Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 18:00   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
neonwheels - I'm curious to know about 2 things in your post.

1. The virtual cockpit in both variants is exactly the same. What is that you miss in your Style variant?

2. I see a yellow error/warning light at the bottom of the console. What does that indicate? I have not seen this in my Octy.
1. Style gets the digital cockpit, what I meant was, Octavia skips the virtual cockpit which A4 gets and the comment is for both Style and LnK.

2. That yellow mark is to indicate I am over 80 kmph. It lights up when I cross the first speed warning of 80 kmph
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 20:31   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Congratulations on your new car.
Thank you @nagarjun. Tiguan is a good VFM product and my love for Sedans were only the deciding factor fuelled by bad sales experience from Ramani VW (both for my Polo in 2013 and Tiguan in 2022, nothing changed for the past 9 years in terms of their attitude).

Octavia is a beast and is truly a headturner. Have completed 500KM in two days and it was mistaken for Audi A4 at a fuel station

Do we have any engine run in period? I dont reckon my Polo had anything either. But i keep the revs low below 30 mark.

Curious - What is the SD slot slot used for? I see one empty slot my glove box (Top right)

How do we activate the 'Skoda connectED' mentioned in the brochure?

Does the AFS have auto dimming high beams, I see high beam assist on the cockpit, but i dont see them to control the beam for oncoming vehicles. (I see they are matrix, 14 LED each)
vagster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 21:30   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
Finally, after a long delay, confusions. Finally zeroed down to Octavia (It was Octavia Vs Tiguan) and took the delivery on 18 February
Congratulations on your new ride. Have you got any discounts ?? Could you share the manufacturing year of your ride ??

I also happen to bite the bullet and the delivery is scheduled on 23rd February (Candy White L&K).

I have also heard that production of the vehicle has stopped in January'23. I am getting a january'23 manufactured vehicle.

Please share some pictures of your ride and a short review of first 500 kms .
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 21:47   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Have you got any discounts ?? Could you share the manufacturing year of your ride ??
Mine is December 2022 manufactured, assembled in Jan 23. All the kits will have MY22 VIN only as there are no imports done in 2023.

It had 12 KM on the ODO when i made a PDI. (It may vary depending on the distance between dealer stock yard and the showroom. Thumb rule - not more than 50 KM)

I only got a 30K loyalty and insurance match from the dealer. Sad that Skoda offers 4 years SMP for Slavia and Kushaq as complementary, but not for their CKD units

Quote:
Please share some pictures of your ride and a short review of first 500 kms
yeah, will post them soon
Old 20th February 2023, 22:06   #1370
BHPian

Have you gentlemen checked whether your cars have the full size infotainment screen?

I'm taking delivery of L&K in this week, car is Dec 2022 manufactured, the infotainment screen is a smaller unit.

To sum it up, my specific L&K unit misses out on Canton as well as the full size screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_8789.jpg  

GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 22:32   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
To sum it up, my specific L&K unit misses out on Canton as well as the full size screen.
Seems like the same to me. Check post no. 2 in this very thread.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-065a7f952790423bbf09393a3cc60fb2.jpeg
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 23:35   #1372
BHPian

Ok.

While TD'ing the L&K, the screen in TD car seemed larger horizontally.

Is there a setting that puts the screen in full-screen mode?
Old 21st February 2023, 14:10   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Have you got any discounts ?? Could you share the manufacturing year of your ride ??

I also happen to bite the bullet and the delivery is scheduled on 23rd February (Candy White L&K).

I have also heard that production of the vehicle has stopped in January'23. I am getting a january'23 manufactured vehicle.
2L discount on OTR for L&K 2022 VINs.

Dec 2022 VIN, assembled in Dec.

This compensates for deletion of the 12 speaker Canton.

Last edited by GoBlue : 21st February 2023 at 14:12.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 15:34   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
2L discount on OTR for L&K 2022 VINs.

Dec 2022 VIN, assembled in Dec.
I'am getting around 4L discount on Dec'22 model. I was initially in for the style variant, however the SA told me about this particular L&K variant which was cancelled by someone. It didnt take me long enough to go ahead with the car. The dealer is known to one of my acquaintance, hence this discount may not be applicable in general. However i am quite sure discount upto 3L is possible given the fact that they have already discontinued the production of vehicle since january'23.

For those who want to own a 2.0 TSi under 30L, this is the time. Its now or never.
Old 21st February 2023, 16:47   #1375
d.j
BHPian

Quote:
I'am getting around 4L discount on Dec'22 model. I was initially in for the style variant, however the SA told me about this particular L&K variant which was cancelled by someone. It didnt take me long enough to go ahead with the car. The dealer is known to one of my acquaintance, hence this discount may not be applicable in general. However i am quite sure discount upto 3L is possible given the fact that they have already discontinued the production of vehicle since january'23.

For those who want to own a 2.0 TSi under 30L, this is the time. Its now or never.
this looks mouthwatering, we actually have been on fence not making a decision on this due to other variables about the car, but this is reigniting, is it possible for you to share some more information, a DM/PM?, perhaps, thanks!.

Regards/DJ
Old 21st February 2023, 19:08   #1376
BHPian

Quote:

This is great.

Discount varies based on whether dealer is sitting on stock that is not moving. If this is the case, a dealer has no choice but to sweeten the deal.

In my case, car was at the Aurangabad plant. Considering this scenario, I'm pleased that any discount was offered to begin with.

Very few units of the Octavia are left, as you rightly said, this is the last chance to own this beauty before it turns into a 1.5 TSI Hybrid.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:12   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok.

There is no setting, this is what it is, now that you mention it, those bezels are HUGE!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 18:46   #1378
BHPian

I love you 3000! Octi

That's would be my favorite pickup line from Avengers Endgame on completing just over 3000 KMs with Octavia L&K. A lot good has been already been said about this machine (92 pages and counting...) however I want to ensure to focus on few points which are the concern for folks who are interested to buy but just not able to firm their decision.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20230115_06360638501.jpeg
The car looks stunning from any angle

I would keep this post short and sweet and will provide my feedback on key concerns for folks who are new to Skoda. Before that, I also want to share that I'm happy and beaming Skoda customer since 2012 (drove Rapid TDI for 153000+ KMs in the last 10 years)

1. Unreliable Skoda Service? - those days are long gone...
  • Never faced any parts problem or delays
  • The service experience has been amazing each time with Jai Auto Skoda (Gurgaon) and now with Brite Skoda Noida
    Rather I'd add that it has improvised exponentially compared to 3 years ago

For example: During Covid lockdown time, Jai Auto Gurgaon center picked up my car from Noida and dropped it back without any charges
  • Skoda might have overcharged a bit, but parts were always genuine without me worrying about sporadic breakdowns.

2. Low Ground Clearance? - Not a chance even with full capacity
  • Recently drove on the roughest 3-4 KM village patch (with big craters created by village tractors) with 4 adults seated and the bottom did not scrape even once
    Of course, one has to be a smart driver and not act rashly...

3. Initial Drag? - What's that?
  • I do Noida - Gurgaon everyday in worst traffic which can take the micky out of anyone... however Octavia is a delight to drive...
    - This powerful machine dances along with you, it can amble along nicely at low speeds and a gentle tap on the accelerator and Octavia shoots ahead like a bazooka...all of it in Drive mode

3. Low Mileage of 8-10 KM? - I have clocked 15.7 Km/L in NCR Delhi in evening office hours...now we are talking about turbo petrol 2.0 cc with 190 HP engine...

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20221219_101450342.jpg
  • You have to drive it smartly to find that Easter egg. Typically in NCR Delhi jams I get between 11 - 12.5 Km/L. Its sweet spot is between 50-60 Km/h where in it can give you 15-16 Km/L and that is still under city traffic conditions.

I'm sure on highway it might go little higher but I have not tested that personally.

So guys, that's magic of Octavia and I'm looking forward to a long innings with this beautiful car...

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-pxl_20230115_072637990.jpg

Quote:
Ok.

I recently discovered that my maps can go full screen even in android auto. So that's one advantage with google maps showing full view.
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 21:21   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post
I recently discovered that my maps can go full screen even in android auto. So that's one advantage with google maps showing full view.
I guess Android Auto has got a new update and enabled full screen. I posted about it some 3 weeks back
Old 24th February 2023, 10:38   #1380
d.j
BHPian

hi guys, anyone migrated from Tiguan to Octavia or for that matter any suv'ish car to say Octavia or similar, is it like going back in time? or how bad is this idea, thanks for the help!

Regards/DJ
d.j is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks