Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 09:04   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Wow.. what an amazing deal..! Since Octavia is a decently selling car, I am unable to comprehend why should the factory have unsold inventory that too in white which is the most sought after color? 25L-30L is a sweet spot for many upwardly mobile customers. I would have surely gone for it if such a deal was available in Bangalore.
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:02   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

-What made you personally pick the Style over the L&K?
I too would like to hear from @binoym on this.

The difference is exactly 3 lakhs. and the features missing out on style trim are,
automated parking, safety tech, seat adjustability features, automatic tail gate opening.
Is there any difference in audio setup?
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:02   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, do keep in mind that the discounts were fat because of stock clearance. The car is an October 2021 build (which is why I did the PDI) and was lying unsold at the factory. It arrived at JMD just earlier in March. Colour option was white only. It was a similar case with my Superb where we got a fat discount on a 2020 car bought in 2021, because Skoda desperately wanted to finish off the kits of the pre-facelift model and launch the updated version with some new features. When the car doesn't move from the factory yard, it is on Skoda's books and company accountants h-a-t-e unsold inventory at the factory. It's a massive liability & they'll do anything to move those cars eventually. Remember the A4 that many BHPians bought at 39 lakhs OTR? Similar story.
This is interesting, both the dealers i spoke to here have absolutely insisted that there is no chance of getting me a MY 21 model, not in either variant.
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:43   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Honestly Octavia is in a different league altogether than Slavia, hands down Whether it is engine/performance, gearbox, space, quality of interiors, build etc. What we are forgetting is Octavia is the cheapest model to get that great 2 TSI engine.

These cars are different segments all together, and I think it is okay to command that premium
No one is disputing that. In fact that exactly was my point. There is nothing astonishing about it. You pay more money and you get a better car.
In this case you are paying 7L more after discount (if you are so lucky) but realistically, 11L more over Slavia. That difference alone can you get a whole another car. What we are indeed forgetting, as great as the car may be (or that engine) is that it is not a cheap car by any means.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:18   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thank you very much for the detailed reply! I did have some more queries

-What made you personally pick the Style over the L&K?

-Would you say It would be better to wait till end of year(~Dec period) to get a new one or the offers would be the same as the March period?

Thanks again : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
I too would like to hear from @binoym on this.

The difference is exactly 3 lakhs. and the features missing out on style trim are,
automated parking, safety tech, seat adjustability features, automatic tail gate opening.
Is there any difference in audio setup?
- All the Test Drive car's are Octavia L&K's. So that's what I drove and experienced before jumping for the Style. The interiors, Engine, Transmission are exactly the same and I dont like the extra chrome most top variants come with.

I mentioned earlier, I am a sucker for a good deal and seek value in most purchases I make. I personally did not think the the upgrade was worth the additional 3L. The three things I would have cared about were:
- Upgraded Sound System (12 Vs 8 Speakers)
- Electric Passenger Seat (Style get's only Driver Electric Seats)
- Electric Tailgate (There's a button on the boot to close the boot electrically versus a handle you pull in the Style - Will share pictures)
Yes there are 5-6 other features including Self-Park - But I don't know if I would practically use it. For this Gap-List, I don't think 3L was worth it. Maybe 1.5L would've made this lucrative. But an additional 10% - Nope.

As I reflect, this is a trend with me. None of the car's I've purchased: EcoSport, Baleno, now Octavia were top of the line. My dad on the other hand will only get the top spec - Swift, Sx4, Ignis. So I respect both sides, I just personally don't think its worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Wow.. what an amazing deal..! Since Octavia is a decently selling car, I am unable to comprehend why should the factory have unsold inventory that too in white which is the most sought after color? 25L-30L is a sweet spot for many upwardly mobile customers. I would have surely gone for it if such a deal was available in Bangalore.
I think many folk reject the Octavia for the lack of a sunroof at this point. Example: My sister was appalled to learn that this car at this price has no sunroof as was my niece "Mama where is the sunroof?". I am not even sure Skoda is very serious about the Octavia since the Kushaq and Slavia will be bringing in the numbers. Second, if buyers have a flexibility on their budget, the Superb is a no brainer. For 6-7 lac more you're getting a bigger car, bigger boot, bigger rear seat and the sunroof. My guess is they would just get that.

My best friend is due to change his Octavia. After seeing my car, he contacted JMD and test drove both Octavia and Superb. After owning two generations of the Octavia, he has his eyes set on the Superb.

Also, the 2021 VIN was available for both variants Style and L&K. I was told there are a few Superb's as well.

Other Points:
- The cabin noise out of the showroom was LOUD for this car. I was actually worried and took the car to the pump to check the Tyre Pressure. It was at 49! I got them down to 32 PSI as suggested by the official Team-BHP review. It's been epic since.
- I am confident of VW and Skoda's ability to product test new features from the Human Factors and Usability aspect. But were they kidding with the Touch Screen A/C functions? Did no one tell them, this in un-intuitive to use? Yes, there is a hard button that will take you directly to the A/C functions.
- I have been able to comfortably setup Airplay but Android Auto seems to be a concern. It could also be an issue with the phone. I am still figuring this out.
binoym is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 13:25   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
This is interesting, both the dealers i spoke to here have absolutely insisted that there is no chance of getting me a MY 21 model, not in either variant.
Skoda started selling MY22 models October’21 onwards with the upgraded interior monitoring feature. MY21 would mean cars produced before October’21.
Perhaps, that’s why dealers are saying that there are no MY21 models available.
Faced the same confusion while booking my Octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
Gandalf The White
Congratulations on your new Octavia, Binoy! Glad to see more enthusiasts joining the Octavia bandwagon.

I’ll be taking the delivery of my Octavia this weekend too and wanted to know if you’re planning to install any accessories or dashcam?

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd March 2022 at 13:41. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Do see the FAQ on how to use the "MULTI-QUOTE" feature :)
S.Vats is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 16:29   #652
BHPian

Congrats @binoym on your pride possession. Also having GTO on your side for PDI, it cant get any better

Octavia remains my favorite car with that 2TSI and DSG combination. I own the same combination in my Kodiaq, but the power delivery in Octavia is in a different league.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 16:41   #653
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Abraham George for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I bought a Skoda Octavia style 2021 model. There’s an issue with the infotainment system because after some time it stops working only the AC can be controlled and once it completely went blank and I had to travel 5 hrs without the AC in the blazing sun. Even the Skoda service couldn’t figure out why it happened but got it fixed. The lack of physical buttons for AC is a big letdown.
Old 25th March 2022, 15:55   #654
BHPian

Quote:
- I am confident of VW and Skoda's ability to product test new features from the Human Factors and Usability aspect. But were they kidding with the Touch Screen A/C functions? Did no one tell them, this in un-intuitive to use? Yes, there is a hard button that will take you directly to the A/C functions.
You can press climate button on the dashboard and then use 2 fingers on the volume slider to adjust the temperature. Its easier than using the touch screen while driving.
denomathew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 17:38   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
Yes this is the 2022 L&K model in the Graphite Gray colour. The coating took exactly 3 days, since it was brand new, the paint correction work was minimal or non-existent. It costed me around INR 55K for the 5 year plan of Modesta+ ceramic coating. Here are some more photos of the car
55K for a ceramic coating? Whatever is said and done, it is way too expensive for a ceramic coating.
Old 25th March 2022, 18:05   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
You can press climate button on the dashboard and then use 2 fingers on the volume slider to adjust the temperature. Its easier than using the touch screen while driving.
Whoa, thats interesting to know, I will be eager to test this out!

Quote:
Gandalf The White
Congrats on the latest acquisition with an incredible deal you've got. IMO, end of calendar and financial year are perhaps the best time to purchase a vehicle, specially which is not mass market and thus secure as what should be an apt price for a given vehicle.

Wishing you many more happy miles this one!!
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 10:44   #657
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Gandalf The White

Oh about Fuel economy, I don't want to see it. I've changed the setting to not want to see this information. That' not why I got this car. My daily commute is under 5 kms between work and home. This one is purely for the heart.

More pictures coming soon!
Many congratulations binoym. Totally echo on the setting change to not see the fuel economy. It was on my mind too when I was making the decision to buy, so for the first couple of rides, I was conscious about it and after that I have learnt to brush it aside and enjoy the car for what it truly is!
Old 26th March 2022, 21:33   #658

Congratulations @binoym. Wish you super ownership of your super car..!

Could not stop sharing some photoshopped pictures for you to consider de-chroming the front grille and the wheels. I have been staring at these for a couple of days..!

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-1e19b7bf2a86481cb202025426ab078f_1_201_a1.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-507a628c650545a9a66e973b265d842f_1_201_a1.jpg
BoxBox is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 22:04   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
Thanks for sharing. Could this be relevant for Slavia/Kushaq?

Also, how did you come to know of this hack?
dsr001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 21:22   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr001 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Could this be relevant for Slavia/Kushaq?

Also, how did you come to know of this hack?
I don't think this is relevant to Slavia/Kushaq(They don't have slider for volume control and anyways they have dedicated temperature control).

Got to know from a car review video. Don't remember which one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks