Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 18:52   #1246
BANNED

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
After googling around, These are the part # for the headlamps.

Style - 5E4941016

Attachment 2384769

L&K - 5E4941016A

Attachment 2384770

Going by the pictures, i see the mounts and Sockets identical for both, fingers crossed.
You can attach it, but it needs a lot of coding, sensors and then SWAP codes from VAG as well. And these lights will cost you at least 1.5 lacs for the cluster alone.
Might as well just get the L&K and keep your warranty as well.
agambhandari is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 22:40   #1247
BHPian

Hi @vagster,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
  • Style gets a standard LED headlamp, while L&K gets AFS. How is the lighting on both these variants, can we retrofit AFS on style , is it technically feasible?
  • Im hearing a common issue with 'Gear lever selector chip' being replaced under warranty by Skoda. Does the car get stalled when this issue occurs or is it drivable?
  • The sales person says "Skoda is stopping bookings from January", while i heard that Octavia and superb will be available until March '22
  • AFS in L&K variant works well, looks good and illuminates the road nicely and I have zero complains so far, it is definitely good to have. I haven't driven the style variant but considering comments from @neoonwheels, I feel like AFS makes a lot of difference.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
    1. I have Style variant and I miss the AFS most. The LEDs on Style are average at best and you need to keep the fogs on to illuminate the road better.
  • I haven't faced the Gear selector chip issue myself, but if is a known defect, newer vehicles should have the updated gear selector chip but who knows. I'll keep an eye out for this issue.
  • I was told by Skoda sales rep in October that they have stopped the booking for Octavia, and they only inform the prospective customers when the lot comes. In my experience Skoda representative are grossly under informed about their products and offerings. I would suggest talking to multiple dealers and confirming any information given to you by the sales rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
2. Style gets TPMS but it has no reading capability and would warn you only if the pressure drops abruptly.
When it comes to TPMS in L&K variant it's the same, it doesn't provide any pressure readings and just informs when the pressure drops.
I'm surprised to find out that the Style variant has any TPMS. Brochure indicates otherwise. Is it part of MY22 changes?

Sep. 2022 Octavia Brochure:
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-smartselect_20221128_223414_drive.jpg

Few other things you should consider, Alloy wheels in L&K will give you some room for tire upgrades without changing the rims in future; Electric tailgate, park assist & wireless charger might be a gimmick but it's great to have; better colour options.

Best of Luck!
pratyush369 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 23:58   #1248
BHPian

Some annoying things about the Octavia:
  • How does one hang-up phone calls using the steering wheel controls in Octavia? I eventually found it in Briskoda that first you have to press the right wheel, then scroll to the phone menu, then press the right arrow button on the right side of the wheel to get to the sub-menu, in which is a hang-up option. How complicated can a task as simple as hanging up a call can be, hats-off Skoda.
  • Skoda provides built in navigation across it's range, but Octavia is the only car without navigation even when Slavia gets it. I get that Google Maps/Apple Maps is available but when there is no internet (only GPS) then phone navigation is not very helpful, it's good to have a backup. Also no maps on virtual cockpit only directions.
  • There is a huge difference in sound quality when you play music using Bluetooth as media source when compared to Android Auto. The Bluetooth audio sounds way better than Android Auto. Not sure about Apple car play.

Octavia Owners please share your thoughts.
pratyush369 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 09:33   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush369 View Post
Hi @vagster,

When it comes to TPMS in L&K variant it's the same, it doesn't provide any pressure readings and just informs when the pressure drops.
I'm surprised to find out that the Style variant has any TPMS. Brochure indicates otherwise. Is it part of MY22 changes?
I was under same impression that its not available in Style but I can see that menu and can set the pressure. Mine is a Nov'21 manf Style variant so might be a MY22 variant. But its least of a worry as you get better alternatives in market which get integrated into Android Auto- HU
Old 5th December 2022, 10:11   #1250
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Any idea how can I import contacts from my mobile via android auto. All my contacts were visible (for incoming & outgoing calls) when I first connected my android auto via bluetooth however out of the blue contact list vanished and now I only get a number display and contact details on oncoming calls. I have tried to get them back by re-connecting but to no avail.

Any help appreciated.
Old 7th December 2022, 13:08   #1251

Anyone here still waiting till Jan for discounts? I was planning to but the sales guy has been pressurising saying allocations might stop from 15th dec. Was hoping to get a sweet deal since it’s getting discontinued but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Suggestions?
axay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 14:22   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axay View Post
Anyone here still waiting till Jan for discounts?
Im on the same boat. I enquired and it seems like bookings would run untill January end.

It looks like the dealers takes the details of the prospective buyers and plan the inventory in advance to ensure there is no spillovers like it was there for MY21 models.

Skoda is playing very safe with Octavia and superb by limiting the supply and keeping the demand to have the pricing power (Looking at the price hikes after MY21 units) .

However, there can be some units with dealers (From cancelled bookings) which can be bargained for a discount. I would recommend checking with multiple dealers.
vagster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 21:32   #1253
BHPian

Hi folks, I'd like to share a strange and jarring experience that I had with the manoeuvre braking feature yesterday. I was entering the basement parking of a mall, and all of a sudden the car came to a sudden stop. This was because the front proximity/parking sensors identified a rubber speed breaker on the ramp as an obstacle and engaged the maneuver brake suddenly. Luckily I was in single-digit speed and the jerk wasn't dangerous.

While the manoeuvre braking feature is very helpful, it also engages in certain conditions where it is not actually necessary. This is probably because of the angle of the car which makes the speed breaker seem like an obstacle. Have decided to disable this feature before entering a basement parking.

akshay_b is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 02:03   #1254
Jo2
BHPian

I am planning a longish drive with a full load ( havent had to do this in the past 1 year- 4 adults and luggage). We all know the recommended tyre pressure is a bit much. So keen to know what is the sweet spot for tyre pressure- both front and back from folks who have done this before pls. Rear tyre pressure on the manual says 50+ which I think is too high
Old 13th December 2022, 08:31   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
I am planning a longish drive with a full load ( havent had to do this in the past 1 year- 4 adults and luggage). We all know the recommended tyre pressure is a bit much. So keen to know what is the sweet spot for tyre pressure- both front and back from folks who have done this before pls. Rear tyre pressure on the manual says 50+ which I think is too high
Full load 34 has been the sweet spot for me. I’m usually on 32 PSI. Do note that I am running on the stock set up.
Endless.... is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 08:37   #1256
BHPian

Been itching to do 2 things.
1. Upgrade tyre and wheels. Really on the wall with this one. Finalized Lenso Jager Dyna rims. Haven’t looked at tyres yet. But 225 45 R17 seems too low a profile for the side wall. Any recommendations?
2. The speed chimes have become a nuisance I cannot ignore even after 10k kms. Talk about doing its intended purpose really well Nevertheless, it’s gotta go. Closing in on 2 people. Dr Code my VW and also considering Harmonixx tuning. Anyone has feedback on either of them?

TIA
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 09:32   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
I maintain 34-35 on all tyres with full load and never faced any issues of bounciness or bottoming out.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 13:55   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Been itching to do 2 things.
1. Upgrade tyre and wheels. Really on the wall with this one. Finalized Lenso Jager Dyna rims. Haven’t looked at tyres yet. But 225 45 R17 seems too low a profile for the side wall. Any recommendations?
2. The speed chimes have become a nuisance I cannot ignore even after 10k kms. Talk about doing its intended purpose really well Nevertheless, it’s gotta go. Closing in on 2 people. Dr Code my VW and also considering Harmonixx tuning. Anyone has feedback on either of them?

TIA
1. Right size is 225 50 R17 (Stock is 205 55 R17). There won't be any speedometer error (just 0.08% error)
2. I got mine done by Dr Code. They will ship the device to your address and code your car remotely.
denomathew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 13:59   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
1. Right size is 225 50 R17 (Stock is 205 55 R17). There won't be any speedometer error (just 0.08% error)
2. I got mine done by Dr Code. They will ship the device to your address and code your car remotely.
Thank you! On point 2, did you only remove the speed chimes or went on to add all of the additional features as well? They did mention that the cable needed is currently in blr itself. But I didn’t want to take a chance right now cos of an upcoming road trip. Will look them up after
Endless.... is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 15:04   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Thank you! On point 2, did you only remove the speed chimes or went on to add all of the additional features as well? They did mention that the cable needed is currently in blr itself. But I didn’t want to take a chance right now cos of an upcoming road trip. Will look them up after
I also changed the steering mode to dynamic(i prefer little heavier steering). Didn't enable other feature. Cable with laptop didn't work for me(skoda's server were down), so they sent me a bluetooth device to be connected to OBD port and coded using mobile app.
denomathew is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks