Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:04   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
from Advaith, it was a short & pleasant experience overall. We did go in for exchange and Advaith team gave us the best VFM offer, as compared to the many online / app based players.

OT - We had considered Kia Carens and did TD etc at Epitome Kia. But with the apathetic way they behaved, we just walked out of the showroom & went straight to Advaith. I must add that Nandi Toyota Whitefield was again a very pleasant engagement for us. However based on our short and long term requirement, we opted for Alcazar. Many of the good car brands in India, doesn't realize, how important is the training of the dealer staff, including soft skills, especially since they're the customer facing entity for respective brands.
Did you enquire about Creta at Advaith? I bet you would have got similar (bad and dull) response what you experienced with Kia. It depends if the model you are looking for has huge waitlist.Telling you from personal experience of buying Creta from Advaith They kept pushing me to consider Alcazar.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd June 2022 at 14:07.
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:50   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Did you enquire about Creta at Advaith? I bet you would have got similar (bad and dull) response what you experienced with Kia. It depends if the model you are looking for has huge waitlist.Telling you from personal experience of buying Creta from Advaith They kept pushing me to consider Alcazar.
No, we didn't enquire about Creta, but did ask about Tucson. SA was categorical that 2022 Tucson will be 5 seater, as globally the LBW variant didn't get 7 seater option. My experience with Hyundai, Maruti (Next & Arena) & Toyota dealers has always been reasonably pleasant, unlike many others like VW, Skoda, Honda, Kia etc, where I was made to feel as if they're doing me a favor by answering my queries or even explaining about their cars.
Old 4th June 2022, 13:28   #348

Recommended accessories/modifications for Alcazar

Hi,

I recently booked Alcazar (Taiga Brown 7S Signature AT Petrol). It's delivery is far off (end of August for now), but I wanted to start researching the needed/must have accessories and/or modifications for use in Bangalore and associated cost. Below is what I have been thinking of. Can you guys please share your practical experiences/recommendations with the condition that these should be legal and don't void company warranty?
  1. Dash cam: I already have Rexing V1P Max.
  2. Tyres: I found recommendation in TeamBHP forum (Hyundai Alcazar | Tyre upgrade options) to go for Yoko C drive 2 235/50 R18 for better ride comfort/quality and prevent side wall damage. Would factory fitted Apollo tyres be good enough, or are there any better recommendations apart from Yoko C drive?
  3. Lights: I read that factory fitted LEDs don't have enough throw and spread, hence visibility in night is not that great. Any practical experiences, and recommended replacements?
  4. PPF/Ceramic coating: now, this is one thing I definitely want to go with. But have no idea about which is better and what all to be coated. I saw some feedback in TeamBHP forum that Ceramic coating is better than PPF. Any recommendations for good dealers in Bangalore who do quality work without charging a bomb or taking me for a ride?
  5. 7D mats: AFAIK these provide better dirt protection than 3D mats. Any ideas if these are good for all weather as it's typically rainy/muddy in Bangalore? The ones sold by Hyundai, are they good?
  6. Door edge guards
  7. Boot mats: Any recommendation on boot map which will also cover 3rd row when it's down?
  8. Seat covers: I am torn on this. I like the color of the default ones, but then there is always the possibility of them getting dirty. As these are ventilated seats, is it a good idea to go for extra seat covers? If yes, any suggestions on the ones I should go for?
  9. Window and sunroof film: are these legal? If yes, which ones I can go for to protect from UV rays and heat, without fearing Bangalore cops?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th June 2022, 09:31   #349
BHPian

Re: Recommended accessories/modifications for Alcazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by f9_abs View Post
Hi,

I recently booked Alcazar (Taiga Brown 7S Signature AT Petrol). It's delivery is far off (end of August for now)

[*]Tyres: I found recommendation in TeamBHP forum (Hyundai Alcazar | Tyre upgrade options) to go for Yoko C drive 2 235/50 R18 for better ride comfort/quality and prevent side wall damage. Would factory fitted Apollo tyres be good enough, or are there any better recommendations apart from Yoko C drive?

The 235/50 tyres wont offer much sidewall protection and sidewall is actually on lower side compared to stock size 215/55 by 2mm. The factory fitted Apollos seems to be good from what I have read so far

Quote:
[*]Seat covers: I am torn on this. I like the color of the default ones, but then there is always the possibility of them getting dirty. As these are ventilated seats, is it a good idea to go for extra seat covers? If yes, any suggestions on the ones I should go for?
I think factory fitted seats provides best comfort and I did not use any seat cover in my previous Car (Creta). Since these are leather ventilated seats, adding seat covers is not desirable.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 08:19   #350
BHPian

Quote:

[*]Tyres: I found recommendation in TeamBHP forum (Hyundai Alcazar | Tyre upgrade options) to go for Yoko C drive 2 235/50 R18 for better ride comfort/quality and prevent side wall damage. Would factory fitted Apollo tyres be good enough, or are there any better recommendations apart from Yoko C drive?

Having done 3000 kms in about a month with my Alcazar Signature Diesel AT, I am happy with the Apollo tyres for now.

Quote:
[*]Lights: I read that factory fitted LEDs don't have enough throw and spread, hence visibility in night is not that great. Any practical experiences, and recommended replacements?
Lights are good. No worries for me. I think folks who complained may have left it in the auto mode. I find switching on the low beam is sufficient for night driving.

Quote:
[*]7D mats: AFAIK these provide better dirt protection than 3D mats. Any ideas if these are good for all weather as it's typically rainy/muddy in Bangalore? The ones sold by Hyundai, are they good?
I got the 7D mats provided by dealer for INR 9000. Found this to be good. But you may hunt around and get them cheaper in other places.

Quote:
[*]Door edge guards
Did not get these.

Quote:
[*]Boot mats: Any recommendation on boot map which will also cover 3rd row when it's down?
I got mine from an accessories shop in Jayanagar. More details in this post -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5317565 (Hyundai Alcazar Review)
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 15:02   #351
Team-BHP Support

My immediate neighbor has got this and due to panoramic sun-roof and length it does look premium, I keep looking at it if I am strolling on my terrace. While I appreciate Hyundai for giving a clean rear, tail lamps should have had some design.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_0953.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 21:51   #352

About Boot Cover

Hello Folks,

It’s very useful to read through these experiences and reviews. I have booked an Alcazar (Trident Hyundai BLR), last month and have been promised delivery in August first week.

My question relates to a boot cover. Basically with the 3rd row upright, is it possible to get a cover that conceals the boot, simile to how it’s in i20 (I have one and am sure other cars may have the same feature). This cover is detachable so it can be removed when not in use. I find it a v useful feature especially when you want to leave behind say a laptop bag or such other stuff that’s valuable.

Thanks in advance.

Bibhu
Old 12th June 2022, 21:57   #353
BHPian

Hi guys...

My nephew and I drive Dusters for many years now, all over the country and even outside the country (the last I know Bhutan was another country) and both of us were thinking of moving to the diesel Alcazar for our highway runs. Our initial drive impressions have been very positive, and despite being Duster snobs (only about the suspension/ride/handling), we both were very humbled by the way the diesel automatic Alcazar handled bad roads. The test drive vehicle from Whitefield Hyundai had 6500 km on the odo and was shod with 18 inch wheels. So I guess the one with 17 inch wheels will be even plusher.

Which diesel automatic variant will be the most VFM according to you guys?

We are also considering the Scorpio, but if it is just the Alcazar, which diesel automatic variant would make the most sense?
Also, is it possible to upsize the tyres? The ONLY thing that robs the Alcazar of perfect proportions is the puny size of the wheels. Is it possible to buy the 17" wheel version and upsize a bit for a cushier ride?

Oreen

Last edited by Oreen : 12th June 2022 at 22:01. Reason: added more questions
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:10   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post

Which diesel automatic variant will be the most VFM according to you guys?

We are also considering the Scorpio, but if it is just the Alcazar, which diesel automatic variant would make the most sense?
Also, is it possible to upsize the tyres? The ONLY thing that robs the Alcazar of perfect proportions is the puny size of the wheels. Is it possible to buy the 17" wheel version and upsize a bit for a cushier ride?

Oreen
Is the question about which Alcazar variant (Prestige, Platinum or Signature) for diesel automatic ? The engine is all same across these variants. Or is the question more about the wheel sizes the variants offer ?
Old 25th June 2022, 20:59   #355
mtk
BHPian

I have booked Alcazar 1.5 D AT Signature. The sales representative said it will take 3 months to deliver. People from Cochin who have booked Alcazar what were the real waiting period for you?

Also, I have been quoted 2,467,538 on road. This was on 11-June. But when I went to their showroom a month back I was quoted 2,435,837. The difference was insurance. Want to know how much did the existing owners, based out of Cochin, pay for insurance and overall on road.

Thanks in advance!
Old 26th June 2022, 10:35   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibhudutta.pani View Post
My question relates to a boot cover. Basically with the 3rd row upright, is it possible to get a cover that conceals the boot, simile to how it’s in i20 (I have one and am sure other cars may have the same feature). This cover is detachable so it can be removed when not in use. I find it a v useful feature especially when you want to leave behind say a laptop bag or such other stuff that’s valuable.
Cover for the boot may not be required. With the 3rd row seat upright, boot space is less visible from outside. Also, there is very little chances of objects of flying inside the vehicle. And if you frequently use the boot space, removing the cover and placing it back again will be a hassle. My personal opinion.
Old 27th June 2022, 17:28   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
People from Cochin who have booked Alcazar what were the real waiting period for you?

Want to know how much did the existing owners, based out of Cochin, pay for insurance and overall on road.
@mtk I am from Thrissur, Took delivery of alcazar D AT signature 7 seater in second week of this month. I hadn't booked the vehicle, but had test drove and expressed interest in the vehicle. One day they called telling the model I want is available. I went to the showroom , checked the vehicle and was satisfied. Vehicle had manufacturing month of June 2022.
The total amount paid was 2341938 excluding insurance. Insurance I bought from outside for about 35000.

This is my first post in the forum, feeling happy to be part of this great community.
unniaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 21:16   #358
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unniaan View Post
@mtk I am from Thrissur, Took delivery of alcazar D AT signature 7 seater in second week of this month. I hadn't booked the vehicle, but had test drove and expressed interest in the vehicle. One day they called telling the model I want is available. I went to the showroom , checked the vehicle and was satisfied. Vehicle had manufacturing month of June 2022.
The total amount paid was 2341938 excluding insurance. Insurance I bought from outside for about 35000.

This is my first post in the forum, feeling happy to be part of this great community.
Thanks for the clarity. I have booked a 6 seater. Maybe that's why the waiting period. But I hope I get the vehicle before Aug-14th as I have planned a Wayanad trip.

I will use your amount as a reference to try and negotiate. Thanks again!
mtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 12:43   #359

Quote:
[*]PPF/Ceramic coating: now, this is one thing I definitely want to go with. But have no idea about which is better and what all to be coated. I saw some feedback in TeamBHP forum that Ceramic coating is better than PPF. Any recommendations for good dealers in Bangalore who do quality work without charging a bomb or taking me for a ride?
Can anyone please suggest on this?
f9_abs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 08:57   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I have booked Alcazar 1.5 D AT Signature. The sales representative said it will take 3 months to deliver. People from Cochin who have booked Alcazar what were the real waiting period for you?

Also, I have been quoted 2,467,538 on road. This was on 11-June. But when I went to their showroom a month back I was quoted 2,435,837. The difference was insurance. Want to know how much did the existing owners, based out of Cochin, pay for insurance and overall on road.

Thanks in advance!
I managed to negotiate my B2B Insurance to 57k with the dealer for my Signature AT Petrol from NCS when I bought this last August. I showed them comparable quotes from outside and they were willing to match it.
devakj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks