Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 11:49   #646
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
Hi All,
Could someone please let me know if the wireless charging up front works for any of you with an antislip mat installed? I have an iphone 13 and the only way I can charge my phone wirelessly right now is to remove the anti slip mat that the car came with and i place the phone on the plastic directly. Just wanted to know other people's experience.

Thanks.
Hi Are you referring to the perforated rubber mat as anti slip mat? If yes then my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Iphone 12 charge wirelessly when placed on the mat.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 12:32   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hi Are you referring to the perforated rubber mat as anti slip mat? If yes then my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Iphone 12 charge wirelessly when placed on the mat.
Hi,
Yes the same. I am being told repeatedly by the sales guys its a problem with iphone 13. I have a six seater variant and it charges fine in the middle row wirelessly. I also have a couple of magsafe chargers at home and it charges fine there as well.

There's no wireless Carplay, so phone might need to be plugged in anyway, but it is still irritating when a thing which is supposed to work is not working and the phone is being blamed for it.
Old 11th January 2023, 14:32   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Yes the same. I am being told repeatedly by the sales guys its a problem with iphone 13. I have a six seater variant and it charges fine in the middle row wirelessly. I also have a couple of magsafe chargers at home and it charges fine there as well.

There's no wireless Carplay, so phone might need to be plugged in anyway, but it is still irritating when a thing which is supposed to work is not working and the phone is being blamed for it.

That is a bummer. Let me check around if anybody has an Iphone 13 and if i face the same problem in my car.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 14:33   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Yes the same. I am being told repeatedly by the sales guys its a problem with iphone 13. I have a six seater variant and it charges fine in the middle row wirelessly.
I have a 6 seater variant too. iPhone 11 and SE charge flawlessly both in front and middle console wirelessly. iPhone 12 charges well at the front but keeps dropping wireless charging at the middle row console. I was advised by service engineer that its due to the camera hump and thick phone cover.

I am assuming that iPhone 13 has a bigger camera hump and will be causing even more issues. I am thinking if an extra charging mat was available and we cut the camera hump portion off it, this should solve the problem. But will need to find extra mat first to test this theory. Action for me when I next go to service center.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 16:16   #650

Quote:
Hi All,
Could someone please let me know if the wireless charging up front works for any of you with an antislip mat installed? I have an iphone 13 and the only way I can charge my phone wirelessly right now is to remove the anti slip mat that the car came with and i place the phone on the plastic directly. Just wanted to know other people's experience.

Thanks.
I've an old iPhone 8 and it wirelessly charges just fine with the anti-slip mat.

Regards,
Old 17th January 2023, 11:27   #651
BHPian

Completed a tank full of Xtra Green Diesel . Got a mileage of 13.5 kmpl in 100% city driving.

But i feel that this diesel makes a vehicle behave a bit more aggressive , holds onto the gear a bit longer giving you that feeling of a rough drive.

Hope its not the DPF that's acting up to make the car hold onto the gears a bit longer to burn the soot.

Have filled in another tankful to check the same but this time it would be a highway drive from Hubli to Nagpur.
Old 19th January 2023, 20:47   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
Any feedback from Alcazar owners on the Extended Warranty, Shield of Trust (SOT), and Shield of Trust Super (SOT Super), on their real world benefits ? Which services have you opted for ? The SOT super looks good on paper, but I'm concerned if the dealers just pocket this and not do any actual maintenance ? I may not be present for every service to check if they're changing all consumables / using genuine parts etc. Also, with SoT, do we have to wait for longer for Hyundai dealer/service advisor to get approval to replace parts etc ?
Perhaps my previous post was lost in the stream, it did not receive any replies. Any specific feedback is still welcome. My previous experience with Fiat Linea was that I did not have any warranty claim during first 5 years, where I had the extended warranty (3+2 years). In the 7th year, my AC system went bad and I had to spend Rs.75,000 from my pocket. I am trying to insure against such probability for the engine, AT and HVAC systems primarily.

In the meantime, I opted for 4th & 5th year OR 120,000 km extended warranty for Rs. 28,047, primarily I treated it as an insurance policy for the Automatic Transmission as it's reliability is new to me. The service advisor could not find the option for 100,00 km in the list that I initially wanted (He was showing screenshots from their computer to me on WhatsApp, to help make decision), as my projected usage would not cross that mileage. Since the difference may be only a few thousand rupees, I opted for the higher mileage option.

I know that extended warranty is not a guarantee that Hyundai will always honour it, they can blame misuse / accidental damage for any warranty claim. It means I also need to trust the Hyundai Authorized Servicing System for 2 more years.

Later I saw in the website that the 4th & 5th year OR 100,000 km was buried at option 11/12 in the list (perhaps intentional ?). There was a Powertrain warranty option also (slightly lower priced). The service advisor could not clearly explain the differences, but my own guess is the powertrain only covers Engine & Transmission, whereas the normal extended warranty would additionally cover HVAC system ? And I suppose the braking system would be considered wear & tear and would not be covered ?
Old 20th January 2023, 11:37   #653
BHPian

I have taken shield of trust because i felt that the coverage it gave was good. It included all the wear and tear items like clutch, brake pads etc. The wipers are covered too.

The SOT super I feel is over rated because they just turn your service bill to 0 and nothing else. They do not cover the items that are covered in SOT super.

They should change the name of SOT super else people will confuse it with SOT + add ons.

I have extended warranty until 4th year which i will extend to 5th as well. The ex warranty will cover the engine related components such as gear box, the engine itself etc and other electronics which i felt was necessary for Alcazar which has decent amount of electronics.

In short : Extended warranty until 5th year and SOT until the 4th or 5th year will be enough.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:38   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I have taken shield of trust because i felt that the coverage it gave was good. It included all the wear and tear items like clutch, brake pads etc. The wipers are covered too.

In short : Extended warranty until 5th year and SOT until the 4th or 5th year will be enough.
Thank you for explaining your rationale. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have taken Extended warranty for 4&5 years. I have not opted for Shield of Trust so far. I'm not sure if there is any clutch related work required for automatic transmission. I am a light footed driver and prefer to look ahead of the traffic and coast instead of braking hard. In my previous Fiat Linea, the OEM brake pads lasted till 45000 km (one pair at the rear) and the other pair for front brakes was still going fine when I sold the car at 55000 km. I'm planning to pay for brake pads when the need arises.
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 19:37   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
Thank you for explaining your rationale. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have taken Extended warranty for 4&5 years. I have not opted for Shield of Trust so far. I'm not sure if there is any clutch related work required for automatic transmission. I am a light footed driver and prefer to look ahead of the traffic and coast instead of braking hard. In my previous Fiat Linea, the OEM brake pads lasted till 45000 km (one pair at the rear) and the other pair for front brakes was still going fine when I sold the car at 55000 km. I'm planning to pay for brake pads when the need arises.
I am in the same boat. Expecting that I do not come across any major wear and tear replacements for my usage before 4 years at least. Ignored SOT and opted for 4th and 5th year extended warrantry. Recently I had a long drive of 1000 km ( to and fro ) as part of pongal trip. Family was super impressed with the smoothness of the car. We can't really convince the passengers in the car that they are sitting inside a diesel automobile .

Last edited by Hickstead : 20th January 2023 at 19:41. Reason: Corrections
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 21:35   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
I have a 6 seater variant too. iPhone 11 and SE charge flawlessly both in front and middle console wirelessly. iPhone 12 charges well at the front but keeps dropping wireless charging at the middle row console..
We now have iPhone 14 in the family and can confirm that it charges ok in the front charging mat. Not so much in the 6 STR middle row charging mat. So, iPhone 13 should not be a problem as well. Though iPhone case thickness also plays a crucial role so one’s mileage may vary.
Old 22nd January 2023, 10:58   #657
BHPian

It's a good buy. In my humble opinion, an Alcazar will give you years of stress free ownership unlike a Safari or XUV 7OO. Of course it might not offer the SUV feel or the grunt of a brute power plant. But for your kind of usage, you made the right choice. By the way, both Alcazar and Safari weigh about 1800 kg and are not tested by GNCAP in India.
Old 23rd January 2023, 18:36   #658
BHPian

Hello,
Have been facing an issue quite often, When the infotainment system is used for long sometimes it hangs and doesnt show the rear camera while reversing. we need to turn off the car and restart the car after sometime for everything to get back to normal. Has anyone encountered this?
Old 23rd January 2023, 21:29   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Hello,
Have been facing an issue quite often, When the infotainment system is used for long sometimes it hangs and doesnt show the rear camera while reversing. we need to turn off the car and restart the car after sometime for everything to get back to normal. Has anyone encountered this?
I recently had a long drive of 10 hours onwards on a day + 10 hours return another day with breaks every 2-3 hours where the engine was switched off. I never noticed any problems with the Infotainment system. I have the Signature (10.25" screen), Automatic, 1.5 Diesel variant (So only Wired Android Auto). I only used Spotify / Gaana + Google Maps with Wired Android Auto and never faced any issue, and never noticed the issue you mentioned about rear camera not being shown in the console.

How long was your continuous playback (and in what mode, what connectivity option) when you noticed this problem ? Do you have the 10.25" screen or the 8" screen in your car ? In case of Wired Android Auto / Apple Car Play, please ensure you connect with a good quality USB Cable. I don't have any information on the Wireless Android Auto / Apple Car Play issues on Alcazar.
Old 24th January 2023, 09:19   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Hello,
I have faced issues with Android Auto (wireless via Motorola MA1). It hangs up when the phone heats up, disconnects randomly.

The infotainment system hung up on me on Dec 31, 2022. It did not power off even when the car was powered off. But found a small reset button at the bottom right of the unit, we have to press it using a safety pin or a SIM card tool. It immediately powered off.

Otherwise I have not faced any issues. The camera has been flawless.

Last edited by Naetik30 : 24th January 2023 at 09:19. Reason: corrected error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks