Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 16:59   #376
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Gurus here need your inputs in understanding best SVP package to opt for.

Attached is the SVP offered for Octavia

It come in two packages

1) Standard 49,999
2) Enhanced 89,999

Cost difference: 40,000

Difference between standard and enhanced is inclusion of

1) Front windshield wipers
2) Front brake pads
3) Front brake discs
4) Rear brake pads
5) Rear brake discs

My question to folks here is that with in first 4 years what are the chances for a change of above listed components? I understand that it is based on the usage but given folks who have owned and experienced can share there valuable inputs.

These components are expensive for example Front disc cost 5926 each, Front break pad cost 5248 etc. These prices exclude labour charges or service cost.

Is it worth opting for enhanced rather than standard as it would be all inclusive.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-skoda-svp.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-skoda-package-inclusion.jpg  

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 25th October 2021 at 17:00.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:17   #377

Unfortunately, there seem to be no discounts on offer. In fact, I spoke to multiple dealers and due to production outage, the stock of Octavia at most of the dealers has exhausted (esp for Black and Blue color).

The only discount that you may be able to avail is the corporate discount, provided that you work in a listed company.
sandeepsaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 23:42   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post

I think you can drive with stock disc for 60k kms minimum even with heavy driving. For 4 years you might end up changing front and rear pads twice, so 4 sets and wiper once or twice. Infact wiper is cheaper outside. So if the difference between both packages is only brake disc / pads and wiper blades it’s not worth.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th October 2021 at 06:58. Reason: Long post quote trimmed.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 12:23   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It come in two packages
1) Standard 49,999
2) Enhanced 89,999
Cost difference: 40,000
Just go for the Standard plan as it covers the most important and costly aspect of the maintenance, that is the ATF or DSG Oil and Oil filter replacement. Normally this happens at 60K kms and costs around 15K to carry out. This itself will make it worth the Standard plan as barring that you get 4 oil change services for a meagre 35K, which is amazing. I do recommend, dont wait till 15K kms for oil change. Indian conditions notwithstanding, I have made it a rule to go for Oil change service every 10-12K kms. This is after my car being run primarily on highways. I continue this rule even after car has breached 172000 kms.

If you go for enhanced package, they won't replace the discs/pads until they are completely worn out and dont meet the factory standards any more. So it will be a tussle to get those replaced within 4 years or 60K kms as they'll keep telling you they're within specified limits of thickness.

Also note there is no Haldex oil replacement in Octavia, as its FWD. Normally this is for 4x4 equipped cars such as Kodiaq / erstwhile Yeti / Superb V6.

Do keep us updated on what you finally went with, and your views on the car itself! Happy driving bro.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:44   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I think you can drive with stock disc for 60k kms minimum even with heavy driving. For 4 years you might end up changing front and rear pads twice, so 4 sets and wiper once or twice. Infact wiper is cheaper outside. So if the difference between both packages is only brake disc/pads and wiper blades it’s not worth.
Wipers are surely not a dealbreaker but from a warranty standpoint who wants to take the risk? Today zac is there to solve the issue not sure 3-4 years down the lane if he would be still around or the office he established still functions as it is. With Skoda never take a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Just go for the Standard plan as it covers the most important and costly aspect of the maintenance, that is the ATF or DSG Oil and Oil filter replacement. Normally this happens at 60K kms and costs around 15K to carry out. This itself will make it worth the Standard plan as barring that you get 4 oil change services for a meagre 35K, which is amazing. I do recommend, dont wait till 15K kms for oil change. Indian conditions notwithstanding, I have made it a rule to go for Oil change service every 10-12K kms. This is after my car being run primarily on highways. I continue this rule even after car has breached 172000 kms.

If you go for enhanced package, they won't replace the discs/pads until they are completely worn out and dont meet the factory standards any more. So it will be a tussle to get those replaced within 4 years or 60K kms as they'll keep telling you they're within specified limits of thickness.

Also note there is no Haldex oil replacement in Octavia, as its FWD. Normally this is for 4x4 equipped cars such as Kodiaq / erstwhile Yeti / Superb V6.

Do keep us updated on what you finally went with, and your views on the car itself! Happy driving bro.
Thank you for the inputs. Great call out "they won't replace the discs/pads until they are completely worn out and dont meet the factory standards any more." For the enhanced package, will go ahead request additional clarification from Skoda Will brake pad and discs will be a part of preventive maintenance in the first four years else it would be futile to lock this sum with them.

Would be interesting to check Skofa allows for an upgrade from standard to enhanced package at a later stage. My guess is not allowed but worth giving a shot.

On another note: There is 2 year SMP also available. This one has certain exclusions V-Belt, ATF filter, ATF Fluid, and timing belt is excluded. The cost for Octavia is 31444, superb is 30,999. Superb is cheaper. Also there are conditions on when this package can be purchased.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 26th October 2021 at 19:52.
Old 26th October 2021, 21:14   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On another note: There is 2 year SMP also available. This one has certain exclusions V-Belt, ATF filter, ATF Fluid, and timing belt is excluded. The cost for Octavia is 31444, superb is 30,999. Superb is cheaper. Also there are conditions on when this package can be purchased.
As I said, basic plan covers DSG service. That in itself seals the deal for me, as the rest of the services will turn out to be more value for money. I suggest just go for basic plan for 4 years. Dont take the SMP for 2 years, it looks expensive.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:54   #382
BHPian

There are rare moments when you get behind a wheel and forget the world around you. One goes against the tide and bites the bullet. Here is to one such moment and the new acquisition. The issshhhttttyyylllleeee (Style) variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-9c82fe76041b476b9af86a206c231acb.jpeg  

CircleOfLife is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 11:24   #383
BHPian

Congratulations, @CircleOfLife.

Did you manage to get any discount? Sales folks in Hyd said there is no scope for discounts, but it was during a casual discussion post my test drive.
Old 30th October 2021, 16:32   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Congratulations, @CircleOfLife.

Did you manage to get any discount? Sales folks in Hyd said there is no scope for discounts, but it was during a casual discussion post my test drive.
I have cribbed on this before and will again state it Hyderabad dealers don't offer discounts other than corporate offer. No dealer discounts. Very stingy. May be next month due to Diwali they might offer something but other wise there was nothing significant on table.

Wasn't ready to budge at the price point, I value my hard earned money, hence took upon an more adventurous route, negotiated some discounts, burned some cash which could have saved with better planning and learned a lot. There is always a first time and there was some learning curve. Didn't pick the vehicle form Hyderabad.

Lot of folks on the forum helped directly or indirectly. Road wasn't easy, there were lot of bumps on the way but hey atlast made it to the destination.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 30th October 2021 at 16:43.
CircleOfLife is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 18:33   #385
BHPian

Quote:
There are rare moments when you get behind a wheel and forget the world around you. One goes against the tide and bites the bullet. Here is to one such moment and the new acquisition. The issshhhttttyyylllleeee (Style) variant.
Congratulations, CircleOfLife. Style variant is definitely VFM in this car. Excellent choice, IMO.

The rear three quarters of the new Octavia makes me go weak at the knees everytime I look at it. What an absolutely splendid design, this one!

Do post photos! Wish you many miles and smiles

Last edited by ostreichwein : 30th October 2021 at 18:35.
Old 30th October 2021, 21:53   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Congratulations, CircleOfLife. Style variant is definitely VFM in this car. Excellent choice, IMO.

The rear three quarters of the new Octavia makes me go weak at the knees every time I look at it. What an absolutely splendid design, this one!

Do post photos! Wish you many miles and smiles
Thank you @ostreichwein for your kind words of appreciation. This one is alo in it's signature Lava blue color. This is the best color in the lineup, lot of folks in the society and even on roads have appreciated the color. Have seen a silver color L&K in the Mumbai airport that looked stunning too. Younger blood checking the car couple of times is a common sight for now. It's no BMW 330I but the brand Octavia has it's following.

Today was driving down on a busy road suddenly a gentleman in the new Thar, which i was appreciating from IVRM pulls up beside and asked to roll down window. I thought something wrong with car, he pops the question brother how is to drive. Yes this is the emotion it evokes.

Off late there have been uptick in sales in the city even with out discounts . My SA at Hyderabad keeps updating his what's app status with delivery pictures have seen him delivery 3 L&K variants in past 2 months.

Story behind this one is interesting, hopefully would be able to put one out in some form.
CircleOfLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 19:29   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats buddy on the acquisition! I have been sitting on the fence for so long, and have been thinking I am going to wait a bit longer, maybe until the new financial year and see where i land but seeing fellow Team-BHPians enjoying the car is making me waver! Do share ownership reports. I am particularly curious about FE and how you feel about the suede like seats and whether maintaining is a challenge.
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:52   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Congrats buddy on the acquisition! I have been sitting on the fence for so long, and have been thinking I am going to wait a bit longer, maybe until the new financial year and see where i land but seeing fellow Team-BHPians enjoying the car is making me waver! Do share ownership reports. I am particularly curious about FE and how you feel about the suede like seats and whether maintaining is a challenge.
After seeing Slavia I don't think you should invest in Octavia at significantly higher price unless you are interested in 2.0L engine. As I commented in another thread of Slavia "Looks like company has run out design ideas" now has resorted to copying.

Was kind of expecting thing after watching initial spy shot but such near similarity is just heart burning. Unless one has keen eye to detail like the front bumper or branding at boot it looks similar to Octavia from far.

What i fear is will Octavia continue to exist in coming years or it will be replaced by Slavia. It might even turn out as just a Halo product with 2.0 L engine and Slavia maxing out at 1.5L engine. This is royal rub into folks who have invested significant $$$ into this brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-51232-1.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2021, 19:39   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase! It's a tremendous car and an absolute all rounder.

While the Slavia might have a similar design language, the Octavia is in a different league altogether - from the engine to the much more sophisticated suspension and the very high quality interiors.
thechinmay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 18:31   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Hope you took the service package with your Octavia. How is the car doing ? Do share some pictures.

Most Viewed