Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 14:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
One of the dealer in Hyd is quoting 135220 for the Standard cover Toyota Protect and 160076 for the Add-on Cover (Zero Dep, RTI, Engine Protect and Key Protect) for the 4x4 AT ? I think this is way steep. How much did you guys pay ? Is the engine protect and key protect worth it ?
Have a word with your dealer, there will be discounts. You can shave off 50K easily if you have NCB. You should get one outside for about 1Lac with zero dep. RTI and other protects will cost another 10-15K depending on provider.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 07:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
One of the dealer in Hyd is quoting 135220 for the Standard cover Toyota Protect and 160076 for the Add-on Cover (Zero Dep, RTI, Engine Protect and Key Protect) for the 4x4 AT ? I think this is way steep. How much did you guys pay ? Is the engine protect and key protect worth it ?
Hi cnu, my bad, I thought I already responded to you. I paid 148212, for Toyota Premium protect insurance at Harsha Toyota. I opted for Iffco Tokio insurance as this is the best per my experience.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 15:49   #63
cnu
BHPian

Some 4x4 tests by Overdrive:

Old 1st April 2021, 17:25   #64
BHPian

My car landed today in the showroom at around 7am, around 4 Fortuners and 4 Innovas, 7 parked outside in parking lot. Out of 4, 1 was super white , rest 3 were sparkling blue. All well until this, and I was curious to have a look at mine.

The moment i further moved towards the showroom, saw the only super white car as a "display vehicle" from the big glass area. Holding my breath, when i further checked it was my vehicle which was put for display for visual and static retries of every demo showcase.

Quickly checked ODO, was 3KM and End March manufacturing only. Without anything further, i asked sales guys to lock this vehicle until it is replaced by other and requested my wife to bring my laptop for WFT(work from toyota) as am not going leave without securing my vehicle at safe/non-disturbing place.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20210401_095215_cropped.jpg
BTW, please dont miss my 10+ years old Innova outside, still going strong.

Finally, got the movement done in almost 2 hours due to restricted spaces and servicing vehicles on the way.

Also without wasting much time got the invoicing done to get away from any price hike. Already spent 2 months in waiting and that too for super White

Have to wait for 3-4 days for registration to be done before i can take delivery.

Saw few paint glitches as below, not sure if to worry about much

Rear bumper
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner_bumper.png

Just above side steps, boith sides
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner_sidesteps_li.jpg

Last edited by abhi1881 : 1st April 2021 at 17:28.
abhi1881 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 20:25   #65
BHPian

Toyota increased Fortuner price by Rs 36000 ex-showroom. Innova crysta by Rs 26000

New Fortuner price

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-screenshot-20210401-20.23.09.png
Technic90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Toyota increased Fortuner price by Rs 36000 ex-showroom. Innova crysta by Rs 26000

New Fortuner price

Attachment 2139497
I couldn't edit this post. Just wanted to add.

Legender prices increased by Rs 72000
Technic90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:49   #67
BHPian

This is getting really close into the corporate greed category. There is limit to what the market will be willing to pay for resale and reliability.

I have made a mental note to myself to no more consider the Fortuner. It might or might not matter but change starts small and I will vote against it with my wallet.

I can keep my Hexa and get the new Octavia and even if both were to break down half of the time it will turn out lot cheaper than 48 lakhs plus interest.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 22:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
My car landed today in the showroom at around 7am, around 4 Fortuners and 4 Innovas, 7 parked outside in parking lot. Out of 4, 1 was super white , rest 3 were sparkling blue. All well until this, and I was curious to have a look at mine.

The moment i further moved towards the showroom, saw the only super white car as a "display vehicle" from the big glass area. Holding my breath, when i further checked it was my vehicle which was put for display for visual and static retries of every demo showcase.

Quickly checked ODO, was 3KM and End March manufacturing only. Without anything further, i asked sales guys to lock this vehicle until it is replaced by other and requested my wife to bring my laptop for WFT(work from toyota) as am not going leave without securing my vehicle at safe/non-disturbing place.

Finally, got the movement done in almost 2 hours due to restricted spaces and servicing vehicles on the way.

Also without wasting much time got the invoicing done to get away from any price hike. Already spent 2 months in waiting and that too for super White

Saw few paint glitches
Why not mail your experience with the dealership to Toyota, they will definitely take action against them.

More importantly, I would never take a car which was about to be delivered and being kept as a showpiece, especially in COVID times! The dealer must have made a quick buck by selling their display piece due to demand and must have decided to place a white from the next lot, which is the case in almost all dealerships (white colour one is always the one on display).
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 22:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Why not mail your experience with the dealership to Toyota, they will definitely take action against them.

More importantly, I would never take a car which was about to be delivered and being kept as a showpiece, especially in COVID times! The dealer must have made a quick buck by selling their display piece due to demand and must have decided to place a white from the next lot, which is the case in almost all dealerships (white colour one is always the one on display).
Exactly, there was 4x2 super white, since last 2 months till "yesterday" when I last saw while dropping my daughter to school. Am sure, due to anticipated price hike got sold out yesterday only.
Fortunately, I reached just in time, around 9:30am before any major public movement. There might be communication gap between the guy responsible for parking display cars and my sales executive OR usual dealing for company leased vehicles where owners usually don't care where the car is until registration is done.But honestly, I got really shocked.
abhi1881 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 23:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
I couldn't edit this post. Just wanted to add.

Legender prices increased by Rs 72000
Looks like silent increase directly on the Toyota website, and no press release or explicit news covering same.
Old 1st April 2021, 23:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, there was 4x2 super white, since last 2 months till "yesterday" when I last saw while dropping my daughter to school. Am sure, due to anticipated price hike got sold out yesterday only.
Fortunately, I reached just in time, around 9:30am before any major public movement. There might be communication gap between the guy responsible for parking display cars and my sales executive OR usual dealing for company leased vehicles where owners usually don't care where the car is until registration is done.But honestly, I got really shocked.
Strange to see the same car on display for 2 months when there is such a big waiting list. No dealer bothered to keep any display or test drive vehicle back in February. I guess someone's vehicle delivery got delayed due to finance process and the car was finally sold off now. Atleast here in Bangalore, Nandi Toyota didn't have any display vehicles when I went there last week to get my number plates installed. SA said waiting time is atleast 3 months. No display or test drive vehicle yet.

I don't expect Toyota to take your concern of keeping vehicle on display seriously. Ofcourse we hate it but for them, it's part of sales. You might just get an apology for that. Although you should escalate the paint issue if the dealership doesn't sort it out themselves. Keep an eye on odometer during delivery.

Quote:
Looks like silent increase directly on the Toyota website, and no press release or explicit news covering same.
They will let the sales team break the 'exciting' news to existing and future bookings. They had increased Rs 48000 in June 2020, then 3 lakhs in January 2021 and now 36000 - 72000 in April 2021. Increase of almost 4 lakhs (ex-showroom) in 1 year, plus add insurance and tax on that.
Technic90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:01   #72
BHPian

Finally got a test drive of Fortuner-Legender in Bangalore from Ravindu Toyota. Test drove and wasn't impressed with the ride quality. Not sure if the tyre pressure was too high because of which every small imperfection on the road was felt in the cabin.

Will this be any different if i drive the 4x4 AT?

Anyone else who took the test drive felt the same? Now i'm contemplating if I need to cancel the 4x4 AT booking.
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz View Post
Finally got a test drive of Fortuner-Legender in Bangalore from Ravindu Toyota. Test drove and wasn't impressed with the ride quality. Not sure if the tyre pressure was too high because of which every small imperfection on the road was felt in the cabin.

Anyone else who took the test drive felt the same? Now i'm contemplating if I need to cancel the 4x4 AT booking.
Yes, you will feel every part of the road. That's the downside of the stiff suspension. Adjusting tyre pressure might help a bit but that's not the main reason here, suspension is. Upside is high speed stability is superior. 4x4 AT is similar, you won't find much difference in ride quality.

Endeavour has better suspension and more comfortable steering for city but I chose Fortuner because of its reliability and engine specs. I got used to Fortuner's suspension by now. Try test drive again and if you can't come to terms with it, then probably Fortuner is not for you. Also read previous posts by PrideRed and other new owners, he has given good comparison of his Endeavour and Fortuner.
Technic90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 20:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The suspension is not the greatest. But what other option do you have other than Fortuner ? Endeavour is too big a risk till there is some evidence that Ford is here to stay.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 21:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There will not be any difference between 4x4 and Legender. 4x2 will have superior ride, thanks to 17 inch tyres with taller side profile. If you are coming from a monocoque car, it will take time getting used to body on frame. If you are ok with body on frame and majority of your drive is on bad roads, Endeavour will offer better comfort. While at rear you will feel bounciness, front seats absorbs bumps well. However, on highway Fortuner excels. If you are coming from monocoque, you might find body on frames a bit underwhelming.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed