Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 15:25   #991
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
I was seriously disappointed when I saw the Spare wheel was not an alloy but a steel Rim one! .

Auto Folding Mirrors

I heard that YokoHamas or Michelins (LTX Force) are good ones.
1. Courtesy PrideRed, I learnt that the alloy spare wheel was replaced with steel rim when climate control changed from single to dual-zone.

2. Auto folding mirrors - Is this a software update OR any hardware changes needed ?

3. Used LTX force for about 40 K kms and Yokohama for 20 k in Hexa that I owned earlier. Both provide almost similar outcome. However, Yokohama seemed to have slightly better grip on wet surfaces and around corners. And also felt Yokohamas may last slightly longer, compared to LTX Force.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:13   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any guidance on what tyres should I go for? I'm an occasional Off Roader but road noise and wet surface handling are the most crucial requirements. I heard that YokoHamas or Michelins (LTX Force) are good ones.
For occasional offroading stock Duelers are quite decent. If you are going to spend more time on highways stick to stock, they are quieter, efficient and has better ride. Geolanders are good but being AT is noisier than HT and is harder compound. Had almost brand new Geolanders on Endeavour when I sold, but decided against swapping them with Duelers. Some of the AT's look better if that's a major criteria for swapping. If you do lot of OTR's, go for a better AT like Pirelli Scorpion or even BFG(Looks droolworthy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
2. Auto folding mirrors - Is this a software update OR any hardware changes needed ?
Its an accessory sold by dealer, needs wiring and probably removal of door pad.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:11   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was seriously disappointed when I saw the Spare wheel was not an alloy but a steel Rim one!
Not a big deal, IMO. This was done along with inclusion of dual-zone climate control, which I find very useful on those long hauls where the missus and I want our respective temperature zones

Quote:
Any guidance on what tyres should I go for? I'm an occasional Off Roader but road noise and wet surface handling are the most crucial requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
For occasional offroading stock Duelers are quite decent. If you are going to spend more time on highways stick to stock, they are quieter, efficient and has better ride.
I second PrideRed on this. After lot of deliberation, I finally decided to stick to stock Dueler H/Ts and I am happy with my decision after ~9,000 km on the odometer. Guess it depends on your primary use case - in my case, the Fortuner is mainly used for long highway hauls followed by last-mile off-road trails to get to those good destinations I've ended up doing a serious off-road trail on one such trip and the Duelers really impressed me - you can read here (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review) about it. Moreover, no A/T can provide you with better on-road handling (especially under wet conditions) than H/T - if this is your priority then you need not swap.

By the way, just completed a 1,500 km run to Goa and back across all terrains - broken ghat roads, good ghat roads, 4-6 lane highways - and the Fortuner put a smile on my face yet again, especially with an average FE of ~13 kmpl. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Name:  F1.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  F2.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  73.2 KB
cool_dube is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:58   #994
BHPian

Quote:
I

Any guidance on what tyres should I go for? I'm an occasional Off Roader but road noise and wet surface handling are the most crucial requirements. I heard that YokoHamas or Michelins (LTX Force) are good ones.
I have the BF Goodrich KO2 on my Isuzu mux and have the Michelin LTX trail which have been recently updated and launched again on the Fortuner. Have used both for around 7k kms each, below is what I feel as per my experience.

1. The BFG's definitely look far better and butch compared to any AT tyre.

2. Road noise is higher in BFG compared to Michelins which are super silent. On tarmac and in wet conditions the Michelins win hands down, just did a 900km round trip 2 days back in extreme downpour throughout, and the Michelins didn't skip a beat.

3 The BFG's have the strongest sidewall, I mean the tyre feels indestructible, Michelins are definitely a softer compound.

4. If one uses his SUV 60% onroad and 40% offroad the BFG's make sense, for most of us doing unpaved trails and dirt roads and bad patches occasionally any AT tyre is good.

5. Cost of the BFG was 25 k a tyre and Michelins 15k. In hindsight now that I think about it I should not have gone for the BFG's as my usage does not warrant such a tyre.

Hope this helps: thumbs up.

MOD NOTE :
You are requested to please go through Posting Etiquettes and adhere by it while making any new post on Team-BHP.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th September 2022 at 09:35. Reason: Poorly & casually typed post.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th September 2022, 01:12   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
I booked Pearl white Fortuner 4*4 AT same colour as my previous one, the vehicle will be delivered on 15th of this month with usual accessaries and 360 degree camera.
Firstly, congratulations! You will love it, driving a black one for 15 months and the experience is superb.

However, a quick question though. This 360-degree camera - is it an official Toyota accessory?
If yes, is it only for the Legender model? I am asking this as I have the top model Fortuner, not a Legender. Purchased it last year, and even after multiple follow-ups I was told that 360-degree camera is not available.

If no, then also request you to share the details. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
Which one could be prone to more maintenance amongst the choice of these blackies? I am planning for a ceramic coating and not PPF, as I will be soon broke after bringing the beast home.
Both colors are equal maintenance, simply because both are dark shades.

The sparkling black looks different in day and night. On the other hand, the attitude black is simply black 24x7. That is the only difference.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th September 2022 at 09:37. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
anirbanjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 18:20   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank27r1 View Post

Tryst with Toyota

Hello BHPians,

After an arduous wait of 6 months post-booking my car, I received the Toyota Fortuner 4X4 AT in Sparkling Black Crystal Shine color with Chamois interior.

The car looks stunning to look at (of course when all clean) plus when it's dirty too (personally, for me).

Sharing a few photographs to feast your eyes.

P.S.: Can someone please recommend to me where to get the PPF & rust protection coating done in Bengaluru and what price to expect for these works. It will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

Dear BHPians,
Life has kept me busy in its own ways so was unable to provide any update after my 1st post here. As they say, time flies and today is my 1st year anniversary of getting this car home. To commemorate this, I along with my wife will be going full Le-Mans with Fortuner. A 1400km road trip, through 4 states which per google maps will be taking 24 hours to finish door to door, if, ridden continuously.
Of course, safety and responsible driving are paramount. If deemed necessary due to travel conditions, a night's halt is also on the card. Post-trip, I will be sharing the overall experience with you all. Plus, in subsequent posts/ownership threads for what else has happened with respect to my ride over this one-year ownership period.

Till then, wish you all to keep munching happy miles and an awesome festival month ahead!

Regards,
Frank
Frank27r1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 19:04   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I am particularly concerned about sand/loose surface and mud, which are main difficult conditions I may encounter, as I have no plans for any off-roading beyond gravel and unpaved roads. I would like to see how 4x2 Fortuner might respond to such conditions. What's your own experience, since you've done some off-roading in your own 4x2? What kind of off-roading have you done that you can share, which might be helpful? How useful are the the A/T tyres?
I have done rough roads, harsh terrains with rock, gravel, mud and slush. Spiti this year was exceptionally gruelling, but not once did i feel like second guessing. Note that i am a careful driver, and have a 6th sense feel on whether the car will be able to do the terrain or not. For example, i did not take it to right next to the Langza Buddha statue, but parked next to the restaurants 100 mts away, just because i felt it might struggle. I stay away from sand and snow as these are mortal enemies for 4x4s, let alone 4x2s. Not sure how the vehicle would have fared with H/Ts. The Fortuner 4x2 always came with A/Ts- Bridgestone Dueler, which i changed to the Yokos on day 2.

Quote:
For your needs, Yokohama Geolandar G015 all the way. They are probably the most silent A/Ts around and are exceptional in the rains. They come with unconditional warranty too for added peace of mind. The Michelin LTX Force are new in the market so do not have enough feedback. Plus they are expensive and do not have unconditional warranty.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:58   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Got the DPF Full, visit dealer on my Fortuner 4x2 Diesel.

The SUV has completed 7,700-odd KMs till date, has had the first service last month and got the AdBlue refill at 7K.

Second DPF full failure.

300-odd Kms after the 1st one.

Between the previous clean-up at the dealer and this msg, there was one auto regen. I tried manual regen button on three separate occasions but it didn't allow me to trigger it saying it wasn't needed.

Then, this morning, the DPF full message.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_1638.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_1639.jpeg

Took it to the dealer; they re-did the same process as the 1st time. Took an hour or so.

They promised to also ask Toyota about this and evaluate if Fuel Injectors need to be replaced.

This is getting very frustrating.

Last edited by t2k4 : 28th September 2022 at 11:06.
t2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:32   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Second DPF full failure
This is concerning, for sure. What has been your usage pattern over these last 300 km? Mostly city driving with heavy traffic, or highways as well? Also, could bad fuel be a factor?
Old 28th September 2022, 11:38   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
What has been your usage pattern over these last 300 km? Mostly city driving with heavy traffic, or highways as well? Also, could bad fuel be a factor?
City only with moderate traffic.

I always refuel at company-owned stations, but hard to say if Chandigarh receives BS6 fuel. I asked the Toyota technician about using Turbo Diesel and he shrugged it off saying 'uske saath bhi ho jayega'.
t2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:40   #1001

Quote:
Second DPF full failure.

This is needed very frustrating experience.
I got my car back after 15 days in the workshop with the injector kit changed.

Although it is doing fine for the last 300 kms.
Fingers are crossed for the future though.
Old 28th September 2022, 13:57   #1002
R_R
BHPian

Very unusual for Toyota cars to have one such persistent issue (DPF), I think? Is this a general problem across all diesel cars in India or just with Fortuner? I may be spending too much time on this thread, so may be getting a biased view.
Old 28th September 2022, 17:46   #1003
One
BHPian

Quote:
Second DPF full failure.

300-odd Kms after the 1st one.

They promised to also ask Toyota about this and evaluate if Fuel Injectors need to be replaced.

What the is make month/ year of your vehicle. Was given to understand that all new vehicles were coming with new injectors: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5359911 (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review)
Old 28th September 2022, 18:51   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
What the is make month/ year of your vehicle. Was given to understand that all new vehicles were coming with new injectors:
The manufacturing is August 2021.
Old 28th September 2022, 19:13   #1005
One
BHPian

Quote:
The manufacturing is August 2021.
Can you go through the link in my post above for possible solution to what you are facing.

I can vouch via my direct conversations that two service centers (in Bombay) mentioned they are replacing components under warranty for older vehicles to prevent this from reoccurring (I don't own a Toyota but have by now spoken to the Service folks across different centers)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks