Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 23:14   #571
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: KA03/KL09/MH12
Posts: 205
Thanked: 272 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Found a leak in the engine compartment. On top of the intercooler. Also saw some fluid on the shield.

Took it to the service center and the SA said a hose might have cracked or rats must have chewed them.

A thourough check is going to happen tomorrow.

Also touched the milestone 8888 within 1.5 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221123_215814.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221123_215741.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221123_215819.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221123_215844.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221123_205144.jpg  

callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 23:13   #572
mtk
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Bangalore/Kochi
Posts: 26
Thanked: 32 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post

Another question: Do any of you find the headlamps to be underwhelming? From some owner reviews it appears that headlights are almost ineffective at night, especially during rain.
Yes. Driving during night is a challenge. Only when the opposite side vehicle has brighter light. If itís raining then it gets even worse
mtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:23   #573
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 28
Thanked: 79 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

I have not found any issues with the headlights, either driving on highways or within city. Last November I was coming back to Hyderabad from Bangalore. Started at 5 AM in Bangalore and it was pitch dark, with heavy rain for 2 hours of the drive. Headlights of Alcazar were fine in those conditions on the highway. But again, this is a subjective thing.
vkivaturi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 08:08   #574
BHPian
 
Naetik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 556 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Yes. Driving during night is a challenge. Only when the opposite side vehicle has brighter light. If it’s raining then it gets even worse
The lights are bad for night driving. When the car was new, I found them adequate and I had updated same in a post some time back. That was probably due to excitement of the new car. Fact is - the headlights are terrible. And I am not a crazy highbeam guy. I stick to OEM provided headlights and have never ever upgraded lights on any of my cars.

But this one is bad. You will have to rely on light from other sources - streetlights, etc to drive at night. The problem is worse when the roads are bad and uneven and the light throw from the LED headlights causes too many dark spots.

Waiting for a viable solution on this from fellow members. And need one that does not void the warranty.

Last edited by Naetik30 : 28th November 2022 at 08:08. Reason: spelling errors
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 09:24   #575
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madras
Posts: 2,775
Thanked: 3,861 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
Started at 5 AM in Bangalore and it was pitch dark, with heavy rain for 2 hours of the drive. Headlights of Alcazar were fine in those conditions on the highway. But again, this is a subjective thing.
Man! I need your vision

I find the headlights acceptable in dry. But rain visibility is really bad, you have drive by guess work.

It has nothing to do with Alcazar headlights alone, but with white bulbs in general
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:15   #576
mtk
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Bangalore/Kochi
Posts: 26
Thanked: 32 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Waiting for a viable solution on this from fellow members. And need one that does not void the warranty.
Agreed.

Have seen many aftermarket solutions like replacing the fog lights area with a more powerful lights. But Iím not comfortable with that only because it looks bad.

I think Iíll live with this until I find a solution. Looks like never.
mtk is offline  
Old 29th November 2022, 11:46   #577
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 23 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

I have never done any paint protection on my previous cars. What is the feedback on the various paint protection coatings for the Alcazar ? For example, Paint Protection Film, Ceramic coating, Teflon Coating, Glass coating, etc. What do the Alcazar owners on the forum recommend and have applied on their cars ? Also, is it better to get done through the dealer, or from specialized car detailers like 3M ?

Last edited by rvlkiran : 29th November 2022 at 11:55.
rvlkiran is offline  
Old 29th November 2022, 12:03   #578
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: KA03/KL09/MH12
Posts: 205
Thanked: 272 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Agreed.

Have seen many aftermarket solutions like replacing the fog lights area with a more powerful lights. But Iím not comfortable with that only because it looks bad.

I think Iíll live with this until I find a solution. Looks like never.
Hey there.

The link i have quoted in this thread has a modification where in your fog lamp area wont look any different from other Alcazar's . The person has managed to modify the present headlamp and foglamp set up into a projector setup. Please check the link if required.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:24   #579
BHPian
 
Hickstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: TS09 & PY04
Posts: 274
Thanked: 653 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Did any of the owners got floor carpet for Alcazar ? I am in a dilemma whether to go for the floor carpet and 3D mats or direct 7D mats, ignoring the carpet. Since the interior shade is of brown, I am looking for a brown based floor mats. Eagerly looking for any inputs from the owners here.

Last edited by Hickstead : 29th November 2022 at 16:26. Reason: Corrections
Hickstead is offline  
Old 29th November 2022, 17:58   #580
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 3,013
Thanked: 8,363 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Did any of the owners got floor carpet for Alcazar ? I am in a dilemma whether to go for the floor carpet and 3D mats or direct 7D mats, ignoring the carpet. Since the interior shade is of brown, I am looking for a brown based floor mats. Eagerly looking for any inputs from the owners here.
Alcazar having a premium interior ambience means that you could invest on a good set of removable mats. The premium dual layer mat from Hyundai is a good option in itself, price is also reasonable.

Do not ever let dealership of any aftermarket fellows to gut the interiors for installing a full floor carpet, that is how rattles will start.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:10   #581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 48
Thanked: 174 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Did any of the owners got floor carpet for Alcazar ? I am in a dilemma whether to go for the floor carpet and 3D mats or direct 7D mats, ignoring the carpet. Since the interior shade is of brown, I am looking for a brown based floor mats. Eagerly looking for any inputs from the owners here.
I've got the full (black textured) Hyundai velcro mat done. It fits nicely over default carpet mat and smoothens out the corners and crevices for easy cleaning. On top of it, you can choose from various items available right from all weather ones to 7D dual layer ones per your liking. One can refer their app for available Hyundai accessories.


Hyundai Alcazar Review-screenshot_20221129200417_hyundai-genuine-accessories.jpg
Haldian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 01:47   #582
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 48
Thanked: 174 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I have never done any paint protection on my previous cars. Ö
What do the Alcazar owners on the forum recommend and have applied on their cars ? Also, is it better to get done through the dealer, or from specialized car detailers like 3M ?
Which colour is your Alcazar? I opted for CARPro CQuartz ceramic coating from outside specialist Triah. Also added PPF for some portions like front bumper, side OVRMs etc. Got sun protection film done there for side glasses and panoramic sunroof as well.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:03   #583
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 23 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
Which colour is your Alcazar?
I've booked the Alcazar in Starry Night colour, and have been promised delivery in December. When my previous car (Fiat Linea) was new, I was very careful of scratches & swirl marks by the apartment car cleaner. I used to clean the car myself, but I had to give up after a couple of years. I could only clean it on weekends, and if had to make a quick dash in the car for any chore, I had to plan at least 5-10 minutes to dust the car and quickly clean the windshield. It became a chore and I gave it up to the apartment car cleaner as the car aged. If I give my new Alcazar to the apartment's car cleaner, is there any use of going for paint protection / Ceramic coating ? Is it better to skip any protection and get the car detailed every 6 months ?
rvlkiran is offline  
Old 3rd December 2022, 16:05   #584
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 48
Thanked: 174 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I've booked the Alcazar in Starry Night colour, and have been promised delivery in December. When my previous car (Fiat Linea) was new, I was very careful of scratches & swirl marks by the apartment car cleaner. I used to clean the car myself, but I had to give up after a couple of years. I could only clean it on weekends, and if had to make a quick dash in the car for any chore, I had to plan at least 5-10 minutes to dust the car and quickly clean the windshield. It became a chore and I gave it up to the apartment car cleaner as the car aged. If I give my new Alcazar to the apartment's car cleaner, is there any use of going for paint protection / Ceramic coating ? Is it better to skip any protection and get the car detailed every 6 months ?
This certainly is a point to be considered. IMHO you can go for PPF as this will better suit the protection part. Any damage that happens will be on PPF layer. Maybe you can discuss this dilemma with your preferred detailer. Mr Brahmeshwara at Triah was quite knowledgeable and suggested me coating per my use case.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 12:49   #585
BHPian
 
nsbhagwat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 389
Thanked: 248 Times
Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
From what I understand, Acko does not get the car repaired from the dealer, but have what they called "Network Garages" with which they have a tie-up and hence the repairing or work on your car happens at Third-Party Garages.
My father's santro is insured via Acko, he had purchased it used via Kothari Hyundai. The car unfortunately was involved in a minor accident (none was hurt). Got the denting / painting done at Kothari.

During initial interaction with Acko CC they said Kothari is not listed as their network garage and we would have to make the payment and then we would be reimbursed.

But to our surprise when the final bill was submitted by Kothari to Acko, they did an electronic transfer to Kothari. So me says going with Acko for brand new car should not be a problem.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks