Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 23:01   #601
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
I was quite lucky too with the car since there was an allotment already in the showroom and the customer who booked it in December only wanted the car after the end of the FY, so I was probably in the right place at the right time. Got the car in less than 2 weeks from the date of booking. The new gray color definitely looks brilliant but I do wish we get the Octavia in the cement-ish shade the VRS comes in. Now that would be a looker!
Congratulations on a great pick. I test drove this while looking for the Kodiaq. Absolutely loved the way it drove. If not for the rear leg space (have three 6 footers in the family) would have opted for this.
Old 11th March 2022, 14:13   #602
BHPian

Does anyone know if the Style version comes in Graphite Grey? I know the 2021 model Style only came in blue, white and black and for some reason i thought that the 2022 model had the grey as an additional colour option as well.
Old 11th March 2022, 14:24   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Does anyone know if the Style version comes in Graphite Grey? I know the 2021 model Style only came in blue, white and black and for some reason i thought that the 2022 model had the grey as an additional colour option as well.
So the new Graphite Gray joins the colours available for the L&K versions. The Style variant in the Octavia sticks to the blue, black and white as before.
Old 11th March 2022, 14:50   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
In MY 22, graphite grey was introduced as a replacement to outgoing to brown colour and is only limited to L&K. With Style variant one can choose between White, Black and Lava Blue.
Old 11th March 2022, 23:14   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubh7am View Post
Yes it's the Turbhe one!! I booked a blue style model, haven't escalated it yet but I guess I'll be doing it immediately now.
Hey you should escalate. I booked in Feb from Mody Skoda (Andheri) and got a MY22 car delivered in the same month!
Carmageddon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 09:45   #606
BHPian

Took the Octavia out for a test drive yesterday and here are my thoughts.

PROs:
- Butter smooth ride with power on tap. Immediately put a smile on my face.
- Manages the bumps and potholes far better than my Jetta. The stated 137mm Ground Clearance is not a deterrent at all. Went over a couple of tall speedbreakers that the car handled with aplomb.
- Excellent handling, i was very comfortable throwing the car around the corners but despite it being a sunday morning i couldn't push 120 given the traffic
- Loved the build quality, having recently had a bad crash with the Jetta and come out entirely unscathed, the VAG tanks inspire tremendous confidence
- Premium, plush interiors. You do feel like you are in Business Class

CONs:
- Absolutely loathe the seats, despite it being plush. It is just not designed for practicality. The suede like material is going to be a nightmare to maintain, especially as we need the car to drive to and from our farm regularly.
- ALL car manufacturers: Bring. Back. Physical. Buttons!! Having to take the eyes off the road every time to fiddle with AC fan and temp is a ridiculously bad idea. More so when the A/C vents are placed at a stupid position to accommodate the monstrously oversized console.
- Way way more power than i am ever going to need. I need the car primarily for highway use, as i have a smaller city car. And as a sedate driver, I would be more than happy with a 1.5 engine.

It is a tough decision. Heart clearly says screw it and drop the extra 10 large ones for that smile it's going to put on my face. Head says why waste so much extra money when the Slavia 1.5 (or more likely wait for the Virtus) seemed to do an adequate job when i took it for a test drive.

Last edited by RoadTrippin : 14th March 2022 at 09:57. Reason: Clarifying the GC comment.
RoadTrippin is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:38   #607

Quick Update on the new ride:

Took the call to do ceramic coating for the car fresh out of the showroom. Took it to CarsBuddy (near Koramangala) detailers and what a phenomenal experience. Not only did Mr. Raj explain the whole process and provide me with all necessary information, they went ahead and provided updates every step of the way with photos of the car under work, and delivered the vehicle on the promised time. Absolutely loved the experience and finally I'm glad to have found a good detailer somewhere near HSR.

We did a Modesta+ ceramic coat which comes with a 5 year warranty and with free annual maintenance from CarsBuddy. Would highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to get detailing done for their cars.

Attaching some photos of the process.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-cc2ae58fc5a848ca9b97cb68ff027a6a.jpeg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-a6946302c9a444e5b73d4bcc92787f6d.jpeg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-5fa4ee2d3aca4da3a250815f5401a324.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th March 2022 at 16:25. Reason: Fixing paragraphing and formatting.
aashiqb is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 18:09   #608
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride, looks lovely. Is this the new graphite grey in L&K ? Can you share some more pictures please along with details on how long it took for the coating and costing if possible.

Last edited by SR-71 : 14th March 2022 at 18:11.
Old 14th March 2022, 18:28   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride, looks lovely. Is this the new graphite grey in L&K ? Can you share some more pictures please along with details on how long it took for the coating and costing if possible.
Yes this is the 2022 L&K model in the Graphite Gray colour. The coating took exactly 3 days, since it was brand new, the paint correction work was minimal or non-existent. It costed me around INR 55K for the 5 year plan of Modesta+ ceramic coating. Here are some more photos of the car
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-2c8560ce91344b6685cccfb573c214d4.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-08d5956e8a764a2a8d76ebe6720157e4.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-2828a1f1be674d2ab7e9254264e81c63.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-9064e019adc141209d18bc3d6eb2131e.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-cfb0e25e51554c27a4141a97efd179c3.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_4887.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_4992.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_4993.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_4995.jpg  

aashiqb is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:13   #610
BHPian

Hey Folks, does anyone have any idea if and from where we can procure these chrome muffler tips and black spoiler as seen on Octavia Sportline variant seen abroad.

This seems to be an easy install as rear bumper profile looks largely same with the variants sold gloablly.

Sharing a picture (Source: Skoda Storyboard) for reference.
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-skodaoctaviasportlinerear.jpeg
rahul1407 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 19:56   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Hey Folks, does anyone have any idea if and from where we can procure these chrome muffler tips and black spoiler as seen on Octavia Sportline variant seen abroad.
Kopacek.com has these parts. They don't ship to India, so you'll have to arrange for somebody to bring/ship it for you from somewhere in EU.

Here's the link to the exhaust tips.

I was very keen on buying this but didn’t make sense spending €500. So I bought a similar looking aftermarket part from milotec.de for a little over €140 shipped to India. Had to pay an additional 5k as custom fees Here’s the link.

Hit me up on PM. I’m interested in buying some parts as well. We can order together and save on shipping costs.
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 22:46   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post

Hit me up on PM. I’m interested in buying some parts as well. We can order together and save on shipping costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post

I have been looking for something similar for my Karoq, these are the best I can find but I am not sold on them https://milotec.de/Milotec-Auspuff-D...ign::3929.html

Please share if you guys find something worth the cash
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-.jpg  

prateekvinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 05:50   #613
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Vats View Post
Finally booked L&K in white, '21 model. Now the wait begins!
Many congratulations! Glad to see another White L&K (I think Blue is dominant followed by Graphite (now) or Black).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashiqb View Post
This thread has been my bookmark for the last few weeks. I recently brought home a Jan '22 Octavia L&K Graphite Gray, and boy I've been smiling each time I think about it, let alone drive it out...

....For now, here's a short video of the car parking itself which I found to be SOOO Cool. This feature is there on the Mercedes A Class as well but it doesn't like tight spaces for parallel parking. The Octavia has no problems with any of that.

Here's a link to the video I posted on YouTube - https://Youtu.be/JquZZEmXTwM
Many congratulations to you too! I'm really glad to see the number of new Octavia owners growing gradually.
Auto parking comes in handy a) assisting with tight parking b) Party tricks . for people who ask us is if the car is worth the price (not appreciating the whole package it is). I found another very useful feature that I did not realize the car was - auto-braking while trying to reverse park. Twice while I was parking, I was getting way too close to the obstacle, and the car just applied brakes and didn't let me move. Found this very useful.
rsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 13:18   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I was very keen on buying this but didn’t make sense spending €500. So I bought a similar looking aftermarket part from milotec.de for a little over €140 shipped to India. Had to pay an additional 5k as custom fees Here’s the link.

Thanks for sharing these buddy, currently I am only looking forward to the exhaust tips and spoiler and the latter is not available at this site I guess.

Would you mind sharing a picture of the modification(s) you did. I am just curious to see if it looks like an OEM or an aftermarket product?

Though I would love to know what all modifications you have in mind. However being a newbie, I dont have an option to send PM yet
Old 17th March 2022, 16:09   #615
BHPian

I had my heart set on the the Octavia and went to the showroom to book it today. I asked for one final test drive to confirm that decision and unfortunately decided against the booking.

The test drive car was pretty dirty on the inside and outside. Every part was caked in dust and the beige seats and areas were discoloured (e.g., beige centre armrest has multiple black stains, doors had visible blue marks). I tried to brush this aside as I still had fresh memories of the clean showroom display model. However, my mind kept wondering if the car required constant, careful maintenance to keep its shine. I also could not believe how they could offer such poorly maintained cars for test drives. However, the show went on.

I took a slightly different route this time - one that had very low profile rumble strips. I took them at the same speed as my current daily driver - Hyundai Venue, but I kept hearing a loud, jarringly boomy noise each time I went over those strips. It got to a point where I slowed to a crawl before those strips to avoid the noise. Moreover, throughout the test drive the car kept randomly making the locking/unlocking sounds and random loud beeps. The SA did not have any idea why.

As fate would have it, this was the first test drive of the vehicle with my wife and as expected got a firm "No" after it was done. The car search continues...
solaris007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks