is driven for say > 1 lakh Kms or kept for 10-15 years. Maybe the Mercs, BMWs cross these servicing costs easily in their lifetimes?

How does one convince the mind to park almost double the money into Toyota's pockets upfront and also convince to pay higher insurance every year in anticipation of savings from servicing costs...

If the purchase is purely driven by the "Tashan" that the Fortuner gives plus the time saved from taking the vehicle to the service center for replacing worn out parts during its life span, then no questions, the Fortuner wins this argument hands down! It is a keeper.
LearnerForLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 18:31   #952
BHPian

My first drive with my new Fortuner through heavy rains . The ceramic coating really does help a great deal keeping dirt off and great water beading properties.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-cbcd840c543f480b921977c87d9638cd.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-aa4baa3323b149cc81298fa93225dcbf.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-ee6796d745d04a58b44304cc3428376b.jpeg  

Deepu Sharma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 19:39   #953
BHPian

Finally got the car ceramic coated and black looks dope after a coat let it sit for 14 days, started driving it now as the rains have also subsided 👍🏼
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-1cccb6e1232b4b37ba3dfdf18092cfc2.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-4c948b3e1dd64cbe9bb1a784330a3ea9.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 23:07   #954
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnerForLife View Post

One of the arguments with its price is that the Fortuner will make up for its price through its almost non-existent servicing and running costs throughout its lifetime.
If folks say the price will get completely compensated through low running costs then it is incorrect. But I don't think most people think that - they think that the price gets compensated by the high resale costs.

Remove the running costs and insurance; crudely put, with the current resale costs the Fortuner is roughly around 1 lakh per annum car when you get down to reselling it. This will put a lot of 20 lakh cars to shame. That is where the true value is, if it had been a depreciation wreck then it would have been an expensive car doing arguably lesser sales (Endeavour being a supporting example of "Tashan" look you mentioned, relatively low spare prices but much lesser sales since being introduced in India).

Fortuner is not a 50 lakh priced car, it is a currently around a lakh per year priced car and whether that is value for money or not is a personal consideration. I do wish it were a better car though.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 23:41   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
My first drive with my new Fortuner through heavy rains . The ceramic coating really does help a great deal keeping dirt off and great water beading properties.
Congratulations! The Fortuner looks dashing. The colour appears to be Attitude Black. Any specific reason for going with ceramic coating as against PPF, considering the recommendations in favour of PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Finally got the car ceramic coated and black looks dope after a coat let it sit for 14 days, started driving it now as the rains have also subsided ����
Congratulations to you too! Yes, it absolutely looks dope. No doubt the dark colours and particularly black is very high on maintenance, but has no comparison in terms of looks. I have the same question for you as to the reason for going with ceramic coating as against PPF.
Old 18th September 2022, 20:02   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post

Congratulations to you too! Yes, it absolutely looks dope. No doubt the dark colours and particularly black is very high on maintenance, but has no comparison in terms of looks. I have the same question for you as to the reason for going with ceramic coating as against PPF.
Apart from the exorbitant cost of the ppf, it doesnt offer that much more value for
Money. Yes it saves the paint from minor stone chips and small debris on the roads, however most ppf cars i have seen get a dull appearance over 3-4 years. Where as in a ceramic coat you can always get it touched up at the 3-4 year mark.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 22:01   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Finally got the car ceramic coated and black looks dope after a coat let it sit for 14 days, started driving it now as the rains have also subsided 👍🏼

Congratulations to both of you! Your steeds look super awesome in black. Are both of these Attitude Black?

I am a little confused about going with Sparkling Black vs Attitude Black. I haven't seen the sparkling in person but did see the attitude up close. The sparkling has a hint of blue I suppose in certain lighting conditions, which appeals to me a lot! Which one could be prone to more maintenance amongst the choice of these blackies? I am planning for a ceramic coating and not PPF, as I will be soon broke after bringing the beast home.
mikepapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:09   #958
R_R
BHPian

How much does ceramic coating a Fortuner cost, rough estimate? I am assuming ceramic coating is an exterior process and nothing is done to the interiors? Would be happy to hear from those who have some recent experience.
Old 19th September 2022, 08:20   #959
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
But I don't think most people think that - they think that the price gets compensated by the high resale costs..
Nicely put, the resale price is also very appealing. Is there any chart which shows how the resale value of the Fortuner drops with age? What I have heard is it retains 85% of its value till 5 years. How much value does a Fortuner demand at its 10th anniversary and on its 15th anniversary? I am sure many owners are enthusiasts and would want to keep the Fortuner for a long time.

Today, a 2012 (say 4x2) Fortuner demands about 10-12 lakhs in resale market. I believe these are On Road prices. What was the Fortuner priced at in 2012?
Old 19th September 2022, 08:53   #960
R_R
BHPian

Resale price is definitely one advantage of the Fortuner, though I don't if it depends on specific versions. I am not sure a petrol 4x2 as I have chosen will command the same resale value, though that might change in the future as govt rules make petrol versions more sought-after.

Equally, at least for me, the reputation for reliability and knowing it is unlikely to break down in some remote area, the availability of ASS all over the country if it did break down, are all also factors that makes me overlook the dinky interiors and such. Of course, this should not matter if your driving is primarily in urban areas, in which case I would choose something else more luxurious even if it was less reliable.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks