Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2023, 14:18   #691
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

So I have had my first puncture today. I went out yesterday evening and returned and parked my car around 7 PM, and there was no TPMS warning till I parked. But on morning, my front right tire was flat.

Called the assistance through Bluelink app, and they arranged road side assistance. RSA team(1 person) arrived in an hour and replaced tire with spare one. Surprised to see third party team for RSA, and when enquired technician mentioned he is from Allianz Partners and Hyundai tied up with them for RSA. I have an i10 also, and the road side assistance was always through their dealership team, so not aware they had third party partnerships.

Repaired the puncture from my usual tire shop, and switched back the spare with original tire. Puncture was caused by a big nail.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:32   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
So I have had my first puncture today. I went out yesterday evening and returned and parked my car around 7 PM, and there was no TPMS warning till I parked. But on morning, my front right tire was flat.

Called the assistance through Bluelink app, and they arranged road side assistance. RSA team(1 person) arrived in an hour and replaced tire with spare one. Surprised to see third party team for RSA, and when enquired technician mentioned he is from Allianz Partners and Hyundai tied up with them for RSA. I have an i10 also, and the road side assistance was always through their dealership team, so not aware they had third party partnerships.

Repaired the puncture from my usual tire shop, and switched back the spare with original tire. Puncture was caused by a big nail.
Just out of curiosity asking this question - when you went out and parked, did you have any issue with someone about parking? The reason I am asking is that I had a situation where a shop guy was objecting about me parking in front of his shop and next day I found a nail punctured my tyre. I am sure it was deliberate so wondering if same thing happened with you.
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:50   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Just out of curiosity asking this question - when you went out and parked, did you have any issue with someone about parking? The reason I am asking is that I had a situation where a shop guy was objecting about me parking in front of his shop and next day I found a nail punctured my tyre. I am sure it was deliberate so wondering if same thing happened with you.
No, nothing of that sort I believe. Sorry to hear about your trouble. In my case, I traveled back around 15 KMs, and I neither felt any issues during return trip nor any warnings from TPMS. I took a shortcut and the road was not in good condition for a small stretch.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 06:22   #694

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatlessgovi View Post
Took delivery of our Petrol AT Signature 6 seater last month. Absolutely loving it so far.

Our main criteria for a new car was size. Wife and I + two dogs in my Polo GT Tsi was getting quite cramped, and almost impossible to do long trips with luggage and two furry babies.

What I like:
Feature packed: Although tech and electronics are not something I look for when buying a car, preferring old school basic cars, Hyundai has packed the Alcazar to the gills with features. Coming from a tiny Polo, the 360 camera is excellent when parking in tight spots

Engine: Super refined. The torque convertor box is a bit sluggish, but this can be dealt with by using manual mode and staying in the right rev band. Doesn't feel underpowered at all.

Space!: We took delivery of the car two days before we shifted house within the same city, and we were able to fit all our breakables in the rear with all seats down.

What I don't like:
The mileage is quite poor. Getting around 9-10 kmpl in the city. During my office commute from DL to GGN, if I leave at a good time I get around 16 kmpl (indicated)

The middle row could have had more space. Me, 5'11" can't sit behind me in my seating position. But this is subjective as I hog space.

Issues faced:

The wireless charger in the front wasn't working. It turned out the base had not been fitted properly and had fallen off under the centre console. Was fixed within minutes at the ASC.

After a wash, the ESC light kept flashing on and on and the engine kept cutting. This solved itself after a few kilometres so perhaps water hit one of the sensors.

The middle row AC went does not seem to be working. Has anyone else faced this? The "rear" button for the AC activates the third row vents. Can't seem to get the middle row to blow any air.
Regarding the middle row AC vents:
I had noticed that, the auto climate control even decides the flow mode for front and middle vents.
And for certain modes no air flows via middle row AC vents.
May be try different modes for air vent (which disengages auto climate mode).
Old 23rd February 2023, 08:28   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatlessgovi View Post
Took delivery of our Petrol AT Signature 6 seater last month.

What I don't like:
The mileage is quite poor. Getting around 9-10 kmpl in the city. During my office commute from DL to GGN, if I leave at a good time I get around 16 kmpl (indicated)

The middle row could have had more space. Me, 5'11" can't sit behind me in my seating position..
You should be quite happy that you get 8+ kmpl in NCR region for a car with a 2000cc naturally aspirated petrol. The good part of the engine is its linear performance, nothing that surprises you either way. Such engines also usually are longer lasting and consistent in terms of performance.
Also the Alcazar is a slightly stretched Creta, so it would have those limitations of a compact SUV. But you get better boot space. In my view, the Alcazar is should be the definitive Creta because it is not too large, yet is a comfortable 5 seater with lots of boot space with last rows flipped down. And can carry a couple more of young adults in a crunch.
Old 24th February 2023, 19:51   #696
BHPian

I received Navi Map update.

Did anyone else received it? I am really hoping this improves direct PoI search from maps on the Infotainment system. Most of the time I have to first find coordinates on Google Maps and then send to car via Bluelink app’s search interface.

Cross posting from ownership thread for update version information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
Received Navi map update.

Previous Map version: IN.15.41.44.581.101.1

Attachment 2422180

New Map version: IN.15.47.50.471.101.1

Attachment 2422183
Old 26th February 2023, 06:01   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
I received Navi Map update.

Did anyone else received it? I am really hoping this improves direct PoI search from maps on the Infotainment system. Most of the time I have to first find coordinates on Google Maps and then send to car via Bluelink app’s search interface.

Cross posting from ownership thread for update version information.
I did receive it too last week. It was a minor one I guess, because when compared to the previous updates, this was quicker (may be I didn't realize it was updating in the background). I am not sure what changed with the new update, I so wish they had a change log somewhere.

Anyways I rarely, use the native navigation as I am connected to AA all the time and use Google Maps.
VNair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 13:41   #698
BHPian

I don't know if I have received it as yet. Is there a way to find out if your car has received it or is due to receive an upgrade for the Maps? I do use the in-built navigation extensively.
Old 27th February 2023, 13:52   #699
BHPian

Looks like Alcazar facelift is around the corner. Came across this in a trusted social media group.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_20230227_134718_915.jpg  

Old 27th February 2023, 14:57   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Looks like Alcazar facelift is around the corner. Came across this in a trusted social media group.
2.0 petrol Engine has been discontinued in Alcazar now and this powerful 1.5 turbo engine with DCT has been offered. But the major issue in Alcazar were its weak headlights. Seems company has not addressed the biggest issue with Alcazar.
Old 27th February 2023, 15:02   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
2.0 petrol Engine has been discontinued in Alcazar now and this powerful 1.5 turbo engine with DCT has been offered. But the major issue in Alcazar were its weak headlights. Seems company has not addressed the biggest issue with Alcazar.
Received below message from Modi Hyundai's Sales team, Mumbai yesterday:

"Quick Update -- Currently I have

1) Alcazar 1.5 Kappa Manual Transmission 7 Seater
Fuel Type - Petrol Variant Platinum
Colour Polar White on road price 2268141 assured delivery in less than 15 days

2) Alcazar 1.5 MPi (Automatic) Fuel Type - Petrol Variant Platinum(O) Colour Starry Night
on road price 2418141 assured delivery in less than 15 days

3) Alcazar 1.5 MPi (Automatic) - Petrol
Variant Prestige(O) 7 seater Colour Polar White
on road price 2418141 assured delivery in less than 15 days

4) Alcazar 1.5 MPi (Automatic) Fuel Type - Petrol Variant Signature(O) 6 seater Colour Polar White & Starry Night on road price 2472905 assured delivery in less than 15 days

5) Alcazar 1.5 MPi (Automatic) Fuel Type - Petrol Variant Signature(O) 7 seater Colour Polar White on road price 2472942 assured delivery in less than 15 days"

So I am guessing 1.5 L is more or less available
Old 27th February 2023, 15:41   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Received below message from Modi Hyundai's Sales team, Mumbai yesterday:

"Quick Update -- Currently I have

1) Alcazar 1.5 Kappa Manual Transmission 7 Seater

2) Alcazar 1.5 MPi (Automatic) Fuel Type - Petrol Variant Platinum(O)

So I am guessing 1.5 L is more or less available
I think you are getting confused between the 1.5 MPi which is NA (non-turbo) engine and the newly launched 1.5l Turbo Petrol engine.
Old 27th February 2023, 15:44   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I think you are getting confused between the 1.5 MPi which is NA (non-turbo) engine and the newly launched 1.5l Turbo Petrol engine.
Yeah, I think I was, I realised that after I posted it. But does that mean 2.0 NA Petrol is completely out?
Old 27th February 2023, 17:30   #704
BHPian

Phew, finally the update I was waiting for! A torquier engine instead of the 2.0 litre petrol. Autocar seems to report that this engine does a claimed 18kmpl for the DCT and 17.5kmpl for the manual gearbox. Not bad!
Old 27th February 2023, 18:22   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Yeah, I think I was, I realised that after I posted it. But does that mean 2.0 NA Petrol is completely out?
Is there 1.5 NA petrol engine option on Alcazar? I thought only 1.5 Diesel and 2.0 Petrol are available till now.

Most Viewed