Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 11:22   #676
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
With Model Year 2023, ALCAZAR has now been equipped with 6-Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Side & Curtain) as standard.
As per the brochure Side & Curtain airbags are not standard across the all variants.
  • Prestige MT Base Petrol Variant is not included the Side & Curtain airbags
  • Prestige MT & AT Base Diesel Variants gets the Side & Curtain airbags

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 1158
Size:  107.4 KB

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 1204
Size:  44.6 KB

Alcazar Brochure:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf alcazar-brochure.pdf (1.94 MB, 176 views)
Old 4th February 2023, 15:07   #677
BHPian

Seems like there was an another price hike recently, second time in a month. I bought top end diesel for an ex showroom price for 19.9L and now cost 20.85L. Adding to the fact that RTO charges would be higher for above 20L in most states(now 22% in Kerala after yesterday’s budget) the top end now cost around 26L on road now, compared to 24.25 I paid in last November.

Wonder how it can sustain the sales as the numbers were already low, otherwise a wonderful family 7 seater with all bells and whistles.
Old 5th February 2023, 12:17   #678
BHPian

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is now available in most mid/high trim variants of cars, including Alcazar. With my Alcazar, I had this puncture incident which made me to highly appreciate its TPMS. Was coming back from work last week and suddenly the low tyre pressure warning (blinking LED, alarm sound) starting to show up on the console. Stopped the car and found a massive nail (really big one) stuck to the tyre. A nearby puncture shop fixed it.

I had tyre puncture experiences in previous cars (without TPMS) as well, but having a TPMS helped in two major ways:

1. We will know as soon as there is a significant drop in tyre pressure. In the past, it used to take few hours / a day or two to realize that pressure is low. With TPMS, the warning message in console helps minimize the damage.

2. After a puncture is fixed and the tyre is put back, I used to be very suspicious for next few days thinking if the person has fixed it properly or not. TPMS alleviates lot of that anxiety as we can keep an eye on the pressure through console and check if it is maintained or dropping again.
vkivaturi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:22   #679
BHPian

20,000 km, 9 months Update

Completed 20,000kms in 9 months in my Alcazar Signature Diesel AT 6 seater last week.

Should say, I am overall happy with the entire package. The car is perfect for both the city and highway usage. I have a 50-50% highway vs city usage.

Some stats -
Mileage: (Full to Full Tank method)

1. Overall mileage - 12.2kmpl.
2. Avg Highway mileage - 17kmpl (tough to maintain below 100kmph )
3. Avg City mileage - Varies a lot between 10kmpl to 17kmpl

Service Costs:
1. 1st Free service: NIL
2. 2nd Free service: INR 3500
3. Wheel Balacing and Allignment Cost @10000km: INR 2000
4. 3rd Free service: INR 4700

Running Costs:
1. Fuel cost: INR 148,000
2. Avg Cost per KM: INR 7.152

Niggles:
1. The ICE hung up on Dec 31 and did not power down when car was switched off. Used the reset button to reset it. No issues post that.
2. The hatch door lock made some noise when going over huge pot holes. 3rd service took care of it.
3. The wiper is noisy. Very noisy. Replaced blades under warranty. Still noise persists.
4. Fuel injectors changed under warranty at around 10K kms. Noticed lot of juddering and was replaced FOC under warranty.

Diesel Particulate Filter
Had to regenerate once based on warning on the console. Took about 20 minutes and no issues since then.

Add ons
1. 7D mats from Hyundai
2. Motorola MA1 - for android auto wireless
3. My Transcend DP200 from my old car. Needs an upgrade for pic quality.
4. After market Boot mat from Kia seltos (as I have last row folded down). Covers 90% of the area of the boot.

Last edited by Naetik30 : 6th February 2023 at 13:24. Reason: updated DPF
Naetik30 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 23:01   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Many thanks 'NA-driver' and 'Aviator_guy'. Let me take a look at this, and update. Appreciate the response; it really helped.
Got the cell in the key fob replaced - it was a simple DYI. A few pics attached for the benefit of larger audience. Thanks.

Needless to say that the 'Low Key Battery' message stopped appearing since then

PS: Used a long blade (rather than using a flat screw driver) to pry-open the key fob in order not to leave any marks on the plastic housing.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3.jpg  

sunil_k_u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 14:55   #681
BHPian

Is there a quick Mute/Unmute option for the front/rear proximity sensor warning sounds ? I have the Alcazar Signature variant (with front & rear proximity sensors). I kept the warning sounds at the highest level as I want to be alerted when I'm parking / taking out the car in basement where there is a chance I'm not paying attention to an obstacle. When driving in narrow streets / at a traffic signal, when the Alcazar is surrounded by motorcyclists all around, the noise is unbearable.
Old 9th February 2023, 10:48   #682
BHPian

Got the Google Android Auto - coolwalk update on my Alcazar today. The split screen was always available on Alcazar for multiple apps to display at the same time.

But I found the performance and response to be much better with this new update. Hope it stays the same. There are some minor tweaks in the UI, but it does look nice.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230209_013000888.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20230209_013022483.jpg
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 11:18   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
Is there a quick Mute/Unmute option for the front/rear proximity sensor warning sounds ? I have the Alcazar Signature variant (with front & rear proximity sensors). I kept the warning sounds at the highest level as I want to be alerted when I'm parking / taking out the car in basement where there is a chance I'm not paying attention to an obstacle. When driving in narrow streets / at a traffic signal, when the Alcazar is surrounded by motorcyclists all around, the noise is unbearable.
There is a button on the right side which is next to the ESP off button.

This switches off the front sensors.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 21:05   #684
BHPian

I am not sure if this is discussed here before, are Alcazar 2021 petrol models compatible with the 20% ethanol mix petrol, which the govt is proposing? I checked the users manual, but didn't see a page where it mentions regarding the fuel type. If anyone has any idea regarding it, please share. The newer 2023 models do support it as I read in an article.
Old 11th February 2023, 11:14   #685
mtk
BHPian

Recently i started observing the a juddering sensation while driving in low speed. The car weirdly shakes. The same sensation you get while changing gears and it's not a comfortable feeling.

I am not sure if I was able to narrate the incident/issue clearly. Any one else faced this on their Alcazar?

I have a Diesel AT.
Old 12th February 2023, 07:47   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Recently i started observing the a juddering sensation while driving in low speed. The car weirdly shakes. The same sensation you get while changing gears and it's not a comfortable feeling.

I am not sure if I was able to narrate the incident/issue clearly. Any one else faced this on their Alcazar?

I have a Diesel AT.
Looks like the fuel injector issue. This tread of mine may help you - https://www.team-bhp.com/news/faulty...solved-hyundai

Just make sure you get the Hyundai ASS to change it under warranty. Will take time as it is a costly part and Hyundai would want to check everything before they decide to replace.

Did you fuel up in any unknown pumps over the past few weeks?
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 20:11   #687
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Looks like the fuel injector issue. This tread of mine may help you - https://www.team-bhp.com/news/faulty...solved-hyundai
This is the exact same issue. Thanks.

Quote:
Just make sure you get the Hyundai ASS to change it under warranty. Will take time as it is a costly part and Hyundai would want to check everything before they decide to replace.
I will.

Quote:
Yes. I came to Kerala and recently started to fill from a nearby pump. I never liked this pump since the beginning for some weird reason. Never going back. Today morning I left from Cochin to Bangalore and topped up from a different pump in Kakkanad. During the whole drive, the juddering was still there but not very frequent. However, I still plan to visit the ASS.
mtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 08:57   #688
BHPian

Quote:

I had searched entire Team-BHP (and internet) for the same issue (I called it clutch or gear slip/ jerk / knocking / engine misfire) I'm having on a brand new Kia Carens (Diesel Auto). However I couldn't really find anything on the Kia Carens thread and today I stumbled on your profile and thread for some random reason while reading your reply on the Kiger airbags (Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19). The way universe works sometimes is quite interesting!

My Carens have been giving this same issue (Kia Carens Review) since 1st week. I got the car Dec 30th and so far clocked 2000+ kms and this juddering issue has come up at least a dozen times. I couldn't replicate this to show to the service person. I took it to the service center and they ran the diagnostics and said nothing is wrong.

My question is, are we sure it's due to bad fuel? Asking because I remember having this issue from the very beginning.

Quote:
This is the exact same issue. Thanks.

Today morning I left from Cochin to Bangalore and topped up from a different pump in Kakkanad.
What did the service center say in your case?

Can you also please let us know which pump to avoid and which one you found to be good?
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 09:13   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
I had searched entire Team-BHP (and internet) for the same issue (I called it clutch or gear slip/ jerk / knocking / engine misfire) I'm having on a brand new Kia Carens (Diesel Auto). However I couldn't really find anything on the Kia Carens thread and today I stumbled on your profile and thread for some random reason while reading your reply on the Kiger airbags (Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19). The way universe works sometimes is quite interesting!

My Carens have been giving this same issue (Kia Carens Review) since 1st week. I got the car Dec 30th and so far clocked 2000+ kms and this juddering issue has come up at least a dozen times. I couldn't replicate this to show to the service person. I took it to the service center and they ran the diagnostics and said nothing is wrong.

My question is, are we sure it's due to bad fuel? Asking because I remember having this issue from the very beginning.

What did the service center say in your case?

Can you also please let us know which pump to avoid and which one you found to be good?
Hi @inwester.

Honestly, it is just a guess on bad fuel causing the injector issue. In my case, the issue started after I fueled once in a questionable place in Bangalore. And it was not immediate. It was after a week of driving with that fuel.

In my case, there were no error codes on the scanner (or) any errors on the instrument cluster. It was just the juddering/shuddering/jerking that was felt every day. But unfortunately it would not recreate everytime I went to the service station. But I was very clear that I want this fixed.

The initial visit, they changed the Air filter and gave the car back. The issue reoccured in a few days. This time I told them I need a proper fix and I also pointed them to fuel injector as the possible culprit. It would be easier if the issue recreates when they test drive.

But the service center and advisor from Lakshmi Hyundai were very supportive. And the second time they took the car back and after 2 days they confirmed it is the injector. And thats how it ended.

I have driven 11000 kms since the injector change and the juddering has not reoccured since. I am also careful about where I fuel now a days.

It is very important to get the injector fixed quickly, else engine damage cannot be ruled out.

Last edited by Naetik30 : 17th February 2023 at 09:20. Reason: spelling errors
Naetik30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:11   #690
BHPian

Quote:

I have a Diesel AT.
I faced the same issue as well. It all started post filling diesel in a shady pump. In my case I had a warning light and the DPF was changed under warranty. I had to keep the car with ASS for 4 days.

Since replacement I have driven around 12K kms and the juddering has not happened. However, I am extra careful while choosing pumps.
maximus_fiat is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks