Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 15:36   #706
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Congratulations Suvan! This car will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.
Thanks for the link, will be checking it out now. Even I am planning to get it ppf-ed.

I have also decided to get the entire car ppf-ed as soon as I get it from showroom. Will share photos once done. Hoping that the car looks little special as I am going for fashion ppf.
Old 20th April 2022, 15:48   #707
BHPian

Also read about fuel issues with the Kodiaq (if I am not wrong) where the BHPian had to drained out the entire fuel pump.

What is a good oil to use - Shell Normal vs Shell Vpower vs something called XP95 (not sure which brand it is).

Last edited by Aditya : 21st April 2022 at 05:09. Reason: Typos
suvan1988 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th April 2022, 22:17   #708

Finally got the delivery of my octy on 15th april from ring road skoda, gurgaon. The overall experience was super smooth, thanks to Abhishek.

How it started?

I switched my job and it was time to say bye bye to namma bengaluru after 14 long years and move to gurgaon. Did not want to take a KA registered car to a different state hence decided to sell of my baleno. I sold the car for 6.18L to Spinny after using the car for 5 years in bangalore and the odo reading was around 36k. Being a Spinny employee, got some favours as well in terms of the price quotation.

Cars considered -

1. Jeep Compass : My father owns the diesel manual back in my hometown so this was always a safe buy for me but later on after test driving the automatic, I was left disappointed. Rejected after two to three test drives. More over, I dislike it’s hard seats and jumpy suspension specially on bad roads.

2. Skoda Octavia - I have been following this thread day in day out to track ownership reviews of octavia. I ended up reading reviews by Omkar, GTO and Aditya hundreds of time
Guess what, I ended up buying this car even without test driving it and boy this car is a freak. The 30L approx i paid doesn’t bother me anymore, such is the greatness of this car.

Below are the pros and cons as per me. These may be helpful for people planning a purchase.

Pros :

1. The 2.0 TSI is something else. An extremely powerful engine which begs to be revved and revved hard. Guns and guts galore, nothing better and sweeter than the grunt of this marvellous engine.

2. Interiors are luxurious and of top notch quality. Wish the car had soft touch plastics at the back door as well.

3. The seats are extremely comfortable and finding the right driving setup is easy.

4. AC is extremely powerful and is serving me very well even in gurgaon heat.

5. If D or drive mode is so tempting, just switch to sports mode and what happens next is unimaginable at-least for me given I am coming from a car that is multiple segments below this car. I still remember that drive when by mistake I switched to sports mode and I am still smiling thinking about it as I type

6. Boot space is at 600L can accommodate N number of luggages.

7. Mileage - Surprisingly, the mileage has been good so far. I am getting around 10-11 km/l in city driving when driving sedately and around 7-8 when pushed hard. My limited short highway runs has shown mileage in 14-15 range and I am pretty sure it would go as high as 17-18 in longer highway runs. The fuel used was 91 octane fuel. The above results are based on the 800kms I have driven so far.

8. No issues with the ground clearance. I have taken it to worst of the roads and it got through them with ease. Need to test it with four people and boot full of luggages.

Cons -

1. Two spoke steering wheel - I somehow dislike this and can vary from person to person.

2. Light coloured interiors and seats need regular maintainance.

3. The style version has not so good sound system IMHO, it lacks depth. I am trying to figure out ways by which I can upgrade without putting warranty at risk. I have raised it to skoda and waiting for them to get back.

4. The infotainment system is very responsive but not that easy to use. There is certainly a learning curve. Skoda, please get back the physical knobs!!!

5. The floor mats given by skoda is a dust magnet. An upgrade is highly recommended. There are not many accessory options in the market for octavia 4th gen at the moment.

6. A sunroof would have surely added to the luxury quotient of the car.

I am planning a long trip soon and will write more on that later. Kindly excuse me if i was not able to articulate my thoughts properly.
raj.rokr is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 18:20   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvan1988 View Post
Also read about fuel issues with the Kodiaq (if I am not wrong) where the BHPian had to drained out the entire fuel pump.

What is a good oil to use - Shell Normal vs Shell Vpower vs something called XP95 (not sure which brand it is).
I am using XP95 from Indian Oil for my Octavia. Recommended fuel for Octavia is RON95.
Old 25th April 2022, 19:42   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.rokr View Post

The floor mats given by skoda is a dust magnet. An upgrade is highly recommended.
There are not many accessory options in the market for octavia 4th gen at the moment.
Since I got the stock rubber mats delivered late, made a trip to my hometown Calicut without mats (it is a plush but guilty feeling to be stepping on the felt mat)

Thanks to my uncle, a thoughtful gift of aftermarket mats found its way to the Octavia (sharing the link of source from where it was procured here )

For a lesser known brand (unlike a Kagu), the quality and fit of the mats have been outstanding; so much so that I have not bothered to try out the OE rubber mats as of yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220125_162730094.night.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220125_162614925.night.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220125_162544208.night.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220125_162328221.jpg  

GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 18:05   #711

I had a not so pleasant experience with the new Octavia yesterday. The car refused to start while returning from office. I switched off the car then restarted after 5 minutes. The car started without any issues but the “check engine lamp” (CEL) remained lit and refused to go away. The error code shown under the alerts section on the MySkoda app was P0148.
I spoke with the service advisor he told me that it may be a minor malfunction which should resolve on its own. He suggested to drive the car back home.
I had no issues on the drive back home which was about 27kms. However, when I restarted the car today the CEL again lit up. I decided not to take any chances and take the car to the workshop tomorrow.
Did anyone else face this issue? My car is less than 2 months old and run about 2450 kms.
SSM98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 18:49   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM98 View Post
The error code shown under the alerts section on the MySkoda app was P0148.
https://www.carobdcodes.com/skoda-p0...checksum.shtml

Sensor or pump failure ? Do take it to the service center and get it recorded. never take a sales advisors word for it. If something happens in the future, you have a record of the issue.

Last edited by SR-71 : 28th April 2022 at 18:56.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 17:33   #713

Sensor or pump failure ? Do take it to the service center and get it recorded. never take a sales advisors word for it. If something happens in the future, you have a record of the issue.[/quote]

Thank you!

Took the car to the service center and they ran the diagnostic checks. It turned out to be a false alarm by the sensor.
Old 30th April 2022, 13:46   #714
BHPian

What remap options do we have for the 2.0 TSI, looking for a reliable tuner who is good with post map service as well. It's for someone in my circle who recently acquired a Kodiaq 2.0 TSI
Old 30th April 2022, 14:46   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
What remap options do we have for the 2.0 TSI, looking for a reliable tuner who is good with post map service as well. It's for someone in my circle who recently acquired a Kodiaq 2.0 TSI
From what I have heard the ECUs of new 2 TSI engines are not yet unlocked. So your friend might have to wait.
Based on his location he can contact one of the good tuners in their Instagram pages, they will be able to give a better view.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:56   #716
BHPian

Quote:
I came across this Instagram post from Autopsycheindia.

Getting a brand new Kodiaq remapped is quite a big risk IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-8f10d243988d43fca4a77bb13e01e44f.jpeg  

akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 16:05   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
From what I have heard the ECUs of new 2 TSI engines are not yet unlocked. So your friend might have to wait.
Based on his location he can contact one of the good tuners in their Instagram pages, they will be able to give a better view.
Thanks Sunitkkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I came across this Instagram post from Autopsycheindia.

Getting a brand new Kodiaq remapped is quite a big risk IMO.
Thanks Akshay, I have forwarded the same to the owner. Many people have suggested not to go ahead with a remap but the owner concerned already owns a stage 2 Superb V6 and wants more power from the Kodiaq, he is okay with warranty getting void.
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 23:25   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sunitkkat

Thanks Akshay, I have forwarded the same to the owner. Many people have suggested not to go ahead with a remap but the owner concerned already owns a stage 2 Superb V6 and wants more power from the Kodiaq, he is okay with warranty getting void.
The kodiaq being remapped is having a TCU remap done, not an engine remap, since TVS is pro at the transmission remaps, I think autopsyche is referring to the same.
The 2L engine in these remains locked for all purposes for now, I think only APR has the stage 1 ready.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 01:10   #719

Can anyone recommend me a good car accessories shop in NCR region? I had a great experience with Sachin’s auto shop in Koramangala, Bangalore suggested by Team bhp members. I intend to install aftermarket speakers in my Octavia and expect a similar experience. TIA
Old 4th May 2022, 22:49   #720
BHPian

Hi BHP-ians, I am facing a strange issue. So I finally got my Octavia last week, and I must say, its been an exhilarating experience. I have got PPF applied, will share photos soon.

Now coming back to the problem. I recently purchased DDPAI Mini 5 dash camera. I had tested it at home, using standard mobile chargers (used multiple different chargers) and it works as expected. But when ever I am connecting it to any of the Octavia USB C ports (any one including the one given on the mirror), it is not getting switched on. I have tested it using multiple types of cables and chargers. THe result is same. It works everywhere except when I connect it to my car usb.

I have also tested car's USB Cs for voltage, current etc. using mobile application called an app called AccuBattery and it shows that car usb Cs are also working correctly. I can connect and charge my phone.

Has anyone else faced this issue. Is there any other alternative arrangement?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks