Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 21:31   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Please pay for what you buy and don't give into to this "mandatory" forced by dealer.
Actually this dealer is very nice and doesn't force anything on me. They even allowed me to buy my own insurance and I was able to buy exactly the same coverage for roughly 55% of the premium quoted by the dealer. A few of my friends had told me the dealer may downgrade my priority, but heck no, my car arrived in a little less than a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Get the magnetic sun shades for the front doors (sun blinds already there for the rear seats right?) as it's pretty useful during long drives.
I personally don't like the visors as they spoil the clean look of the car.
Have never seen them before. I used to have one of those which you stick with suction cups, but rarely used them cos my previous car front windows were enormous (KIA Carnival) and the shades were never big enough to cover them fully. I see shades on Amazon made exactly for Alcazar, but do the magnetic ones stay steady and fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
I can understand your situation. Whenever I used to return from other coutries, just after few months, first thing that used to irritate me is honking.
Oh yes, the honking. I am perpetually in an argument with most of my cab drivers who seem to honk for no rhyme or reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
A good floor mat costs around 10K, as per below comment on this thread. You can check with the dealer if it is the same one
No, the ones offered by the dealer are hard PVC kind that seem to fit into the place like a mould. The sales guy was telling me they are useful cos you don't have to really dust them - just pull them out and invert them to empty all dirt and wash them off. Thought would go with them for the time being.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2022 at 06:42. Reason: Back to back posts - see mod note
Old 1st February 2022, 22:07   #257
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraghavan View Post
No, the ones offered by the dealer are hard PVC kind that seem to fit into the place like a mould. The sales guy was telling me they are useful cos you don't have to really dust them - just pull them out and invert them to empty all dirt and wash them off. Thought would go with them for the time being
I've those PVC type mats in my current car. It is indeed very easy to vacuum them in its place. Though, it is quite a task to take them out and put it back. Anyhow, there is no need to take them out as such, if you can just vacuum it inside the car itself.
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 10:38   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have never seen them before. I used to have one of those which you stick with suction cups, but rarely used them cos my previous car front windows were enormous (KIA Carnival) and the shades were never big enough to cover them fully. I see shades on Amazon made exactly for Alcazar, but do the magnetic ones stay steady and fixed?
Those suction ones are useless. These magnetic shades stay in place when the doors are closed. When you open it, sometimes these might fall off as some of the magnets are not strong enough. But it does the job. Better to get the ones with the zipper else you will need to open the door, remove the shade to access anything outside (especially when you go to refuel your car where you will need to give the card/cash).

Here's the one that I have on the Creta.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5138819 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:47   #259
BHPian

And so, the D-day finally arrived to take delivery of the Starry Night Alcazar 7-seater Signature Options AT Petrol from HIMAVASINI HYUNDAI at Hosur. Since my dad has a home in Hosur which is just 35 kms from Bangalore, decided to book through this dealership on the assumption that it may be less crowded than Bangalore city dealerships and the possibility of a better rapport. No regrets on that score, since the vehicle arrived in a month and the dealer was extremely co-operative on a lot of things (like allowing me to take my own insurance and not forcing me to buy any accessories). I decided to register in KA since that is where I will be driving substantially even though the charges were significantly higher (difference close to 75k). Myself and SA went through the standard PDI checklist from TBHP site, following which the delivery process was smooth and efficient. The SA showed us all the accessories that were being offered for a price, and let me choose whatever I wanted. I chose only the 3D floor and boot mats, mud flaps, car perfume and the standard cleaning kit. Then there was a small customary pooja followed by the symbolic handover of keys, distribution of sweets (the wife had thoughtfully picked them up along the way to the showroom) and we were done. I was sitting behind the wheel after almost 4 months and feeling a bit squeamish about the RHD (I have rarely driven in India in all these years). But except for a few wrong attempts to reach for the gear shift with the right hand, aborted glances to the top-right to view the rear-view mirror and setting off the wiper instead of the turn-indicators, my driving was uneventful and finally the Alcazar was home. I was also a bit apprehensive about parking it inside the portico (actually I had summoned the test drive car twice and HIMAVASINI was especially nice to oblige by demonstrating four times that the car can be parked easily in the portico). I managed to park the car perfectly on the first attempt (I have a fetish for parking absolutely straight relative to all four sides). Have shared a picture of the car parked outside my dad's home and inside the portico which finally looked fittingly occupied. Now that the car is home, looking forward to a lot of driving and shared experiences.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.jpg  

sraghavan is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 19:29   #260
BHPian

Quote:
And so, the D-day finally arrived to take delivery of the Starry Night Alcazar 7-seater Signature Options AT Petrol from HIMAVASINI HYUNDAI at Hosur.
Many congratulations sraghavan on bringing new car home. Wish you miles & miles of happiness & smiles. Just a quick question - Any specific reason selecting Petrol over Diesel ? I'm trying to avail test drive for Alcazar Diesel AT in Delhi, but somehow Diesel Alcazar is not available for test drive. One of the showroom representatives called me & said - Saaar, take petrol test drive and buy diesel.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 21:52   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Any specific reason selecting Petrol over Diesel ? I'm trying to avail test drive for Alcazar Diesel AT in Delhi, but somehow Diesel Alcazar is not available for test drive. One of the showroom representatives called me & said - Saaar, take petrol test drive and buy diesel.
I test drove both the Petrol and Diesel ATs. The Petrol AT is a hoot to drive and super smooth. I went for the diesel based on my driving requirement which would make the FE in the diesel better than the Petrol.
My expectation of the petrol FE for my driving requirements would have been around 7 to 9km/l. If FE is not a concern i would highly recommend the 2.0L Petrol. With the Diesel i am getting around 12km/l on avg.
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:38   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I test drove both the Petrol and Diesel ATs. The Petrol AT is a hoot to drive and super smooth. I went for the diesel based on my driving requirement which would make the FE in the diesel better than the Petrol.
My expectation of the petrol FE for my driving requirements would have been around 7 to 9km/l. If FE is not a concern i would highly recommend the 2.0L Petrol. With the Diesel i am getting around 12km/l on avg.
Thanks Yajaman. I'm on fence & is only window shopping at the moment for car. Actual purchase will happen post Diwali (either year end / early next year).

Did you buy Diesel AT or MT ? And how is performance ?
Old 14th February 2022, 17:04   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations sraghavan on bringing new car home. Wish you miles & miles of happiness & smiles. Just a quick question - Any specific reason selecting Petrol over Diesel ? I'm trying to avail test drive for Alcazar Diesel AT in Delhi, but somehow Diesel Alcazar is not available for test drive. One of the showroom representatives called me & said - Saaar, take petrol test drive and buy diesel.
Firstly, thanks for the wishes. Petrol or Diesel? Frankly this was a bit subjective decision. When I left India 27 years ago, the only diesels were commercial vehicles. During my trips home, I did notice a proliferation in diesels, but they were usually cabs which sounded loud and smelt awful. So I've always had that jaundiced view of diesels. As I said, this is purely subjective, and not based on any scientific reason or logic. Also, diesel cars aren't quite popular (in fact they are a rarity) in Dubai, so I wasn't really into them. The Alcazar petrol option comes with a 2L engine which to me is the minimum comfortable displacement required. The naturally aspirated engine is super quite and is mated to a butter smooth transmission, so I am quite happy with my choice.
sraghavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 12:00   #264
BHPian

Quote:

Did you buy Diesel AT or MT ? And how is performance ?
I went for the Diesel AT. I personally feel it is little underpowered but for city driving it does the job. On open roads my max speed may be 100 and in Sports mode it is good. If I was not afraid of the FE I would have gone for the 2.0L.
The 1.5 diesel meets my requirements so I am happy with it and all the gadgets the Alcazar comes with. Recently completed 5000km since Oct 2021.
Old 18th February 2022, 23:17   #265

Quote:
And so, the D-day finally arrived to take delivery of the Starry Night Alcazar 7-seater Signature Options AT Petrol from HIMAVASINI HYUNDAI at Hosur. .
Congratulations on your new steed! I wish you thousands of kilometres on your new car. I just want to know the variant you have purchased and the FE figures you have achieved yet.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th February 2022 at 23:36. Reason: Shortening the quote for better readability
TSI_FTW is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 20:49   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_FTW View Post
Congratulations on your new steed! I wish you thousands of kilometres on your new car. I just want to know the variant you have purchased and the FE figures you have achieved yet.
Firstly, thanks for your kind wishes. I went for the Signature Options Petrol AT - 7 seater (the top most petrol variant). I haven't still driven around much, but did some city driving in Bangalore. I am pretty new to driving in India, so was hoping to get into the stride gradually, but whatever little driving I did in Bangalore was virtually trial by fire - crawling bumper to bumper at places. It was as if I was prepared for monthly test syllabus, but everything came out of syllabus like in Final exam !! I drove around 100 kms so far in the city and the FE is about 9kms/L. Tomorrow I am planning a long drive to Tanjore (about 400kms each way), so I should have some idea about the FE on long drives. Will share my experiences after I am back.
Old 20th February 2022, 19:07   #267
BHPian

Got a Starry Blue Signature, Petrol in January first week. 1000 km on the clock now. Initially, it felt more gadget less car. Still figuring out the electronics 'party tricks' list.
But the ride quality is phenomenal. 90% city driven, its showing 12.2 kmpl. Should get better I guess.
I think the Sky roof fad remains for a week, max. My boys 10yr olds are more kicked about the rear seat. I've been noticing that the roof rarely gets opened, nowadays. Doesn't matter to me, as I haven't spent anytime in the back rows.
I call it a 4 seater as I fold the last row down 90% of the time. This car can lug a lot of stuff around. I've kept some yoga mats, so I can stack stuff on them, without damaging the car.
Still figuring out android auto, find it easier to play my music from the USB. Hyundai maps doesn't identify any locations you throw at it. But once you are able to get through to it, the navigation experience is great.
Its a laid back ride in this car, but sometimes when you get an open stretch, it does let you know its a 2 litre.
Ac works great, but the ventilated seats... I couldn't even feel it!
The best party trick? I think its the EPB + Autohold combi, does make life a lot easier on city roads.
Sound is actually good, good for Knopfler, Myers, Clapton, Cale and rock.
Nothing additional in terms of accessories, except the mat(regular, non fancy black).
It already has so much.
I haven't tried the drive modes, nor the paddles. never felt the need, yet.
Alcazar did get a lot of bad press, but once inside its an amazing product, very unlike the reviews. Friends driving luxury SUV monsters do mutter out some acknowledgment about how good it is.

Is it just me, but I always get the feeling that the Alcazar looks smaller than the Creta.

This summer, Alca (named by a friend) should get to see the fantastic roads of the South and then Gujarat. And then Konkan in the rains! Here we come highways...
jazzrockz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 07:17   #268
Senior - BHPian

I test drive the Alcazar yesterday. There were few issues that I didn't like -

One, it was an unmarked car. Upon enquiring they later told me it's a regular car & not a test drive one. Offered me the same yesterday, if I were to buy it immediately. However, I didn't like this practice & also rejected it for other reasons mentioned below.

Second the 1.5 Diesel Automatic felt just adequate, nothing more. It's simply not powerful although was refined (I'm graduating from Fird Aspire 1.5 Diesel manual). My daily drive is 60-70 kms both ways so diesel is what matters to me.

Third the AC performance felt just adequate nothing more. I could be wrong re real world performance of the QC though. To add salt to injury, the SA could not offer any explanation.

Fourth, even if I would be driving most of the time, I felt the 2nd row space is not much comparing with other 6-7 seater vehicles I'm considering. Again I'm 5 & a half foot tall only.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 01:20   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Second the 1.5 Diesel Automatic felt just adequate, nothing more. It's simply not powerful although was refined (I'm graduating from Fird Aspire 1.5 Diesel manual). My daily drive is 60-70 kms both ways so diesel is what matters to me.

Third the AC performance felt just adequate nothing more. I could be wrong re real world performance of the QC though. To add salt to injury, the SA could not offer any explanation.

I felt the 2nd row space is not much comparing with other 6-7 seater vehicles.
I have been driving Alcazar 1.5D AT since July 2021 and have clocked around 3K kms. I wouldn’t say much about your first issue because I don’t have any clue about it.

Coming to your second issue, yes 1.5L is just adequate its nothing more nothing less. From my point of view this car is good for city drive and occasional highway drive. Whenever you feel the power isn’t adequate just switch sports mode and you will get a smile on your face.

Third issue, I feel that AC for front passengers is good but for 2nd row isn’t that great, for 3rd row its fine too. The centre armrest with air vents doesn’t throw a lot of air in my opinion.

Fourth issue, Alcazar is the smallest 6/7 seater in the 20L segment, its only 4.5m long and to be honest it’s very easy to drive it in city as compared to innova/safari/hector plus. The light steering wheel is a boon and you will enjoy every bit of it.
As you aren’t very tall the legroom for 2nd row passengers would be enough even if they are 6’ feet tall.

From what I feel is that its overall a good car and just adequate for one’s needs.
As you mentioned your daily drive is around 60-70kms I feel it would be a good pick for you too because with a light foot you can easily get around 16-18kmpl in city and the handling is great plus it feels very easy to drive in city.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th February 2022 at 18:16. Reason: As requested
Jatin247 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 20:27   #270
BHPian

Today I got the first issue with my Alcazar, 1.5 AT Signature (6S) after 5 months of use.
A warning message pops up "Ultrasonic sensor error or blockage"
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20220227_crop.jpg

Was on my way to Lulu Mall, there was some major traffic jam on Bellary road for a Sunday.
Guess the sensor cannot handle the Bangalore crazy traffic

Once I reached the mall I checked if anything was blocking the front sensor, but nothing was.

Will need to visit the service center when I get time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks