Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 01:41   #106
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I was comparing the Fortuner pricelist from two different dealers in Bangalore. The road tax, Registration service charge and extended warranty amount were different in the two price lists. How is this possible across two dealers in the same city? This leads to a difference of more than 11K in the on road price. An unassuming customer will end up paying this extra amount without knowing it. Even though 11K is not a large amount in the context of a ~50 lakhs purchase, I found this pretty strange and unacceptable. Did any of you noticed this during your purchase?
1. Road Tax can not be different in the same state. It is set by the respective state government, What some dealers do is add handling charge, temporary and permanent charges along with it instead of showing it in different columns. You can calculate the road tax yourself and ask them about the difference in price.

2. Registration service charge can be different as it is set by the dealership, you can ask them to waive it off but depends on them.

3. Extended warranty can not be different as it is set by Toyota. What you might have seen are different warranties. For ex. one dealership might have quoted for 4/5th Year + 1 lakh km while the other dealer quoted 4/5th Year + 1.4 lakh km. Toyota used to share the cost of these EW online but I can't find the page in their website anymore.

4. You can find prices of Toyota Protect insurance online from https://toyotaprotect.com. The dealership quotation shouldn't vary a lot from these prices.

Actually, the difference of 11k looks like a handling charge which I have seen in the quote by Bangalore dealers. If you can share the multiple quotations that you have seen then we can see why they vary.

Last edited by Technic90 : 23rd April 2021 at 01:49.
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:06   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Each dealer has a tie up with insurance and prices will vary. Also it's upto dealers to push for add on, pit the dealers against each other to get the best price. Also note even though dealer is same, location matters too. For example offers from Nandi Toyota Hosur road may vary from Nandi Toyota Whitefield.
Insurance I can understand. But strangely, In this case insurance was exactly same. It's the road tax and extended warranty that were completely off.
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
Insurance I can understand. But strangely, In this case insurance was exactly same. It's the road tax and extended warranty that were completely off.
Road tax should not be, registration charges can vary. For extended warranty please check the additional KM coverage offered. If its same too, they cant be different.
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:43   #109
Team-BHP Support

This looks to be very promising. Frankly, suspension or the lack of comfort is the single most annoying thing to me.

https://www.cartoq.com/2021-toyota-f...ve-suspension/

Does anyone have more information on this?
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This looks to be very promising. Frankly, suspension or the lack of comfort is the single most annoying thing to me
Wouldn't an upgrade to OME suspension kit make things significantly better?
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:25   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Wouldn't an upgrade to OME suspension kit make things significantly better?
No, that’s primarily for off-road use. Better clearance and perhaps less rolling. But this one with ride height adjustment will be more softer, just like the suspension we see on higher models like Prado and LC.

The kind of hit (for the lack of better word) you get, sitting in the rear seats specifically, on Fortuner/ Endeavour is something bothers me the most.
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:02   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This looks to be very promising. Frankly, suspension or the lack of comfort is the single most annoying thing to me.

https://www.cartoq.com/2021-toyota-f...ve-suspension/

Tein was offered on the earlier generation Fortuner, going by the registration number, it's the same dealer where my uncle got his fortuner 4x2 automatic ~2014 modified. Tein suspension on the Fortuner was not as great as it was made out to be, he replaced it with an Octavia. The new ones could be a lot better.

From the video - The owner says there's 16 settings for the suspension firmness, 0 is hardest. The ground clearance is lowest at the front at 263mm,he doesn't think the back is lifted by much. The setting can be saved in memory for speed and g force, either for acceleration or linear. His personal opinion is that the ride is greatly improved, the vehicle handles rough roads better.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 20:47   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is how the setup looks like.

16 levels of damping adjustment, senses speed and adjusts damping force accordingly.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-3db839b2f3f94ff294abc2662e321113.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-976ebb1cb61a46349ad5426e39f43c96.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-2b064f169bb94171950327ad61bb680d.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-cf23e20f629a4080b94595923ff7a6c6.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHH7cJUA...d=16zwh80qwjlr

The person who owns this modification shop is also the owner of a Toyota dealer in Kerala. Leaving their link below.

https://instagram.com/racing_twins?igshid=10ypu57xl7np2

PS: Not associated with any, have only chatted with them via Instagram once or twice.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd April 2021 at 20:54.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 07:22   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The person who owns this modification shop is also the owner of a Toyota dealer in Kerala.
Thanks for the details, if I am not mistaken, it appears similar to what they offered on previous generation, many years ago.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3211912 (Toyota Fortuner - Improving Ride Comfort?)

But this is not what Toyota or other offers on their Air suspension models, nevertheless, should be better over the stock.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th April 2021 at 07:24.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 10:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the details, if I am not mistaken, it appears similar to what they offered on previous generation, many years ago.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3211912 (Toyota Fortuner - Improving Ride Comfort?)

But this is not what Toyota or other offers on their Air suspension models, nevertheless, should be better over the stock.
You are correct, when I bought my first Fortuner in 2013, Toyota had a Tein suspension upgrade option as an official accessory, with electronic adjustment module at driver's disposal. I'm sure the current one might be a more updated model! I opted for Ironman comfort kit for my earlier Fortuner and was extremely happy with it.
Old 25th April 2021, 09:03   #116
Senior - BHPian

Detailed comparison with Prado. Contrary to what reviewer prefers, had Prado been available in India at price difference of 10-12Lac in India, would have been quite a seller, many including me would have preferred Prado over Fortuner.
I have to agree for space on offer and versatility. Despite shorter length, Fortuner offers more space inside and is also more practical.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th April 2021 at 09:29. Reason: Typos. Request you to proof read your post before submitting it. Thanks.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 09:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
had Prado been available in India at price difference of 10-12Lac in India, would have been quite a seller
Completely agree. I have watched this review earlier and wondered why Toyota has not considered getting the Prado as a CKD here in India. I guess they do not want to let go of the F-A-T profit margins being made on the Fortuner, as many would prefer the Prado if available at a lower price point, given that it is a much more superior SUV compared to the Fortuner.
Old 25th April 2021, 10:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Completely agree. I have watched this review earlier and wondered why Toyota has not considered getting the Prado as a CKD here in India. I guess they do not want to let go of the F-A-T profit margins being made on the Fortuner, as many would prefer the Prado if available at a lower price point, given that it is a much more superior SUV compared to the Fortuner.
Problem is there is no Prado in South east Asia, especially Thailand. Not too sure where do Australia gets its kits from. Prado has history, size, capability and would have been a really good seller despite premium price tag. That said I am surprised that barring ride quality and interiors, Fortuner is very much up there with Prado infact beating in terms of drivability, space and some off road conditions.
Old 25th April 2021, 10:41   #119
Team-BHP Support

^^^
The reason can be a lack of manufacturing line for this vehicle in India. Contrary to what we think, it’s usually a complicated process especially if you have to do it from local products and not just assemble like how Germans do. Toyota has one particular plant for Innova and Fortuner, Prado platform (J150) is different and only few parts can be shared like engine and transmission in diesel variant. Given the high costs of this platform and other premium parts, they cannot price it at Fortuner plus 10-15 lac. It has to be much more and at those prices, the numbers will be significantly lower as per TKM estimates.

Remember, our market is not mature like say Australia, Toyota can’t have a basic variant of Prado and keep it closer to Fortuner, rather it has to be a premium with air suspension and other frills.

Going forward with newer modular platforms and overall improvements in our buying power and the higher numbers, am sure this product makes complete sense in CKD. But my expectations will be more like 75-80 lac.

BTW, there is no Car Production left in Australia if I am not mistaken, at least none for Toyota. So they get everything from South east or Japan. Prado, LC and their siblings, GX & LX, continue to get manufactured only in Japan.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th April 2021 at 10:45.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 12:25   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The rear bumper now comes with 5 parking sensors (old car got only 2).
One small correction the Legender also gets 4 rear parking sensors as the regular fortuner, the centre sensor which is missing in the regular Fortuner but present in the Legender is to actually detect the key fob on the person + detecting the appropriate space available to open it, while he is swiping his foot below the bumper and is not a parking sensor.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner-rear-parking-sensor.png
As seen in this pictorial representation as well.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 27th April 2021 at 12:34.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks