Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2023, 02:43   #1231
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Thanks. I do find the fender mirror useful on many occasions like parking parallel to a wall or pavement or when you are in bumper traffic with multiple lanes. You can judge the space between my front left tire relative position and the adjacent objects just as walls, other cars etcs. Coming from a Yeti and Civic, I find it as a useful assistant considering the size of the SUV and the lack of 360 cameras.
Thank you, iTNerd. That is helpful to know. Yes, it does become difficult to estimate and judge the position of the left tire while parking at tight spots or even in bumper to bumper traffic with two wheelers overtaking from left. Had a tough time driving the vehicle on the narrow and crowded streets of Varanasi! Will certainly consider it in the future.

Quote:
I went ahead with new tyres as well just a day from showroom - BF Goodrich KO2 with same OEM size. Love it!
Your post reaffirms the position which is borne out of earlier posts by fellow Bhpians that the match between Fortuner and BF Goodrich tyres are a match made in heaven. The all terrain tyres enhances the butch stance and character of the car to another level. Enjoy them to their fullest potential by taking the car to places where most cars can only dream of!
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 17:39   #1232
Senior - BHPian

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-ed55773590814369878c72b162da4b5b.jpeg

Even the mightily Fortuner looks small in front of Khali.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:43   #1233

Took delivery of Toyota Fortuner 4x2 D AT. After a long battle of mind vs heart, finally gone with Fortuner instead of XUV700. We had to stretch our budget a-lot at the cost of niggle free and peace of mind Toyota ownership. Barring niggles and after sales service, XUV700 is perfect family vehicle i would like to own someday. Another option would have been Innova Crysta D AT if it would not have been discontinued.

Price paid out
Ex-Showroom : 3737000
RTO: 378250
Insurance from Toyota dealership : 143000 (chola ms)
TCS : 37370
Handling Charges (waived off) : 9400
Extended warranty for 5years/1.4Lakh Km : 56000
Accessories : 39000
Total : 4390620

Fortuner price before tax is 2400000 and rest amount is GST and Other Taxes.

accessories installed
1. Hood Emblem
2. Side visor
3. Side door cladding
4. Trunk peotector

accessories not available
1. sunshade
2. footlamp
3. 360 degree camera (discontinued)

accessories pending from outside
1. Noodle floor mat from elegant/galio
2. Dashcam

Dealership delivery experience was excellent. Sharing some pics.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230301-10.29.00-pm.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230301-9.19.05-pm.jpeg
winterfell is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 01:03   #1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfell View Post
Took delivery of Toyota Fortuner 4x2 D AT.

RTO: 378250
They are quoting RTO 7,50,000 in Pune.

Do you get TCS refund?
Old 5th March 2023, 14:59   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post
This RTO Tax/Charges is not uniform and varies according to different states. Like some of the states impose additional environmental green tax, road safety tax or cess etc.

Do you get TCS refund?
Yess, but it depends upon the tax computation of total income. This amount of TCS (1%) will either be refunded back to you if you have no tax liabilities or adjusted against the outstanding tax that you need to pay. Basically it's like tax you paid in advance. One has to login Income Tax website to claim refund.

Last edited by winterfell : 5th March 2023 at 15:23.
winterfell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 15:41   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaksarch View Post

Do you get TCS refund?
TCS is Tax Collected at Source, which is 1% for cars (over 10L) at the moment. This TCS is calculated on the ex-showroom price of a car. This provision has incorporated in our tax laws to prevent high value car purchases escaping from the eyes of the Income Tax Department.

Please keep checking your 26AS (by logging in to Income Tax Portal using your credentials) if such amount is reflected as a tax credit. The TCS return should be filed by the seller within a stipulated period of time. If it is not reflected, immediately contact the dealer and ask him to file the returns, if they are not filed on time.

At the time of filing your IT Returns, you can simply claim this TCS as a tax credit and pay the balance tax / get refund, as the case may be.

If you are a professional/businessman:
(i) Don't forget to capitalize your (ex-showroom + RTO Fees + any accessories/upgrades) that you may have done and claim depreciation.
(ii) Since currently the initial TP Insurance is for 3 years, it shall be charged against your income, equally, for the next 3 years AND
(iii) The OD premium shall be fully charged against your income
(iv) Keep a tab on your annual car insurance premiums, fuel bills, maintenance and toll charges as these too can be claimed as expenses.
(v) In case you have gone for an extended warranty, the same can be claimed as an expense, over the warranty period.

If you are a salaried person, you cannot claim any of the above
Aditya94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:02   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Toyota Fortuner 4x2 D AT.

Insurance from Toyota dealership : 143000 (chola ms)
Congratulations on the beast! Wishing you miles of stress free ownership!

The insurance seems too much on the higher side. Did you get a quote from outside?!

Regards,
Powertrain
Old 8th March 2023, 14:44   #1238
Senior - BHPian

So almost 2 weeks of getting delivery, my ride is nearing the first 1000 kms and first service is due this weekend. One strange thing is the low fuel warning. When it came, I refuel, but took only around 61L before auto-cut. I could not understand how come the car is configured for 19L of reserve oil before triggering the alarm. Mileage of consistent 11 kmpl is what I am getting for the distance so far covered with the heavy BF Goodrich tyres in mixed of city and expressway driving. Hope it increases after the first service. Automatic DPF regeneration occured twice, first in 350 kms and other in 750 kms and went away after few minutes of driving.

Last edited by iTNerd : 8th March 2023 at 15:01.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 16:01   #1239

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Congratulations on the beast! Wishing you miles of stress free ownership!

The insurance seems too much on the higher side. Did you get a quote from outside?!
Thanks. I asked quotation from Reliance General Insurance and IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance. While Reliance quoted 1,51,000/- , IFFCO-Tokio didnt responded yet. Then I just checked all the Add-Ons and Finally gone with dealership provided insurance.
Old 8th March 2023, 17:58   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One strange thing is the low fuel warning. When it came, I refuel, but took only around 61L before auto-cut. I could not understand how come the car is configured for 19L of reserve oil before triggering the alarm. Mileage of consistent 11 kmpl is what I am getting for the distance so far covered with the heavy BF Goodrich tyres in mixed of city and expressway driving. Hope it increases after the first service. Automatic DPF regeneration occured twice, first in 350 kms and other in 750 kms and went away after few minutes of driving.
Fortuner's low-fuel warning is on the conservative side, and gets triggered at around 20% of tank capacity. When I took my Fortuner for its first tank-up post delivery, it took in exactly 79 lit of fuel. So, one can rest assured that the tank has a capacity of 80 lit, if not more

FE of 11 km/l for mix driving is very good for such a heavy 4x4 AT. At best you can expect 12-13 km/l I guess.

DPF regen intervals are as expected

Quote:
Then I just checked all the Add-Ons and Finally gone with dealership provided insurance.
Best bet is to get a quote from aggressive players like Acko etc. and ask the dealership to match it. Usually they do and you end up saving at least 50K if not more.
Old 9th March 2023, 13:10   #1241
BHPian

Guess what, from January/Feb they have removed the JBL sound system from the 4X4 variants. What a shame.

Booked my 4X4 AT a week back getting delivery by next week.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 9th March 2023 at 13:12.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 13:53   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Guess what, from January/Feb they have removed the JBL sound system from the 4X4 variants. What a shame.

My 4x4 MT rolled out of factory at 01/23 and it came with JBL sound system. I guess, I got lucky then if it is indeed true!
Old 9th March 2023, 14:10   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

FE of 11 km/l for mix driving is very good for such a heavy 4x4 AT. At best you can expect 12-13 km/l I guess.

DPF regen intervals are as expected

Although mine is a 4x2 AT, I regularly get 12-12.5 in NCR traffic (the MID is damn accurate- checked it on multiple tank full to tank fulls). I do at least one highway drive a month to Chandigarh and it averages around 13 on the expressway where speeds are in the region of 120 (with occasional higher bursts for overtaking) and when I reach NH 1, with strictly enforced 90 kph limits, the FE goes up to 14.5-15.

For comparison, when I do the same run in my Petrol AT thar, I rarely see above 10.5 KPL.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 14:57   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvman View Post
Hi, my 2 cents..... in this case, even though your dealership experience has been far from satisfactory, IMO the financial cost vs. peace of mind due to this experience do not add up. I would suggest that you get the part changed at your cost and leave this experience behind. It's a beautiful machine that you've bought and Toyota is fundamentally still a very good company here in India and abroad. I'm sure the pleasure you'll derive from this car over the long run would more than make up for these dealer level nuances. Happy revvin'!!!!!
Further to the update about the voc not responding to my mail and the dealership insisting on the payment for the broken plastic part, namely,"pull handle".
The ordeal suddenly turned pleasant for me when the dealership contacted telephonically and informed that they have received instructions from "ooper se" to replace the defective part free of cost as a goodwill gesture.
I visited the dealership on 07 Mar, and the needful was done within matter of minutes. The manager stood there for the entire time while I was there. She requested me for a positive feedback about the dealership. I obliged!
susan3004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 19:14   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post

It could well be they are coming up with a better system. The current system although great for front row seats is really unimpressive for second and third row occupants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks