Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 16:08   #1126

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Another interesting bit to digest is that Canton supplies only the speakers/tweeters/sub to Skoda.
Now that the canton system is completely removed from Octavia citing semiconductor shortage
Old 1st October 2022, 16:14   #1127
BHPian

I’m seeing this foggy condensation on my left headlight.

Is this a concern and how to remedy this?

Name:  4E4C77B1B9244245B0C19CB41AAF6ECE.jpeg
Views: 965
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  319306A0BEA84EB5A6653A835B8D66EC.jpeg
Views: 953
Size:  76.1 KB

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th October 2022 at 11:55. Reason: Rotating pics and uploading
Old 1st October 2022, 17:31   #1128

[quote=T0TALITY;5413131]I’m seeing this foggy condensation on my left headlight[/quote[

Hi there, usually this happens when I travel to the hills when the outside temperature falls in a short period, I've seen it occur in my dad's BMW x1 several times and I do recall asking the dealer and they say it's normal for headlights to fog up on the inside spending on ambient conditions.

It's considered a problem only when the fogging is massive and disrupts the light beam strength or has watery liquid reside inside the headlight, which may denote some leakage or crack in the housing.
Keep a tag on the fogging it should clear up on its own

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th October 2022 at 11:56. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
Old 7th October 2022, 11:51   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konguraajaa View Post
Now that the canton system is completely removed from Octavia citing semiconductor shortage
Hi there,
I have a booking that might get a car alloted this month for delivery. How can we confirm this from a car that's been sent from factory?

Only physically check this when it comes down to showroom.

I am not paying 3 lakhs more if there is no canton system in L&K
Old 7th October 2022, 12:06   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmukunda View Post
The SA I was interacting with mentioned that the 11 speaker setup with the sub woofer in the boot is no longer coming in the L&K citing semiconductor shortage. But their TD car was older, it had the Canton system. The brochure on their website also now mentions only the 8 speaker system for both Style and L&K variants. This is disappointing for sure
Old 7th October 2022, 12:27   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
But their TD car was older, it had the Canton system. The brochure on their website also now mentions only the 8 speaker system for both Style and L&K variants. This is disappointing for sure
Exactly the TD car had canton, and the TD car had just 100km on it as the previous TD car met with accident and it was salvaged.

I downloaded the brochure from website, it has only 8 speaker, but the one SA shared has 11 speaker, and a difference i saw is myskoda connect details in new brochure. I would gladly take canton over connected car tech.

Now i have to check physically and hopefully not cancel, the 2.0 TSI is really lucrative to let go so easily.
Old 9th October 2022, 08:57   #1132

The canton system was sort of a highlight in the L&K. Am in the market for a new car and this coupled with the discontinuation of Octavia & Superb from Q2 2023 onwards is pushing me towards the Compass 4X4 S. Is it still wise to buy the Octavia in spite of these factors?
Old 9th October 2022, 11:08   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,
I have a booking that might get a car alloted this month for delivery. How can we confirm this from a car that's been sent from factory?

Having gone down the rabbit hole of aftermarket audio installs, would suggest that if you're an audiophile, there are much better soundstages/components available from premium audio equipment manufacturers who specialize in car audio.

Canton being a home audio part maker, does not specialize in car audio systems and therefore may not be an overly desirable aspect of the Octavia to begin with, atleast personally for me.

570W RMS output from 11 speakers/sub isn't extravagant. It is unknown if the head unit/amplifier/speakers are capable of processing Hi Res audio.

If the other differentiators of L&K aren't of interest, one would be better served to get the Style and utilize the saved funds towards upgrading that terribly laggy head unit and the speaker setup.

The build quality of the Octavia has the potential to become an incredible audio powerhouse.

What the Octavia has however is an amazing engine/GB/suspension (ride quality) combination that is it's USP. Which is available in the Style.

Last edited by GoBlue : 9th October 2022 at 11:16.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 11:48   #1134

The problem is Skoda voids warranty when you make aftermarket modification. Thats the only reason Canton is preferred than stock audio system.

Buying an expensive VAG piece with approx 40L tag without a warranty is something to concern.
Old 9th October 2022, 18:03   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
The canton system was sort of a highlight in the L&K. Am in the market for a new car and this coupled with the discontinuation of Octavia & Superb from Q2 2023 onwards is pushing me towards the Compass 4X4 S. Is it still wise to buy the Octavia in spite of these factors?
The clear advantage that Octavia has over Compass is engine and gearbox. So if that is not a deciding factor for you, then you could go for Compass. Else Octavia is still the best drivers cars for that money or more.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 19:40   #1136

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
The clear advantage that Octavia has over Compass is engine and gearbox. So if that is not a deciding factor for you, then you could go for Compass. Else Octavia is still the best drivers cars for that money or more.
Thank you for the feedback. I did test drive both cars today one after the other just to be fully convinced. For me, the Octavia is a clear choice. Its only the spare part availability / after-sales service after the production stop and omission of the canton speakers makes this a tricky decision.
Old 10th October 2022, 07:38   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
Thank you for the feedback. I did test drive both cars today one after the other just to be fully convinced. For me, the Octavia is a clear choice. Its only the spare part availability / after-sales service after the production stop and omission of the canton speakers makes this a tricky decision.
Well I cannot comment much on Canton speakers, as it will never be a decision factor for me. I am very happy with even 2016 MK3 stock speakers. I only upgraded to Android HU. So that’s something you need to decide, how much of a deal breaker it really is.

After sales in Bangalore has been stellar for me since 6 years. I don’t think you will have any issues with spares availability for atleast 7 to 8 years from Skoda dealers. Even my MK3 spares are easily available with Skoda. With Skoda and most of these other CKDs, there will be some delay in getting the spares. But the best part is Octavia is a high selling model in Europe and it’s easy to source spares from good FNGs. Infact, my contact in Bangalore gets good aftermarket parts faster than Skoda.

So my suggestion is go for Octavia if you like it. It’s a great car. Speakers can be upgraded to much better aftermarket ones once warranty is over. But it’s not the same with engine and gearbox.

Last edited by sunikkat : 10th October 2022 at 07:42.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 07:43   #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Well I cannot comment much on Canton speakers, as it will never be a decision factor for me. I am very happy with even 2016 MK3 stock speakers. I only upgraded to Android HU. So that’s something you need to decide, how much of a deal breaker it really is.

After sales in Bangalore has been stellar for me since 6 years. I don’t think you will have any issues with spares availability for atleast 7 to 8 years from Skoda dealers. Even my MK3 spares are easily available with Skoda. With Skoda and most of these other CKDs, there will be some delay in getting the spares. But the best part is Octavia is a high selling model in Europe and it’s easy to source spares from good FNGs. Infact, my contact in Bangalore gets good aftermarket parts faster than Skoda.

So my suggestion is go for Octavia if you like it. It’s a great car. Speakers can be upgraded to much better aftermarket ones once warranty is over. But it’s not the same with engine and gearbox.
Thank you. Really appreciate your input. Will post additional details in coming week/s.
Az_Dan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 09:22   #1139

I will be going ahead with my booking in the coming week, looking for any other member in Mumbai who might be interested to book it with JMD Skoda Kandivalli. Can negotiate together. Also, the sales representative (Sandeep) was really prompt and professional. He did also mention that our moderator, GTO, got his car from him. I could really use some help in negotiations (L&K). Thank you.
Old 11th October 2022, 17:00   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there,

I am considering the L&K too. Would you mind sharing if there are any discounts being offered for this.

I have spoken to a couple of dealers and there is not much they seem to be offering. I was offered a partly 10k dealer discount and an accessories pack worth around 15k

I thought people have got substantial discounts but I don't think those are available now.

Anyone who received a good discount recently can please PM me with the details.

Wanted to know if there is a substantial difference in the sound quality of the standard 8 speaker sound system and the Canton 11 speaker system.

Will be great if someone can provide firsthand experience and has listened to both.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th October 2022 at 10:32. Reason: back to back posts merged

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks