Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2022, 12:43   #1276
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
Finally, got the car home
Congratulations on the beast! Mind sharing the deals (offers) you received from the dealer ?
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 12:55   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
iPhone 13 made me realise that the hype is real. Music quality is at a different level now and my drives since then have become much more complete with amazing ride quality and awesome music
It's surprising how a change in the phone is affecting the sound quality so much. Especially, considering that the iPhone 12 isn't an old phone by any means. Apple throttling quality to make the phone feel old, perhaps?

Lately, I've felt that even though the sound quality is good, there's almost negligible bass. Do you feel the same? I've been through most of the audio settings, but I cannot figure it out. Or could it be an issue with the subwoofer in the back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
Finally, got the car home! Took ~1 month from booking to delivery. Still in two minds about getting any ceramic coating done (no PPF for sure). Do I need to run-in the car? and for how many kms? Am keeping it under 2k rpm but was told that it is not required. Appreciate any input. Thank you.
Congratulations on your new ride! I have the same colour as well and it indeed looks classy! Wish you many joyful kms on this one.

Although cars these days are advanced and the SA advised the same to me as well, old habits die hard. At the end of the day, the engine is new and a run-in could do no harm. I did mine for around 1500 kms and now have the satisfaction that I've done my part.

Last edited by S.Vats : 27th December 2022 at 13:07.
S.Vats is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 17:09   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Congratulations on the beast! Mind sharing the deals (offers) you received from the dealer ?
Thanks! I purchased insurance with all bells and whistles from outside & managed to save an easy 40-45k. Haggled a lot and got an additional 40k discount, that was pretty much it. I did opt for the extended warranty and maintenance package. Am told that the prices will be revised in Jan which I reckon might be possible (with everything that's happening in the EU) but take it with a pinch of salt. Cheers.
Az_Dan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 02:00   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
It's surprising how a change in the phone is affecting the sound quality so much. Especially, considering that the iPhone 12 isn't an old phone by any means. Apple throttling quality to make the phone feel old, perhaps?

Lately, I've felt that even though the sound quality is good, there's almost negligible bass. Do you feel the same? I've been through most of the audio settings, but I cannot figure it out. Or could it be an issue with the subwoofer in the back?
I wouldn’t say negligible but bass is controlled. I somehow feel the mix is right in Rock mode with well controlled optimum output. I just love the mix with my phone upgrade. The bass output is well experienced in backseats than driver/passenger seats, although I hardly take backseats. Give it a shot in backseat to see if there’s any issue with subwoofer.
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 07:43   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
I got it done via Autopsyche Delhi. You can either get it done by them or "Dr code my vw" through instagram. I think both are using similar tools for the job.
Will this cause any warranty issues since you are fooling around with the software?
Old 28th December 2022, 12:44   #1281

Hi guys,

Have been a member for a long time and have read so many posts. Thank you all the admins for the awesome work.

Just sharing my experience buying a Skoda Octavia at a dealership (almost). Called them up for TD. The car was in the workshop because someone crashed it.

Finally got a TD after 15 days. Really liked the car except for few lacking things which I am ok to live with.

I owned an Octavia TDI in 2005 and a Laura L&K in 2008. So I am a Skoda fan. Yes, the build quality I have experienced, is awesome and long-lasting. Right now I have a 2015 VW Jetta TDI Highline.

Coming back to the point, I showed interest in buying the Skoda. The guys came to my workplace, took Rs. 50k as booking amount, clicked pics and asked me to send an email stating that they can go ahead with the DAN and I will not cancel the booking. This was done on the last day of October at 11 pm. The SA told me that as the server was down, he was unable to do the DAN.

In the coming week, they followed up with me for payment modes. I was too busy with my work. On Saturday morning (10th December), the SA called me and asked me to transfer 2 lakhs. I told him I will be doing it in the coming week after discussing with my CA whether to pay in lumpsum or by EMIs.

So he requested me to send an email mentioning the same at 10.30 am. I didn't send it. At 1.30 pm, he texted me saying the car has been sold and there was no need to send the email. Until now, I was under the assumption that the DAN had been done by them and I would be able to take delivery of the vehicle on 1st January, which I had clearly discussed with the SA prior to that. 1st January is a Sunday. I would take the delivery on that day and register the car the next day.

Now they are saying no more cars are available and the CEO of the dealership said its just business and as the DAN wasn't done, they could sell the car to anyone.

What's happening? Am I missing something here been a while I bought a new car?

It's annoying.

Please shed some light on this. Thank you in advance.

What to do now?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th December 2022 at 18:45. Reason: Edited for better readability
ajrage is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th December 2022, 16:54   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randamoozham View Post
Will this cause any warranty issues since you are fooling around with the software?
Well technically you are tampering with the OEM software. With that being said, you are turning off few acoustic sounds which are definitely for a purpose but their presence or rather lack of it is not changing the overall functioning of the car. So in an ideal case, when you are not changing critical software bits, warranty shouldn't be an issue. My car was serviced after this change and I didn't hear anything from SA during scan. However, if you are too critical about warranty issues and yet want these to be disabled, I would suggest reverting to original settings before planned visits to service centre and get them reinstated later. Though honestly, it isn't worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrage View Post
On Saturday morning (10th December), the SA called me and asked me to transfer 2 lakhs. I told him I will be doing it in the coming week after discussing with my CA whether to pay in lumpsum or by EMIs.

So he requested me to send an email mentioning the same at 10.30 am. I didn't send it. At 1.30 pm, he texted me saying the car has been sold and there was no need to send the email. Until now, I was under the assumption that the DAN had been done by them and I would be able to take delivery of the vehicle on 1st January, which I had clearly discussed with the SA prior to that. 1st January is a Sunday. I would take the delivery on that day and register the car the next day.

Now they are saying no more cars are available and the CEO of the dealership said it's just business and as the DAN wasn't done, they could sell the car to anyone.

What's happening? Am I missing something here been a while I bought a new car?

It's annoying.

Please shed some light on this. Thank you in advance.

What to do now?
With all due respect, I see the series of events happening purely due to lack of communication. For instance, you should have followed up until the booking is formally received. Then as you had mentioned, the SA did follow up with you on certain occasions whether it is about sending an email showing your formal intent or making some advances (although when I bought my car, I first did PDI and then proceeded with DP and loan disbursement) but due to lack of any steps taken from your side in this regard, the dealer must have sensed some risk wrt to holding an unsold inventory and somebody else whose payment seemed more lucrative would have got the deal.

By the way, how did you make the payment for booking amount?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th December 2022 at 18:46. Reason: Quoted post edited
rahul1407 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 20:56   #1283

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Well technically you are .

By the way, how did you make the payment for booking amount?
I can understand selling off but he very well knows my profile (not to brag) secondly if he wanted to sell off he should have communicated yes I didn't follow up with him because I was caught up with work

Few things I want to know why he didn't make the DAN upon asking he said the month was over so that sounded convenient anyhow

I made the payment by gpay 50k

Can you please let me know few things to lookout for before hand now I am not sure is buying the octavia worth it anymore as many cars are coming along
Old 30th December 2022, 00:08   #1284

How do you keep the interior clean , especially the beige suede linings on the seat and doors , what do you use for cleaning ?
Old 30th December 2022, 12:32   #1285
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo273 View Post
How do you keep the interior clean , especially the beige suede linings on the seat and doors , what do you use for cleaning ?
I ordered this brush in Amazon which can be used on suede surfaces. This has helped me in general upkeep. I recently ended up with a tough stain - regular shampoo and this brush did a fantastic job in restoring back to 100% normalcy.
rsk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 20:13   #1286
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine is being offered a pre-owned 2021 Octavia L&K with 17K kilometers on the odo for 27.5 lakhs. It is August 2021 manufactured ( probably one of the first few batches produced as the car was only launched in June/July last year) and single (private party) owner car, not a dealership test drive vehicle. Do folks here think this is a good price? Also any watch-outs in the early batches (recalls etc). Car seems clean.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:07   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo2 View Post
With the realisation that I'll never need the felt mats anymore, I am looking to re-sell them. Please DM me if anyone's interested in getting n unused mat at a bargain.

Also if anyone has recommendations for a rubber boot mat supplier, please let me know.
Enquired for the same at the dealer here and was told 'not available'
I'm currently using the felt mats as boot mats in my Octy

Our member GeeTee_TSI had ordered the rubber boot mat through a dealer in Bangalore. Here's the post. Your dealer should be able to place an order for this part, if not get in touch with TAFE Bangalore.

Last edited by akshay_b : 3rd January 2023 at 12:21.
akshay_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:50   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
If you have made payment to the dealer's account then you can try putting some pressure on them to get another car allocated to you, however I am not sure how viable would that be without a booking confirmation. Else you can check with other dealers in/around your location if you are still too keen on the octavia. Even with speculations of this being discontinued along with some feature deletion from L&K trim, I still personally find it to be a great VFM purchase overall without having to spend those extra big ones.
Old 3rd January 2023, 13:41   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post

Congratulations on your new ride! I have the same colour as well and it indeed looks classy! Wish you many joyful kms on this one.

Although cars these days are advanced and the SA advised the same to me as well, old habits die hard. At the end of the day, the engine is new and a run-in could do no harm. I did mine for around 1500 kms and now have the satisfaction that I've done my part.
Hi,

Attaching the sound settings i have done on my Canton. For over a year this for me has been the most wholesome and immersive sound settings... Try it out. Also, if u prefer the music with rear bias, better to set the fader a little towards the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230103_130426.jpg  

Amrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 06:29   #1290

Quote:
I can understand selling off but he very well knows my profile (not to brag) secondly if he wanted to sell off he should have communicated yes I didn't follow up with him because I was caught up with work

Few things I want to know why he didn't make the DAN upon asking he said the month was over so that sounded convenient anyhow

Can you please let me know few things to lookout for before hand now I am not sure is buying the octavia worth it anymore as many cars are coming along

So I have approached another dealer near my location let's see how that goes

But I did like some help from you guys regarding a hard choice I am finding difficult to make

Skoda octavia 2.0 tsi l n k or
(TDed it loved it)

Hyundai Tucson 2.0 diesel signature AT ( not looking for awd) doesn't make sense for me
(TD not possible due to unavailability have requested the same but did have a look it was good)

Also redirect me in the forum where people can help me better with this choice if not here

Have consumed atleast 10 videos each for both the cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks