Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2022, 21:32   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-14 View Post
Congratulations R_R on your beast. Looks sexy! Please do keep us posted on how she behaves and performs.

I too am eagerly awaiting my beast. It's in the same configuration as yours, but a different color(Metallic Silver). It's been a month since I made my booking but still, there is no update on the same. How long did you have to wait for your car?
Hello C-14
What is the final on road price in Goa?

Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 22:05   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The 2022 Fortuners get an updated brake booster kit, compared to the pre-facelift 2016-2020 models and the 2021-2022 model as well…

A person who changed his brake booster kit to the 2022 one has reported even better brake bite.
Now that's interesting. I never found the brakes on my 2021 Fortuner to be lacking in any aspect - bite, feel, effectiveness, etc. across varying scenarios, including some instances of really hard braking from triple digit speeds. Wonder why they did it, if at all.
Old 21st October 2022, 08:54   #1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Hello C-14
What is the final on road price in Goa?

Thanks
Hi kedar_GT,

The Fortuner Petrol AT OTR price in Goa is currently; Rs. 42,26,649/- (which includes registration + extended warranty + dealer accessories(optional))

I have attached the Price List for both Petrol and Diesel models for your reference

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DocScanner 08-Oct-2022 5-58 pm.pdf (749.9 KB, 144 views)
File Type: pdf DocScanner 08-Oct-2022 5-59 pm.pdf (585.7 KB, 149 views)
C-14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 10:20   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just learned something new today!

The 2022 Fortuners get an updated brake booster kit, compared to the pre-facelift 2016-2020 models and the 2021-2022 model as well…

A person who changed his brake booster kit to the 2022 one has reported even better brake bite
This is news to me too, I have never found brakes to be lacking any bite on my 2021 Fortuner. In fact, brakes were good even on my 2013 Fortuner which had 2 drum brakes in the rear. I drive harsh and use my brakes sharply, as well.

Can you add more colour to the brake booster update-the kit, the cost etc.?
Old 21st October 2022, 23:31   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Can you add more colour to the brake booster update-the kit, the cost etc.?
According to the person who has done the above mentioned change owns a Toyota dealership in God’s Own Country.

He told me, he drove the 2022 Fortuner and felt the bite was better hence changed it in his modified 2016 Fortuner.

It is same size-wise to the previous iterations, but an interesting point to note is that the 2022 brake booster has a lower price compared to the 2016-2021 brake booster kit. He didn’t tell me the actual cost.

You may identify the Fortuner in question with this picture :

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-c158c5ea2ea84a269147cffbefcf6278.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj7vCr4y...d=NDc0ODY0MjQ=
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 06:47   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

He told me, he drove the 2022 Fortuner and felt the bite was better hence changed it in his modified 2016 Fortuner.

It is same size-wise to the previous iterations, but an interesting point to note is that the 2022 brake booster has a lower price compared to the 2016-2021 brake booster kit. He didn’t tell me the actual cost.
As per my dealer here, there are no technical changes to the brake booster or the kit in 2022 models. Refresh model from 2021 had an improved version over the 2016 one.
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 00:02   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Took the car to Fortuner Toyota and got it cleaned. The GM there was very helpful and i wasn't charged for same. Thanks sir.

Well, am not sure if other members have been charged for clearing it, if yes how much?

Am not sure why this happened but the last refill (a day before DPF clogging) was Extragreen Diesel at COCO Hitec while all the past 14 months was normal BS6 diesel.

Fingers crossed, hope this doesn't happen again.

A service advisor mentioned that we should pull the car to a stop, put lights and AC on to increase load on engine for higher rpm - when auto-regeneration kicks in. I wasn't told this before and am not sure if this is right or i misunderstood him.

Can someone please explain this
The issue has happened three times till now. Will need go to service center again tomorrow t fix it.

Since the past two times, the dealership of Fortune Toyota has been very helpful and attentive in clearing the DPF issue.

Did a 160Km long trip on ORR with good speeds and a mix of Eco and Sports driving. The vehicle did auto regenerate once post the second DPF clean (all after intervals of less than 200kms). however, it isnt able regenerate again

tried the manual button many times from 3 bars/4 bars and onwards till the yellow bars - it just didn't work!!

How do i fix it?? What are the options? Mine is August 2021 manufacture automatic 4wd car. It never had such issues till ~16,500 kms on Odometer.
channelv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 06:02   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
How do i fix it?? What are the options? Mine is August 2021 manufacture automatic 4wd car. It never had such issues till ~16,500 kms on Odometer.
I think Toyota is going to replace the complete injector set of your car. There is something messing up the soot measurement in your car. This is really worrying. I have the same vintage 4x4 AT. It has been a smooth journey till now with 13K kms. Sadly, it is now sitting idle at home and runs only 10 km per week. I guess I should be prepared for heartbreak once I reach back home.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:24   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think, the interior trim clips are of inferior quality.

My friend's chauffeur dropped something here & the top layer peeled off.
I've faced this issue earlier on my Honda City(2004 model). The culprit was the car perfume liquid bottle which was attached to the blower vent. This bottle had dropped on the centre console and results were ghastly. The top layer peeled off exactly like in your Fortuner.

It is submitted that owners may take cognisance of this fact and be careful about not spilling the liquid anywhere in the car. As for me, I've never used any car perfume following the experience.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2022 at 06:16. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 31st October 2022, 23:57   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
I am evaluating an AI Box. Too early to comment on this since I use the phone, map and messages on car play
Had taken on a long trip from Chennai to Kerala and back. The AI Box is ok, there are some issues of hanging when you take the call and it does not get disconnected. There is also an issue when you take the call, it does not switch back to FM. Sometimes I think its just better to connect the IPhone directly.

Adding another snap taken at the hotel on the way:
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-tfort.jpg  

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 31st October 2022 at 23:59.
raghu.t.k is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 14:27   #1106
BHPian

Subsequent to taking delivery of the AT 4x4 Diesel on 22 Oct from Galaxy Toyota, Lajpat Nagar, I reached for the first service on 30 Oct at the Okhla workshop.

The staff didn't take much time to carry out the mandatory checks and wash it before handing it back within an hour.

I had a couple of major observations on the functionality of the vehicle for which they made me give out a written feedback to them. The team present at the station did not have satisfactory answers, albeit, they agreed to my discernment.

Firstly, I felt that there has to method to switch off the lights completely, at least when one is parked with the engine running. The logic to this arrangement is that when one wants to take a nap in the vehicle upon halting at a safe place off the road during long drives, the lights attract undue attention. My practical experience has been when an onlooker banged on the car to check whether there was a dead body inside! The other time when parked at the designated parking space at the expressway, the security personnel woke me up because he felt that the battery might drain out.

Secondly, the warning tones at 80kmph and beyond till 120kmph at intervals of 10kmph are an irritant. And once the vehicle touches 120kmph, the tone goes berserk with decreased gap in the chime. It is felt that more than a warning, it is catalyst to losing concentration while driving. The passengers also have not been very forthcoming to such technology.
Now, interestingly the parking sensors have a provision to be muted. Why not this?

Last edited by susan3004 : 1st November 2022 at 14:39.
Old 1st November 2022, 14:57   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Firstly, I felt that there has to method to switch off the lights completely, at least when one is parked with the engine running. The logic to this arrangement is that when one wants to take a nap in the vehicle upon halting at a safe place off the road during long drives, the lights attract undue attention. My practical experience has been when an onlooker banged on the car to check whether there was a dead body inside! The other time when parked at the designated parking space at the expressway, the security personnel woke me up because he felt that the battery might drain out.

Secondly, the warning tones at 80kmph and beyond till 120kmph at intervals of 10kmph are an irritant.
Now, interestingly the parking sensors have a provision to be muted. Why not this?
It would have been great if Toyota gave full manual control of lights. While having lights on can be a nuisance, having some light is safer especially when you are parking car at a place which is close to vehicular movement.

Speed chime is govt. rule and to be frank, Toyota's implementation is a least intrusive one. Can be disabled but might be illegal.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 12:28   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Third DPF full failure with my Fortuner. Less than 200 Kms after the 2nd one.

Tried manual regen many times in these 200 Kms, but always got 'not available' message from the car's system.

Will keep the members posted how the replacement goes when the parts are in. I don't plan to drive the car till the replacement is done since it has gotten to a point where the DPF chokes at 100 odd KMs and wastes half a day, sometimes more, to get it sorted. I had heard of people avoiding to drive their Skodas but heralds tomorrow, Toyota has joined the gang.

Shame on Toyota for not running a voluntary recall on faulty parts that choke the DPF, and not keeping the customers informed on what to expect.

I am not surprised. In Australia they are being fined severely due to DPF issues, and still didn't isse a voluntary recall to best of my knowledge.
The DPF issue threatens their reliable brand image.
Old 3rd November 2022, 12:55   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Adding another snap taken at the hotel on the way:
Your Fortuner looks like a beast on steroids. Very macho looking car! Please guide me on the Auxiliary lights that you have installed on your car. How these heavy lights are mounted on the bumper. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what is the cost of these lightforce lights, they really look cool. Let me know.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 12:38   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
Your Fortuner looks like a beast on steroids. Very macho looking car! Please guide me on the Auxiliary lights that you have installed on your car. How these heavy lights are mounted on the bumper. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what is the cost of these lightforce lights, they really look cool. Let me know.

Thanks,
Slushmaster
Thanks.

Thats a Lightforce Genesis Led verion with Yellow filter, and was very helpful in the recent rains. That said its way too powerful if other motorists are around. It needs to be used with caution. This is a spot, have requested for a combo.

There is a numberplate mount available, not sure it can handle the weight and vibration. A clamp was fabricated for the mount., which is ok for normal roads, but vibrates if roads are bad. I have also added a lightforce Rok 40 at the rear incase i need some light while reversing. The switches for both are mounted on spare slots

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks