Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 09:36   #271
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Today I got the first issue with my Alcazar, 1.5 AT Signature (6S) after 5 months of use.
A warning message pops up "Ultrasonic sensor error or blockage"
If it's a normal case then this is just a ghost blip (used to get these often with my Superb's front sensors). Try cleaning the the sensor's head and the area around.

If problem persists then get the connections and fittings checked at the service center. Worst case, you'll have to get the sensors replaced and they aren't very expensive.

In my case there was:
1) 2019 - rain/mud caked around the sensor causing ghost blips
2) 2020 - sensor fell off after a minor front hit (thanks scooty waali didi) and was hanging by the cable and detecting the ground. Skoda guys managed to glue it back into place instead of replacing the whole bumper or the car itself
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 12:28   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have sat in the Alcazar and didn't feel that the second row is cramped, third row for most cars are cramped. Unless you have all 6 footers in the family. dont think you would feel cramped in the second row.Even with all rows in place there is a bit more space for luggage than most other SUV's.
Iam considering the petrol version over XUV 700 given the huge price hike and long waiting.
With you on this. I too have booked a petrol AT. I would have gone for the XUV700 had the waiting period been more sensible. Also the lack of ventilated seats is a bit of a deal breaker for me. We don't like it very cold inside the car (~26/27 degrees), so ventilated seats would really help with long drive comfort. Every single car in the segment has it, I don't understand what Mahindra is doing here.

I felt the second row is adequate, though after reading so many reviews, now I am in two minds and am second guessing my decision to go for Alcazar. The 3rd row definitely is cramped, though my kids didn't complain. However I myself felt uncomfortable seeing the way they were seated.

But for a family of 5 (with occasional runs with in-laws / relatives), I think the Alcazar should be adequate and has everything the "driver" (me) would want.
Old 1st March 2022, 20:59   #273

I'm planning to get the diesel AT 1.5 Signature. Was originally going for the Creta Diesel AT 1.5 SX(O), but the crazy wait time for that was a deal-breaker for me.
Any thoughts, friends, on whether my choice is good, bearing in mind that this car will see a lot more of city roads than highways; at least for the first three to four months.
Old 1st March 2022, 22:23   #274
BHPian

I test drove the Alcazar Petrol AT 6S on Sunday. I feel it is an amazing package.

+ All row seats were comfortable (I am 5'8", rest in family are below 5'5").
+ The petrol motor was peppy
+ Sunroof excited the kids
+ 360 Camera and Blind view monitor were really helpful
+ The gear shifts were smooth
+ Wife found driving very easy (coming from a city, found it very similar)

- The AC sucked. It absolutely did not cool. SA said it was because the car was parked in the sun the whole day. But then I would expect to be a bit cool at least by the time the test drive ended, but that was not the case. Can any owners throw more light on how the AC performs?
- Price. It costs 25.5L OTR Bangalore. I feel I rather pay couple of lakhs more and get the XUV (don't mind the wait).
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 23:28   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I test drove the Alcazar Petrol AT 6S on Sunday. I feel it is an amazing package.

+ All row seats were comfortable (I am 5'8", rest in family are below 5'5").
+ The petrol motor was peppy
+ Sunroof excited the kids
+ 360 Camera and Blind view monitor were really helpful
+ The gear shifts were smooth
+ Wife found driving very easy (coming from a city, found it very similar)

- The AC sucked. It absolutely did not cool. SA said it was because the car was parked in the sun the whole day. But then I would expect to be a bit cool at least by the time the test drive ended, but that was not the case. Can any owners throw more light on how the AC performs?
- Price. It costs 25.5L OTR Bangalore. I feel I rather pay couple of lakhs more and get the XUV (don't mind the wait).
I have been using an Alcazar for 6 months down in Kerala. No one has complained of the AC yet. Found it to be cooling the cabin in a few minutes even when I have left it in the sun…
devakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 05:42   #276
BHPian

ADAS on Alcazar soon:
GaadiWaadi Link
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:18   #277
BHPian

Here is an interesting observation on Alcazar FE. I am not sure if other vehicles also work the same way or if there was some issue with the FE number shown on display.

Test conditions

1. Put the vehicle on cruise
2. Maintain speed at 65 Kmph (I know, it is unrealistic when we are on an open highway)
3. Drive on a road with not much gradients (I was on ORR of Hyderabad)
4. Diesel Alcazar (Automatic)

Result

Vehicle gave a mileage of 29+ Kmpl. I tried this on a 15 Kms stretch on two different days. Same result. Not sure if this is unique to Alcazar or if the display is fooling around.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img1790.jpg  

vkivaturi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 17:53   #278
BHPian

Team,

I am finalizing Hyundai Alcazar petrol AT signature. How much FE should I expect. As such my yearly running will be less than 8k with 80% city driving. Although my running is less, don't want to get stuck with 5 6 kmpl mileage.

If petrol AT are bound to reach 5 to 6 mileage after around 1 2 years of usage, I may consider diesel. Will help in resale as well.
Old 9th March 2022, 18:13   #279
BHPian

Friends,

I have booked Alcazar petrol AT 6S around 4 months ago and the dealership did not deliver my vehicle stating low production of AT vehicles and that too petrol heads. Now, they are saying they cant commit any time for a petrol head and are ready to give me a diesel vehicle within few days. I have been using a diesel vehicle for more than 10 years and wanted to shift to petrol but now due to the lack of commitment from dealership i have confirmed a diesel AT Signature. Any thoughts on my decision and any take on the unavailability of petrol AT vehicles?

Thanks in advance
Old 9th March 2022, 19:19   #280
BHPian

Also, how useful is a ceramic coat for new car? I hear mixed opinions on getting a ceramic coat for a new car vs 1 or 2 years later
Old 9th March 2022, 20:47   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Friends,
Now, they are saying they cant commit any time for a petrol head and are ready to give me a diesel vehicle within few days. I have been using a diesel vehicle for more than 10 years and wanted to shift to petrol but now due to the lack of commitment from dealership i have confirmed a diesel AT Signature. Any thoughts on my decision and any take on the unavailability of petrol AT vehicles?
Thanks in advance
Looks like there is some urgency in selling off diesel vehicles, by both Hyundai and Kia.
Kia has priced both petrol and diesel car the same and Hyundai is converting Petrol car booking to diesel.
I've booked Carens Diesel AT and these tactics are worrying me.

But in your case, I think you should insist on getting the Petrol car as that is what you had liked.
Atleast you should visit few other dealers and make sure that your current dealer is not taking you for a ride.
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 00:02   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Fair point, it is quite the expensive one. However the problem is that nothing else in this segment, or that is currently available has all these features.

Has the Carens offered a large sunroof I would have considered it. Had the XUV been "available", I would have considered it. But currently there doesn't seem to be a comparison.

Not minding the wait for XUV is an understatement. Someone was recently given an allotment of Dec 2023 (that's next year end).
Old 10th March 2022, 02:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadbe View Post
Team,

I am finalizing Hyundai Alcazar petrol AT signature.
The general rule i follow is, heavier the car diesel is the preferred option. This is because cars which seats 6+ has higher chances for carrying more load than a 5 seater and also the kerb weight of these cars are higher. In these cases the extra torque + larger band provided by the diesel improves the driveability.

But you have to go ahead with what your heart liked.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 08:44   #284
BHPian

@vivekkp

Yes I agree with your explanation.Only thing is that I may occasionally need last row seats and more often than not, it will be used as a luggage space. Plus we have a family of 5 including 2 kids less than 5 years. So very seldom the car will run on full load. It might seem strange but after evaluating boot space in 5 seater segment, I arrived at a conclusion to pick up compact 7 seater Alcazar, using it as a 5 seater with large boot and with 4500m length hoping it to be easy to use in city traffic compared to safari or XUV or Mg Hector plus. Also 360 degrees camera, ventilated seats ( yes I sweat a lot while driving ) , blind spot monitoring seems useful feature .
Old 10th March 2022, 08:57   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
Looks like there is some urgency in selling off diesel vehicles, by both Hyundai and Kia.
Kia has priced both petrol and diesel car the same and Hyundai is converting Petrol car booking to diesel.
I've booked Carens Diesel AT and these tactics are worrying me.

But in your case, I think you should insist on getting the Petrol car as that is what you had liked.
Atleast you should visit few other dealers and make sure that your current dealer is not taking you for a ride.
Thanks mate, for your thoughts on this. I have reached out to 2 more dealers in the last 4 months and nobody had a petrol head available. All the 3 dealerships i visited said they cant commit any timeline on the availability of petrol AT. Iam ok with diesel and badly need to upgrade my car and hence decided to go ahead with deisel AT
CrankShaft05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks