Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 12:01   #361
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Folks, requesting your inputs on any discounts received or offered for Octavia. Anyone who has bought a style variant? Your experience would help.
Discounts ranging to 2 lakhs were available till 30 Sept on L&k model in Maharashtra. A close friend of mine got a quote of 32 lakhs on road for L&k.
Thank you
MayurS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:15   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Discounts ranging to 2 lakhs were available till 30 Sept on L&k model in Maharashtra. A close friend of mine got a quote of 32 lakhs on road for L&k.
Thank you
Thanks Mayur. 2 lakhs on L&K is a sweet deal. Can you please share specifics of deal on offer and dealer. This will help.
Old 4th October 2021, 15:42   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mayur. 2 lakhs on L&K is a sweet deal. Can you please share specifics of deal on offer and dealer. This will help.
I don’t have any specifics with me but the discounts were offered by JMD Skoda on MY21 models as MY22 was coming and they were trying to get rid of 2021 inventory.Also price increase of 30000 was coming on new stocks so they were really pushing us to go for 21 model.
Thanks
MayurS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 01:21   #364
BHPian

Quote:
I managed to get the style variant for 29.5 on road (MH02) from Mody Skoda. I think I have already sent across the contact details of the executive to you.

Edit: MY21

Last edited by mmridul : 9th October 2021 at 01:22. Reason: added the MY of the car
mmridul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 08:28   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
I managed to get the style variant for 29.5 on road (MH02) from Mody Skoda.
Congratulations, lovely car at a good price. Please post a few pictures when you get time, this thread has been long dead since the price announcement.

The Octavia's launch price had a negative impression on me even before checking out the car, so much that I did not bother to check the car out again even once the discounts were rolled out. The premium pricing on the L&K lead me on to expect more than needed (sunroof, ventilated seats, plusher interiors) but the Style variant post discount makes the Octavia a compelling proposition.

Last edited by manson : 14th October 2021 at 09:36.
manson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 09:03   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I managed to get the style variant for 29.5 on road (MH02) from Mody Skoda. I think I have already sent across the contact details of the executive to you.

Congrats. How much was the effective discount as I am not aware of the OTR price in MH?
Old 14th October 2021, 19:08   #367
BHPian

Quote:

Hey, would you be able to provide a breakup of the total along with the sales executive name and the showroom? Asking for a friend who’s looking to pickup an Octavia. If it’s sensitive info, a PM would also do.
Old 14th October 2021, 22:19   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Congratulations, lovely car at a good price. Please post a few pictures when you get time, this thread has been long dead since the price announcement.

The Octavia's launch price had a negative impression on me even before checking out the car, so much that I did not bother to check the car out again even once the discounts were rolled out. The premium pricing on the L&K lead me on to expect more than needed (sunroof, ventilated seats, plusher interiors) but the Style variant post discount makes the Octavia a compelling proposition.
Thank you so much. She has been a pleasure to drive so far (fingers crossed). If you would ever like a longish test drive, I would be happy to oblige.

I come from a MY 2014 Polo GT TDi, so this is certainly a HUGE upgrade in terms of plushness. However, the only thing I wish it had were ventilated seats. Would've made life in Mumbai summers so much better.

I have attached some pictures from the delivery date, but do excuse my terrible camera skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Congrats. How much was the effective discount as I am not aware of the OTR price in MH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Hey, would you be able to provide a breakup of the total along with the sales executive name and the showroom? Asking for a friend who’s looking to pickup an Octavia. If it’s sensitive info, a PM would also do.
I got the MY21 model. I am listing the prices as per the price list that was shared with me during the purchase. This should help with the overall understanding of the discount.

Ex-Showroom: 25,99,000
TCS: 25,990
Skoda Insurance: 1,11,900
Fastag: 600
Essential Accessories: 15,999
Registration (Individual, MH02): 3,46,978

Total: 31,00,467
Paid: 29,50,000
Discount: 1,50,467

Although this was on the Style variant, I am certain this can also be obtained on the L&K variant too.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img20211007wa0022.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img20211007wa0019.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img20211007wa0018.jpg  

mmridul is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 19:13   #369
BHPian

Had a shortish test drive of the Octavia today. Came away pretty impressed overall.
Went with the family so the car was full up with 5 people including the sales person.
Space at the rear was adequate and comfortable for one large and two average sized adults. Top notch interior quality.
The engine and gearbox is definitely in the league of the premium German brands. Ride and handling too was pretty close.
Is it worth the asking price? Yes but not an emphatic one. A few feature additions like ventilated seats, powered passenger seat, and sunroof would have definitely improved value.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 21:02   #370
BHPian

Short test drive will not do justice to understand the capability of this machine. Take it on a highway and that where it shines. Initial test drive around my place felt like yeah it is little superb not much fun. By chance recently took one on a highway & every moment i think of that drive it puts a huge grin on my face.

This one begs to be driven on open roads.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 21:10   #371
Senior - BHPian

Is there possibility of a Sportline trim for the Octavia, with non-beige interiors and black badging? I believe the website is already updated with MY22 pricing
Old 17th October 2021, 22:24   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Is there possibility of a Sportline trim for the Octavia, with non-beige interiors and black badging? I believe the website is already updated with MY22 pricing
Yes there is 30k increase for MY22 variant and the website reflect the new prices. Next Skoda will gear up for VRS version rather than the sportline for octavia.

There was a thought process if Skoda will consider to get this with 1.5 engine avatar. I am not optimist on this one any more, as Slavia is being launched. Eager to see how the top end of Slavia will be priced at. Will there be enough price room between Octavia style and Slavia Top end to squeeze in Octavia sportline variant?
Old 24th October 2021, 09:05   #373

Took 3 test drives of Octavia. Two on good roads of HSR and one of broken roads of Whitefield. After the test drive on Whitefield, the sales agent was quick to reply - "It was almost like off-road experience sir but did you notice that the car did not scrape its belly even once?". I was little worried about ground clearance but I must admit that I was surprised that it fared pretty well in those regards (although with 5 people onboard and boot packed with luggage, it can be a different story).

Loved the quality of interiors and the ride and handling. In all the three test drives, I was wanting to drive more. Came out impressed and so booked L&K version last week and was hoping to get delivery by mid-November but a bummer. Sales agent informed that due to global chip shortage the delivery will be delayed. He was not sure when the situation will improve but looks like the earliest it may happen is in January

Checked with Mr. Zac Hollis and even he is clueless
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-tweet.jpg  

sandeepsaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 20:14   #374
BHPian

Quote:
I got the MY21 model. I am listing the prices as per the price list that was shared with me during the purchase. This should help with the overall understanding of the discount.
Those alloys look so much better than the sudarshan chakra of L&K, beautiful car and a beautiful shade man. Wishing you many many happy miles with your Octavia. Looking forward for an ownership review from you We really need one for such a deserving car.

And also, how is the performance of the reflector based LED headlights?
Old 25th October 2021, 06:24   #375
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsaran View Post
Loved the quality of interiors and the ride and handling. In all the three test drives, I was wanting to drive more. Came out impressed and so booked L&K version last week and was hoping to get delivery by mid-November but a bummer. Sales agent informed that due to global chip shortage the delivery will be delayed. He was not sure when the situation will improve but looks like the earliest it may happen is in January

Checked with Mr. Zac Hollis and even he is clueless
Could you please share if you were able to manage to get any offers/discounts at the time of booking in Bangalore?

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th October 2021 at 06:46. Reason: Quote tags fixed

Most Viewed