Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2021, 11:02   #226
cnu
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
I got an update from the Toyota salesperson that there is a price hike coming from Aug 1st. Have been delaying my purchase because of the lockdown and such - second price increase in the same year.
Second increase after making a booking, this is terrible. Have been waiting since March (seems eternal) with no clarity on the delivery even today.
Old 29th July 2021, 16:13   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Second increase after making a booking, this is terrible. Have been waiting since March (seems eternal) with no clarity on the delivery even today.
This is expected with Toyota and will continue. Competition will follow suit too. During launch Fortuner was 3.5L costlier than competition but now its 2.4L. Unless tax structure changes(Unlikely knowing Govt.) or Electric cars start making impact, prices of these full size SUV will soon cross 50L OTR.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 18:16   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got an update from the Toyota salesperson that there is a price hike coming from Aug 1st. Have been delaying my purchase because of the lockdown and such - second price increase in the same year.
I was delaying my purchase to August due to both the pandemic and personal reasons, and now this . Although my SA didn’t mention a price hike, I checked with him this Sunday itself? Is it confirmed?
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 18:40   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I was delaying my purchase to August due to both the pandemic and personal reasons, and now this . Although my SA didn’t mention a price hike, I checked with him this Sunday itself? Is it confirmed?
While I haven't heard from SA, most likely to happen. Tata is already planning and other manufacturers may soon follow. https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...29-034662.html .
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 19:50   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
While I haven't heard from SA, most likely to happen. Tata is already planning and other manufacturers may soon follow.
With multiple hikes within a year (unheard of, in the past), manufacturers are trying to cash in on two fronts - need for personal mobility as opposed to public transport in the wake of the pandemic, as well as pent-up demand (or revenge shopping, as some economists choose to term it). This is just the beginning and we will see this trend picking up across the spectrum, not just automobiles! Interesting times ahead, for sure.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 20:47   #231
BHPian

Quote:
I have been checking with the SA regularly with the Sharvan month round the corner for taking the delivery. He sent me a Whatsapp message that the price is expected to be increased both for Crysta and Fortuner starting Aug 1st. I am hoping it is not that significant or at least they add a few additional features with the increase - if there is one. So again not a 100% confirmed yet - we will know in the next few days.
carrot_eater is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:38   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been checking with the SA regularly with the Sharvan month round the corner for taking the delivery. He sent me a Whatsapp message that the price is expected to be increased both for Crysta and Fortuner starting Aug 1st. I am hoping it is not that significant or at least they add a few additional features with the increase - if there is one. So again not a 100% confirmed yet - we will know in the next few days.
Usually Toyota doesn’t change/add features in less than a year of launch, it will be an increase (if there is) on grounds of input costs like all manufacturers say. The only thing we can pray for is that the increment is not huge! ₹36k increase like before sounds fair but anything over that will just lead to reduced sales and nothing more!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:50   #233
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Toyota has spared Fortuner this time around. Primarily because of steep hike during facelift. If you are sitting on fence, better to proceed soon as you never know when Toyota will hike again.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/toyota...-hike-august-1
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 11:17   #234

We went to see Toyota Fortuner in their Navi Mumbai Showroom, before revisiting BMWX1.
The show room was deserted, where two camouflaged Maruti vehicles were in display. After few minutes, a lady popped up. She told us that she will send a sales person.

Few minutes, a sales parson came out and we told him that we are looking for Fortuner and he bluntly said, it wont be available in next three months and we dont have any test vehicle to show nor any display model.

We wnet out starignt away, walked in to the BMW show room and finalised X1.

Toyota is finalising exit?

Last month, they bluntly criticised Government that the 'We Dont Want You" tax of 28%GST+5 to 23% Cess is ridiculous and killing Top models and the car manufacturers, mainly Foreign OEMs.
Old 30th July 2021, 13:33   #235
BHPian

I had the same experience when I went to buy the Crysta. They said they would not even take the booking because of too much demand. They asked me to come back after 3 months and they would take the booking then and the car would be delivered after another 3 months.

So I pulled some levers and used some contacts and got mine in 2 months but my God, what a disgusting experience I have had. Absolutely pathetic service by the dealer and equally horrible treatment by Toyota. Been more than 20 days since my vehicle has been delivered but I'm yet to get my papers.

For someone looking to buy the Fortuner or the Innova be very clear that you could get your vehicle in about 6 months and don't be in a hurry to sell of your old vehicle. I don't know how far this is true but I was told that each dealer is allotted 10 odd vehicles a month and they are getting more than 60 bookings day.
Old 30th July 2021, 14:22   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphel View Post
Few minutes, a sales parson came out and we told him that we are looking for Fortuner and he bluntly said, it wont be available in next three months and we dont have any test vehicle to show nor any display model.
Last month, they bluntly criticised Government that the 'We Dont Want You" tax of 28%GST+5 to 23% Cess is ridiculous and killing Top models and the car manufacturers, mainly Foreign OEMs.
Toyota plant was shutdown for over but continued receiving orders from states where there was no lockdown. They have a huge backlog and if its white, you may get in 2 months. Any other color be ready to wait longer.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:21   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Looks like Toyota has spared Fortuner this time around. Primarily because of steep hike during facelift. If you are sitting on fence, better to proceed soon as you never know when Toyota will hike again.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/toyota...-hike-august-1
Got a confirmation from the SA that only Crysta gets the price hike. The Fortuner is spared.
carrot_eater is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:17   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Easily the best Legender in India, even better than the original one! And to top it off it’s a 4X4.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-42a3be5bc04443a7bc54356545abb883.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-78129187c8074a7d9d21f51f276fdb26.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHAzIYB...um=share_sheet
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 17:36   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Easily the best Legender in India, even better than the original one!
Adipoli (awesome)!!

I have always liked the previous design (the one on the right), especially the headlamps. But this legender is looking great. This deserves to be in the tastefully modded cars thread.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 11:21   #240
Senior - BHPian

This six months waiting period is having a big impact on the used Fortuner prices. 2019 model Fortuners are being listed for 40L in my area now.

On another note, I read this complete review hoping to understand the difference between 2017 and 2021 Fortuner. I was surprised to find that the review thread does not make any mention of a major difference - The presence of LSD and rear differential lock in the 2021 model. Since this thread will serve as the primary source of research for many who are having this 2017 vs 2021 Fortuner dilemma, I think the mods should add it to the review.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks