Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:35   #391
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

A question to Alcazar Diesel AT owners: is the transmission and engine sound too loud inside the cabin when the rpm crosses ~2500 rpm? I took a test drive and the vehicle sounded really loud when pushed. The petrol AT was much more silent even when pushed.
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:16   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
A question to Alcazar Diesel AT owners: is the transmission and engine sound too loud inside the cabin when the rpm crosses ~2500 rpm? I took a test drive and the vehicle sounded really loud when pushed. The petrol AT was much more silent even when pushed.
Diesel will definitely sound loud when pushed and when compared to the petrol sibling. I can definitely feel the difference as there's a petrol Alcazar along side my Creta diesel.

But having said that, it should be well insulated when compared to other manufacturers from the same segment. My Creta doesn't have the hood insulation and I don't find it bothering me much.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:34   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
It does not sound too loud. Engine sound is minimal. It could be that sound was coming from Air purifier and perfume dispenser if it was switched on.

I am into 9th month of my ownership of Diesel AT clocking 15100 kms so far. I am fully satisfied with car's performance and quality.
RajeevSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:59   #394
BHPian

Any idea why has Hyundai cut the number of trims available on the Alcazar?

Its been 3+ weeks since I made the down payment for my Alcazar (D, 6 str, Signature AT) I've been told to wait for 9-10 weeks. Looks like the Diesel variants are taking time to be allocated. The wait is killing.
Old 24th July 2022, 00:03   #395
BHPian

Another thing I observed was that the leather seats in the top versions were less comfortable than the fabric seats in the base version. Basically the lumbar support was missing. To be frank my I10 with aftermarket fabric seat covers gave me more comfort than the leather seats.Has anybody observed the same? Any possibility of adding a seat cover on the non ventilated front seats?

I took the drives in trident Hyundai Hosur Road. I was attended by an excellent sales advisor named Rizwan. Anybody going to this showroom can ask for him. Excellent chap with good knowledge about cars. Also he said that the accessories part and all were optional and can get it removed if I don't want. Also he told me that he has a top end signature petrol automatic 6 seater in stock too if anybody is interested.

Last edited by callmeneo : 24th July 2022 at 00:06.
Old 24th July 2022, 15:15   #396
BHPian

I had a question to all Alcazar owners. When you book a car, shouldn't there be an acknowledgement from the OEM. While the dealer has been in touch with me via WhatsApp and email, I've got nothing from Hyundai.

Also because like M&M have an online tracker of booking status, I see none of it with Hyundai. Is that normal??

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 05:07. Reason: SMS lingo
Old 24th July 2022, 19:25   #397
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
I had a question to all Alcazar owners. When you book a car, Shouldn't there be an acknowledgement from the OEM. While the dealer has been in touch with me via Whatsapp and Email, I've got nothing from Hyundai.

Also Cos like M&M have an online tracker of booking status, I see none of it with Hyundai. Is that normal??
+1 on that.

I haven’t received any communication from Hyundai either.
mtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 07:46   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had a question to all Alcazar owners. When you book a car, shouldn't there be an acknowledgement from the OEM. While the dealer has been in touch with me via WhatsApp and email, I've got nothing from Hyundai.

Also because like M&M have an online tracker of booking status, I see none of it with Hyundai. Is that normal??
Hyundai will get in touch with you when it's time for the JD Power customer survey.

Unfortunately, they are silent. I had a tough time to get a call from Hyundai when the ABS sensor failed in my Creta.

Ford, M&M are better in this regard.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 16:37   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ford, M&M are better in this regard.
Spot on Naveen. I had a Ford Figo (2010 model) for which way back I got an email acknowledgement and welcome message into their family, from Ford India, like wise when I bought my TUV300.

I've an interesting turn of events to share.

I contacted Hyundai via their chat to let them know of their lack of acknowledgement once a buyer has booked their car. Within couple of hours, I get a call from the DGM of my dealership stating he wants to meet me and is on his way to my home.

While am totally surprised, I eventually gather from the DGM that Hyundai has raised an escalation against the dealer based on my feedback on chat.

While I felt nice that the dealers were taking even a feedback as a complaint, I had to let the dealer and Hyundai know that my chat was more of a feedback for the OEM and not a complaint - and none of it was directed at the dealer.

I still feel Hyundai should have some sort a direct connect with their buyers the day a car is booked and confirmed. After all a car is a second home on wheels.

As I write its been 4 weeks since my booking, no luck on my car. All I know is Hyundai is yet to allocate a car (based on verbal feedback from my dealer).

Last edited by Aditya : 27th July 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Capitalisation
Old 27th July 2022, 17:17   #400
BHPian

Quote:

Agreed! Alcazar is my 4th Hyundai and I dont remember any acknowledgement from the OEM during my purchases. I was only contacted for survey regarding my purchase experience and service experience survey post every service.

However, post two weeks of purchasing an Alcazar, I got a call from the regional head asking me about my experience with the car. I have been in touch with him since then.
VNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 22:22   #401

I got DPF regenerate warning in my alcazar diesel yesterday. "Diesel filter regeneration required" message was shown on instrumentation cluster with a warning symbol ( sorry, forgot to take a picture). Later we went for some spirited fast driving in sport mode for about 30 minutes , but the message remained after restarting. So decided to go for regenerate option shown in the warning message. After meeting prerequisites like high beam, full AC blower, rear defogger on, open bonnet etc regeneration started and took 27 minutes. Later "regeneration finished and restart engine" message came. On restarting the warning message was cleared.

I had taken delivery of the car about one and a half months back and had driven about 1800 kms. Since last 15 days the car was being only driven by wife with short trips (max of 10kms). I was not much aware about the dpf problem & was surprised to face the issue at 1800kms. Seems nobody in the forum has faced this issue (even after several thousands of kms) in alcazar so far.

Today I had a call with service center staff to understand more about the issue. He said it is normal and regeneration has to be done manually at regular intervals & passive regeneration by driving is not possible. He didn't seem to be well informed about the matter.

The engine sound seems to be slightly higher after the issue. I am concerned whether the refinement levels of the engine will take a nosedive if the issue recurs frequently. After facing dpf issue at such an early stage of purchase and reading about dpf in BS6 vehicles ,I am doubting my choice of going for the BS6 diesel engine.

Last edited by unniaan : 28th July 2022 at 22:49. Reason: Punctuation errors
unniaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 17:39   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unniaan View Post
I got DPF regenerate warning in my alcazar diesel yesterday.
Do you have the manual or automatic version?

Quote:
Since last 15 days the car was being only driven by wife with short trips (max of 10kms).
Does the usage include a lot of idling with A/C on? It would be nice to know the usage patterns that might have triggered the DPF warning, for potential buyers like me.

Quote:
The engine sound seems to be slightly higher after the issue.
Is this observed while the DPF warning light was ON, or after doing the regeneration process?
Old 29th July 2022, 19:42   #403

Do you have the manual or automatic version?
Automatic.

Does the usage include a lot of idling with A/C on?
Short trips with not much idling, AC on all the time.

Is this observed while the DPF warning light was ON, or after doing the regeneration process?
After doing the regeneration process , engine sound seems slightly higher.

Also I must make clear that before this dpf issue popping up ,I was totally happy with the car. My wife prefers to drive it more than our new Nexon EV Max. She feels alcazar is much easier to drive even with the bigger size than nexon.
Only issues I faced with the car were
1 Mild rattling from panoramic sunroof ,which was fully rectified by Hyundai service
2 Had slight difficulty getting the driver seat adjusted to a comfortable position. Finally I think I have found a comfortable position.

Totally happy with the car, but I think I might have gone for the petrol engine as DPF in BS6 diesel seems like half baked solution inviting engine issues in the long run.
unniaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 11:16   #404
BHPian

Just came back from a ~1000 km trip to Kanyakumari from my hometown Palakkad, Kerala. It was a round trip Palakkad - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Trivandrum - Alappuzha-Palakkad.

The car performed exceptionally well and there wasn't any fatigue issues to the passengers or driver. I drive a Platinum 2.0 Petrol Manual and a liter of fuel fetched me around 13 - 14 kms on an average.

Attaching couple of pictures of Alcazar, shot near Vivekananda Rock Memorial.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20220730_144000.jpg

Some places does prove that a panoramic sunroof is worth it.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20220730_144110.jpg

Last edited by VNair : 1st August 2022 at 11:31.
VNair is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 12:40   #405
BHPian

Quote:
I got DPF regenerate warning in my alcazar diesel yesterday.
I visited the service center today to get a set of new wiper blades (under the shield of trust package), as the blades were doing a pretty bad job. The SA informed me that there was also an ECU update needed and I asked him to go ahead.

As the OBD scanner was connected to the car, I also asked them to get a read out of the soot level in the DPF. And to my worry - I found it was at 88%.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220801_055216546.jpg

Not something I expected. And as I am about to start on a long drive this weekend, I asked the SA to clear the soot using active regeneration. But he said it is not possible to do active regeneration if the warning light for DPF has not come on. Is this true?

My regular commutes are 56kms daily (28 kms in each way in BLR traffic at about 22kmph). And in the last 3months of having the Alcazar, I have driven 7000kms (4000kms highway + 3000kms BLR roads).

Am I worrying unnecessarily? And will the soot burnout from 88% levels in the highway drive planned over this weekend?

@unniaan - Can you please explain how you started the active DPF regeneration? I do not see the DPF option on the screen. Will this only turn up if the soot is above a certain %? Did you visit the service center to get anything checked?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220801_054349439.jpg  

Naetik30 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks