Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 18:41   #601

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
All diesels behave like this only. If you check your engine oil a day or two after service it's all black again. Diesel engines do produce lot of carbon.

May be if you do engine flush and do another engine oil shortly the colour may be better.
I had an Ertiga ZDI previously. When I check the engine oil colour after service before taking delivery its never black. I do agree after 2 or 3 days it becomes black.

Aren't they supposed to do a engine flush when they change engine oil every 10k km?
Old 12th December 2022, 20:04   #602
BHPian

Alcazar owners,

Do you guys feel that the seat base at middle row, be it captain seats, or the bench one, are little narrow in the sense that it has less under thigh support, especially if the person seated is on the taller side?

Cheers
Pratim
Old 13th December 2022, 18:34   #603
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
[8 month - 15000 km update]
1. The wiper which was super silent has turned into a screeching machine. It makes so much of noise that my son closes his ears everytime it is on. Need to get this checked.
I was about the ask the same question. Saw your post just in time.

My car has done only 3671 KMS and the viper that was super silent has started to make noise. When the viper starts, during the swipe and when it swipe ends. It bothers me.
mtk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:57   #604

Dear fellow BHPians,

I finalized on Alcazar 2.0 petrol AT (Platinum) and when I called the Hyundai dealer in Bangalore for booking, they told that Hyundai is going to discontinue the 2.0 petrol in Alcazar. They will introduce 1.5L petrol (or 1.4 turbo petrol) early next year (probably same engine from Creta).

Now I've some doubt about this claim. As per my understanding if this is to happen, Hyundai is bound to start the on-road testing and so far, I've not seen any spy-shots or any news online or in BHP forum.

Has anyone else experienced the same? Is there any truth to this?

Regards,
EssBee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 11:17   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssBee View Post
They will introduce 1.5L petrol (or 1.4 turbo petrol) early next year (probably same engine from Creta)
If this is indeed true that’s great news! Not only does the 2.0 NA petrol feel underwhelming, it is also fuel guzzling. A Turbo would definitely be a good proposition. One reason why I think they might actually do this is to not have to engineer two different petrol engines for BS6 phase 2, and just do that for one.
Old 17th December 2022, 13:12   #606
mtk
BHPian

Anyone used these on your Alcazar?

Are these, in general, useful and deliver what’s promised?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-6b5f0de89b1c4ed0a130f31960ca9445.png  

Old 17th December 2022, 14:22   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Anyone used these on your Alcazar?Are these, in general, useful and deliver what’s promised?
Why would you need this as already the Alcazar has close to 195mm GC unladen?
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 14:25   #608
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Why would you need this as already the Alcazar has close to 195mm GC unladen?
Is this only for increasing the ground clearance? I understand that it improves the ride quality aswell. And that’s what I am looking into.
Old 19th December 2022, 08:52   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssBee View Post
Hyundai is going to discontinue the 2.0 petrol in Alcazar. They will introduce 1.5L petrol (or 1.4 turbo petrol) early next year (probably same engine from Creta).
So this seems to be sounding right if this new rumor is to be believed- the Creta & Seltos are getting a more powerful 1.5 Turbo. Looks like the Alcazar too will get it too! Link- https://www.rushlane.com/creta-selto...-12455419.html
Old 19th December 2022, 09:06   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Is this only for increasing the ground clearance? I understand that it improves the ride quality aswell. And that’s what I am looking into.
Spacers for soft suspension cars no? Alcazar is already stiff spurng, you want to make it more stiff?
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 16:41   #611
BHPian

Completed another long trip - Hubli to Itarsi and back .
24xx kms in total.

Got the 2nd service before leaving on this trip.

The SA was curious about what i do for a living when he realised that the 2nd service came in within 2.5 months of ownership .

The mileage on To part was 15.6kmpl and fro part was 16.5 kmpl.

The suspension behaves much more mature if you have some load in the last row and boot.

The rear mudguards are useless. The entire rear overhang catches a lot of muck because of the poorly designed mudguards.

The headlights are still a huge pain in the rain and on unlit highways.

Passed the Samruddhi mahamarg couple of times but did not use it.

Had some really bad roads after crossing into MP until Itarsi.

MP is a different ball game when it comes to roads, they are lagging by atleast 5 years compared to South and West India in terms of roads to Tier 2 cities.

The below one was clicked somewhere on the border between Maha and MP.

Odo - 129xx at the end of 2.5 months of ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-capture.jpg  

Last edited by callmeneo : 20th December 2022 at 16:44.
callmeneo is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 20:34   #612

Dear Fellow BHPians,

Excited to join this forum and thanks for all your insights! I bid farewell to my Vitara Brezza ZDI+ Dual Tone (2016 Model) in this month and am waiting for my Hyundai Alcazar Signature 7 Seater Diesel Automatic delivery, potentially in January 2023.

Will do follow-up posts once I get chance to PDI. Per my 4 year old Son's request, continuing with the Blue colour (Starry Night) for my new car as well.

I know there is a separate thread on the GST rates and potential impact - but any of you heard anything from Hyundai dealers on the impact of the same on the Alcazar price (esp Diesel variants)? While the decision to go with this car will not change, price reduction is always welcome!

Thanks,
Vijay
Varanasi_Vijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 10:34   #613

Introduction-

This is my first write-up at Team-Bhp. I have been an avid reader, and now being a member, just want to contribute a bit to this community.

So what car is it?
Presenting my almost 2 months old Hyundai Alcazar (White Colour) Diesel Signature Edition-1.5 Diesel MT.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-car.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar? Now? Are u okay? Diesel??
This is precisely what I got to hear from a close friend of mine when I told him-Bhai, book thai gayi (I have booked it)

The Big Question- WHY?

Frankly, Alcazar wasn’t even in my consideration list. I was driving Honda WRV -Diesel since last 4.5 years (78K clocked on the ODO) in Surat.

Got transferred to Ahmedabad (my hometown) this year and we started facing space constraints in the back seat of my WRV whenever we went out locally with entire family (4 adults + 1 kid) hence the need for 6 or 7 seater came up. We have another Hyundai Grand i10 which my dad drives so one option was to take both cars and avoid unnecessary spend in a new car since I did not have any issues in my WRV or 5 year old Grand i10 as well. But then taking two cars would mean dad would have to drive long distances when we would go out on long road trips and fuel expenses for additional car as well (My grand i10 gives max 12KMPL when driven with highest love). Hence the final logical outcome was to buy a 6 or a 7 seater or a 5 seater bigger than WRV (i.e. Harrier / XUV 700 with 5 seater config).

Started with XL6, almost went to finalize the top end variant, but then my love for Diesel prevented me to give Maruti that booking amount cheque. Checked out Harrier and Safari, test drove both, was blown over by the performance. But steering and handling in city felt difficult. Almost finalized Safari, with the sheer brand value the name carries, but then, took my mom to sit in the car, and she was not able to get in / out of both cars easily. So another criteria was identified, had to take into account my mother’s knees too. Went to see XUV 700, and this time before taking test drive, asked my mom to see if she is able to get in or come out easily. Same issue. Did not even take test drive since there was no point buying a new car with my family members not able to get in and out comfortably.

Finally thought to buy XL6, when my son suggested Carens which I frankly did not like due to its boxy looks (No offence to Carens owners since looks are subjective. I don’t like my Alcazar’s front looks either). My mom could easily sit in and get out of both the cars so first gate was cleared. Carens had an option of Diesel which cleared second gate (XL6 –Sorry). Was considering the Top variant with all bells and whistles and almost bought it. Then my mom told me-Ek vaar Hyundai ni jo ne koi 6 ke 7-seater aave che? (See if there is a Hyundai with 6 or 7-seater available). She loves Hyundai. Then came Alcazar in the consideration list. Called for a test drive, was arranged at Home very next day!! (This is why I like Hyundai), Signature variant automatic diesel was sent as a test drive vehicle. My mom checked the first gate, she invigilated it and Alcazar passed it with flying colours. Next was diesel or petrol choice. 2L NA petrol from Hyundai (I started calculating kitna deti hai-My heart said buy it, my brain said-No), test drove the diesel automatic, silent cabin and easier handling in the city roads felt good (I was anyways not going to buy automatic-I am still one of those who prefer Manual over automatics). Went to finalize base variant which had almost what I wanted, but the car was in waiting (Yes, Alcazar diesel also had waiting). Told the dealer which variant he can arrange the fastest, he convinced me for Signature, I convinced him for delivery in 4 days since I had my Diwali road trip to Ujjain and Indore planned in the new vehicle.
So from not being in the consideration list at all, I became an owner of Hyundai Alcazar in 10 days)

So how is it going?

Having driven it for about 3600kms, I can share the Good, Bad and the Ugly of it-

The Good-

Easy to move in- In-spite of high GC (200 MM), you don’t feel you are sitting a high posture car; Which is why I don’t call it SUV; in fact, I do not even know what segment it comes into!! The Best part is my mother loves sitting on the Caption seats in the second row.

Interiors- Interiors feel Premium. Of-course you don’t expect cheap interiors from a car costing above 20L. My point is even though the car has hard plastics everywhere, the way Hyundai has assembled them with the black and brown combo, doesn’t ever make you feel to you are interacting with hard touch plastics.

Gimzos- You get front ventilated seats, 360 camera, EPB and Auto Hold, Full Digital Display with MID, 10.25 inch touchscreen for ICE, Air purifier, Wireless Charger in the front row and middle row, Cooled Glove Box, Panoramic Sun Roof and the list goes on.

Engine and Gearbox- Ok, I will see eyebrows getting raised for this since the engine should have been considered as the weakest part of this package. But considering it from my perspective where majority of my driving is in city, without driving fast and furious, the diesel mill has sufficient power and torque to suffice my daily city and occasional highway needs. The peak torque comes in the range of around 1800 -2000 RPM. I have driven the car with 6 normal average sized adults and I did not feel any issue in pick-up while driving or over taking on highways. Gearbox is very smooth, shifts are very easy, gear ratios are created such that you can pass most of the time in 2 and 3rd gear in cities without much struggle. On highways when u need a punch to overtake and if you are in that torque band, you will be able to easily manage over takings.

Handling- As said earlier, you will NOT feel like you are driving an SUV or even a Big car. I had no real issues adjusting to this car coming from my WRV. The Alcazar handles like a cross over in city, and frankly this is very big advantage. On Highways at speeds above 100 you do feel body roll while trying to maneuver it here and there since I feel the steering feedback on highway is not like that in the city. Overall, you won’t be disappointed.

Not so famous- So I had a WR-V which was in no way a best seller, I have an Alcazar now which might not be regarded as a best seller for Hyundai as well. I do see many Alcazar’s on road, but lesser than Harrier’s and Safari’s and XUV’s; In-fact lesser than Carens also. Also of the lesser Alcazar’s, Signature edition cars are even less. But then, when I went to buy Amaze (1st dull edition), I was advised against it. When I went to buy WR-V, again most of my friends advised against it, When I finalized Alcazar, again I was advised against. So, as I have spent pretty 5.5 years with my previous love WR-V, I intend to continue the trend with my current love Alcazar also.

Brand Image and Dealership Experience (Peace of Mind)- I have been a Hyundai user since Hyundai i10 was first launched and currently I also have a Grand i10 as a secondary car as said earlier. If I have to judge the best sales and service experience so far, it has to be of Hyundai. I have been fortunate enough not to have encountered any sales and service issues so far (Hope it continues that way), be it Nissan, Honda, Ford and even Maruti (I have had Nissan Micra, Maruti 800, Wagon R, Ford Figo before). But from the best, I rate the overall Sales and service Experience slightly even better for Hyundai. The customer satisfaction experience from dealership as well as the company are at a different level.

Mileage- Am getting around 17 kmpl in city drives and around 20 on highways when driven without much fuss.

The Bad-

Product Image- While the overall package is different from Creta, the uncanny similarities it has with its 5-seater sibling doesn’t really help it to gain the recognition that it actually as a product deserves.

Segment Confusion- With its engine option and price range, in my opinion there is no segment in which it competes. It is way costlier than typical MUV’s-XL 6 and Carens, if I take diesel power train only, with the 1.5 Ltr diesel engine, it cannot be compared with Safari and XUV 700 or even the Innova since they are way powerful. If we talk about pricing, it is a sandwich between Harrier, Safari and XUV 700 with the top end of Alcazar comparable to AX5 or XT of XUV700 and Safari in approx. price ranges.

Safety Concerns- The Elephant in the room. The factor which now has serious weightage in the entire car buying process. So, with the Creta scoring merely 3 stars and with Hyundai India becoming in-famous for giving not-so-safe cars to us, this was surely a risk. The doors feel heavier, somehow, I felt heavier than Creta so I am having a guess that Alcazar’s structural stability might be better. I frankly will not be able to compare it to XUV 700 since I haven’t test driven it. But you can consider me stupid when I say this- Doors of Safari and Harrier felt having same weight as of the Alcazar. It is a risk I have taken but with the safety equipment it is offering. (6 air bags, TPMS, VSM etc)

The Ugly-

Now there are some evident in-your-face features not available in this costly car which really pains me. They are-

No Auto down / Auto up for all 4 four power windows (Present Only for Driver)

No illumination in power window switches in the driver side door console (except the Driver side)

No aero twin wiper blades (Yuck)

No touch sensor on passenger side for door open / close (even more Yuck)

Manually adjustable co-passenger front row seat (my wife does not like travelling with me now)

No door open lamps (Love the door lamps in Harrier)

No adaptive cruise control

No Lights in glove box

No Illuminated sun visors

No rain sensing wipers

Lower sized spare wheel

Issues and Concerns- Haven't really come across issues as such but have observed certain things here and there which am mentioning below-

Squeaky centre console

Blue Link connectivity (in the era of 5G Blue link connectivity sometimes is 1G)

High beam not too strong (Uninspiring to drive at nights)

Conclusion- For a family of four adults with 1 or 2 kids, who want a car more than a 5 seater, and for people who have driving ratio of 70: 30 (70% City, 30% Highway), this can be is a considerable option.

Cheers!
Thegreatone is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 21:53   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post

No door open lamps (Love the door lamps in Harrier)

Conclusion- For a family of four adults with 1 or 2 kids, who want a car more than a 5 seater, and for people who have driving ratio of 70: 30 (70% City, 30% Highway), this can be is a considerable option.

Cheers!
Your review reflect my sentiments exactly as detailed in my ownership thread. I have a Signature diesel 6 str as well. I an not sure why Hyundai skimped on the side step on manual versions.

For door not locked, there are 2 points I’ve observed.

One, if all windows are rolled up, the last door to close (including the boot as when offloading after a market run) - will often not compress enough air inside cabin to close with same effort as when with windows rolled down. This results in often needing to close with a tad little more effort. I keep myslef in check lest I slam it.

Two, the driver map light near rear view mirror have a button to denote if any door is open - the lights keep lit up. If all doors closed properly, these will go out completely after dimming effect. Since, I park in a basement, this feature is enough for me to identify if someone in the family closing the door last, missed to close completely.

As a precaution, I have started to delay and close my driver side door to be the last one, if there were passengers with me.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 16:15   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I made my booking this week - Alcazar Diesel AT, Signature (O) AT, 7 seater.
I finally received my Alcazar yesterday 29th December, 2022 (6 weeks after booking). Registration done but not received HSRP number plates yet. Requested Trident Hyundai folks to deliver the car, pending fixing of number plates and they delivered after confirmation from my company's car leasing vendor. The car looks and drives well. I plan to start a detailed ownership thread when I can.

Thanks everyone on the forum for helping out with my queries.
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks