Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:51   #451

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
5. I cant find way to open the boot of the car from inside the car. May be I just need to explore the car a bit more to find that out.
The car does not open the boot from inside, but just unlocks it. The normal door unlock button unlocks the boot too. No need to use the key.
Ficture47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 21:20   #452
BHPian

Anyone got an update through OTA? looks like the navi/maps got updated. But no idea what actually is updated
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 08:12   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
Anyone got an update through OTA? looks like the navi/maps got updated. But no idea what actually is updated
I did get an update over the weekend. Took a while to complete. It was the NAVI maps update.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, there was an ECU update in the first week of August. I visited the service center for getting my wiper blades replaced and they couldnt close the ticket without completing the ECU update. It took about 30 minutes and the SA mentioned it was an update related to DPF.
Naetik30 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:14   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I have booked a Creta diesel AT in May and there is no update on the expected delivery date yet. In the mean time, Alcazar looks like a better buy compared to Creta. May I know the reason why you are considering a Petrol and not a diesel. My requirement do not need a diesel, but I am worrying about the low FE of petrol.
In the city, with the larger engine, I am so far getting an FE of around 8 - 8.5. Mine is a petrol as well as my running does not warrant a diesel car.
Old 24th August 2022, 18:23   #455
BHPian

Has any one replaced the stock 215/55 r18 tyres? I am curious what are the options and how much would they affect the ride quality. Noob question - in general would 17 inchers make ride more supple?
Old 31st August 2022, 18:10   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Folks, today I noticed the worst juddering of my Alcazar Diesel AT. So, quick status update - completed 9000kms in the 4 months since I got the car.
Have you identified the issue? I am just curious as i am also planning to get the Diesel variant soon.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 08:04   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Have you identified the issue? I am just curious as i am also planning to get the Diesel variant soon.
I was able to recreate the issue on Tuesday a few times - Maintain speed at 45kmph and rpm at approx 1650 rpm (between 1500 and 1750) and the judder/shudder/jerk occurs. The feeling is kind of like someone is lugging the engine at the wrong gear.

I spoke to Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield service manager Mr. Chetan. Had a good experience with him last time and hope to get the issue resolved. My thought is - this is a clogged injector or a bad injector. Hope to get this fixed under warranty as the car is less than 4 months old. Taking to service now will cover the 10k (2nd service) as well.

Will update once issue is fixed.
Naetik30 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:42   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
Has any one replaced the stock 215/55 r18 tyres? I am curious what are the options and how much would they affect the ride quality. Noob question - in general would 17 inchers make ride more supple?

There is another thread on teambhp on Alcazar Tyre options.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...e-options.html (Hyundai Alcazar | Tyre upgrade options)

Yes 17 inch would be nice, which has more sidewall and less prone to damage as well. I was also looking for same but wheels needs to be changed as well so I am okay with stock 18inchers

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2022 at 07:08. Reason: Typo
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 10:05   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
May I know the reason why you are considering a Petrol and not a diesel. My requirement do not need a diesel, but I am worrying about the low FE of petrol.
My requirement is same as yours. I don't have much running my family has increased from 5 adults to an extra "pair" (twins) of lovely grand daughters so am looking for a 7 seater, I just love my Honda City CVT, it's been a trusted steed last 5.5 years and we also have a Grand i10 automatic. Hence 'ruminating' on what to to! I have to see the Ertiga and XL 6 if required. Wish the XL 7 was also there I'm not much bothered whether it's a petrol or diesel as the running isn't going to be much, moreover the diesel is the weaker of the two with a full load, may be found wanting...

Last edited by Durango Dude : 9th September 2022 at 10:10.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:12   #460
BHPian

I have booked Alcazar diesel variant. I am told that the allocation list has come and the delivery will be before 25 September. Would really appreciate if someone can share the PDI checklist. Also, are there any official accessories that is worthy of purchase. I am taking the Platinum edition.
Old 10th September 2022, 09:54   #461
mtk
BHPian

Exactly after 3 months (booking date: 10-June), I got a call saying that the car has reached the stockyard. I requested whether I could come and see the car to which the associate happily agreed.

Will take the delivery next week as my parents are vacationing. I want them to be there for the delivery.

Managed to record a short video.

The car looks smashing.

mtk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 08:34   #462
BHPian

I have recently completed 1 year service of my Alcazar Diesel AT.

Like always, checked the manual for what to expect, before going to service center. Technician at the service center in Hyderabad listed down standard things like oil change, filter change and some liquids top up. It was a free service so there were no labor charges.

Total cost of material and some additional charges for wheel balancing came to Rs 4.5k.

There were few things that I did check with the technician. While I was not convinced with that specific technician's knowledge, here are his responses.

1. My daily run is around 10 kms (one way) to office. I read somewhere that DPF may need attention if we do short runs regularly. But the technician said it is not an issue and I should not be worried about it at all.

2. Next question was about auto hold feature. At traffic signals, I usually leave the vehicle in D mode and engage auto hold. Will that impact brake pads and fuel efficiency? His answer was "No". Apparently, vehicle's electronics work such a way that forward push is reduced dramatically the moment auto hold gets activated. I am not too convinced with his explanation though. Hence switched to putting the vehicle in N (neutral) + auto hold, if I have to wait at a traffic signal for more than 30 seconds.

3. I recently took ICICI Lombard car insurance and their representative was calling me daily to install a car tracking device that they had sent as part of initial onboarding. While I could spot the OBD port easily in Alcazar, I was not sure if I should install the device. Checked with the service center technician and he said those devices should not be an issue. He did say that Bluelink already tracks the vehicle, so this OBD port device is for insurance company satisfaction only. On a lighter note, he said that if the vehicle gets stolen, first thing the bad guys will do is to remove any device attached to OBD port
vkivaturi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 08:51   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post

3. I recently took ICICI Lombard car insurance and their representative was calling me daily to install a car tracking device that they had sent as part of initial onboarding. While I could spot the OBD port easily in Alcazar, I was not sure if I should install the device. Checked with the service center technician and he said those devices should not be an issue. He did say that Bluelink already tracks the vehicle, so this OBD port device is for insurance company satisfaction only. On a lighter note, he said that if the vehicle gets stolen, first thing the bad guys will do is to remove any device attached to OBD port
I also have the device installed from ICICI Lombard. When you opt for this, they provide a discount on the insurance for anti theft device (of course after charging for some Add-ons which entitiles you the device). So net net the device becomes free but it has to be installed so that anti theft discount is justified. It is very easy job by the icici technician to plug it in OBD port and doesn't affect any wiring or warranty. Since we have Hyundai blue link, this device is an overkill and I haven't been actively tracking or making use of it. Will probably remove the Add on and return the device on insurance renewal.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 10:32   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I recently took ICICI Lombard car insurance and their representative was calling me daily to install a car tracking device that they had sent as part of initial onboarding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I also have the device installed from ICICI Lombard. When you opt for this, they provide a discount on the insurance for anti theft device (of course after charging for some Add-ons which entitiles you the device).
Personally, I'd avoid any such tracking devices especially from insurance companies even if they offered any discounts. I don't want any private entities tracking my vehicle's every movement, location, speed, braking and a zillion other things. In my mind, insurers look for every opportunity to deny claims. Such a device makes their task easier.

Data privacy is in it's infancy in India!
itwasntme is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:32   #465
BHPian

Quote:
At traffic signals, I usually leave the vehicle in D mode and engage auto hold. Will that impact brake pads and fuel efficiency? His answer was "No". Apparently, vehicle's electronics work such a way that forward push is reduced dramatically the moment auto hold gets activated. I am not too convinced with his explanation though. Hence switched to putting the vehicle in N (neutral) + auto hold, if I have to wait at a traffic signal for more than 30 seconds.
I'm not convinced either. Most of the technicians we spoke with have advised against using the auto hold and D mode combination. The best practice usually is to put the transmission on neutral if the wait time is anything more than 20 seconds - with or without auto hold.

In b2b traffic conditions though (wait time of less than 2 seconds), we don't use auto hold as it makes driving a little cumbersome since it needs extra pressure to be put on the A pedal.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 12th September 2022 at 12:41.
Col Mehta is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks