Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:23   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Highly unlikely that 10 lit of AdBlue will last for more than 5,000 km or so. I am going by the same ballpark as the Endeavour, wherein 18 lit lasts for about 8,000 km. Would be great to get real-world feedback on this.
This is the reality in my car. My Fortuner had clocked 4500KM when I got warning indicating another 2500 can be clocked. I had to fill one full can plus 1-2L from another can by when AdBlue started overflowing. I was charged 704 bucks, which included filling charges plus taxes of some 90-100rupees. 5 Ltr can cost 429 and I was charged for 7L. This is the reason why I was surprised when you mentioned 16-18L in Endeavour lasts 7-8K KM and also 66/L of Ford Vs 85/L of Toyota and 50/L from Indian oil .

Note: Even in video posted earlier in this thread 1 full tank lasted for 7K KM. Current ODO is at 11500 and previous refill/tank full was at 4400KM.

Last edited by PrideRed : 2nd July 2021 at 13:28.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:34   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Recently noticed AdBlue is available in fuel stations too, 20Lts can was quoted 1050 bucks.
You should get AdBlue in all major Indian Oil fuel stations. Also, all major highways have frequent AdBlue selling counters from Tata Motors.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the reality in my car. My Fortuner had clocked 4500KM when I got warning indicating another 2500 can be clocked.
I guess it would be incorrect to compare consumptions across cars/engines/manufacturers, as it would depend on a lot of factors, including configuration of the SCR system - my bad! Now that I have tanked up on my AdBlue, I will keep a tab on consumption pattern

Last edited by cool_dube : 2nd July 2021 at 15:36.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:26   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it would be incorrect to compare consumptions across cars/engines/manufacturers, as it would depend on a lot of factors, including configuration of the SCR system - my bad! Now that I have tanked up on my AdBlue, I will keep a tab on consumption pattern
Yes that is correct. Below are some of my observations on AdBlue consumption:

1. City/frequent short driving consumes more AdBlue. During lockdown, for 250KM i drove, there was 3-4 regen that happened.
2.Recently I put up 750KM on highway and regen happened only twice.
3. Maintaining consistent speeds actually results in more regen and hence more AdBlue consumption. Its good to press a bit more of A pedal at frequent intervals. I am still not sure on this, but an observation so far.
4. Not just the engine, consumption also depends on implementation by each manufacturer and probably particular model too.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:07   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
During lockdown, for 250KM i drove, there was 3-4 regen that happened.
Interestingly, Endeavour does not give me any indication of regen. It happens entirely behind the scenes. Neither is there any provision to trigger it manually - I believe Fortuner gets a button for that.

Quote:
Not just the engine, consumption also depends on implementation by each manufacturer and probably particular model too.
Absolutely!
Old 3rd July 2021, 01:14   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly, Endeavour does not give me any indication of regen. It happens entirely behind the scenes. Neither is there any provision to trigger it manually - I believe Fortuner gets a button for that
I am not sure the regen button does anything until the system asks you to do it when it is unable to start auto-regen. When you press the regen button at any time, it shows the following popup with the message that manual-regen is unavailable. When auto-regen is happening, the same pop up is displayed but without the manual-regen message. I did wonder the point of showing notification every time it happens but maybe its to encourage the driver to continue driving if possible for regen to complete successfully. The button was added for extra precaution after the Australian DPF fiasco.

Name:  dpf.png
Views: 3742
Size:  478.2 KB

Last edited by Technic90 : 3rd July 2021 at 01:28.
Technic90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 09:57   #217
Senior - BHPian

Here is an interesting transformation of a 2017 Fortuner to an all new Legender

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/toyota-...-12405530.html
Old 10th July 2021, 20:15   #218
BHPian

Driven the new fortuner for 1300 km so far, bought it without even a single test drive, completely due to trust in Toyota and also closely following tbhp reviews, very very helpful in this tough covid times.
Entire experience overall was top notch barring initial hicups like delivery delays, my car becoming display car, which i already mentioned in my earlier posts.
Also on 12th day i observed a minor chip off, just below the USB panel , looked to be manufacturing defect, as i recieved the car with just 3km on odo.This dealer now replaced under waranty, after following up with Toyota customer care.

Hats off to cool_dube on already articulating very well on the the priorities and preferences in general on the respective fits i.e Toyota Fortuner or Ford Endeavour.
And many thanks to PrideRed for exposing the key insights with the true facts as well.

For me it is

1. Toyota brand, why not? served me and my family superbly for 11 years, and I wished to continue same for rest of my life.

2. Engine, engine, engine!! no compromise. i can let away the features like sunroof, electric seat etc. However, THE engine gives roar in the heart on every press of the pedal, and car just reciprocate to your action without any hesitation. Coming from innova, where it was also great with low end torque, now with fortuner it is just an AMAZING and"privileged" feeling, want to make best out of me at my 40s now.

3.Dimensions- this is the only car in my house, so wanted something manageable, on the lines of innova. Carnival selected earlier was requiring some alterations in my indoor parking, and then i just lost interest as days passed.

4. Drivability. So far the drivability is already next level to innova, much better with more confidence, and am absolutely satisfied and loving it as well

5. Dealer next door, almost walking distance from my home

6.Looks. This is the dream car for me, love the looks from all angles.

Few bits that annoy a little, but like every thing in life compromising or getting used to

1. Reflection of JBL speakers on the glass, the silver part mainly, sometimes a distraction
2.Paint quality needs improvement, surya also pointed out same. There are places where either paint is overdone or under done, need a great focus to identify though.

Last edited by abhi1881 : 10th July 2021 at 20:21.
abhi1881 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 14:55   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
4. Drivability. So far the drivability is already next level to innova, much better with more confidence, and am absolutely satisfied and loving it as well
This to me is one of the key strength of Fortuner. Powerful Engine,stiff suspension, direct steering all seem like match made in heaven. Lighter weight and extra torque , performance is a notch higher than the 3.2 Endeavour too, while returning a significantly better FE.

Another aspect which surprised me was comfort at back bench. Middle row is a good place to be. If you get an opportunity, hop in to middle row to be surprised.

My Fortuner has clocked 7K KM and our 4th Toyota. While the car has been upgraded to current standards, Fortuner seem to have all the quality of Toyota of yesteryear- Robust, rugged, reliable and built to last. Only aspect I find different with this car is the engine, In India Toyota never sold a car with a performance that betters the compititor.
PrideRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 17:34   #220

Bought this beast on 21 st March. Due to lockdown could only manage 2500kms on odo. Trust me the way this car marks speeds is unbelievably quick for a big heavy SUV.
ENGINE-TERRIFIC!!!!!!
Gearbox - I found the gearbox for my liking, It is not blisteringly quick but gets the job done.
SOUND SYSTEM- I was a bit disappointed when Toyota launched Legender with a 6 speaker setup as compared to 4WD standard JBL ones, But I found the overall output is decent and not that poor as some other members pointed out.
DESIGN- Head Turner For Sure!!!! Its been 3 months since I bought this beast still can’t stop admiring its beauty.
Overall I would Say It’s a great Car
I apologise for any mistakes in this post as this is my first post on this forum .

MOD NOTE : Please take out some time to form your post, proof read them and use capital letters, exclamation marks where required.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fe1a2086c6b7440c9ddb961cc2e069b4.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 12th July 2021 at 15:17. Reason: Mod note attached.
Yash96 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 19:21   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash96 View Post
Overall I would Say It’s a great Car
I apologise for any mistakes in this post as this is my first post on this forum
Welcome to team-bhp and the Fortuner group, Yash96. Happy Motoring!!

Folks, please find some pictures of Don, after the de-chroming work called as Project Stealth!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210709_150631.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210709_150806.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210709_150909.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-20210709_150952.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 21:14   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Another aspect which surprised me was comfort at back bench. Middle row is a good place to be. If you get an opportunity, hop in to middle row to be surprised.
Sure, will try soon in focused manner. Honestly don't want to miss the driving option.Infact first time in my life drove in India for continuous 4.5 hrs, from NCR to Chandigarh, NON-STOP and no sign of tiredness. Music(it is damn good when you increase the sound levels) , Driving, Engine excitement all contributed to this amazing experience.
Also, your point earlier related to the soft material for resting the knee. Would echo that it is extremely helpful and super comfortable. These things matter me the most rather than any other show off stuff or less usable.

Toyota trust, made stronger again w.r.t to replacement of the USB back panel. I was quite apprehensive as was minor issue, and afraid of screwing up something else.However the Toyota guy was truly professional and did the job very well to my satisfaction.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20210702_120757.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20210522_114036.jpg

Last edited by abhi1881 : 11th July 2021 at 21:22.
abhi1881 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 15:46   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Welcome to team-bhp and the Fortuner group, Yash96. Happy Motoring!!

Folks, please find some pictures of Don, after the de-chroming work called as Project Stealth!
This is easily the best modded facelift Fortuner in country in my books! Even a crore rupee car will not be match the street credentials of Don, definitely deserves a thread of its own.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 19:02   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is easily the best modded facelift Fortuner in country in my books! Even a crore rupee car will not be match the street credentials of Don, definitely deserves a thread of its own.
Thank you, PrideRed. I will complete my thread for Don!!
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 20:46   #225
BHPian

I got an update from the Toyota salesperson that there is a price hike coming from Aug 1st. Have been delaying my purchase because of the lockdown and such - second price increase in the same year.
carrot_eater is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks