Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 13:57   #361
BHPian

Re: Recommended accessories/modifications for Alcazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by f9_abs View Post
Can anyone please suggest on this?
I'm also expecting the delivery of my Alcazar 2.0 AT Signature 7Str Starry Night color in July. Want to go for full PPF but somewhere I'm not comfortable with getting the handles and emblems removed and then refitted on a brand new car. Really don't know if it will develop some problem / rattling in near future because of it. Is there anyone from Delhi NCR who can throw some light on this?
Old 30th June 2022, 14:59   #362
mtk
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
I managed to negotiate my B2B Insurance to 57k with the dealer for my Signature AT Petrol from NCS when I bought this last August. I showed them comparable quotes from outside and they were willing to match it.
Got you. Thanks! Can’t wait for the car to be delivered.
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:28   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
I managed to negotiate my B2B Insurance to 57k with the dealer for my Signature AT Petrol from NCS when I bought this last August. I showed them comparable quotes from outside and they were willing to match it.
Just curious - what was the original quote? I was quoted about 1.15L by the dealer but the dealer didn't have any issue with me going my own way for insurance. I got a premium quote of 53k net of all GST.
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:11   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraghavan View Post
Just curious - what was the original quote? I was quoted about 1.15L by the dealer but the dealer didn't have any issue with me going my own way for insurance. I got a premium quote of 53k net of all GST.
Mine was close to 1.07 or so. When I tried outside for an insurance with all the same benefits (B2B, Zero dep, Invoice price, engine cover etc..), lowest I got was 57k. Asked them to match and they readily did.
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:29   #365
BHPian

Got a Diesel Manual 3 weeks back, 3k up in the last 3 weeks and it has been a good decision till now. Need was for a replacement of Creta so the buy decision was based on thinking of it as a Creta with bigger boot and feature list

Pros :
Size is perfect for city

Mileage does not hurt

Feature laden

Brown interiors looks like a segment above and Zero Windscreen glare as compared to Creta

The Speedometer console screen in sharp

360 camera

blind spot view when using indicators is a boon

Cons :

A tad under powered

Felt lighter than First Gen Creta on the highway (am confused on this one, will appreciate if anyone can provide input)

Hyundai Alcazar Review-alcazar.jpeg
sids1811 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 20:03   #366
BHPian

I've got a quote from Hyundai, while am ok with the overall pricing and offers, think they are overcharging in terms of the insurance. what is the mandatory duration of insurance to be purchased for new cars? I read last year that all new cars need a mandatory 5-year third-party insurance. The dealer is offering me a 3 year long Third Party insurance (not comprehensive) at an exorbitant rate of 90K for 3 years? The offers on the policy bazaar are way cheaper than what the dealer is quoting.

What have you as fellow buyers done? some insights will help me am yet to be allocated the car, so the final pricing and quotes will be done once the car is allocated.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th July 2022 at 11:36.
Old 5th July 2022, 10:31   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
What have you as fellow buyers done? some insights will help me, am yet to be allocated the car, so the final pricing and quotes will be done once the car is allocated.
I got insurance from the market; it works out much cheaper. My suggestion is not to go with insurance from the dealer.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th July 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Trimmed quote post; grammar, punctuation
parthkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 5th July 2022, 13:32   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've got a quote from Hyundai, while am ok with the overall pricing and offers, think they are overcharging in terms of the insurance. what is the mandatory duration of insurance to be purchased for new cars? I read last year that all new cars need a mandatory 5-year third-party insurance. The dealer is offering me a 3 year long Third Party insurance (not comprehensive) at an exorbitant rate of 90K for 3 years? The offers on the policy bazaar are way cheaper than what the dealer is quoting.

What have you as fellow buyers done? some insights will help me am yet to be allocated the car, so the final pricing and quotes will be done once the car is allocated.
3 years third party insurance is compulsory as per govt rule and price is standard. Along with that, own damage can be purchased for one year (there are multi year own damage options also available but most of the people stick to one year policy).

Hyundai dealers are quoting very high premium. Please do some research online and ask the dealer to offer competitive quote (best would be to ask them to match the quote). Otherwise you can politely tell them that you will buy your own insurance. You can purchase on your own once the dealer shares car chassis and engine number with you during allotment. Please keep in mind that insurance needs to purchased before registration since it is needed to complete RTO paper work.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th July 2022 at 14:00.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 16:38   #369
BHPian

An acquaintance is torn between the XUV700 AX5 Diesel AT and Alcazar Diesel Signature(o) AT. But he is leaning mostly towards the Alcazar considering its a much more mature product than XUV700 which still some gremlins. Also the AX5 looses out on a lot of features(seat ventilation, auto AC,360 deg camera,lane change camera,no of airbags) when compared to the Alcazar Signature variant.

A question from his end is that would the ride be more comfier if he switches to the tyre size of the prestige variant (215/60 R17) .Would it result in a better mileage and also the availability of tyres in this size is much more than the 18 inches ?
Old 7th July 2022, 08:50   #370
BHPian

2 months/5000Km update:

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220707_020950060.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220527_095845142.night.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220527_095938800.jpg

Its been an amazing 2 months with my Alcazar and completed 5000 kms. Absolutely happy with my decision to get the Alcazar over the other cars I had in mind. Considering Alcazar was not even in my initial list of cars to consider, I am pretty impressed. I feel when the new Tucson launches, I may feel a tinge of sadness due to missing it out, but then at 25L vs 35+L (expected), I cannot complain. An EMI free life is worth the compromise on this car. And mind it, it is not a major compromise.

So, some stats for the 5000Kms-

1. About 1500 Kms of highway drives + 3500 kms of BLR onroad - off roading.
2. Average mileage on the MID is 14.3kmpl, but tank full to tank full method shows 12.5kmpl.
3. BLR-Coimbatore trip - Extremely heavy rains. Tyre grip was superb.
4. BLR-Chitradurga trip - Was very comfortable. Was a regular/ordinary trip.
5. Worst mileage was about 9kmpl - in a BLR jammed up road.
6. Best mileage of 26kmpl - On a pure highway run.

1. Love the high seating position. Coming from a Verna, this is a different feeling.
2. Steering response on the Alcazar is a surprise. This is truly an under rated car in terms of steering response. It is not a VAG, but great improvement from Hyundai in handling department. Again reference point of Verna as well.
3. The gadgets. Love them. How was driving all these years without the 360 cam.
4. Suspension. Loving how I just dont feel the pot holes and speedbreakers in the city.
5. Super silent cabin.
6. The engine is good enough. There were lot of questions on if the 1.5L diesel is underpowered. Well for me - it is not.
7. Auto hold is a boon in the city. Again another feature that we know we have missed all this while only after we use it.
8. 590 L boot with last row seats down. Is a true upgrade over the Verna. I had rejected a few cars just because of the boot space.

Dislikes/Niggles:
1. The screen hung up 3 times when running wired android auto. It seems more like an android auto problem than a Hyundai issue. Was able to get it back up by power resetting the unit. Did not have to restart the car.
2. There are a couple of rattles when going over speed bumps. One is the seatbelt on the passenger side. The other is from the glove box.
3. The arm rest should have been a few inches longer. It was perfect on my Verna. In the alcazar, I find it too short.

Accessories:
1. Got Motorola MA1 from the US. Total damage: INR 8000. This converts wired android auto to wireless. After a couple of weeks of use my thoughts. Well, I can live without it as well. The main issue is the battery drain on the phone when running wireless AA. So, I end up hooking up the phone to the charger in the car anyways.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220707_021010737.jpg

2. The 7D floor mats are a boon in the rainy season. Have been easy to clean.
3. Got a creta boot mat for the Alcazar from an accessory shop for INR 1100. This covers about 90% of the boot with last row seats down. Would love to get a customized one for the Alcazar, but cant find any in the market yet.

Trips planned:
1. Will be on a drive to coastal Karnataka in August. Thanks a ton to neighbor and BHPian @speedsatya for the route suggestions.
2. Planning for a Leh drive within the next year. God willing.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220527_100053031.jpg  

Naetik30 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:31   #371
BHPian

Hello Folks,
Just read this news online:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/92706009.cms

Alcazar got a new base variant named Prestige Executive and guess what, the new base variant got the much needed and sought after feature "Wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play" which is still not there on the top model.
The ICE unit is 8 inch one which comes with wireless AA and ACP.
Kulvinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 20:58   #372

Quote:
I recently booked Alcazar (Taiga Brown 7S Signature AT Petrol). It's delivery is far off (end of August for now)
So, got a call from one of the sales team manager in Laxmi Hyundai today (probably because I woke him up last Sunday morning and complained about how disappointed I have been with the customer engagement and professionalism of his team despite buying such an expensive car) and he informed me that I have been allotted my car with the same color I booked!

Not sure how much it is true, but he said that he got me this allotment over some other customer because of how dissatisfied I was. Not buying this story, but still it's a big relief to get car delivered 4-6 weeks early as relying on Uber/Rapido has been a nightmare.

Anyways, my car is in transit and I should be able to do PDI this weekend (will use TeamBHP checklist) and get delivery in max 10 days as I have taken company lease and it'll take them a few days to complete the formalities.

As the wheels have turned much faster, I now urgently need suggestions on the PPF vs ceramic coating, and recommended vendors in Bangalore. Please help.
Old 8th July 2022, 18:58   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
An acquaintance is torn between the XUV700 AX5 Diesel AT and Alcazar Diesel Signature(o) AT. But he is leaning mostly towards the Alcazar considering its a much more mature product than XUV700 which still some gremlins. Also the AX5 looses out on a lot of features(seat ventilation, auto AC,360 deg camera,lane change camera,no of airbags) when compared to the Alcazar Signature variant.

A question from his end is that would the ride be more comfier if he switches to the tyre size of the prestige variant (215/60 R17) .Would it result in a better mileage and also the availability of tyres in this size is much more than the 18 inches ?
Guys any comment on this?
Old 11th July 2022, 12:38   #374
BHPian

Quote:
So, got a call from one of the sales team manager in Laxmi Hyundai today (probably because I woke him up last Sunday morning and complained about how disappointed I have been with the customer engagement and professionalism of his team despite buying such an expensive car) and he informed me that I have been allotted my car with the same color I booked!
Congrats on your Alcazar - happy and safe driving.
Did you book your car via their Whitefield/HopeFarm showroom? I've booked mine and its been 2 weeks since I made the down payment. how long did you have to wait post your booking?
I was told that delivery can take anywhere around 10-12 weeks. While I was initially ready to wait a couple of months - the excitement of getting my hands on the new car is killing me.
Old 11th July 2022, 12:55   #375

Quote:
Congrats on your Alcazar - happy and safe driving.
Thanks!

Quote:
Did you book your car via their Whitefield/HopeFarm showroom?
No, it's from their Hebbal showroom.

Quote:
I've booked mine and its been 2 weeks since I made the down payment. how long did you have to wait post your booking?
I got the booking confirmation on 14th May, and was originally given delivery date of "by end of August". I read somewhere recently that waiting period for Alcazar has now dropped down to ~2 months, but it all depends on color and variant. Initially, they offered me faster delivery if I would have gone for diesel variant in white or starry night color. So, keep your fingers crossed, give them some alternate color options and keep checking with your sales consultant and their manager regularly.
f9_abs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed