Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 09:49   #1021
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
I was also told by the folks at Throttle that they’d broken a clamp during the fixing of the 360-degree camera near the left well and beadings of the door were not properly fixed. This information too was passed to the Salesperson. He was humble and apologized for this and informed that all of the aforesaid issues will be fixed within 30 minutes.
I think, the interior trim clips are of inferior quality.

My friend's chauffeur dropped something here & the top layer peeled off.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-c275d4b292ed4e11b467b168399a106a.jpg
Placed an order & the trim arrived. While taking out the trim, the clips broke, while putting in the new trim & the gear lever console, both trim's clips broke . We had thought, we would wrap the older one for (just in case), but now, he has to again wait for it.

Plus, the TPMS installed by them is broken and faulty.

We have been seeing Ford's / Mitsubishi / Hyundai trims taken out multiple times & been fixed, heck, I have taken out my Mahindra's trim, but never something broke.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 10:59   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think, the interior trim clips are of inferior quality.

My friend's chauffeur dropped something here & the top layer peeled off.
Attachment 2363765

Placed an order & the trim arrived. While taking out the trim, the clips broke, while putting in the new trim & the gear lever console, both trim's clips broke . We had thought, we would wrap the older one for (just in case), but now, he has to again wait for it.
Had been shared in the owner’s group, please check point 4. Clip quality has gone down drastically!

Quote:
Few quick things to take care for new Fortuner(2016 - 2021 onwards) Owners :

1. The castor and camber bolts are of bad quality. Be careful as to where you are getting the alignment done. Known issue to TKM, which they are pushing it off to the dealers/customers

2. Relay failures, Denso is under notice for them. TKM is correcting this proactively

3. Leather seat quality issues, treat the leather carefully and ensure that you are using the seat height and angle for the bottom correctly. Warranty claims on this are not encouraged much and expensive to replace the same with original, especially with seat ventilation kit.

4. Door pad clips quality has degraded a lot, they are nothing like what you had earlier. So, be careful where you are getting your work done and always keep some clips spare, when you get any work done.

5. Steering wheel wood insert cracks: another known defect to TKM, owners who raise it with Toyota are getting the steering replaced, if under warranty. Costs upwards of 45k.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2022 at 05:09. Reason: Mention of WA
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 19:59   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Had been shared in the owner’s group, please check point 4. Clip quality has gone down drastically!
Wow, nice to see my post here hopefully it will help some owners.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2022 at 05:09. Reason: Quoted post edited
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:40   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bought the Mighty Fortuner home!

I had also got the 360-degree camera fitted at Toyota.
Congratulations.... Could you please share the price of the 360-degree camera? Also does this double as a dashcam? I already have a dashcam installed... Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 21:35   #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Congratulations.... Could you please share the price of the 360-degree camera? Also does this double as a dashcam? I already have a dashcam installed... Thanks
Thank you Gadadhar! Toyota guys quoted 32k, but I bargained and got it to 23k. It doesn’t double up as a dashcam is what they told me. I’ve also got a Qubo Pro from Amazon. Will get that fitted tomorrow maybe.
keerti_ck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 09:28   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
[list=1][*] The ICICI FASTag that came with the car started deducting tolls at its own whims. I got 10 messages of Toll getting deducted at toll booths which were 600+ km from Bangalore. Had to raise about 10 tickets with the customer care for the reversal and the promised ETA is 25 working days! Anyone else had the same issue? I am thinking to close this ICICI FASTag account and get another provider. My previous one was with IDFC, and I had no issues ever.
Get a Paytm fastag, which deducts money from the wallet, that way you can recharge the wallet only when you need to, & there'll be no unnecessary deduction.
Old 4th October 2022, 10:01   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Gadadhar! Toyota guys quoted 32k, but I bargained and got it to 23k. It doesn’t double up as a dashcam is what they told me. I’ve also got a Qubo Pro from Amazon. Will get that fitted tomorrow maybe.
Thanks for the details, 23K is a good bargain. But I may not get that discount in a standalone purchase, in your case it was bundled along with the new vehicle and other accessories. However I am keen on picking one, and will start looking for options.
Old 4th October 2022, 12:29   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks for the details, 23K is a good bargain. But I may not get that discount in a standalone purchase, in your case it was bundled along with the new vehicle and other accessories. However I am keen on picking one, and will start looking for options.
My advice is to go for MOCO 360 camera one which comes with Sony Exmor sensors. They will cost you about 24k and another 2500/- for the relay. Can give you a contact in Jayanagar who can source and fix it for your car.
keerti_ck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 13:18   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My advice is to go for MOCO 360 camera one which comes with Sony Exmor sensors. They will cost you about 24k and another 2500/- for the relay. Can give you a contact in Jayanagar who can source and fix it for your car.
Thanks, that sounds good to me, need to ensure that doesn't mess with the vehicle warranty. Could you please share the contact
Old 4th October 2022, 15:34   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Second DPF full failure. 300-odd Kms after the 1st one.
Third DPF full failure with my Fortuner. Less than 200 Kms after the 2nd one.

Tried manual regen many times in these 200 Kms, but always got 'not available' message from the car's system.

Example:

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_1658.jpeg

Then, a few KMs later, this:

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_1661.jpeg

In fact, I had checked manual regen 1 KM before this happened, but I don't have a photo of that.

Went to the dealer, they flushed the DPF using the OBD scanner-triggered regen process.

They will replace the Fuel Injector kit & honor warranty. The parts are back-ordered, will arrive in 10 days or so.

The car's system was at 162% of DPF Full (as reported by the scanner):

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_1665.jpeg

Needless to say, I am bummed and disappointed. Things happen with hardware, I get it. But, when they happen to expensive hardware and with a brand which you buy into (at an upfront premium) because you want to avoid such issues and not have to visit the service center every few days, it pinches more.

I am also contemplating extending the warranty by 2 years to cover the 4th and the 5th year as well because I am not convinced (yet) that the replacement injectors will solve the problem. They will postpone it (my impression) by a few thousand KMs. The Service Advisor quoted 47K + GST for the default 1 Lac KMs and coverage extended into the 4th and the 5th year. I have an option to increase the KM coverage as well, but it will cost more and not sure I need it.

Will keep the members posted how the replacement goes when the parts are in. I don't plan to drive the car till the replacement is done since it has gotten to a point where the DPF chokes at 100 odd KMs and wastes half a day, sometimes more, to get it sorted. I had heard of people avoiding to drive their Skodas but heralds tomorrow, Toyota has joined the gang.

Shame on Toyota for not running a voluntary recall on faulty parts that choke the DPF, and not keeping the customers informed on what to expect.

Last edited by t2k4 : 4th October 2022 at 15:58.
t2k4 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 20:41   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Tried manual regen many times in these 200 Kms, but always got 'not available' message from the car's system.
Is there a chance that the fuel you’re using is not of good quality?

3 failures this soon is a major cause of concern and defeats the purpose of buying a Toyota which is supposed to be niggle-free!

And what’s the purpose of that manual regeneration button if it never works.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th October 2022 at 20:43.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 21:30   #1032
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Is there a chance that the fuel you’re using is not of good quality?
Usually fuel is not an issue in Chandigarh. Perhaps t2k4 should use the IOC pump in Sector 28, that's one with the largest sales or any of the COCO pumps of HP should be ok.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 21:53   #1033
One
BHPian

Quote:

There's an option to trigger manual regen on demand. This option can be enabled at the Service Center, do try this.

Quote:
Will keep the members posted how the replacement goes when the parts are in.
Am closely following this thread of yours as a barometer for BS6 diesel engines. Thanks for keeping us posted.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 09:56   #1034
BANNED

Hope you are not adding a little ‘engine oil’ in the fuel tank for a smoother engine. I have seen people doing this before bharat 6 came. Also a leaking piston ring or anything that lets engine oil in combustion chamber can cause the same effect. Also, never forget to drive car at 2500rpm for 15 minutes once every week.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 10:14   #1035
BHPian

New Pricelist for Fortuner applicable October 2022 onwards.
Note how disproportionately prices are increasing for 4X4 and Legender/GR Sport.
Heck in September 2021 i was getting a 4x4 AT at around 42 lakhs in Noida. 1 year down the line that has become the ex-showroom price
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-oct-22-pricelist.jpeg  

achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed