Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 12:48   #1066
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Faced this exact issue couple of times especially during driving in the night.
Yes, although we can get rid by using wipers and increasing the temperature, but it's a bit strange to see this in a Premium car like Octavia.
That's because air flow direction must have changed to windscreen vents position. The climate control works on programmed logic and depending on the set temperature and readings from other sensors, accordingly the system will select air flow direction. You can get around this by manually selecting air flow direction to face vents.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 17:27   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rahul

The noise exists with or without Auto hold. Thanks.
Get hooked to ODIS . Gear selector mechanism can also be a culprit. Has similar issue on my car .
Old 4th September 2022, 19:30   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I decided to get an original double sided boot mat for the Octavia (Part number 5E6 061 163). TAFE Access has been helpful in ordering this for me at my request (product is on backorder and I will share some pictures once received)
Quoting my earlier post, after a 6 week wait I finally got hold of the OE boot mat.
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_062757122.jpg

I understand this did not fit in a Rapid through which it was originally intended to be delivered home, however, TAFE were helpful in letting me pick it up from their service center on a public holiday (31st) by keeping it at the security.

Official import by Skoda
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_062436139.jpg

against a customer order mentioning the specific VIN as well
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_0625468932.jpg

Being double sided, the felt side can be used with the (velcro) boot seperators
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_062827142.jpg

Impeccable Skoda (global) quality in the seam stitching
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_063351219.night.jpg

and a thoughtful design with a lift up loop on both ends
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_125330410.night.jpg

resulting in a satisfying fit an OE product provides
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20220904_125241085.night.jpg
GeeTee TSI is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 01:08   #1069
BHPian

Took delivery of the Octavia on Friday and the car is an absolute pleasure ( driven around 200 km over the weekend).

However, I am facing a problem with the AC at night...There is severe fogging (external) of the windscreen when the ac is set to 22 or below in auto mode, when ambient temperature is 29-30. I tried all known ways - viz turning off recirculation, increasing blower speed etc but the problem persists till the temperature is raised to 24. The skoda manual recommends operating the ac at a temp no less than 5 degrees from the ambient- impractical in most Indian cities.

It appears to be some air flow directional setting that needs to be tweaked in my view. The dealership is clueless.

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Any tips on fixing will be helpful.
Cheers
Old 5th September 2022, 01:45   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post

However, I am facing a problem with the AC at night...There is severe fogging (external) of the windscreen when the ac is set to 22 or below in auto mode, when ambient temperature is 29-30. I tried all known ways - viz turning off recirculation, increasing blower speed etc but the problem persists till the temperature is raised to 24. The skoda manual recommends operating the ac at a temp no less than 5 degrees from the ambient- impractical in most Indian cities.

It appears to be some air flow directional setting that needs to be tweaked in my view. The dealership is clueless.

Cheers
You just need to manually select air flow direction to face vents. It would have changed to windscreen vents in auto mode, that's why the fogging. I mentioned the same a few posts back as someone else had the same issue.
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 07:46   #1071
BHPian

Need suggestion from L&K owners who recently bought the car. During my PDI last week, I discovered that the car's spare wheel is a donut tyre (R 18, 99 MM which is approx. half the width of the alloy wheels deployed in the car).

However, as per the brochure (attached) downloaded from Skoda Auto India website (https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/_doc/a6...8-f4d8741a7156) clearly mentions that spare wheel is of the specification - 205/60 R16, 92 H.

They seemed to have done this because the woofer fits in this wheel perfectly and doesn't fit in R16.

Surprisingly, the salesman was not aware either and now there are saying that this has been changed by Skoda but they missed updating the brochure.

I have complained to customer care along with a mail to Zac Hollis to no avail yet.

Let me know if any of you experienced the same and got a replacement.

Looking forward to some guidance from the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Congrats! its petrol after all and its not like a vintage whiskey matured in an oak barrel for decades and the regular fuel is not downright hooch! The only tip is DON’T WORRY. Škoda recommends minimum 95 RON petrol, with max 10% ethanol mix. You should fill up with XP95 when available. But don’t be afraid to top up in emergency with regular petrol at a reputed pump of good quality. The higher the octane number, better your car will perform, in terms of performance as well as fuel efficiency. I’m yet to try this out. I’ll probably treat myself on my birthday with a tank of power99 or xp100, till then I’m sticking to xp95.
Thanks @adi_petrolhead This is helpful.

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th September 2022 at 14:10. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 5th September 2022, 10:25   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
.. spare wheel is of the specification - 205/60 R16, 92 H.
Let me know if any of you experienced the same and got a replacement.
I thought the L&K always had a space-saver due to the subwoofer. It's definitely an error in printing the brochure. However, I personally feel Skoda will apologize and brush it off.

Again, what are you looking to replace from Skoda? A R16 will not fit because of the sub. You can always disconnect the latter and put in a R16 though.
Old 5th September 2022, 10:56   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I thought the L&K always had a space-saver due to the subwoofer. It's definitely an error in printing the brochure. However, I personally feel Skoda will apologize and brush it off.

Again, what are you looking to replace from Skoda? A R16 will not fit because of the sub. You can always disconnect the latter and put in a R16 though.
So should I go ahead and accept the donut tyre because that's what all are getting? My point is to validate if its Skoda's policy or dealer is doing some mischief.
Old 5th September 2022, 10:56   #1074

Got a call from Skoda dealer that bookings for Octavia are closing by the end of September! Also a price increase of 1Lakh INR is expected.
Im sort of skeptic that this information may or may not be true.

Also newer delivers of L&K (Delivery since August) doesn't have 11 speaker canton system, rather have the same 8 speaker system present in style

He also added that company is temporally pausing the models untill 2024 (Which relates to the previous communication about "discontinuation of Octy and Superb by 2023 April")

Have anyone received such confirmation from their local dealers?

Last edited by konguraajaa : 5th September 2022 at 11:13.
konguraajaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 12:24   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
So should I go ahead and accept the donut tyre because that's what all are getting?
Short answer is yes.

My sympathies but L&K always had a SST due to the circular sub. Check post #9 on this very thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-screenshot_20220905122050.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 5th September 2022 at 12:26.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:47   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konguraajaa View Post
Got a call from Skoda

Also newer delivers of L&K (Delivery since August) doesn't have 11 speaker canton system, rather have the same 8 speaker system present in style

Have anyone received such confirmation from their local dealers?
When you say newer deliveries from Aug, do you mean the ones manufactured in Aug ?

As far as I know, the ones manufactured until July, and delivered in Aug, do have the Canton speakers.

And if they are pausing the booking, then why the price increase, I am unable to relate that..
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 12:01   #1077

Quote:
When you say newer deliveries from Aug, do you mean the ones manufactured in Aug ?
Yeah, the August manufactured ones. I got this information from a dealer, upon crosschecking with other SA, they were clueless about this omission. Really surprised by the way things are communicated to the dealerships.

Quote:
And if they are pausing the booking, then why the price increase, I am unable to relate that..
Yeah, i had the same doubt! The dealer claimed the taxes are increasing , hence the price hike.

The latest brochure (August'22) downloaded from skoda site confirms it.

Name:  Screenshot 20220906 at 11.51.12 AM.png
Views: 866
Size:  30.1 KB

This is a bummer from Skoda IMO and the price difference between style and L&K doesn't justify with the current features offered.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ŠKODA-OCTAVIA Brochure-Aug-2022.pdf (2.99 MB, 5420 views)
konguraajaa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 13:37   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konguraajaa View Post
This is a bummer from Skoda IMO and the price difference between style and L&K doesn't justify with the current features offered.
Absolutely. I was willing to pay 1-1.5 just for the Canton system. Now I don't find the additional features worth the 3 Lakh difference. Parallel park is also something which one will never be able to use in NCR given how people park in the most apathetic manner. 6 airbags in the style variant seem sufficient especially if your car isn't going to be used majorly by more than 2 people.
It's just the electronic boot and the wireless charger which seem of value to me albeit not for 3 big ones.
Karan_n8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 15:42   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEssJi View Post
So for now, they have wet vacuumed the entire wet area and told me to park the car in direct sunlight for as long as possible. Hoping this issue goes away after that.
Any updates? Was the problem solved? I am facing a similar problem but instead of just one footwell, the full carpet feels damp. I even inspected the AC drain and applied silicone at AC drain so that water does not drain inside the car. I am not sure if the water is new or is it old and coming out now.
Old 6th September 2022, 16:12   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
Took delivery of the Octavia on Friday

Cheers
Congrats on the Octavia ownership
Yes, I had reported this issue, and Sidhgoyal as well.

For me it happened mostly during evening time when it's humid.
Seems to be a problem with Octavia manufactured in June or later ?
There was a remedy suggested in this forum, I am yet to try that.
mah45 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks