Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2022, 16:19   #376
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Got the 2nd service for my car done today. My car had only run 4830km, I hope with everything getting back to normal it might see some usage. There was an ECU upgrade too, got it done but there is nothing extraordinary in it as told to me by the service guy. I asked him if wireless carplay will come anytime soon, he said if the car supports wireless charging, there is a high chance that company might introduce it. I have read it at many places that the 10 inch unit in Alcazar and Creta doesn’t support wireless carplay.
The service total came to ₹2665.
Engine oil and oil filter were changed. Got joint lubrication done too. I was not pushed to get done anything. I got wheel alignment done a couple of months back so denied it. And there was this Diesel chemical which he said would help the car but it didn’t made sense to me so I left it.

They had 3 layer teflon coating at just 1200₹ which seemed like a steal deal to me, he mentioned that the car wouldn’t hold any water marks. I can’t believe it would be of really good quality though and it was raining so he recommended not getting it done today.
Has anyone got it done?
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 11:38   #377
mtk
BHPian

Owners, what’s your take on the headlight of Alcazar? Heard so many comments that the headlights are not powerful.

Seeking honest opinions.
Old 17th July 2022, 23:28   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Owners, what’s your take on the headlight of Alcazar? Heard so many comments that the headlights are not powerful.

Seeking honest opinions.
I have been using the Alcazar since Oct of last year. Yes i feel the headlight are not bright enough. Reason is our roads and inner roads do not have proper lighting.
Now when i went in for the 10K service last month, i asked about changing the leds. Unfortunately the whole head light unit is sealed and one cannot replace the led. This is the explanation i got from the Service Engineer.

On YouTube some owners replaced the fog lamps with after market setup which gives more illumination. But in my view it did not look good design wise.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 06:58   #379
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I have been using the Alcazar since Oct of last year. Yes, i feel the headlight are not bright enough. Reason is our roads and inner roads do not have proper lighting.
Now when i went in for the 10K service last month, i asked about changing the leds. Unfortunately the whole head light unit is sealed and one cannot replace the led. This is the explanation i got from the Service Engineer.

On YouTube some owners replaced the fog lamps with after market setup which gives more illumination. But in my view it did not look good design wise.
Yes, that’s what I've heard too. Even if you replace the unit it's still going to be the same old brightness.

I've been binge-watching these videos. Replacing the fog lamp unit is a no-go for me. Looks super ugly. Saw another video where a lightbar was installed on the bottom bumper. While it looks better I'm not fully convinced on that either.
Old 18th July 2022, 07:46   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Seeking honest opinions.
Yes, it's poor. Of the lot, I find my Creta headlights the best (Projector + Halogen). The best bet would be change the fog bulbs. But again, it's a wedge shaped design so unfortunately you won't be able to add projectors. Just a bulb swap.
I have seen few guys downgrade their Creta's (new model) LED's to projectors and install HIDs. See if that can be done.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 09:29   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that’s what I've heard too. Even if you replace the unit it's still going to be the same old brightness.

I've been binge-watching these videos. Replacing the fog lamp unit is a no-go for me. Looks super ugly. Saw another video where a lightbar was installed on the bottom bumper. While it looks better I'm not fully convinced on that either.
I find it adequate. Its not like the after market night blinders. But more than adequate for my kind of driving. Also, do remember that having extremely bright lights blind oncoming traffic as well as distract the cars in the front through reflection on their IRVMs.
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 09:49   #382
BHPian

Quote:

Seeking honest opinions.
It depends on your usage and area where you drive. I find it adequate for the city drives. Have not driven it on highways during the night, so can't comment on it. Read it on the Alcazar owners forum on Facebook that some focusing of headlights from the service center has improved the throw. I would personally refrain from doing any out of the box modification to the originals unless Hyundai comes up with a solution for the same.
VNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 10:41   #383

Has anyone else noticed on HMIL website that Alcazar price has been cut by ~30k?
The top most Signature variant with DT was priced around 20.25 lakh ex showroom and now all variants have been priced under 20 lakh on their website
Old 18th July 2022, 10:50   #384
BHPian

Has anybody faced DPF issues in their Diesel Alcazar till now?
Old 18th July 2022, 12:55   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_008 View Post
Has anyone else noticed on HMIL website that Alcazar price has been cut by ~30k?
The top most Signature variant with DT was priced around 20.25 lakh ex showroom and now all variants have been priced under 20 lakh on their website
Seems to be same on the website for Maharashtra - Ref from Hyundai website

1.5 l CRDi Diesel 6-Speed Automatic Signature (O) 7 seater ₹ 1,999,900
1.5 l CRDi Diesel 6-Speed Automatic Signature (O) 6 seater Dual Tone ₹ 2,025,000
Old 18th July 2022, 15:33   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Seems to be same on the website for Maharashtra - Ref from Hyundai website

1.5 l CRDi Diesel 6-Speed Automatic Signature (O) 7 seater ₹ 1,999,900
1.5 l CRDi Diesel 6-Speed Automatic Signature (O) 6 seater Dual Tone ₹ 2,025,000
Attaching 2 images when you proceed to book the car online on their 'Click to Buy' option
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-screenshot_20220718152939.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-screenshot_20220718152950.jpg  

Old 18th July 2022, 16:20   #387
BHPian

Not only the prices have changed, some variants also have been chopped. The Prestige(O) diesel automatic is no longer available. Instead one can get the cheaper executive edition or stretch to Platinum(O) for the diesel automatic.

Maybe those who are waiting in line for the Carens upper variants will shift to the Alcazar? Or, are they making space for some future model (Tucson/Stargazer)?

Last edited by TT-S : 18th July 2022 at 16:23.
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 16:44   #388
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Can you show the screenshot? Also which state and city?

I tried with both Karnataka and Kerala it shows the old rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
Not only the prices have changed, some variants also have been chopped. The Prestige(O) diesel automatic is no longer available. Instead one can get the cheaper executive edition or stretch to Platinum(O) for the diesel automatic.

Maybe those who are waiting in line for the Carens upper variants will shift to the Alcazar? Or, are they making space for some future model (Tucson/Stargazer)?
What are the new prices? Would be great if you can share a link or a screenshot. Will help in my purchase decision as a booking is already placed with the old rates.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th July 2022 at 17:22. Reason: back to back posts
Old 18th July 2022, 16:56   #389
BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar updated/Revised variant lineup
There is no prestige variant and it is replaced by prestige Executive variant.
from the Previous News/information, there should be 4 Variants.
  1. Prestige Executive
  2. Prestige
  3. Platinum
  4. Signature
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/252758-hyundai-alcazar-get-affordable-executive-variants.html (Hyundai Alcazar to get affordable Executive variants)

As per the latest brochure, Only 3 variants
  1. Prestige Executive
  2. Platinum
  3. Signature
Name:  Variants.PNG
Views: 1769
Size:  22.6 KB

Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.png

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.png

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3.png

Name:  4.png
Views: 1703
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  5.PNG
Views: 1755
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  6.PNG
Views: 1819
Size:  53.0 KB

Hyundai Alcazar Review-7.png

Brochure:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf alcazar.pdf (1.91 MB, 135 views)
JacksonStorm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:48   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching 2 images when you proceed to book the car online on their 'Click to Buy' option
From the screenshots, it seems to be correct to me - please see that both the options you selected are not DT, and thus 19,99,000/- is the correct ex-showroom price, like how it was earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks