Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 16:50   #1321
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
Have paid an amount of 5 Lakhs Towards the booking amount of the L&k and done all the required paperwork.
Congrats on your booking!

Mind sharing any discounts offered by the dealer?
Old 25th January 2023, 17:31   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Congrats on your booking!

Mind sharing any discounts offered by the dealer?
Hello Vagster, Thank you.

Got a Discount of about 1 lakh.

33000 Loyalty as wife has a Taigun Which we bought 6 months ago and the dealer discount was 68000.

No other freebies offered.

Cheers and all the best.
Sahil

Last edited by sahilm : 25th January 2023 at 17:34.
Old 25th January 2023, 18:44   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Vagster, Thank you.

Got a Discount of about 1 lakh.

33000 Loyalty as wife has a Taigun Which we bought 6 months ago and the dealer discount was 68000.

No other freebies offered.

Cheers and all the best.
Sahil
To save more, get the insurance from the outside & ask them to match it.
shahbaz63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 19:40   #1324
BHPian

Is Skoda offering extended warranty and SVP on the Octy? If yes, for how much?
Old 26th January 2023, 12:11   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Is Skoda offering extended warranty and SVP on the Octy? If yes, for how much?
Hello,

1) Extended warranty for the Style version and the L&k is For 80999/-
2) Svp for the Style version and the L&k is For 44999/-

Cheers and best wishes.
Sahil
sahilm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 13:21   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
1) Extended warranty for the Style version and the L&k is For 80999/-
2) Svp for the Style version and the L&k is For 44999/-
Thanks! And this is for how long each?
Old 26th January 2023, 14:36   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! And this is for how long each?
Extended warranty is for 2 more years ie: 4+2.
Svp is for 4 years / 100.000 Kms .
sahilm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 12:55   #1328

Quote:
Dear all,

I am finally taking a test drive of the Octavia L&K tomorrow and am looking forward to it with high expectations. My only concern (besides anything else that you all suggest that I should check tomorrow) is the air-conditioning of the car! How good is it? Anyone from Delhi NCR or similar regions where temperatures touch 45C+, I would highly appreciate your inputs, please.

The A/C of the Honda City I drive chills the car well enough even in the back seat in peak summers, so I am hoping that the Octavia also does the same or better!
Just wanted to be sure about this. My choice is Octavia L&K.
Thanking you in advance.
Hi I here !
I purchased an Octavia L&K last year in July. I drove the Octavia every day in the morning to college, and back in the afternoon/evening. Typically spent 1/2 one way in the city.
Car is parked mostly outside in direct sunlight.
Chandigarh may not have amongst the most sweltering of climates, but it does get pretty hot and humid in July-September.
(In fact, one of the main reasons I declined the jeep compass was substandard A/C cooling. The best it could do was keep the cabin lukewarm even on full blast.)

Never once did I feel the lack of A/C cooling or ventilation during my ownership of the Octavia , and I am amongst the people who feel the heat more than normal, I even use A/C in winters because I feel stuffy and hot in a car.
What’s more, initially I was sceptical about the touchscreen display and adjusting fan speed via the screen. Yes it is tricky to use it on the go, but the good news is you just need to keep the system on Auto, and set your desired temperature, the system is very good at optimising fan speed accordingly. I barely ever need to adjust fan speed manually myself
And even on maximal fan speeds, the Octavia's airflow is well optimised and doesn't sound like a jet turbine.
And like fellow BHPian mentioned, the suede seats are extremely comfortable at keeping you sweat free.
Some people might say because the centre AC vents are positioned lower down, you won’t get direct cooling on your face. While that is partly true, you won’t feel the lack of cooling. Driver side vent manages subtle flow to head area and windscreen vents also help cool air top down.
In fact the Octavia has such powerful windscreen air vents, that my front windshield starts frosting up from the inside, in PEAK SUMMERS !
Cooling the cabin top down is very thermodynamiclly efficient since hot air rises up and cold air travels downwards by convection. So the overly powerful windscreen vents make perfect sense.

Furthermore, there is no car below the 3 series that is as good as the Octavia (personally). The A4 costs significantly more, and except for badge value, gets not much more. Rather actually misses on some essential features (personally) like diamond cut alloy wheels. Wireless CarPlay, electric tailgate, and a whopping canton sound system (which unfortunately won’t be coming in newer manufactured units of the Octavia as I’ve come to discover on the forum)

Cheers and best of luck ! You made an apt choice, feel free to ask anything about the car, I’m sure Octavia owners like me will be overjoyed to give minsicle details about anything and everything
sidhgoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 13:58   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
Cheers and best of luck ! You made an apt choice, feel free to ask anything about the car, I’m sure Octavia owners like me will be overjoyed to give minsicle details about anything and everything
Dear SidhGoyal, Hello.

Thank you very much for your valuable input regarding the air-con of the car. I highly appreciate it and you have put my mind to rest regarding my concerns about the same.

I would, additionally, be getting 3M Sunfilm put on the car. I think it's called CR-70. I have it on the other 3 cars in the house and it really does work wonders in the hot and hellish Delhi summers.

Not having a 12-speaker Canton speaker is a bummer. That being said, the test drive car that came was an older version and had the 12-speaker setup.

To be honest, I didn't care much for that either. I am looking at the following setup once I get the car.

1) Speakers: Hybrid 62 For the rear and Hybrid 63 for the front.

https://supreme-india.com/index.php?...y&path=291_294

2) Amp:Mosconi Gladen pico.

https://theaudio.co/products/mosconi...gaAm4mEALw_wcB

3) I am still undecided about the subwoofer at the moment though.

Thanks again.

Sahil

Last edited by Aditya : 27th January 2023 at 16:26. Reason: Punctuation, typos, spacing, quote tags, etc.
sahilm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th January 2023, 15:38   #1330
BHPian

Few questions while I evaluate the Octavia (a dream car and one that's sadly on its way out ) -
  • Is regular petrol detrimental to the 2.0 TSI? Is it almost necessary to stick to RON95?
  • I see on the brochure that there are no USB ports for rear passengers on the Style variant. Can someone confirm?
  • Is the CarPlay on the infotainment wired/wireless on the Style?
  • Is warranty extendable only till the 6th year, or beyond?
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 15:44   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few questions while I evaluate the Octavia (a dream car and one that's sadly on its way out ) -
  • Is regular petrol detrimental to the 2.0 TSI? Is it almost necessary to stick to RON95?
  • I see on the brochure that there are no USB ports for rear passengers on the Style variant. Can someone confirm?
  • Is the CarPlay on the infotainment wired/wireless on the Style?
  • Is warranty extendable only till the 6th year, or beyond?
1. I used normal petrol for like 60% of the 10K KMs so far without any issues. However, since some time now, I am sticking to XP95
2. There are no USB ports at rear side in Style. You get 2 Type C ports near center console at front
3. I use Android Auto and it works wirelessly. I am sure CP is wireless as well
4. I have 4+2 warranty. 7th year ext warranty was not on sale when I bought the car - Jun'22
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 15:54   #1332
BHPian

Quote:

Not having a 12 speaker canton speaker is a bummer, that being said - The test drive car that came was an older version and did have the 12 speaker setup.

Tbh, I didn't care much for that Either, I am looking at the following setup once i get the car.
Hello Sahil!

I was on the same boat as you (Canton removal is a huge bummer for me factoring in the Price Difference between Style and L&K)

You can however get Canton system retrofitted. I enquired 'Germandna' and 'Vag master' (They procure OEM parts) and you can have them installed. I was quoted 1.5Lakh.

I reckon the L&K now comes with the same speaker slots (11 speaker slot). Just that three speakers are not installed and there is a provision for AMP under the seat, just that is is not installed. So this would be a pretty straight forward install.

This would save warranty on the car as VAG cars are notorious for any aftermarket modifications and Skoda will easily deny electrical warranty once found.

I see you are from Delhi. These people can ship them to your place and guide the installation.

Further, if you still go for an aftermarket setup, go with a reputed installer and use suitable Harness that would not cut any of the wires in the car.

Note : I am yet to receive my car as well to test this out but this is what i have as an alternate in my mind. Also, i am not affiliated to the outlets mentioned above.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th January 2023 at 16:31. Reason: Quote content trimmed
vagster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 02:06   #1333
BHPian

I am actively thinking (and confused) about getting, either a used 2019+ 1.8 TSI or the new 2.0 TSI. Its going to replace my current daily driver, so there are a number of things I'd like it to do. There are pros and cons to each,
- I can immediately get aftermarket exhaust (+ map for crackle overruns) in the 1.8. My current daily has an aftermarket (chinese) end can and I like loud cars.
- I wouldn't have to worry a lot about voiding warranties in a 1.8

The 2.0, however, is beautiful. And the interiors are epic. I'd love to daily it. Plus, it has all the creature comforts one can want today. Wireless CP (important for me), plush interiors, nice crisp and large touchscreen infotainment, nicer new steering wheel etc. But it comes with its own share of problems too, mainly how VAG is so strict with its warranties.

I hate the rims on the L&K, and would definitely like to change them, but that'd void warranty for the TPMS. I'd like to go for Michelin PS4s but I cannot. I am not sure how long I'd be able to control myself from voiding the warranty, but what I am very curious about is, would a change in rims/rubber void warranty associated with the DSG? I mean do their warranties get a blanket void in case of any kind of mods?

Also, is the new 2.0 TSI ECU been unlocked? Can you tune a map for crackle overruns?
Old 1st February 2023, 18:41   #1334
BHPian

Over the last week I’ve spoken to dealers across 2 states- it seems bookings for Octavia are still on and there are no substantial discounts. On speaking to one today, I was told that the factory has around 30-35 kits available for at least until March, but he remained tight lipped about availability post April. He was clear that there was good demand and they are in no hurry to push stocks. So much so that he didn’t even offer me a TD.
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:23   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Over the last week I’ve spoken to dealers across 2 states- it seems bookings for Octavia are still on and there are no substantial discounts. On speaking to one today, I was told that the factory has around 30-35 kits available for at least until March, but he remained tight lipped about availability post April. He was clear that there was good demand and they are in no hurry to push stocks. So much so that he didn’t even offer me a TD.
Skoda is usually very careful when it comes to giving big discounts and having excess stocks. If you want to buy the Octy, I'd say now is the time to get one with basic discounts.

Back in Oct 2019, Octavia Onyx edition was launched and all units were sold before Jan 2020, just 2 months before the BS6 norms kicked in.
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks