Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:55   #496
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I tried but couldn’t find that option. Can you tell me where this option located?
In your infotainment go to Setup(Button)->General Settings. From here you can change all units.
In case of doubts refer to the booklet which comes separately for the infotainment system.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:07   #497
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
In your infotainment go to Setup(Button)->General Settings. From here you can change all units.
In case of doubts refer to the booklet which comes separately for the infotainment system.
Thanks a bunch! Worked. Was right under my nose.
Old 25th September 2022, 13:17   #498
mtk
BHPian

Is there an option to change the lock and unlock sound to match with the stock horn sound?

The current one is super bad.
Old 28th September 2022, 09:58   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hi could you please note down the rpm at 80 and 100 kmph during your next run?
I checked 80 kmph multiple times recently. Vehicle is usually at 1600 rpm.
vkivaturi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:19   #500
Senior - BHPian

Brought home a white Alcazar Prestige diesel manual 7-seat version on Monday.

This being my first 6-speed manual, has been quite a learning curve.

The wireless Carplay is an absolute pain, keeps disconnecting like crazy. And I can't seem to get the wired Carplay to work, is it not supported at all?

FE is better than I thought, MID shows 20-21 kpl for my commute (used to get 22-23 on my S-Cross).

Will try to get a longer writeup on my experience sometime.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:02   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The wireless Carplay is an absolute pain, keeps disconnecting like crazy. And I can't seem to get the wired Carplay to work, is it not supported at all?
Wired Carplay works well for me. The only issue which I rarely see is that the map screen sometimes freezes until you go to the home screen and back. I didn't know wireless Carplay is supported!
Old 30th September 2022, 12:30   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar12 View Post
Wired Carplay works well for me. The only issue which I rarely see is that the map screen sometimes freezes until you go to the home screen and back. I didn't know wireless Carplay is supported!
Kulvinder had posted here (Hyundai Alcazar Review) couple of months back. I didn't believe until I saw it after taking delivery. The feature isn't even reflected in the brochure or in the Alcazar microsite.

Wireless Carplay implementation in Alcazar is absolutely shoddy. There are intermittent connection issues for no apparent reason

I tried connecting via USB, but its prioritizing Wireless connectivity. Disabled Wifi, but nothing happens on connecting USB.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 07:50   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Booked a Phantom Black Signature(O) Diesel AT 7 seater at RR Kirad Hyundai,Pune. I booked it only after the SA confirmed that the variant is available for immediate delivery. Have blocked the car for now . Will take delivery after pitrupaksh. The sales lead handled my case directly after I told him that you will get my booking only if he has a car readily available for delivery. Gave me a decent discount too and did not force me for any accessory too. The sales lead's name is Vikrant for the interested.
Congratulations on picking up the Alcazar!

I'm too considering one. Could you please tell me/PM me the discounts which were offered to you? I'm unable to find any sort of discounts online for the Alcazar
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:29   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I did not even know Alcazar has a wireless CarPlay. I always thought it was wired. I have not even used the Wired CarPlay to be honest. I just connect my phone to the Bluetooth for music, that is all.
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:44   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
I did not even know Alcazar has a wireless CarPlay. I always thought it was wired. I have not even used the Wired CarPlay to be honest. I just connect my phone to the Bluetooth for music, that is all.
I think wireless Carplay or Android Auto only comes with lower variant which has a smaller infotainment screen.

The Signature variant I own does not come with this feature and it has to do something with compatibility with the bigger screen.

Personally, I don't miss it as it would lead to more battery drain and the experience may not be smooth. The audio quality I suppose would be better if we keep our phones plugged with USB.

Last edited by born_free : 3rd October 2022 at 12:46.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:52   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I think wireless car play or android auto only comes with lower variant which has smaller infotainment screen .

The Signature variant I own does not come with this feature and it has to do something with compatibility with the bigger screen.
Aah, that makes sense, I own the Signature variant as well. I was wondering if I missed something there, thanks for the clarification.

One thing I do wish the Alcazar had was better headlight throw and also illuminated switches for operating windows and mirrors on driver sides. That to me is a huge miss, may be even a safety issue. Especially while driving at night. Other than that, the Car seems great, ofcourse, I will update as an when I come across any further issues, given the car is just 3 months old and I have less than 2500 Kms on it so far.
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:55   #507
BHPian

After around 3 months post booking my car, I got hold of my Alcazar (1.5L Signature, Auto, 6 seater) during the auspicious Navratri period.

Did not wait long to hit the road and take the "Castle" on wheels for a long drive. Destination: Chikkamaglur.

I must say the Diesel car is smooth to drive, love the electronic power steering (having driven cars with hydraulic steering) and boy did the car take care of itself at steep inclines and sharp curves - the auto hold is a blessing at the ghats. Loved every bit of the redundancy that's on offer for the left sided limbs.

Completed a 600km round trip, no major hassles so far. Love the music system (a definite upgrade from my earlier TUV300), the air conditioning and ventilated seats are yet to be tested (the current Bangalore weather and the highlands of Chikkamaglur are not ideal testing grounds for air conditioning). I've taken a fancy for the build-in Map My India navigation app, used it extensively during my trip.

The boot space is decent. Wasn't aware the boot too had a request sensor - not a bad feature, but would've preferred an electric tailgate (not complaining).

An observation (which i will try and rectify during the first servicing) is the on and off rattle at high speeds on the center console. Its a feeble voice heard clearly when the music is off.

Just thought of sharing my first impression about the car we all love on this thread.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th October 2022 at 04:54. Reason: Minor typo.
BattleTank is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 18:03   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post

An observation (which i will try and rectify during the first servicing) is the on and off rattle at high speeds on the center console. Its a feeble voice heard clearly when the music is off.
Congrats and wishing you continuous joy with the car!
I too feel the noise from the center console, like a creaking sound every now and then. I will have it checked too at the next servicing. But I wonder if a fix is available since it seems to come from the plastic material of the console. Any comments, dear fellow BHPians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Yes. I use it for Google maps apart from music. If you use Siri, you can do a bit more hands-free like calling someone, or read out text messages.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th October 2022 at 04:55. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
shankar12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 00:03   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar12 View Post
Congrats and wishing you continuous joy with the car!
I too feel the noise from the center console, like a creaking sound every now and then. I will have it checked too at the next servicing. But I wonder if a fix is available since it seems to come from the plastic material of the console. Any comments, dear fellow BHPians?
We recently got it done on our Creta. The noise is pretty much gone. You would just want to ensure that the technicians working on your car are skillful and know what they are doing.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5384457 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

Another one -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5396688 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)
Col Mehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:54   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post

I too faced this in the initial days of my ownership. It used to irritate me to the core. But after 6-7 months of usage, the Creaking sound is almost gone now. We do not hear it unless we press on the centre Console.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks