Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 02:58   #1291
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrage View Post
Also redirect me in the forum where people can help me better with this choice if not here

Have consumed atleast 10 videos each for both the cars
I can feel you brother. But believe me, no video can do justice to the fun you get while driving Octavia whether it is zooming across tight traffic or cruising on the highways at triple digits.

You can, and you should test drive all cars in the market, and I mean all cars. Below 40 lakh on road (considering bangalore pricing). Octavia is the best car. Period. It punches at least 2 level above its price point, its nearest competitor is Audi A4. Do not be swayed with fancy features, you will barely use it, as per me few features which are extremely helpful are:

1. Auto dimming mirrors (only rear view and right side, I wish all three were dimming)
2. Auto levelling headlamp with awesome power (only LnK)
3. Cruise control (sometimes I wish for adaptive cruise control)

Thats it. People say other Adas functionalities are not so useful. So not sure if considering those as a feature in Tuscon would be a wise thing.

The engine, gearbox and steering is super refined in octavia, I almost always use only 2 fingers to drive, and one finger to turn in most cases. Drive it again at last after test driving all cars.

Cheers!

Last edited by suvan1988 : 6th January 2023 at 03:00.
suvan1988 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 12:12   #1292
BHPian

The Owner's Manual says 7.3 Seconds!

Additionally, with BSR tuning this car can be tuned to 280 BHP and 420 NM.

I have used BSR tuning on my Superb 1.8 TSI for 7 years- (power up to 215 BHP from 155 BHP and Torque up to 320 NM from 250 NM). I will be tuning my Octavia 2.0 Style soon.

BTW, I got a mileage of 16+ during our trip to Goa and back (to Mumbai). But city mileage is bad- 7-8 kmpl.
Capt. Shyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 10:17   #1293
BHPian

Hi
Everybody.
So despite a budget of 30/40 lacs I am unable to decide on a car.
Thinking of searching out a Octavia style and just buying it.
There’s no other alternative and nothing on the anvil either.
Should I go for it ?
Old 12th January 2023, 12:14   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
If you have a budget of 40 Lakh why not try to get a Kodiaq Sportline?
Old 12th January 2023, 17:49   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Everybody.
Thinking of searching out a Octavia style and just buying it.
There’s no other alternative and nothing on the anvil either.
Should I go for it ?
I'm assuming you want a sedan. for the 40-45L budget I really like the new 2 Series. There are a couple of demo options available in NCR too.
Old 12th January 2023, 18:37   #1296
BHPian

Thanks. Yes the 2 is on my radar especially since the 3 has become so much more expensive now. But even for the 2 I need to really stretch my budget!

Last edited by manson : 12th January 2023 at 19:04.
Old 13th January 2023, 10:23   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes the 2 is on my radar especially since the 3 has become so much more expensive now. But even for the 2 I need to really stretch my budget!
Some negatives I felt with 2 series:
1. ride is very stiff, its tuned for sporty handling. Its very uncomfortable for long drive.
2. Seating is very low both in the front and back. Not good for long drive.
3. Very small boot space.

3 series is always worth the extra we pay. Else checkout superb sportline.
Old 13th January 2023, 10:30   #1298
BHPian

Heart Says Octavia and Mind says Tiguan

I am conformable with GC of Octavia (137 / 104 mm), but still Tiguan scores an edge with AWD, GC as the approach angle of octavia with its low GC could be an issue (My Speculation) with Ramps and Unpaved roads.

I have requested for another TD before making my mind.

Meanwhile, Owners can you please share your GC owes with Octavia with 4 on board? Does it really perform well Especially on the below.
  • Approach Ramps (Parking ramps, Concrete Ramps for sewage crossing at the streets)
  • Poorly laid Speed breakers in Rural roads
  • Hills , Narrow Hairpin bends

I guess i am nitpicking, but this is going to be my primary vehicle for long trips replacing Polo and i am already stretching my budget. So I am expecting it to meet atleast 80% of roads what Polo did it since 2013.
Old 13th January 2023, 11:43   #1299
BHPian

I am thinking of just buying the Octavia - Style. Lava blue

Time to bite the bullet.

And hopefully the Jimny for some more pleasure for my soul - in a bit
pinnaclecap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 15:55   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Meanwhile, Owners can you please share your GC owes with Octavia with 4 on board?
Even though the on-paper GC mentioned is very low, in reality, that lowest point is right behind the rear wheel. So essentially, the wheel will never let it touch the ground.
Unless you drive the Octy like an SUV over bad roads, you'll have absolutely no problem even with a full load.
S.Vats is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 16:30   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Meanwhile, Owners can you please share your GC owes with Octavia with 4 on board? Does it really perform well Especially on the below.
I have driven for +15K KM and never scrapped the underbody of the car. Even on the bad speed breaker, never had to take the car in an angle(just taking it slow is enough). Even with 5 people and luggage didn't have any problem.
denomathew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 19:08   #1302
BHPian

I am in the process of buying replacing my lemon 2019 Harrier XZ. I already sold my Harrier. While I am an enthusiast, looking for an appropriate replacement (SUV), I used this opportunity to TD the Octavia.

The reasons why I tried this at the first place are as follows
1. It is a sparingly used demo car for sale - Only 6K done for the entire demo period. It is a 2021 model, 6K done, white, L&K.
2. Another reason is that, though I have extensively driven Mercs (C, E, S, ML, GLS, SLK, C63AMG) during my working stint with Mercedes (13 years back), I've never driven this poor man's Audi A4, which now is also something I can afford.

Positive observations
1. It's an absolute driver's delight. No wonder it is the best enthusiast car below 50L. I was so much impressed like there is no tomorrow.
2. Size-wise, it is sufficient enough for 5 adults.
3. Being a CKD, the quality of materials used are top notch for that price. Nothing better than this in terms of build quality, finesse, fit & finish.
4. It's a head turner for me in terms of looks.
5. Boot space is sufficient for most of the cases.
6. DQ381 is way better in terms of reliability than a DQ200.

Negative observations
1. GC with full load. GC is not an issue with 2 pax on board with slight luggage. But I wonder what will be the GC will 5 on-board with full luggage.
2. Feature list - even though this is not a negative since I am not a gizmo person, as per market standards it lacks many features for this price like ventilated seats, 360 camera, sunroof, auto start/stop, etc.
3. Mileage. Being a 2L petrol DSG, I assume that the mileage will be in single digit in the city limits and around 12-14 on the highways.
4. Being a CKD, I understand that the cost of maintenance will be twice than that of Harrier. Even if I opt for the 4 + 2 years warranty and 4 years service package, I assume that I will still end up paying twice the cost.

My mind says skip it because it's a 2 year old demo car but heart yearns for it since it is an Octavia

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 13th January 2023 at 19:30.
Old 13th January 2023, 19:48   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I am in the process of buying replacing my lemon 2019 Harrier XZ. I already sold my Harrier. While I am an enthusiast, looking for an appropriate replacement (SUV), I used this opportunity to TD the Octavia.

The reasons why I tried this at the first place are as follows
1. It is a sparingly used demo car for sale - Only 6K done for the entire demo period. It is a 2021 model, 6K done, white, L&K.
You have been through a lot with the Harrier. One question, did you enjoy it looking back at it now and want to give it another go?

There is nothing called a sparingly used demo car to be honest. It must have seen enough abuse because it can be abused. 6k on TD vehicles is like north of 20k in real world conditions and sometimes more when it comes to performance sedans. I would suggest you tell your heart no more and go elsewhere where your brain treads. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 21:49   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
My mind says skip it because it's a 2 year old demo car but heart yearns for it since it is an Octavia
I would say go for a brand new Style variant which would save you 3-4L against a LnK. The only feature worth in LnK are the AFS projector LEDs but apart from that, there is nothing serious that the Style variant lacks. demo cars are abused by different kind of people and its always good to stay away from them unless you are getting a mouth watering deal and ready to take risk. Given your experience with Harrier, I would say, buy a brand new Style than used LnK.
neoonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 09:10   #1305
BHPian

It would be misleading to say that Octavia never scrapes on the bumps; it does, especially when it's full of occupants, no matter the speed.

From an Octavia owner with 71K km on the ODO.
shahbaz63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed