Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 22:19   #586
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

I have done nearly 7500 kms with my Alcazar (diesel) over 1.5 years. Recently I have started feeling that my steering has gotten a bit stiff as compared to when it was new, I remember the silky smooth steering feel when I first got the car.
Has anyone experienced any such thing?
Old 8th December 2022, 00:22   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I have done nearly 7500 kms with my Alcazar (diesel) over 1.5 years. Recently I have started feeling that my steering has gotten a bit stiff as compared to when it was new, I remember the silky smooth steering feel when I first got the car.
Has anyone experienced any such thing?
Perhaps you would have checked the tyre pressure and tread. If both seem ok, and Power steering fluid level is ok too, you may want to get it checked. By my experience with other cars (my Alcazar hadn’t run this much yet), I have not seen any noticeable stiffness creeping in power assisted cars from Honda and Hyundai stables.
Old 8th December 2022, 14:23   #588
BHPian

I am struggling to connect android auto using my mobile iQOO9. Since mine is Signature variant, it should be a wired affair. After connecting my mobile to the USB in centre of the console, mobile is just charging and no setup starts. Tried with an after market cable as well as the original cable of mobile, it is of no use. Any hints are welcome.

1) Enabled android auto check box in the car's avn.
2) AA is already enabled in my mobile, no app installation is required.

Last edited by Hickstead : 8th December 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Corrections
Old 9th December 2022, 11:12   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I am struggling to connect android auto using my mobile iQOO9. Since mine is Signature variant, it should be a wired affair. After connecting my mobile to the USB in centre of the console, mobile is just charging and no setup starts. Tried with an after market cable as well as the original cable of mobile, it is of no use. Any hints are welcome.
This issue got resolved.
A technician from Hyundai attended this and it looks like an issue from my mobile. Built in Android auto app in the mobile was updated and reset the AVN to factory settings. He removed the active devices in the blue tooth connection list and reconnected my mobile. Even I should have done this .
Old 9th December 2022, 12:55   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
This issue got resolved.
A technician from Hyundai attended this and it looks like an issue from my mobile. Built in Android auto app in the mobile was updated and reset the AVN to factory settings. He removed the active devices in the blue tooth connection list and reconnected my mobile. Even I should have done this .
How do you reset AVN to factory settings?

I am also wondering if we can have Android auto/Apple CarPlay on the 2/3 rd of screen and still have 1/3 for home screen widgets. Is this possible and if yes how? When I connect either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, it spans across full screen.
Old 9th December 2022, 13:13   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
How do you reset AVN to factory settings?

I am also wondering if we can have Android auto/Apple CarPlay on the 2/3 rd of screen and still have 1/3 for home screen widgets. Is this possible and if yes how? When I connect either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, it spans across full screen.
An option is available in the AVN itself to reset the settings. Yes, as of now Android auto is available in 2/3 of the screen and in the other part recently used app will be available. I am not really sure whether it is possible to have both the home screen and Android auto screen on the display at the same time.
Hickstead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 22:18   #592

Overall, FE was in the range of 11 - 16 KMPL, as there was a mix of highways and hilly terrains, and I drove within the speed limits.

I chose Petrol for the following reasons -
1. Petrol variants offer the quietest cabins.
2. I'm not too fond of something like DEF ruining my road trip experience. I frequently make very long road trips across India.
3. I have driven diesel cars, and I found that diesel variants do not age well. I do not sell my old cars. I keep them for good. I'm not too fond of rattling noise from the engine and high NVH levels post 100,000 KM.
sauravkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 07:48   #593
BHPian

Any recommendations for car mats please?
Not in favour of any sort of full car flooring.
Old 12th December 2022, 08:20   #594
BHPian

[8 month - 15000 km update]

It has been 8 months and 15000 kms up on my Alcazar D AT 6 seater. I am happy with my decision to go with the Alcazar.

Some important updates -

1. It has been an almost 50-50 between city and highway usage for the 15000 kms. City being our pot hole ridden Bangalore roads (Bannerghatta road to Whitefield as the daily drive crossing Silkboard, ORR and Marathahalli - so you get the feel).

2. The over all mileage has been 12.5kmpl as per tankful method using Fuelio app. The dash shows atleast 2 kmpl extra.

3. The highest mileage was in my recent BLR-Kumbakonam trip. It returned an amazing, 20+kmpl, as the roads were almost empty and I stuck to about 100-110kmph for most of the 7 hour trip.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221209_064217268.jpg

4. The inbuilt TPMS was finally put to good use. I started at 7.30AM from home for my solo trip to Kumbakonam. As soon as I got out of the gate, I somehow had a feeling to check the TPMS. Not sure why I got the feeling though. Lo and behold I saw the front left tyre showed low pressure. But there was no warning for this on the dash. Not sure why. Went straight to a puncture shop and there was a small screw sticking out. Was fixed within a minute and I was on my way.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221209_022638538.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221209_022306028.jpg

5. In November at about 13900kms on the ODO, I was driving back home from work. As I crossed Silkboard, I noticed the warning - "Diesel filter regeneration required" on the dash. This was the first time I had faced this. It was also surprising as I had done a 400km highway run about 3 days back. But anyways, I drove home (about 7kms away) and did not face any loss of power. As soon as I reached the parking, referred the manual and followed the steps to start regeneration -

a. Opened up the hood.
b. Switched on rear defogger.
c. Turned AC on in full speed/blower.
d. Then rolled down the windows
e. Used the option button on steering wheel to switch on the regeneration. As soon as I did this, the engine rpm went to 2000rpm and stayed there, and a count timer for about 27 minutes showed up on the screen.
f. The regeneration was completed in about 24 minutes and the rpm came back to normal with a message on the screen that the regenration was successful.
g. I have driven 1000+kms since then and seems good.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221117_094055684.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221117_100818798.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221117_102615198.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20221117_103336648.jpg

Some niggles -

1. The wiper which was super silent has turned into a screeching machine. It makes so much of noise that my son closes his ears everytime it is on. Need to get this checked.

2. The outer plastic cladding on the hatch door and the boot lock system makes some noise on uneven bad roads. Nothing major. But in a silent cabin, it does cause some irritantion.

3. I feel the overhang of the Alcazar should have been little longer for a specific reason. When it rains the tyres throw out so much muck on the back hatch, that it gets dirty as hell so very quickly. If driving in the rains, it will be a pain.
Naetik30 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 09:51   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
1. The wiper which was super silent has turned into a screeching machine. It makes so much of noise that my son closes his ears everytime it is on. Need to get this checked.
Seems like a Hyundai-Kia feature. I see the same at 8000 km. I saw the same behavior in Ashis' Seltos thread.

I have a cotton roll in the car to remove dirt from the blades. Otherwise I get streaks in light rains.

Quote:
3. I feel the overhang of the Alcazar should have been little longer for a specific reason. When it rains the tyres throw out so much muck on the back hatch, that it gets dirty as hell so very quickly. If driving in the rains, it will be a pain.
Tell me about it! Worse it clouds the entire reverse cam.

Quote:
4. The inbuilt TPMS was finally put to good use
What pressure you maintain? I see 32 in the display. I am maintaining 35 with full house.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 09:55   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Seems like a Hyundai-Kia feature. I see the same at 8000 km. I saw the same behavior in Ashis' Seltos thread.

I have a cotton roll in the car to remove dirt from the blades. Otherwise I get streaks in light rains.

Tell me about it! Worse it clouds the entire reverse cam.

What pressure you maintain? I see 32 in the display. I am maintaining 35 with full house.
I changed the wiper blades 4 months back free of cost under the shield of trust plan, as it was leaving streak and not cleaning well. But the new blades started this screeching noise.

I maintain 33psi, as I am the sole person in the car for daily use. On highway drives, we are total of 3.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:22   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I changed the wiper blades 4 months back free of cost under the shield of trust plan, as it was leaving streak and not cleaning well. But the new blades started this screeching noise.
Tell me about it. It started for me similarly when I got a new pair.

I then had to change 4 blades but got the squeaking sound within a few days/weeks each time. The squeaking occurred only when the speed was above 50-60kmph which is why I thought of flex in the arm under wind pressure. It was so loud that I used to delay the use of wiper as much as possible or reduce my speeds on the highway.

I forced the dealer (who were not ready to accept) to verify that the wiper arm was at fault (probably the spring). But they blamed a faulty blade (and yet I had to pay for a new one each time), dirt on windshield or simply said there was no issue as the wiper was silent at low test-drive speeds.

Finally, they replaced the arm from one of their demo cars to please me. And the wiper has been soundless since the past 6 months/10k kms.

I faced the issue with the driver side wiper arm only. Worth a check if your issue persists.

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th December 2022 at 10:29.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:54   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cotton roll is the cure for streaks. It is rainy season for us, so I keep cleaning every 2-3 days.

For the noise, I've observed it happens when there is less water on the windshield you get more noise. So I've tried to minimize such usage. You get some noise on this use case in other cars too, its just excessive in Alcazar.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:00   #599

I am a new member to Team-BHP. I have been a avid reader of Team-BHP reviews and I thank the team for accepting my request. I have always been fascinated by cars, right from my childhood.
Currently I have a Hyundai Alcazar.
I wanted a 7/8 seater. My usage is mainly 60:40 city:highway.

I got my diesel Alcazar in 2021. I have done about 30,000 km so far. I have had no major issues till date.

1. The stock horn stopped working within 3 months - got it replaced under warranty

2. I don't get wheel alignment and balancing at ASC.. I get it done outside. This is because after my 1st service my car was pulling towards one side. With my previous experience also I feel this particular job is not done well at ASCs.

My experience otherwise has been very pleasant with Alcazar. The car loves chewing up the miles effortlessly if it is not pushed too hard which i dont normally. I cruise at about 90-100 on the highway. I get about 17km/litre(full tank to full tank) overall including my city driving. The MDI always gives a mileage about +2.5 to 3 km/litre.
I feel a tyre pressure of 35 psi is ideal for Alcazar. Initially used to keep around 38-40 during which I feel most of the bumps coming through to the cabin.

One question I would like someone to enlighten me on is : After PMS, when I check the oil colour - it is still brown / black. Last 3 times I have asked the service center people about this and they tell me, this is how it is for diesel cars. I have owned diesel cars previously and always after oil change the colour is clear ie normal new oil colour. Have any of the others experience this on their Alcazar service or Hyundais' ?

Thanks
CastleDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:34   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleDrive View Post
One question I would like someone to enlighten me on is : After PMS, when I check the oil colour - it is still brown / black. Last 3 times I have asked the service center people about this and they tell me, this is how it is for diesel cars. I have owned diesel cars previously and always after oil change the colour is clear ie normal new oil colour. Have any of the others experience this on their Alcazar service or Hyundais' ?

Thanks
All diesels behave like this only. If you check your engine oil a day or two after service it's all black again. Diesel engines do produce lot of carbon.

May be if you do engine flush and do another engine oil shortly the colour may be better.

Last edited by drsachin : 12th December 2022 at 18:37.
drsachin is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks