Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 09:20   #316
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraghavan View Post
When I bought my 7seater petrol AT Signature variant little more than 2 months ago, the anticipated waiting period was 8-10 weeks, but they actually delivered in half the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It was totally different here in Cochin. Back in Dec '21, it was immediate delivery (Petrol AT) for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Since the delivery was getting delayed, SA offered very quick delivery of Alcazar (3-4 weeks).
Thank you all for the reply.
I think the long wait time is due to high demand for petrol car in Delhi NCR thanks to 10 year diesel ban.

Also different dealers are quoting different waiting periods ranging from 4 months to 10 months.

I will go ahead with booking with a dealer who promised delivery in 4-5 months. Hopefully I may get the car sooner than that.

I have been without car for a month now and so far have not faced any major inconvenience.

Relying on Uber and Metro for commute and thanks to hybrid work only need to show up office twice a week and can commute on metro

Last edited by born_free : 2nd May 2022 at 09:21.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:33   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
I traded in my Hyundai Verna 2014 CRDI SX for a decent amount. Could have gotten a little higher price at other second hand dealers, but again I liked the support from Santosh and went for it.

Bought the insurance + extended warranty (5 years) + Shield of Trust (3 years) as part of the package. Generally, I buy insurance from outside, but this time I had very little time to do some research - so just took it from Lakshmi. As I was trading in my car on day of delivery, I couldnt use the NCB bonus of 50% from my verna. Will need to claim the reservation letter and use it during next renewal.

Since you took insurance from the dealer and also exchanged your old car, he should be able to help you with NCB transfer. They get fat commissions so you can expect (and should demand) this service in return so that you don't need to run around for NCB paperwork.

You need not wait till next renewal. Once you have NCB letter, you can submit it to insurance company and they will refund the balance amount pro-rata basis. Generally it needs some running around so it is better to take dealer's help (or any agent you know).
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:59   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Since you took insurance from the dealer and also exchanged your old car, he should be able to help you with NCB transfer. They get fat commissions so you can expect (and should demand) this service in return so that you don't need to run around for NCB paperwork.

You need not wait till next renewal. Once you have NCB letter, you can submit it to insurance company and they will refund the balance amount pro-rata basis. Generally it needs some running around so it is better to take dealer's help (or any agent you know).
I did try that. But apparently, Hyundai dealers now do not have a tie up with TATA AIG. My Verna insurance was with TATA AIG and hence will have to get it done myself.

And Lakshmi Hyundai did reduce the insurance quote once I showed them online quote. The current insurance for Alcazar is from HDFC Ergo.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 10:47   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR2050 View Post
As of now, already I have extended my warranty for 5 years and 1 lakh kms when I purchased the vehicle. He was suggesting me to opt for these packages by mentioning that it will be actually beneficial and was not forcing it on me. I told him let me take some time and comeback to him.
Hi. How did you get the 5 years/1 lakh kms warranty. The most I could get was 5 years/60k kms warranty. Am I missing something?
Old 4th May 2022, 11:10   #320

Quote:
Hi. How did you get the 5 years/1 lakh kms warranty. The most I could get was 5 years/60k kms warranty. Am I missing something?
The standard wonder warranty which comes with the vehicle can be availed in one of these combination - 3 years / unlimited kms, 4 years / 60,000 kms or 5 years / 50,000 kms. But you can purchase an extended warranty which will cover up to 5 years/1.4 Lakh kms. Based on my usage I decided that 1 Lakh kms would be sufficient for me.

But if you consider SOT, it can be taken for a maximum of 5 years / 60,000 kms where as super SOT can be taken for a maximum of 5 years / 50,000 kms. I think you are confused between extended warranty and SOT.
KAR2050 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 21:24   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR2050 View Post
The standard wonder warranty which comes with the vehicle can be availed in one of these combination - 3 years / unlimited kms, 4 years / 60,000 kms or 5 years / 50,000 kms. But you can purchase an extended warranty which will cover up to 5 years/1.4 Lakh kms. Based on my usage I decided that 1 Lakh kms would be sufficient for me.
Thanks. I bought the Alcazar in such a short period of time that I had no time to research on everything. Thanks a lot again. Was able to pay additional and get my warranty updated to 5 years/120,000 kms. Yet to collect the warranty papers though. Will do it tomorrow.

Now, do you understand what is special about the power train warranty that is published on Hyundai' website. I am thinking of getting that as well, as I got the diesel AT and would like to have peace of mind with as much covers as possible.

Also - has anyone got a bootmat for the Alcazar that can cover the entire boot - including the tumbled down 3rd row seats? My use case will be 99% with the 3rd row seats down and need a boot mat that can cover the entire space, giving me 580+ litres of boot. Any suggestions welcome.
Old 8th May 2022, 12:05   #322
BHPian

After booking Creta in 1st week of Feb, and being promised a delivery in 12-16 weeks, the dealer still wasn't able to get it in May allotment. I had booked 1.4 Turbo Phantom Black Petrol SX (O) DCT. The dealer seemed unsure as to when he could get me a car, and said that Turbo Petrol automatics were in really short supply and he wasn't sure how much more time it would take.

I told him that I wouldn't want to take a delivery of the car after June, especially as Facelift for Creta is just around the corner and it has the missing 36o degree camera and blind view monitor along with other features. He understood my issues, but wasn't sure when new Creta Facelift would be launched as well.

Finally just out of sheer chance, and since I was in the showroom, I checked out the 6 seater Alcazar and it felt nicer than Creta, even though it is just an extended Creta. Wife loved the captain seats and they fell plush. Given that the car was primarily meant for just the 3 of us (me, wife and our 13 month old kid), using it as a 4 seater with big boot and only using the rear row very rarely, this fit the bill as well. We have two sedans in the garage, one ciaz CNG and one Vento 1.2 TSI DSG. My dad is a paralytic and we need a sedan in the garage for his travel needs and his wheel chair, so most of our complete family trips with parents involve use of two cars as it is.

Therefore while I will miss the peppiness of a Turbo engine, after taking a test drive of petrol Alcazar 6 seater, I found that the 2.0 Ltr NA Petrol wasn't a slouch either, and I could live with it. So we went ahead and booked a 6 Seater Petrol AT Signature (O) Alcazar in Starry Night colour.

Now the strange part, for some reason the dealers all across Mumbai have diesel versions in stock but are quoting long waiting for Petrol versions. I was offered a Dual Tone Titan Grey Petrol for immediate delivery, but wife was firm with the colour so dealer has now promised that he will make sure we get one in next month's allotment, so fingers crossed. I was surprised because usually Diesels are in high demand, but clearly for Alcazar, it seems to be the other way round.

Anyways, wife wasn't willing to compromise on colour after shelling out 24 big ones so it is another waiting game now.
Ays7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 15:15   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Hyundai Alcazar Diesel
On Monday April 25, 2022 - contacted Blue, Trident, Advaith, Lakshmi and Pavan Hyundai. By afternoon I had booked at Lakshmi Hyundai, as the sales manager Santosh (Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield) confirmed that the car had just arrived the previous day in the stock yard. My only question was if he can deliver by Friday and he did. Very happy with the delivery.
Congrats Naetik on your Alcazar. I own a 2015 TUV300 and on the lookout of a new car. Want the car to have all the bells and whistles and feel new and modern as well.

How has been your experience with Lakshmi Hyundai, I've been in touch with the names you've quoted.. am also looking at disposing my old car and the valuation by the dealer is way below what some of the other used car dealers are quoting.

Am almost sold on the Alcazar and looking to buy the 6 seater AT Diesel. Just like you said, essentially need a 4 seater car with a decent sized boot. The last row will be used seldom and for short runs.

I've had XUV700, Safari, Hector and Alcazar in my shortlist - dropped XUV700 due to the extremely long wait period. Did not like the finishing plus lack of the frills inside the Tata Safari.. and in the toss up between Hector and Alcazar, am tilted towards the "castle" Alcazar..

Last edited by BattleTank : 15th May 2022 at 15:16.
BattleTank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:23   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
How has been your experience with Lakshmi Hyundai, I've been in touch with the names you've quoted.. am also looking at disposing my old car and the valuation by the dealer is way below what some of the other used car dealers are quoting.
Hi @BattleTank. Thanks.

Its been 2 weeks since I got the car and must say I am very happy with my decision. Now coming to Lakshmi Hyundai, I had a good experience from the sales side. To be honest, I did not shop around a lot for my Verna's sale and just went with what I got as quote from lakshmi and Blue. If you get better deal outside, just go for it (or) you can inform Lakshmi Hyundai about the same and see if they can match it.
Old 16th May 2022, 12:30   #325
BHPian

First service Update:

About to complete 1500 kms on May 15, 2022 and took it for service to Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield service center. Was attended by Mr. Roopesh and Mr. Ashwath. Being a Sunday, very few in the service center. Quick check up service followed by top up of all fluids.

The first time I saw my Alcazar at Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield, just before booking
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220425_101136105.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220425_102822573.jpg

Pooja at temple near home post delivery
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220429_115244678.jpg

Ready for a wash in Coimbatore. Effect of heavy rains during the drive to Coimbatore
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220509_044210081.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220509_044214513.jpg

At Lakshmi Hyundai Service in Whitefield. First service.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220515_042351335.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220515_042401644.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220515_043142604.jpg

Had a minor issue but the very next day (today) Mr. Chetan (service manager) and a technical manager visited my office to get it sorted. It was more of a minor cleaning issue and was gladly surprised by the attention to detail by Mr. Chetan and the patience exhibited to listen to the customer.

I have been an Advaith Hyundai customer since 2009 (multiple cars), and was a bit skeptical about going to a relatively new dealer (Lakshmi hyundai). But I should say I am pretty happy with the customer support from Lakshmi.

Some observations on the car with 1500kms on the ODO.
What I like -
1. Enjoying the soft suspension on the non-existent BLR roads.
2. Got an overall mileage of 15+kmpl (50-50 highway and city) over 1500 kms.
3. The engine is super silent on sedate driving. However can be heard at higher revs.
4. The 360 cam, Android auto and all the minor automations are absolutely loveable. Reduction in volume on switching on 360 cam or engaging reverse, blind spot monitor, etc are just really useful.
5. The boot space of 590 litres with last row down is a boon.
6. The rear set neck pillows provided by Hyundai is excellent. Trying to source couple more for the front seats, but unable to find it anywhere. Any leads welcome.
7. Did a BLR to Coimbatore run last week and it was raining cats and dogs through out. Was impressed with the grip on the Apollo Apterra and the brakes came good in a couple of instances.

Not so much -
1. The drive mode resets to Comfort on every switch off.
2. There is a clear deadzone between 20kmph to 35 kmph. Just need to learn to handle it.

Accessories added -
1. Got a bootmat from Konark car accessories in Jayanagar for INR 1100. This covers the entire boot with last row down (save for about 4 inches). Alcazar specific boot mats are too small and only cover the actual boot area. For my usecase, I needed a mat that can cover the last row as well.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img20220507wa0023.jpg

2. 7D mats for the car was procured from Lakshmi Hyundai at time of delivery for INR 9000.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img20220428wa0011.jpg

3. Ordered silicon key covers from Amazon, but after 10 days the order was cancelled by Amazon. Reordered again from Flipkart.
Naetik30 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:04   #326
BHPian

Quote:
First service Update:

Accessories added -
1. Got a bootmat from Konark car accessories in Jayanagar for INR 1100. This covers the entire boot with last row down (save for about 4 inches). Alcazar specific boot mats are too small and only cover the actual boot area. For my usecase, I needed a mat that can cover the last row as well.
a mat covering the entire boot + 3rd row area is a good buy.. saves the last row from getting soiled.

will buy one (if i book the alcazar). is the mat fold-able? in case one needs to use the 3rd row seats?

WRT your Coimbatore drive, did you drive with a full load in terms of passengers and luggage? wonder how would the car perform with 4 pax and luggage over the hills (e.g. Ooty or Munnar)..
BattleTank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:19   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
a mat covering the entire boot + 3rd row area is a good buy.. saves the last row from getting soiled.

will buy one (if i book the alcazar). is the mat fold-able? in case one needs to use the 3rd row seats?

WRT your Coimbatore drive, did you drive with a full load in terms of passengers and luggage? wonder how would the car perform with 4 pax and luggage over the hills (e.g. Ooty or Munnar)..
The mat can be rolled up, not folded, but there are cheaper options that can be folded. But in most cases, we would know when we will carry a full load and in those cases, we can remove the mat and leave it at home.

About the Coimbatore drive, it was myself, my wife and my 11 year old son, with 1 large suitcase, 1 cabin bag sized suitcase + 2 laptop bags. The car did not feel under powered in any sense. The other things that stood out on the drive -
1. Super silent cabin. Can hardly hear any noise from outside. Even the wipers were really silent.
2. The engine is good enough for a car of this size. Did not feel out of breath at any point.
3. Very comfortable ride and suspension.
4. Good road grip on wet roads.
5. Found the rear wiper to be very useful.
Naetik30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 10:51   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post

Therefore while I will miss the peppiness of a Turbo engine, after taking a test drive of petrol Alcazar 6 seater, I found that the 2.0 Ltr NA Petrol wasn't a slouch either, and I could live with it. So we went ahead and booked a 6 Seater Petrol AT Signature (O) Alcazar in Starry Night colour.
I think Alacazar is good alternative to those who are in market for Creta, but can't purchase it due to various reasons. I also booked Alcazar Petrol Automatic as I had concerns with Reliability of DCT gearbox in Creta. The bigger boot on Alcazar and 360 Camera is an advantage. I was happy with low end response of the 2.0 NA petrol engine, though it won't have same power at mid range due to lower torque.

Quote:
First service Update:

About to complete 1500 kms on May 15, 2022 and took it for service to Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield service center. Was attended by Mr. Roopesh and Mr. Ashwath. Being a Sunday, very few in the service center. Quick check up service followed by top up of all fluids.
Nice to know about your ownership and for potential future owners this is good news.
I do have one concern regarding 18 inch wheels that come with top variants of Alcazar. It results in thinner sidewall which is prone to sidewall damage if driven on potholes at high speeds.
How was your experience in this regards. Should I be worried about it as I have booked the Signature Variant.

The lowest variant come with 17 inch tires which to my opinion would have been better choice for Indian conditions.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:47   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post

Nice to know about your ownership and for potential future owners this is good news.
I do have one concern regarding 18 inch wheels that come with top variants of Alcazar. It results in thinner sidewall which is prone to sidewall damage if driven on potholes at high speeds.
How was your experience in this regards. Should I be worried about it as I have booked the Signature Variant.

The lowest variant come with 17 inch tires which to my opinion would have been better choice for Indian conditions.
I did not try out the variants with 17 inch wheels, so cannot really comment. The ride quality has been excellent for my daily drive of 56 kms on Bangalore roads (or should I say bangalore pot holes). Did 800+kms of highway drive and the ride was plush on the highways. No worries there.

To be honest, the initial Alcazar reviews of lower powered diesel engine (1.5L vs 2.0 L on the competition) has not bothered me one bit. I am a relaxed driver and found the engine power to be adequate. The Hyundai diesel engines are always great (I owned the Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi for 8 years). And this one is no different.

On the comparison front between Creta and Alcazar, I find the Alcazar much more premium because of the interior dash board color scheme (personal opinion) and the front + rear are much more pleasing to the eye than Creta. The side profile definitely looks imposing. The starry night color also looks smashing.
Old 20th May 2022, 16:35   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I think Alacazar is good alternative to those who are in market for Creta, but can't purchase it due to various reasons. I also booked Alcazar Petrol Automatic as I had concerns with Reliability of DCT gearbox in Creta. The bigger boot on Alcazar and 360 Camera is an advantage. I was happy with low end response of the 2.0 NA petrol engine, though it won't have same power at mid range due to lower torque.

The 18" wheel has a profile of 55% as compared to 60% in the 17" (yes its inverse)on the Alcazar. I am not sure if this translates into any kind of vulnerability to side wall damage, in the Alcazar. My 18"ers are way more comfortable for the 2nd row on a rough patch (with a full house) than any other 16"er car/UV I've experienced. Don't know why reviewers state otherwise.
OT - got a TPMS warning for right rear wheel, after a drenched night in Bangalore, didn't go off even when the PSI was at 35. Drove with it to Pune. Googled and tried all the hacks, the error didn't budge. Finally took it to the SC today. They reset it, now it seems ok. Thank God I didn't get it checked for Punctures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks