Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 21:49   #1081

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze!
Congratulations R_R on getting the vehicle and colour of your choice. Agree with the flimsy sunglass holder which was way better and sturdy in my 2010 model fortuner. Nevertheless, we will start looking past these manufacturing idiosyncrasies of Toyota once we hit the highways. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-14 View Post
I too am eagerly awaiting my beast. It's in the same configuration as yours, but a different color(Metallic Silver). It's been a month since I made my booking but still, there is no update on the same. How long did you have to wait for your car?
Advance best wishes and hope you get the delivery soon. The name of the game is - followup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Congratulations !
Got mine (diesel) in same exterior colour and chamois interiors on October 4th.

My car has clocked 1200 kilometers as of now and the first service is completed.
Congratulations Prasanna for the vehicle and also for having clocked the first 1K run within 14 days. I haven't been so lucky. I'm still on eco mode since I took delivery of the vehicle on Sept 29th with occasional sport mode upto 100 kmph. Clocked 800 odd kms till now doing mundane city trips. So far recorded 8.5 kmpl (tankfull to tankfull) for the first refill (Diesel AT 4X4). How much did you record?
mikepapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 22:33   #1082
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I would suggest, don’t baby the beast to the extent you are doing, it doesn’t do it any good. Drive it in all modes with varying speeds. Just don’t floor it for now

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
I suggest you try chucking eco mode, and use it only in some bumper to bumper trafic scenarios. I use D mode for 99% of the time. Never had to use Power mode.
Thanks, Cyborg, Achyutaghosh! Registration should be done in a day or two, and then I'll start driving the Fortuner more regularly. Also, been extremely busy, so really haven't had the chance to spend time with the car. Definitely don't plan on babying it, just waiting to break it in first.

Also, didn't realize the D mode is in-between 'ECO' and 'PWR'! I assumed it was always either in 'ECO' or 'PWR'. Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Congratulations R_R ! Looks stupendous i say. And easy to maintain color too i believe. I agree with your assessment of the interiors- other than the sunglass holder, everything looks good enough to last a lifetime. The heavy steering takes some time to get used to.
Are you changing the stock Bridgestone to Geolandars? Keep air pressure at 29 and see how the ride becomes smooth.
Thanks, Achyutaghosh! Yes, it should definitely be easier to maintain than the black! I was worried about maintenance on the black too. And no, as of now, don't plan to change the tyres. I am on Geolanders in my GV, and I like it fine, but I think the Bridgestone's should be OK too. If I don't like them, I'll change them, but later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-14 View Post
Congratulations R_R on your beast. Looks sexy! Please do keep us posted on how she behaves and performs.

I too am eagerly awaiting my beast. It's in the same configuration as yours, but a different color(Metallic Silver). It's been a month since I made my booking but still, there is no update on the same. How long did you have to wait for your car?
Thanks, C-14, will do! I ordered on September 8, paid advance; I was told on October 11 that car was coming. It got delivered on October 15, though car was ready by October 14.

Quote:
Congratulations !

My car has clocked 1200 kilometers as of now and the first service is completed.
I like the chamois interior, but unfortunately not an option on the petrol Fortuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
She looks Gorgeous and Congrats on the procuring the "Rare" Species of the Fortuner. I've heard that the noise in the vehicle is almost negligible and the Petrol is fun to drive too. I maybe wrong, but are those the 17" alloys found on the Diesel 4x2? I really had wished that Toyota would have launched 4x4 petrol as well.
Yes, it is very quite. However, during test drives, I heard a bit of wind noise starting around 70 kms. I am not sure, I'll have to check. Yes, the alloys are the same (I think) on all 4x2s, diesel and petrol. And yes, I do wish Toyota had given customers a 4x4 petrol too, fully agree with you.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 22:34   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15. And I got it in Avant Garde Bronze!
Congratulations on a beautiful vehicle. Enjoy the many miles it will munch. What a unique color.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 09:51   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
Congratulations Prasanna for the vehicle and also for having clocked the first 1K run within 14 days. I haven't been so lucky. I'm still on eco mode since I took delivery of the vehicle on Sept 29th with occasional sport mode upto 100 kmph. Clocked 800 odd kms till now doing mundane city trips. So far recorded 8.5 kmpl (tankfull to tankfull) for the first refill (Diesel AT 4X4). How much did you record?
Thanks and congratulation mikepapa.
950 kilometers came from a trip to Goa . Drove mostly on normal mode and kept speeds below 90kmph. Highway mileage is around 10.7 by tankful method and I see MID indicating similar numbers.

Quote:
I like the chamois interior, but unfortunately not an option on the petrol Fortuners!
Never knew about this. They should have provided the option for all models of Fortuner on sale.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 19th October 2022 at 10:00.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 10:32   #1085

Anyone here observed a small increase/decrease in rpm's when the clutch or brake is pushed on their MT's? I have started noticing this on my vehicle. Never used to happen on my old Fortuner 4x4 MT. Wondering if this a normal behaviour? Will post the video later as well.
Old 19th October 2022, 11:10   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here observed a small increase/decrease in rpm's when the clutch or brake is pushed on their MT's? I have started noticing this on my vehicle. Never used to happen on my old Fortuner 4x4 MT. Wondering if this a normal behaviour? Will post the video later as well.
Check if same happens with iMT disabled.
Old 19th October 2022, 11:26   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Check if same happens with iMT disabled.
It does. With or without iMT. No idea why this happens. I'll highlight be same on my first service which is pending in next 10 days
Old 19th October 2022, 12:03   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my Fortuner petrol (automatic) delivered on Saturday, October 15
Quote:
Congratulations, guys - wishing you many happy, safe, and exciting km on your respective machines. Lovely color, that! Good to see non-conventional colors on the Fortuner gaining popularity. On the bizarre distribution of features/interiors/trims across petrol/diesel/4x4/4x2 - I simply cannot fathom the rationale behind the same.

Quote:
Anyone here observed a small increase/decrease in rpm's when the clutch or brake is pushed on their MT's?
Not sure about application of brakes (will check and revert) but depressing/releasing the clutch results in RPM variations for sure. I was a little intrigued initially but have come to accept it as normal behavior. Do keep us posted on what you hear from the SA during first service.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:15   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need more details here..
Is the RPM increase noticed when stand still or when on the move?
Is your iMT switched on or off when you notice this..
Old 19th October 2022, 16:57   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Congratulations, guys

On the bizarre distribution of features/interiors/trims across petrol/diesel/4x4/4x2 - I simply cannot fathom the rationale behind the same.
Thanks cool_dube.

I find the feature distribution (off whatever is available ) is decent. Basic features are almost same across all variants (ATRAC, 7 airbags, cooled seats, powered tailgate, LED lighting, upholstery) and there are some changes between 2WD and 4WD (hardware, 11 speaker stereo, wheels etc.)

Surprisingly, Petrol variants get only one interior colour.
Old 19th October 2022, 19:27   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
It does. With or without iMT. No idea why this happens. I'll highlight be same on my first service which is pending in next 10 days
Does that happen everytime? On my manual Crysta, RPM only fluctuate when AC is cutting on/off, DPF regen is happening otherwise no fluctuation in only relation with clutch or brake depression.

Service technician should be able to clear your doubts regarding this.
Old 19th October 2022, 22:22   #1092
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks cool_dube.

I find the feature distribution (off whatever is available ) is decent. Basic features are almost same across all variants (ATRAC, 7 airbags, cooled seats, powered tailgate, LED lighting, upholstery) and there are some changes between 2WD and 4WD (hardware, 11 speaker stereo, wheels etc.)

Surprisingly, Petrol variants get only one interior colour.
Yup, true. I would note that neither ATRC nor Automatic LSD are available on the 2WD versions, which means these are not available on the two petrol versions. The Fortuner brochure is misleading in this instance because it suggests both ATRAC and Automatic LSD are available in all versions. I can understand ATRC being missing because that requires 4WD, but Automatic LSD does not require 4WD and could have been provided, as it is on some Toyota vehicles abroad (though not on the Fortuner 2WD anywhere as far as I know).
Old 20th October 2022, 01:49   #1093
BHPian

So I finally took delivery of my Fortuner Diesel 4x4 (Manual) in Attitude Black colour on 14 October 2022 at Espirit Toyota, Cuttack.

The booking was done impromptu on 9 September 2022, the moment the dealer called me up as a response to one of my casual enquiries and confirmed availability in one of their last lots of delivery of 4x4 variants. I was in the midst of work at my Gurgaon residence and could not resist and solely by instinct confirmed the booking by remitting the booking amount of INR 50,000 online. My wife had gone to the gym and could not believe that our casual conversation about the car and my general interest culminated into a booking and that too, how!

The sales advisor informed that the vehicle will be dispatched on 16/17 September 2022 and should reach the showroom by 22/23 September 2022. That was a pleasant surprise as I was expecting it to arrive after 2-3 months, in the usual course.

Travelled to Bhubaneswar on 6 October 2022 and headed straight to the showroom from the airport to do the PDI as per the checklist. Have shared the pictures from PDI earlier in this thread, which I am not repeating.

I completed the payments on 7 October 2022 but unfortunately due to intervening Puja holidays and backlog of registration of new purchases, the Vahan site crashed and the temporary registration did not go through and 8 October 2022 the RTO was closed due to 2nd Saturday. I had to return to Gurgaon due to work and related travel scheduled the next week. Finally the temporary registration went through on 13 October 2022.

I was anyway scheduled to travel to Cuttack for work on 14 October 2022 evening, which I preponed to a morning flight and scheduled the delivery the same afternoon/ evening. I was accompanied by my parents and my colleague and fellow Bhpian cfrek. My wife and kid could not travel due to work and school, respectively.

Finally got delivery in the evening, which was followed by the key handing over and customary Puja at the showroom itself. We carried some sweets for the entire staff which was distributed. A cake and a chocolate box along with Toyota key ring was given by the dealer. Underbody anti-rust coating and Toyota rubber mats were given complimentary. 10 litres of diesel was filled in at the showroom. The ODO displayed 8 kms at the time of delivery as against 6 kms during PDI.

Went to the famous Cuttack Chandi Temple for Puja and the attention it grabbed on the road was insane. Got stuck in putting the reverse gear for a while and made it good in a few attempts.

The 200 horses were oozing out power and though it was extremely difficult but I exercised restraint and drove it sedately realising that it has to run in before the pedal is floored. Drove in the normal mode only and it was a hoot. The monstrous torque was addictive and always brought a grin on my face.

Delighted with the service of Espirit Toyota, Cuttack team and especially to the General Manager Mr Naik, Assistant General Manager Mr Shashi Bhushan and most importantly my sales advisor Mr Biswajit Samantray ably assisted by Mr Gadadhar Behera who have been extremely cooperative, supportive and patiently attending to calls and queries and giving clarification in a transparent manner. As my first Toyota car and 2nd Toyota car in the family (with my father’s Innova Crysta bought from same dealer), it has been a pleasure dealing with them and I really hope they continue the great work.

Returned to Gurgaon after the weekend for now due to work commitments leaving behind the car and was unable to enjoy it much. However, I am planning to drive it down from Bhubaneswar sometime next month. Will share and update further details on this but in the meantime sharing some pictures which will speak for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-2970c274142949968c5a0ea95f3a8492.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-bd7b0424571b4a458256fbd4da1d4714.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-d852a5a71c2c4a7a972d02207d052356.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-2f7b7873fa13418087d9d73ebf577041.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-6d9128828a704459929c257e04607c90.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-f91248b7b7394faab8cb50b6ce96e2f0.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-dde5e950dd0b462abeeeac5ba9076825.jpeg  

Last edited by jbpanda : 20th October 2022 at 01:57.
jbpanda is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 20:47   #1094
BHPian

Well I guess it's raining Fortuners on Team-BHP right now! Adding another one to the list!

4x2 AT Diesel, Sparkling Black Pearl Crystal Shine.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8979-1.jpg

Did the PDI last Saturday at Topsel Toyota, Ruby Area, Kolkata. Manufactured on 7/10/2022 and dispatched from the factory on 8/10/2022. Booking was done way back on 17th August 2022.

Only 3kms on the ODO as the car was directly unloaded at the Stockyard which is just 1.5kms away from the showroom and later on driven back and parked on the 6th Floor of the showroom.
The car was as fresh as it could be and found everything satisfactory. All payment procedures were completed by Monday and the car even got registered today. Accessories would be installed by Saturday and the delivery is scheduled on Sunday (23rd) morning, auspicious day of Dhanteras.

Still holding on to my German Dream though Fortuner won by a whisker due to its unmatched value proposition! First Toyota in family too! Hope it lives upto it's fame and top-class reliability tag!
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8976-1__01.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8973-1.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8971-1.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8972-1.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8974-1.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img8977.jpg

Last edited by sampadroy : 20th October 2022 at 20:54.
sampadroy is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 21:11   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian

Just learned something new today!

The 2022 Fortuners get an updated brake booster kit, compared to the pre-facelift 2016-2020 models and the 2021-2022 model as well…

A person who changed his brake booster kit to the 2022 one has reported even better brake bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post

4x2 AT Diesel, Sparkling Black Pearl Crystal Shine.
Congratulations buddy

Even I like this exterior and interior colour combination a lot, seeing a lot of Fortuners in this exterior colour now…

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 20th October 2022 at 21:25.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed