Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 08:39   #901
MPS

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
Hi there everyone
First of all a big thank you to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience on the forum, it has been a tremendous help.
I have certain doubts, what are your thoughts on them:
Hello there,
Hope I can clear your doubts since I own an Octavia too and am from Tricity.

1. No, the Octavia does not come with built in navigation so need do use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto only.

2. Yes, navigation can be displayed on the cluster but just basic directions. This is applicable while using Apple Maps on CarPlay and Google Maps on Android Auto.

3. Regarding Coating and PPF, you can get them done from Detailing Bull. They have their outlet in VR Punjab Mall, Mohali. They are very professional with their work and have got many cars detailed from them in my circle.

For further details feel free to get in touch.
MPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:10   #902
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone

The new Octavia being one of my shortlisted vehicles, I was wondering if there are any discounts being offered on the Octavia nowadays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Last I checked was a few months ago and there were none but I noticed their continously sliding sales and began to wonder if it has once again become a buyers market for the new Octavia : )

Thank you.
Old 19th July 2022, 14:08   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Hello everyone

The new Octavia being one of my shortlisted vehicles, I was wondering if there are any discounts being offered on the Octavia nowadays?

Thank you.
Hi,
If you read my Posts in this thread you will see that there are absolutely No discounts right now.
In Apr and I think until May we had Corporate discounts and Amex card offers going on.
But the corporate offers have all been withdrawn and the price has also been hiked from June.

You can check if Amex card offers are still running though.
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 14:31   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Hello everyone

Last I checked was a few months ago and there were none but I noticed their continously sliding sales and began to wonder if it has once again become a buyers market for the new Octavia : )

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Hi,
If you read my Posts in this thread you will see that there are absolutely No discounts right now.
In Apr and I think until May we had Corporate discounts and Amex card offers going on.
But the corporate offers have all been withdrawn and the price has also been hiked from June.

You can check if Amex card offers are still running though.
I seem to think otherwise. I had enquired and test-driven Octavia around a couple of weeks back and clearly told them it will take at least September to book mine.

Today, I have received 3 calls from 2 different dealerships with one clearly telling I will give a better deal than the quotation you have received from other dealerships.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 15:26   #905
BHPian

This thread is over a year old now, and a lot has changed I guess. Looking forward to reading a one-year ownership review, if you've written one, or on the way to writing one. Incidentally, Skoda has completely stopped selling cars with the 2.0 TSI engine here in Sweden. The currently available petrol options are 1.0 TSI, 1.5 TSI, and the mild hybrid versions of both of the aforementioned options. On the diesel front, there are 3 different 2.0 TDIs, a 150 BHP FWD, a 150 BHP 4WD, and a 200 BHP version. Another funny factoid from Sweden is that Skoda Sweden has now stopped offering sedans completely. There is as of today not a single sedan offered in Sweden, and I guess this is due to low popularity. They currently offer four kinds of Octavias; the Octavia RS, the Octavia iV, the Octavia G-Tec (the gas variant), and the standard Octavia, all of which are only offered as combi (station wagon). I drive a 2020 Octavia 1.0 TSI combi.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 17:11   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
I seem to think otherwise

Today, I have received 3 calls from 2 different dealerships with one clearly telling I will give a better deal than the quotation you have received from other dealerships.
Please check what discounts they are referring to.
It could be some Insurance amounts they play with.

My experience is based on discounts told to me during Booking in Apr Vs right now when I chase them for delivery they said No discounts are running from Skoda side currently, so whenever they deliver ( mostly after 4 months of waiting, expecting delivery in Aug) I will have to pay full amount.
Old 19th July 2022, 22:58   #907

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
This thread is over a year old now, and a lot has changed I guess. Looking forward to reading a one-year ownership review, if you've written one, or on the way to writing one. Incidentally, Skoda has completely stopped selling cars with the 2.0 TSI engine here in Sweden. The currently available petrol options are 1.0 TSI, 1.5 TSI, and the mild hybrid versions of both of the aforementioned options. On the diesel front, there are 3 different 2.0 TDIs, a 150 BHP FWD, a 150 BHP 4WD, and a 200 BHP version. Another funny factoid from Sweden is that Skoda Sweden has now stopped offering sedans completely. There is as of today not a single sedan offered in Sweden, and I guess this is due to low popularity. They currently offer four kinds of Octavias; the Octavia RS, the Octavia iV, the Octavia G-Tec (the gas variant), and the standard Octavia, all of which are only offered as combi (station wagon). I drive a 2020 Octavia 1.0 TSI combi.

Hi there, It’s quite interesting to see the situation in Sweden.
Your post has encouraged me to pen down some of my brainstorming regarding Octavia’s engine offering.
It’s peculiar to see that the 2.0 TSI isn’t offered in Sweden, but is in India. This actually makes sense for India in my opinion, because
1. The Audi A4 gets the exact same engine and so does the Superb , Kodaiq and Tiguan Allspace, and future models for Audi like the A3 and the Q3 will most probably receive the same. So it’s probably easier for the Skoda VW group to just bring in one imported engine unit for so many of their cars

2. The latest gen Octavia has taken a major price bump, and faces competition from SUVs which has always enjoyed more inclination for most buyers. Given how Octavia has gone down in India as a drivers car and enthusiasts car (even though it may be a family car in international markets), Skoda clearly had to equip it with an engine as good or better than the previous 1.8 TSI. And since the cars kerb weight has increased, price has increased, and the Octy faces even more fierce competition from SUVs, whilst itself being in a dwindling segment that has seen a cascading decline, it really gives it an edge. ( direct SUV competitor Jeep Compass gets a severely lethargic 1.4 )

3. In India people still value a cars image, robustness and respect on the basis of engine capacity. While the recent crop of 1.0 and 1.4 turbos from Hyundai-Kia group may have been a success, it’s limited to the price segment they exist in, 10-20 lakhs.
The Octavia exists not one but two segments above, and providing it with a 1.0 TSI or 1.5 TSI, would take away potential customers as soon as they hear it.

I’d end by saying there are purely my opinions, just my image of how the dynamics have played out. Being a recent Octavia owner myself I can confirm that the engine was amongst and actually the biggest draw for me. We had decided on Jeep Compass but one look at the brochure figures and one drive of the Octavia was enough to convince me to make those signatures without breaking a sweat.
sidhgoyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 23:44   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there, It’s quite interesting to see the situation in Sweden.
Your post has encouraged me to pen down some of my brainstorming regarding Octavia’s engine offering.
It’s peculiar to see that the 2.0 TSI isn’t offered in Sweden, but is in India.
In Sweden, we have extremely stringent congestion taxes, and the amount of tax is directly linked to the amount of CO2 emission per kilogram weight of the car. This is a big motivator for manufacturers to bring down emission values. The 1.0 and 1.5 L options have been extremely successful and those who like more power have the RS variant which is a 2.0 L TDI. Those who opt for this are those who prioritize lower ownership costs over power, I guess. Another thing to note is that the speed limits here are not very generous; the maximum speed allowed in any part of Sweden is just 120 km, and there's not much you can do, even with a much more powerful car anyway, when both you and the guy with the more powerful car both set the cruise control to 118 km/h and drive miles together, with a three second gap between each other.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 01:21   #909
BHPian

Quote:

3. In India people still value a cars image, robustness and respect on the basis of engine capacity. While the recent crop of 1.0 and 1.4 turbos from Hyundai-Kia group may have been a success, it’s limited to the price segment they exist in, 10-20 lakhs.
The Octavia exists not one but two segments above, and providing it with a 1.0 TSI or 1.5 TSI, would take away potential customers as soon as they hear it.
Exactly how the Audi A4 lost its competitiveness in the segment. There was a time when it only had the 1.4 TFSI engine only
robby0707 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:28   #910
BHPian

Hi friends, I need one suggestion from your past experience.

I bought my Octavia back in April last week. Initially I was very sure that I would buy the "standard" service maintenance package (SMP) which is for 4 years. It came at a cost of 45,000 if bought within first 34 days and then the cost becomes 50,000 from 35-335 days.

But when the time came to make purchase, I did my calculations and even the service center manager shared with me the a bill of existing customer of Octavia A7 (by hiding his personal details) for the 2nd service. And I noticed that the cost of servicing was almost same as mentioned in the Skoda website.

For the 4 years, it seems like the total cost of servicing will be marginally more than 50,000 assuming the following:
1st Year - 6,700
2nd Year - 14,000
3rd Year -12,000
4th Year - 22,000
-----------------------------------
Total - approximately 54,700

In both cases, the cost of consumables are to be paid separately. Now I agree that the service cost will probably increase over the next 4 years. However, my invested amount 50,000 will probably generate a return of 12-18% per year.

Now all my logic is dependent on the total cost of servicing as shown above. So wanted to understand from your all who have almost bought the car 1 year ago, or if you own Octavia A7, how realistic does the above cost table look like? Does the real service cost (purely the items mentioned in the SMP terms and conditions) match with the one mentioned in the Skoda website.

Need some help on this.
suvan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:39   #911
BHPian

Hi members, I am planning to get a Octavia style variant as a replacement for my 6 years old Polo GT TSI. Initially thought of getting the Slavia 1.5 TSI DSG, but the heart says Octavia. Don't know whether stretching the budget would be a wise decision.
I have talked to Skoda dealer in Bhubaneswar about discounts. They are telling me that presently there is Amex Card discount of 35000 and Exchange bonus of 35000. I am pressing for more discount.
They also told me that they are selling a L&K 16000km driven Octavia demo car for on road of 29 lacs.
I can also talk to dealers in Kolkata as West Bengal is my home state. I would like to have your valuable advice on this issue.
Old 21st July 2022, 18:08   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
They also told me that they are selling a L&K 16000km driven Octavia demo car for on road of 29 lacs.
Only one advise - Octavia is a great car, but stay away from that demo as 16k kms would have been driven really hard including the sales executives. And 29 lakhs is a high price too for the same.

Last edited by sunikkat : 21st July 2022 at 18:34.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:26   #913
BHPian

Thank you for your suggestion sunikkat. I am not considering the demo car. Let me see how much discount I can extract from them.
Old 21st July 2022, 18:36   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingNirvana View Post
The dealership is clearly taking advantage of the current situation. When I reached out to my company provided leasing agent, the Skoda premium twins of Octavia & Superb had the lowest buyback and highest EMI while it was the bang opposite for a Fortuner. This is indicative (not precise) of the resale value as assssed by the lessor. And the buy back value for the L&K was 4.5L + tax for a car that costs 37L OTR. So no 29L is a joke for a demo car. Dont touch it with a pole unless they are willing to shave off a good 10L from their current quote and throw in the 7 year warranty.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:53   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
The dealership is clearly taking advantage of the current situation. When I reached out to my company provided leasing agent, the Skoda premium twins of Octavia & Superb had the lowest buyback and highest EMI while it was the bang opposite for a Fortuner. This is indicative (not precise) of the resale value as assssed by the lessor. And the buy back value for the L&K was 4.5L + tax for a car that costs 37L OTR. So no 29L is a joke for a demo car. Dont touch it with a pole unless they are willing to shave off a good 10L from their current quote and throw in the 7 year warranty.
Yes, I am absolutely not touching it. I did not show the sales advisor any desparation. He told me that there is much fight among customers regarding the Octavia. I said in my mind that I am a Team-BHP member and I know the reality. I am already gambling many things like service and after sales with Skoda. Style variant costs here 31.7 on road. I am not signing the cheque unless they quote me a 2L discount on 31.7.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks