Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2022, 21:41   #661
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Many congratulations! Glad to see another White L&K (I think Blue is dominant followed by Graphite (now) or Black).
Auto parking comes in handy a) assisting with tight parking b) Party tricks . for people who ask us is if the car is worth the price (not appreciating the whole package it is). I found another very useful feature that I did not realize the car was - auto-braking while trying to reverse park. Twice while I was parking, I was getting way too close to the obstacle, and the car just applied brakes and didn't let me move. Found this very useful.
The feature is called manoeuvre braking and is present in the last generation octavia too. It can be turned on and off from the infotainment system.
robby0707 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 22:47   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Remember the A4 that many BHPians bought at 39 lakhs OTR? Similar story.
Oh yes GTO. I had managed to get the A4 tech for 43 on road (with 5 year warranty) in 2021 for same 2021 model itself. Audi ain’t offering similar discounts now and the dealer to this date tells me I hit a jackpot ☺️
Alisiddiqui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 11:01   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBox View Post
Congratulations @binoym. Wish you super ownership of your super car..!

Could not stop sharing some photoshopped pictures for you to consider de-chroming the front grille and the wheels. I have been staring at these for a couple of days..!

Attachment 2288890

Attachment 2288891
This is a gorgeous modification. Really adds character. Any leads on how this can be achieved?

Update’s: I’ve taken the car out on the highway again. The three hour drive was a breeze. Waiting to hit 2500 kilometres and the engine break-in window. Already planning the next road trip.

My best friend who was looking at replacing his Octavia (This is his second), has proceeded to book the same spec, 2021 VIN, same/similar discount with JMD. He too had the white colour option only. So others looking for a similar deal, reach out to multiple dealerships.

Had an incident with the car on day five. We have a basement car park in the office. There is some repair work going on with metal rods and equipment being stored. I missed the judgement while turning the car to reverse into the car lift (absolutely hate car lifts) and one of these went into the front lower side of the bumper. It’s a minor crack (not scratch) and I will have to replace this soon. Although, this is tough to spot - I know its there and now I’m just looking at it every time I see the car. Arghh!
binoym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 20:45   #664
Senior - BHPian

It took me a little while after I took delivery, to realise that there is no USB input for the infotainment. For drives into rural areas 4G disappears along with the media from Android Auto, (especially from my Vodafone) without warning.

USB C OTG (got a 64GB SanDisk from Amazon) works perfectly fine and there you have all of your music (which can play in your basement as you clean the car too )
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220328_142618642.portrait.jpg

The left dial on the virtual cockpit is configured to 'now playing' track from the USB input while Android Auto on the main infotainment screen shows media (YouTube in this case, paused). Selecting and changing tracks from the USB input on the virtual cockpit using the scroll wheel, is much easier than from the main screen
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220328_142638257.jpg
GeeTee TSI is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:29   #665
BHPian

Has anyone tried the 3D Kagu mats for the current gen Octavia? My dealer says what is in stock is for the previous gen and won't fit the current gen.

https://3dmatsindia.com/product/skod...ar-floor-mats/

This is one of the best accessories i had on my Jetta and went a long way in maintaining the interiors well so looking to buy one as soon as i get my new car.
Old 1st April 2022, 14:34   #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
This is a gorgeous modification. Really adds character. Any leads on how this can be achieved?
I think a lot of the detailing studios might be able to help you with this if I am not wrong.

However, if you want to do it a DIY then I think there are various sprays and chemicals available like Plasti-dip etc.

Check these posts from other members and you would get an idea about the process.

1) https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5161705 (Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen))

2) https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...my-wheels.html (DIY: Plasti Dip coating on my wheels!)

3) https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...oating-18.html (Plasti Dip in India? A Spray-on Rubberized Coating...)

Hope this helps !
Old 1st April 2022, 14:37   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
Also do check this out :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4076729 (DIY: Plasti Dip coating on my wheels!)
Old 1st April 2022, 18:36   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Has anyone tried the 3D Kagu mats for the current gen Octavia? My dealer says what is in stock is for the previous gen and won't fit the current gen.

This is one of the best accessories i had on my Jetta and went a long way in maintaining the interiors well so looking to buy one as soon as i get my new car.
I checked with 3d mats India directly and they mentioned that the 3d mats are not available for the Current gen Octavia. For the time being, I settled for the ones that the dealer provided.
Old 2nd April 2022, 14:40   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Wow.. what an amazing deal..! Since Octavia is a decently selling car, I am unable to comprehend why should the factory have unsold inventory that too in white which is the most sought after color? 25L-30L is a sweet spot for many upwardly mobile customers. I would have surely gone for it if such a deal was available in Bangalore.
I have joined this forum recently and I too was offered a flat discount of 2.31 Lakhs on White Octavia L&K in Pune. This is an Oct 2021 manufactured car. The dealer also agreed that I can purchase insurance from a provider of my choice and requested to give them an option to provide a competitive quote.

They finally matched the price from Royal Sundaram by giving the Skoda Drive Assure Elite insurance package at 98.5K against the original quote of 1,76,566 resulting in another 78k of savings. Total discount of about 3.1 Lacs.

I took the leap of faith and bought the car in mid-Feb and was delivered to me on March 1st.
SSM98 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 17:10   #670
BHPian

Hi All,

It feels so good to be finally part of the community which I have been using as a non-member till now. Recently this forum has been extremely helpful in my car selection, all thanks to you guys.

Recently (last month) I have booked a Skoda Octavia L&K Lava Blue in Bangalore and I am desperately waiting for any information on delivery.

Wanted to check with you folks on standard waiting time for Octavia LnK in Bangalore. Also, what is the process to know the status other than from the dealership? They are saying it will take at least a month, which I am fine with but hoping that it does not take more time.

Any guidance would be helpful for my restless mind
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:26   #671
BHPian

Quote:

Skoda's all weather mats, comes in their accessories kit, for Octavia is top notch in quality.

Their edges are slightly elevated thus prevents the spilling of dust/ water. Not very thick and looks premium. The all weather mat over tunnel has a precise fit.

Their accessories kit is worth 16k, hoewever depending on the negotiation one can get it for free or max 10k. It includes mud flaps, cushions, body cover etc - high quality stuff
S.Vats is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:31   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Skoda's all weather mats, comes in their accessories kit, for Octavia is top notch in quality.

Their edges are slightly elevated thus prevents the spilling of dust/ water. Not very thick and looks premium. The all weather mat over tunnel has a precise fit.

Their accessories kit is worth 16k, hoewever depending on the negotiation one can get it for free or max 10k. It includes mud flaps, cushions, body cover etc - high quality stuff
Avoid the accessories kit. You would need only 1-2 items from the kit.

1. All weather mats (By default Textile mats are provided) These cost more than all weather mats.

2. Mudflaps (Mudflaps will scrape) pros & cons evaluate.

3. Car cover (Based on your parking needs) Purchase from 3rd party ( DuPont, TPH etc)

Try to put 1,2 in the deal or even at discounted price it’s a good one to pick. Most of the time dealers don’t stock it hence push the sales to get them prior to delivery. Takes a 1-2 weeks based on inventory availability.

My preference was 3D kagu too. I was the first one to try out & figured last gen will not fit the current one and reached out to the company. As the production happens in China, they would have to place bulk order and currently there is enough demand. Last generation mats are still lying with distributors.

One of the challenges with current gen Octavia is finding accessories. Even sun shades are impossible to find in the market.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 3rd April 2022 at 09:34.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 20:28   #673
BHPian

Quote:

I bought the below 7D mat from amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quality and fitting is good. But didn't like the quilted design. I got it for 5K.
Old 5th April 2022, 00:28   #674

What do you guys think will be a fair deal for a used Octavia(HR registered), 7-month-old, 4k driven. Almost new condition. Paid-up maintenance for 4 years. Dealer quoting 29L on an ad. Only spoke with him over call, yet to pay the dealership a visit and negotiate.
Old 5th April 2022, 10:13   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekvinayak View Post
What do you guys think will be a fair deal for a used Octavia(HR registered), 7-month-old, 4k driven. Almost new condition. Paid-up maintenance for 4 years. Dealer quoting 29L on an ad. Only spoke with him over call, yet to pay the dealership a visit and negotiate.
I think I may have seen this ad too on OLX, IIRC there was a lava blue colour listed there. Though 4k odo on a 7-month old car is like as good as new, but I would suggest checking with various dealer across Delhi/NCR (can recommend Ring Road Skoda) as you might get a lucrative deal for a relatively better ownership experience and then there is always a good feeling on getting a *new car*.

Also as we have seen with a couple of recent ownership messages in this thread, there is a chance of getting a good discount across a few regions in India and NCR will certainly one of them.
rahul1407 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks